Author Topic: How do you redeem a promotional 5 gift card  (Read 663 times)  

Offline raynsally

• View Profile
How do you redeem a promotional 5 gift card
« on: January 13, 2011, 02:19:15 pm »
I bought a amazon card for my ebooks account.  They sent me $5 promotional #. I know you have to buy something but whenever I try to apply it to my account it says there is a problem. I am trying 2 buy books that are more then 5. I have 1 click on my page so I don't put ebooks in a cart. What am I missing? I really hope this isn't another supid question. But Oh well.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline telracs

• NYC
    • peace, love, justice.... and chocolate.
      • View Profile
    Re: How do you redeem a promotional 5 gift card
    « Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 02:49:50 pm »
    Check that you have not already applied it.  (check your gift card balance).  Once it's applied, your one click will automatically use the GC first for whatever you try and buy, but you won't know that until you get your receipt.

Online Ann in Arlington

• Super Moderators-5
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 04:41:04 pm »
    Go to Your Account and click "apply a gift card to your account".  You'll be able to enter the code and then when you next buy a book (or anything else, for that matter) via one-click the gift card balance will automatically be used first.

(Oh, I should clarify, if the gift card is restricted to ebooks or audible books or videos, Amazon knows that somehow and it won't let you buy something else with it.)

If this is what you're doing, and it won't take, I'd suggest you contact Amazon about it. . . .
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline LuvMyKindle

• Las Vegas, Nevada
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 08:28:21 pm »
    In December, I had rec'd an email from Amazon which offered "Buy at least $50 in Amazon.com Gift Cards before Christmas and we'll give you $5 off your next purchase at Amazon.com."

I did order a $50 gift card and I rec'd an email with a gift code last Friday. It turns out this can NOT be used for Kindle books.  :P   You have to order merchandise from Amazon (not other sellers) and when you purchase what is in your cart, you apply the promotional code (given in the January email) at check out, and it will deduct $5 from your total.

Oh, the January email I rec'd states this must be used by Feb. 7, 2011.

Offline raynsally

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 07:35:23 am »
    That is the same thing I did I guess it can't be used for Kindle books. That's a shame kindle books are all I buy at Amazon, other then my K2. I'm glad it wasn't more then $5, I would have been upset.

Offline LuvMyKindle

• Las Vegas, Nevada
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 08:04:06 am »
    Well, if there is nothing your want to treat yourself to, maybe you could find some items that are eligible for free shipping (that qualify) which you would normally buy at Walmart or elsewhere, and save $5 with the order. CD's, DVD's, batteries, kitchen gadgets, pet toys, shampoo, some kind of organizer, office supplies, printer ink cartridges, a birthday gift for someone, etc. If you spend a little time searching the site, maybe you'll find a few things you need, afterall  ;)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement