Author Topic: Review of the M-edge Prodigy Jacket by Rikkileigh  (Read 2367 times)  

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
  • Global Moderator
  • Maine, USA
  • Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies available now!
    • View Profile
    • Maine Desk
Review of the M-edge Prodigy Jacket by Rikkileigh
« on: March 05, 2009, 11:46:27 am »
Hi,
I ordered my Red Marbled leather executive jacket on Feb 9th (Kindle release date) directly from M-Edge. Originally they offered the clip style (then they stopped offering it, then offered it again) and subsequently renamed it the Prodigy to differentiate it from the 4 point mounting system. First let me say, I really love it. It comes out of the box smelling like the real leather and it is soft and pliable. The marbling is subtle in both texture and color. While it is truly red, those who are sensitive to nuances of reds will want to know that the red is not a blue red but on the orange side. I know this only from selecting reds for my nails. ;) The inside is indeed a very soft grey suede. I had purchased the e-luminator previously (had no trouble with battery installation or performance) and the light fits snugly in the pocket behind the Kindle and it lays flat along the inside of the binding. I also have no trouble twisting/positioning the light when I need it, something I read earlier that presented a problem with some users.

The clips, it seems to me, provides a marriage of floating and corner mounting. There is  matching redl leather strip on the inside of the binding that holds two clips on the left that fit into the two side slots of the Kindle 2. The bottom clip is sort of a teardrop shape that is stationary and points slightly downward. One puts the Kindle 2 into that clip first and slides the Kindle 2 up to position it where it needs to be. The top clip is like an arrow and is on a spring. You push the spring down to get it into the top slot and then let go, this allows it to go back to the upwards position and lock the Kindle in with the head of the arrow. Then you position the elasticized mounts on the right to secure that side. Lastly, the cover does bend all the way back on itself easily. I have gained such great knowledge from the generosity of people's posts here that I felt compelled to provide what I could in great detail. Please feel free to ask any questions about it. Sincerely, Dianne

<posted by Leslie at Dianne's request>
<added links and stock photo - Harvey.>
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 02:44:29 pm by Harvey »

Leslie Nicoll

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline arshield

• Marietta, GA
      • View Profile
      • Bookwi.se
    Re: Review of the M-edge Prodigy Jacket by Rikkileigh
    « Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 07:17:22 pm »
    Yours was the real leather not the fake leather?  Is it worth the extra $15? 

I like the clips and the flap but am not sure about the outside two straps.  Are they in the way of anything?

Offline rho

• ny
    • aka rho1640 on Word with Friends member 1975
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 08:28:04 pm »
    oh I can't wait for mine to come - did you have a red one of the Executive - is it the same color as that one or a different red - my K1 is in a red Executive ...

can't wait for my cover, my decal girl skins, and my BorsaBella bag -- Minerva is going to be decked out!  ;D
    rho

I've gotten over $125 in Amazon Gift Cards using this as my search engine

Offline Lesli

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 10:00:48 pm »
    I ordered this cover in the pebbled purple. I like the idea of it being mounted rather than just being held with the 4 corners. I can hardly wait for my cover and kindle to arrive.
    Lesli

Offline Daisy1960

• Baltimore, Maryland
    • BUNNIES RULE!
      • View Profile
      • Facebook
    « Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 09:16:42 am »
    Yours was the real leather not the fake leather?  Is it worth the extra $15? 

I like the clips and the flap but am not sure about the outside two straps.  Are they in the way of anything?

I also have the Prodigy cover in red, and, unless you dislike leather on principle, the leather version is definitely worth the extra $15.  The vinyl just can't beat the suppleness of real leather, and- I agree with Dianne- the scent is divine!

Re the red corner straps, they don't interfere with anything; when I need the Mighty Brite, for instance, I simply release the straps- no prob.

I love it!

Susanjane Elizabeth
    Proud parent of "Jennie" (Kindle Oasis 3G/WiFi)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement