Author Topic: Got a GREAT deal from Amazon customer service!!  (Read 1010 times)  

Offline royerhouse

• View Profile
Got a GREAT deal from Amazon customer service!!
« on: January 09, 2011, 07:30:09 pm »
If your Kindle malfunctions, be sure to call Amazon CS before buying a new one! 
My Kindle 1 bit the dust about midnight on 12/7.  (Screen looked like ink had been spilled all over it! Totally unreadable.)  I panicked and went to the boards to see if others had had this problem.  Research revealed that my problem usually was unfixable.  Just to be sure, I replaced the battery, rebooted several times, etc., etc., but nothing changed.  I came to the computer to order a Kindle 3 (my husband had just purchased one and I was pretty impressed, anyway)  Just to see if there was anything I hadn't tried, I called Amazon CS (1:15AM)  After listening to my problem, suggesting some of the things I'd already tried, the representative concluded I'd had a major screen failure and, without my even asking, offered me a $75 off a new (fully equipped, not refurbished) Kindle 3.  I immediately took her up on the offer and should have my new Kindle by Monday!  (Cost to me:  $117 and change!)  VERY IMPRESSIVE!  Guess it helps that the e-reader market is heating up and it did make me wonder if a new generation is about to come out in the next few months, but I don't care. . . I love Kindle and am anxious to get my replacement!  I was prepared to pay full price and would have never known there was any alternative unless I'd called for help. 

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline CegAbq

• Albuquerque, NM
      • View Profile
    Re: Got a GREAT deal from Amazon customer service!!
    « Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 07:33:16 pm »
    Great story - and welcome to Kindleboards. This is a great place.
    Carol in 'burque

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to Skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and shouting: Damn-What a ride!

Offline Cindy416

• Midwest
      • View Profile
      • My Eclectic Range
    « Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 07:34:00 pm »
    That's wonderful! I really don't know of any place that has better customer service than Amazon in general AND Kindle customer service in particular. Congrats on your new Kindle.

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers."  Charles W. Eliot

Offline nownownow

• California
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 10:54:18 am »
    Wow!  That's fantastic.  Another kindle joined our family this past christmas..  It's nice to see they are so good with their customer service!
    Love my Kindle!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement