Author Topic: THE VAULT now available on Kindle  (Read 50713 times)  

Offline CegAbq

• Albuquerque, NM
    • View Profile
Hey Boyd - deep into The Ark as I type; and just signed up for your newsletter; it will be fun to keep up with your doings.!
Carol in 'burque

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to Skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and shouting: Damn-What a ride!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline back2nature

• So. Calif.
      • View Profile
    Just finished reading the Adamas Blueprint and The Palmyra Impact. I especially liked The Palmyra Impact. Wow, what a ride. I think I started hyperventilating. I was periodically giving my husband and blow by blow account of what was happening. He would keep coming in the room asking me "has the wave hit yet?".

I will definitely look forward to more books in the future from you.

Thanks.
    Laurie
    K2/Noreve, Sandy Vintage

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
      • Boyd Morrison author site
    Hi everyone!

I thought I'd pop in from writing my next Tyler Locke book to let you know that Touchstone is so excited about The Ark that they have decided to move up the publication date from August 2010 to Spring 2010. When I know the exact month, I'll let you know.

Dablab, I still own the film rights, but when I find the right studio for it, I'd love to see The Ark as a movie!

Thanks for signing up for my newsletter, CegAbq! The contest is still going on for another week, so anyone else who would like a shot at one of two $20 Amazon gift certificates, please sign up!

Thanks, Back2nature! At least now you won't have to wait as long for The Ark to come out (and now I won't have to wait as long! Having to wait a year was agonizing.). We're still working on a deal for The Palmyra Impact and The Adamas Blueprint.

Cheers,
    Boyd

Offline frojazz

• Southaven, MS
    • He's my Huckleberry!
      • View Profile
    Hi everyone!

I thought I'd pop in from writing my next Tyler Locke book to let you know that Touchstone is so excited about The Ark that they have decided to move up the publication date from August 2010 to Spring 2010. When I know the exact month, I'll let you know.

!!!  So exciting!

And another Tyler Locke book in the works.   8)
    Anybody want a peanut?

Offline KimmyA

• SC
    • Member 1001
      • View Profile
    The Ark has been moved up and you're writing another Tyler Locke book! Awesome!!

Offline jpmorgan49

• Joliet, IL
      • View Profile
    Excellent Boyd!!  I'm looking forward to the next Tyler Locke novel  I hope it's available on the Kindle!!!  Again CONGRATULATIONS!!  If you do a book signing in the Chicago area, I'll be there. ;D ;D
    jp

Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/jpmorgan49/
    Kindle Touch July 2012
    I'm really one of a Kind...le!

Offline Carol Hanrahan

• So. Cal.
      • View Profile
    A Link!  A Link! I need a LINK!

Carol Hanrahan

Offline frojazz

• Southaven, MS
    • He's my Huckleberry!
      • View Profile
    There isn't a link yet, Carol.  We are excited for a book that is in the works!   ;D
    Anybody want a peanut?

Offline Carol Hanrahan

• So. Cal.
      • View Profile
    But did the other books disappear?

Carol Hanrahan

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    It's not a case of disappearing.  Boyd is in negotiations for publishing by a major house and so he had to pull them from distribution on his own.  If you bought them before, you still have them.  But you won't be able to buy them again until his new publisher releases their editions.
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline Lynn

• Lake Wales Florida
    • Member #356
      • View Profile
    Boyd- really enjoyed The Ark; unfortunately I didn't get the others at the same time so now I'll have to wait to read them:(. Signed up for your newsletter today.

Lynn L

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    Thanks, Lynn!

Simon and Schuster now holds the electronic rights (in the US and Canada) for The Ark, and we're still talking about the rollout (we've already changed the pub date in the two weeks I've had the deal, so anything can happen). I'll be heading to NYC in September to talk to S&S/Touchstone about that.

The Palmyra Impact and The Adamas Blueprint are currently in negotiations, so it seemed prudent to remove those from Amazon and my web site while those are ongoing.

I'd love to do a signing in Chicago, JP! However, since I'm a debut author, I don't know what the plan is for book signings. Usually, that's something more established authors do. But if there's enough demand, I'd love to do some. I know a lot of great authors who live in Chicago. Great book town.

Offline Carol Hanrahan

• So. Cal.
      • View Profile
    Keep us up to date on your books, movies (can we help pick the leading actors? ::)) and book signings!  We love to share in the excitement!

Carol Hanrahan

Offline vlapinta

• View Profile
    Boyd,
    I thoroughly enjoyed your books. Where can I find the Ark to read on my kindle?

Vicki

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    Thanks, Vicki! The Ark is not available right now because we're editing it, but it should be back up on the Kindle in Spring 2010.

Offline fitart

• View Profile
    Although I am very happy that you got your book deal I am pretty bummed out since after reading The Palmyra Impact and The Ark I had downloaded a sample of The Adamas Blueprint and I went looking for it to buy it and it disappeared!  So I guess that means you will have some unhappy fans out there including me!

Offline fitart

• View Profile
    Just bummed out that when i went to buy The Adamas Blueprint after having read The ark and The Palmyra Impact-IT WAS GONE!!!  I am so bummed out!  I love your books and I am so disappointed that it is no longer available-although I am happy for you!
    marilyn

Offline tommy jonq

• View Profile
    congratulations! i've worked in publishing for over 20 years now, and i think that book publishing is going to follow music publishingauthors are going to be expected to launch their own careers before media companies like CBS (the owners of Simon and Schuster) and Time Warner will invest their own money. POD will do for book publishing what the home-PC CD burner did for music.

ten years ago, launching my own first novel, Gemini Tiger, would have cost me $25,000. so far, i've spent less than 200. besides, even a "published" author like mr boyd still needs to do all things that a "self-published" author has to do.

beginning, oh, say, now, i think all future new authors are going to have to follow mr boyd's example. i certainly am.

best wishes!

tommy jonq

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    The journey for The Ark that started with the Kindle will now take it to Spain (including worldwide Spanish rights), Bulgaria, Taiwan, and Indonesia! I'm truly amazed!

Offline geoffthomas

• Derwood, Maryland
    • Member 2434
      • View Profile
    See we told you it was good and a unique concept.

Just sayin......

Miss you, Dona, Jeff & Harvey! | Member since 02/27/2009 | e-books by Lynn Abbey, CJ Cherryh, & Jane Fancher
    TANSTAAFL (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch)

Offline EllenR

• Washington
    • Dale Chihuly exhibit, San Francisco 2008
      • View Profile
    See we told you it was good and a unique concept.

Just sayin......

LOL I bet that is one "we told you so" Boyd is very happy to get!

We are so happy for you, Boyd. Can you tell? :D It's kind of like having a family member suddenly hit the big-time!

EllenR

Offline stargazer0725

• Texas
      • View Profile
    Hi, Boyd.  I ordered The Palmyra Impact from Amazon back in early April and have had it sitting on my To-Be-Read list while I finished a fairly lengthy series.  But I must say how much I regret not reading your novel right away.

It was gripping and wonderfully researched and took me quite by surprise.  I was not expecting near the quality read that I received for a self-published title.  I was so impressed, that I went to look you up again on Amazon and purchase your other books and couldnt find you.  So I came here to KB, where I discovered your offerings were pulled from Amazon pending a big book deal.  Congratulations to a very deserving author!

And now I find myself sorely in need of a literary fix from you, dear sir.  Woe is me

In the meantime, I will be recommending your upcoming releases to many of my friends and family.

Offline Edward C. Patterson

• Allentown, PA
    • Author of 38 Published Books
      • View Profile
      • Dancaster Creative - Authors Page
    Drat Boyd:

I went to buy your books, but you good fortune has prevented me.  ;D Please tell me when they come out and I'll be one of the first in lie.

Edward C. Patterson
    AUTHOR of 38 Published Books

Offline jrector

• View Profile
      • The Cold Kiss
    Spain?  Excellent news, Boyd.  Congratulations!

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    Thanks, Stargazer! I'm glad you were one of the first to get one of my books from Amazon. We're still working on a publishing deal for The Palmyra Impact and The Adamas Blueprint, but I hope to know something soon. The Ark is still scheduled for Spring 2010, and I should get an exact month for the release in the next few weeks.

Edward, my good fortune will mean my books will be back in readers' hands soon!

John, it's great to hear from you! It looks like you'll be at Bouchercon on October 15-18, so I'll see you in Indianapolis. I'm also planning to attend the Left Coast Crime convention in Los Angeles in March 2010. Depending on when The Ark is released, that may be the first conference where I actually have DTBs available to sign!

Despite requests from a few major media outlets recently, my publisher is going to hold off trying to schedule any major press until next year (otherwise people get understandably frustrated that they can't find my books after they read the article). However, I did stop by and chat a few weeks ago with a nice guy named Mark Jeffrey who interviews authors about their self-publishing experiences. You can find the video interview at http://bibliotechshow.com/2009/08/19/bibliotech-episode-10-author-boyd-morrison/. In the interview, I gave a well-deserved shout-out to my Kindleboards supporters.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement