Author Topic: THE VAULT now available on Kindle  (Read 50721 times)  

Offline boydm

• Seattle
    • View Profile
    • Boyd Morrison author site
THE VAULT now available on Kindle
« on: March 21, 2009, 12:44:39 am »
<The following post was written after I first posted my books onto the Kindle store in March 2009. I have now earned a publishing deal with Simon and Schuster for all three books, and the books have been temporarily removed from the Kindle store; they will be re-released soon. I've removed the Amazon links so that there won't be any confusion about why the links are broken.>

My name is Boyd Morrison, and I wrote the thriller novels The Ark, The Palmyra Impact, and The Adamas Blueprint. I am trying to break into the publishing business, and I've made great progress so far with a literary agent and blurbs from NY Times bestselling authors. While I'm writing my next book, I decided to offer my books for the Kindle so that people can start reading my work.

I priced my books at $0.99 for my first novel, The Adamas Blueprint, and $1.99 (currently marked down to $1.59) for my second and third novels. My books are also available for download on my web site at www.boydmorrison.com, so that people without a Kindle or iPhone can also read my novels.

I would call my thrillers action/adventures or technothrillers, and the authors that inspire me are Clive Cussler, James Rollins, Doug Preston, Lincoln Child, Michael Crichton, and Dean Koontz. I am always trying to improve my writing, so I welcome any feedback you would care to give me at [email protected]

Here is a short synopsis for each book:

The Ark - A relic from Noahs Ark gives a religious fanatic and his followers a weapon that will let them recreate the effects of the biblical flood, and former combat engineer Tyler Locke has just seven days to find the Ark and the secret hidden inside before its used to wipe out civilization again.

The Palmyra Impact - When a massive explosion rocks the uninhabited central Pacific and launches a series of mega-tsunamis toward Hawaii, the clock begins. In one hour, Honolulu will cease to exist. In that same instant, Kai Tanaka, the director of the Pacific Tsunami Warning System, begins a desperate race to save the lives of a million people, including his wife and daughter.

The Adamas Blueprint - One of the greatest inventions of the 20th century becomes a death sentence for grad student Kevin Hamilton when forces beyond his comprehension set their sights on the billion-dollar chemical process he unwittingly created.

Thanks,
Boyd Morrison
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 08:24:42 am by boydm »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
    • Global Moderator
    • Maine, USA
    • Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies available now!
      • View Profile
      • Maine Desk
    Hi Boyd, welcome. Glad to have you here. Thanks for the heads up on your books.

L

Leslie Nicoll

Offline drenee

• West Virginia
    • Member 527
      • View Profile
    Welcome, Boyd
    Thank you for offering your books.  I ordered them for my mom.  Her husband is giving her K2 for their anniversary in about a week.  I have downloaded many of my books onto her K.  But she loves thrillers (I don't; sorry), so she will be very excited about your books. 
    deb
    Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life.

WwF  DRA60
    Miss you, Dona, Jeff and Harvey.

Offline JeanThree

• View Profile
    Hello Boyd--I've ordered all three books now. I previously downloaded the Adamas Blueprint--my DH and I met while he was a doctoral student in Chemistry so that was a definite purchase and I just bought the other two seconds ago. They are waiting in my queue until I finish "In Her Name" an awesome book I found here on Kindleboards. The second best thing to getting my Kindle 1 about 2 weeks ago was finding Kindleboards and the recommendations for great books I might have missed otherwise. I am also amazed at the huge pool of authors that may finally find a voice through e-books. Wonderful world we live in! Thanks for offering them!

Offline Kindgirl

• Ohio
      • View Profile
    Got 'em.  Thanks!  I love thrillers.

Offline Anne

• Queens New York
      • View Profile
    Hi Boyd: I just downloaded the samples of all three books. Thank you for letting us know about them and having them available at such a good price.

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    Thanks for the kind welcome! The Kindle and the Web offer great opportunities for new authors like me, and I was excited to find out about these boards through a serendipitous Google search.

Offline David J. Guyton

• Maryland
    • Fantasy Author
      • View Profile
      • davidjguyton.com
    Welcome Boyd...congrats on your progress. Great prices!

Offline Silver

• View Profile
    I have purchased all three of your books, Boyd.  All sound really good.  I am currently reading The Palmyra Impact and enjoying it very much.  I'm not surprised that I like your story and style after reading about the authors who inspire you.  Some of my own favs are on your list. 

Thanks for offering your works on Kindle and at such good prices.

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
    • Member #1600 since January 15, 2009
      • View Profile
    I purchased the Adamas Blueprint this morning and am looking forward to reading it.  I have found enjoy the books even more when I have "met" the author here on the KB and have tried several books I probably wouldn't have purchased before.  I imagine I will get the other two as well since I agree with Silver and enjoy the authors who have inspired Boyd.

Offline crosj

• San Jose
      • View Profile
    Looked interesting so I purchased all three.
    Sing like no one is listening and dance like no one is watching.

Offline Anne

• Queens New York
      • View Profile
    Looked interesting so I purchased all three.

They do look interesting. I just purchased all three also.

Offline ScrappingForever

• Maryland
      • View Profile
      • Author Michael Hicks
    Hi Boyd! Your books look great! I'm going to go and grab the samples right now. :)
    Jan

Publicist for Author Michael Hicks
    http://authormichaelhicks.com

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    Thanks to everyone who has bought my books! I hope you enjoy them. If you feel any of them is worthy of a good review on Amazon, I'd love for you to post there.

Here are some blurbs about my books from authors I read myself.

The Ark

James Rollins, NY Times bestselling author of THE LAST ORACLE and THE JUDAS STRAIN "Boyd Morrison's novel, THE ARK, is a stunning thriller with a premise as ingenious as it is flawlessly executed. Lightning-paced, chillingly real, here is a novel that will have you holding your breath until the last page is turned. One of the best debuts I've read this year."

Jon Land, bestselling author of THE SEVEN SINS THE ARK features the perfect blend of historical mysticism and clever, classical thriller plotting. Imagine the famed Ark rediscovered and reinvented to form the seeds of a modern day conspiracy. Boyd Morrison manages that flawlessly in this blisteringly-paced tale packed with the best twists and turns the genre has to offer. The search for Noah's Ark may continue but the search for the next great thriller writer ends here.

The Palmyra Impact

Douglas Preston, New York Times bestselling author of RELIC and BLASPHEMY THE PALMYRA IMPACT opens with a bang--literally--and then takes the reader on a watery thrill ride of terror. This is top-notch suspense, with crisp plotting, believable characters, and well-researched science. A classic disaster novel, up there with the very best. A piece of advice to the reader: don't take this one to the beach...

James Rollins, New York Times bestselling author of THE LAST ORACLE and THE JUDAS STRAIN Boyd Morrisons THE PALMYRA IMPACT is a disaster novel stripped straight out of today's headlines. As a mega-tsunami sweeps for Hawaii, readers will be caught in the riptide as Kai Tanaka fights for his family's survival. Not to be missed!

John Case, New York Times Bestselling Author of GHOST DANCER Boyd Morrison delivers the goods. Expertly researched and gripping, THE PALMYRA IMPACT is a pulse-pounding tale delivered by a born storyteller.

Jon Land, bestselling author of THE SEVEN SINS
    It's been a long time since I've read a novel as technologically satisfying and downright scary as Boyd Morrisons THE PALMYRA IMPACT. Morrison's smooth and savory mix of science and suspense brings the absolute best of Michael Crichton to mind. THE PALMYRA IMPACT could be this generation's Andromeda Strain, a terrific page-turner tucked neatly inside a cautionary tale of our own fragile place in the ecosystem. The future, to paraphrase Yogi Berra, isn't what it used to be, but the promising Boyd Morrison will be a writer to be reckoned with for as long as it lasts.

Chris Kuzneski, New York Times bestselling author of SWORD OF GOD THE PALMYRA IMPACT is the best thriller I've read this year.

Thanks,
    Boyd

Offline intinst

• Shannon Hills, AR
    • 'just enough clouds to create a beautiful sunset
      • View Profile
    I sampled each one and will let you know what I think.
    A great many people now reading and writing would be better employed keeping rabbits.  Edith Sitwell 
    Your work is to keep cranking the flywheel that turns the gears that spin the belt in the
    engine of belief that keeps you and your desk in midair. Annie Dillard

Located just outside Little Rock, Arkansas

Online LDB

• Texas
      • View Profile
    I added the first one to my long list of tbr. It looks interesting.
    My Service on the KBoards Yellow Pages
    There's no bad day if you have a good book.

Offline Steph H

• North Texas
    • K1, K2, KDX, K3, KFire, K4, KPW1, KFireHD, KV, KO
      • View Profile
    Welcome to Kindleboards, Boyd, and thanks for posting more about your books. I had bought The Adamas Blueprint a few days ago after it was posted in our Bargains thread, but haven't yet read it as I'm currently in the middle of a series (I'm kinda weird, have to finish a series before I can go on to the next thing ;)). I look forward to reading it, and likely will get the others as well as they also sound interesting. :)
    Currently active Kindles:                                                  Swag Bucks - Earn Amazon GCs for free!
    KFireHD - Draco                                                              I'm in the fight! - Support Liver Disease Awareness
    KV - TARDIS
    KO - Merlin

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    Thanks for the warm welcome! One question I've received is whether my books are a series. They are all stand-alones, so you can read them in any order. The most recent book is The Ark, and the oldest is The Adamas Blueprint, which I finished in 1995 (you will notice that some of the technology is specific to that era). I would recommend starting with the story that you feel has the most intriguing description.

Thanks,
    Boyd

Online LDB

• Texas
      • View Profile
    I read the first five chapters of The Adamas Blueprint last night before bed and enjoyed it. I've read enough to confirm it needs to move from my 'mentioning' list to my 'recommending' list.

Offline Linda Cannon-Mott

• Assignment #118
      • View Profile
    Welcome Boydm, glad to add another author to our group!  :) I just bought The Adamas Blueprint based on LDB's recommendation. Actually all 3 sound like good reads. Look forward to reading them.

Offline Bruinboy

• Omaha, NE
      • View Profile
    Just ordered The Ark.  Thanks for letting us know.  I've had great luck with ordering books from recs found on these boards.

Offline jpmorgan49

• Joliet, IL
      • View Profile
    Got all three from Amazon.  One will be the next book I read.  Does it matter which book I read first or are they all independent?
    jp

Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/jpmorgan49/
    Kindle Touch July 2012
    I'm really one of a Kind...le!

Online LDB

• Texas
      • View Profile
    They are stand alone. I'd suggest the one I'm reading as I'm really enjoying it but I'm sure any are good.

Offline MarthaT

• View Profile
    Just got all 3, have a long flight coming up, these will come in handy  :)

Offline rho

• ny
    • aka rho1640 on Word with Friends member 1975
      • View Profile
    Just wanted to say I am reading The Ark and am really enjoying it ...
    rho

I've gotten over $125 in Amazon Gift Cards using this as my search engine

KBoards.com

• Advertisement