Author Topic: Review of the M-edge platform cover by Kevin63  (Read 3343 times)  

Offline kevin63

• Saint Louis, Missouri
  • Honda Ridgeline
    • View Profile
Review of the M-edge platform cover by Kevin63
« on: March 10, 2009, 03:44:28 pm »

I received my M-edge platform cover yesterday.  Mine happens to be the pebbled purple.  The color is rich and I'd say the best way to describe the shade of purple would be grape.  I really like this color, I was afraid it was going to be more on the lavender side, but it isn't.  I hope the color shows in the picture above.  I had to take it with my cell phone since I've misplaced the power cord for my digital camera.

The leather feels and smells great.  I like the padding underneath the leather.  The padding give plenty of "cushion" without making the cover too "bulky".  The edging is sewn well with a white thread.  The contrasting white thread definitely shows up on the stitching, but doesn't bother me.  I have seen in some of the threads that some don't care for the contrasting stitching, but it doesn't bother me. 

The cover is lined with the soft gray suede material.  I'm sure over time that will darkening from "oil" on the hands.  Might be nice if they'd put in a darker material to avoid this issue.  There is one large pocket in the top part of the cover with a smaller, business card, size pocket.  It has a pen/pencil elastic holder in the part right above where the Kindle sits.  The bottom part of the cover has a small pocket space to allow for the M-edge light (when it comes back out for purchase). And then there is about one inch of space running along the left side that is covered in the purple leather.  This space will allow for the light when folded and provides a space to hold the cover while reading.  The platform has 2 purple leather straps on the bottom and 2 elastic straps covered with purple leather to hold the Kindle securely in place.

The top part of the cover flips over when opened.  I put the small strap into the tab when it is opened.  It's comfortable to hold when reading.  I had the Amazon cover prior to getting his platform cover.  The Amazon cover did fold back nice and flat.  The M-edge is thicker when folded open.

Overall, I like the M-edge cover.  The leather and the padding is great.  I did like the "hinge" system in the Amazon cover, so I'm sure I'll order the M-edge Prodigy model somewhere down the road, but till then I'm happy with the Platform model.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 07:16:21 am by Leslie »

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline ogie287 (est. 1838)

• View Profile
    Re: Review of the M-edge platform cover
    « Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 04:02:37 pm »
    Very nice!  I'd say that purple is eggplant.  I've got the red platform on order.  Can't wait to get it!

Does it fit in your BB bag?

Offline sheltiemom

• dallas, tx
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 04:36:07 pm »
    I just received the sapphire platform cover and have a BB that is about 10.5 by 6.75 inches.  It fits but is tight.  I did order an Oberon butterfly that will probably fit in the bag better. 

That is a great review of the platform cover.  I wasn't sure I was supposed to put the tab in the slot, but I liked it best there.  I have the same skin you have and it looks good with the blue, also.  Overall, I like the feel and looks of the cover a lot. 

Offline kevin63

• Saint Louis, Missouri
    • Honda Ridgeline
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 05:26:29 pm »
    Very nice!  I'd say that purple is eggplant.  I've got the red platform on order.  Can't wait to get it!

Does it fit in your BB bag?

To me eggplant is a darker purple that's why I thought grape was a better description.  But it's hard to be exact when it's so subjective.  The picture of it on the Amazon page (what little there is of it) seems darker than what it actually is.

It does fit in the BB bag.  If the cover was any wider, I don't think it would fit.  I'm really not using it with that.  The BB is just a little too much of a "murse" for me.  I'm using the black quilted Belkin case from Target.

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.

Offline Candace

• View Profile
    Re: Review of the M-edge platform cover by Kevin63
    « Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 10:38:18 am »
    Kevin's review is a very thorough, great review of the M-edge platform jacket. I have it in marbled red leather and LOVE it, even though Kevin didn't seem quite so enamored of his. The feature I like best is the ability to prop it up in its "stand" formation and read with "look, no hands!" mode. I also really like the fact that it's very slim and not bulky at all, especially in comparison to the gorgeous Oberon Design cover that I have. The Oberon cover is exquisite, but it is, in fact, quite bulky and heavy, and you sure can't stand it up to read. Every time I switch to the Oberon because I sort of feel obligated to (I paid a lot of money for it), I always end up switching back to the M-edge platform within a day or two. Plus, the red leather is just as nice in its own way as the Oberon. I'm really ready for the M-edge light to come out. The Mighty Bright light is very heavy and does better on the Oberon because of that.

Offline fishcube

• Iowa
      • View Profile
    Re: Review of the M-edge platform cover by Kevin63
    « Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 09:33:28 am »
    Those with marbled red and sapphire blue in platform.  Can you post pics???
    Sharonkay
    ---
    Kindle2
    M-edge Platform sapphire
    Mystic Mermaid skin

KBoards.com

• Advertisement