Author Topic: THE VAULT now available on Kindle  (Read 50720 times)  

Offline Edward C. Patterson

• Allentown, PA
  • Author of 38 Published Books
    • View Profile
    • Dancaster Creative - Authors Page
Re: My novels, The Ark, The Palmyra Impact, and The Adamas Blueprint now on Kindle
« Reply #300 on: September 22, 2009, 08:37:00 am »
I'll mug Jay for his copy.  ;D

Ed Patterson
AUTHOR of 38 Published Books

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline BethA

• View Profile
    Re: My novels, The Ark, The Palmyra Impact, and The Adamas Blueprint now on Kindle
    « Reply #301 on: September 22, 2009, 05:23:43 pm »
    I'll mug Jay for his copy.  ;D

Ed Patterson

can I borow it when you're done?

Offline 911jason

• Simi Valley, CA
      • View Profile
      • Kindle Screensavers
    « Reply #302 on: September 22, 2009, 05:33:54 pm »
    me too, me too!!!

• Allentown, PA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #303 on: September 22, 2009, 06:31:25 pm »
    Well, Boyd - when the books are out I will pay for an autographed copy.
    And I want you to inscribe it :

"To Ed
    Those who wait are lost
    Boyd"

Ed Patterson

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
      • Boyd Morrison author site
    « Reply #304 on: September 23, 2009, 11:12:30 am »
    Well, Boyd - when the books are out I will pay for an autographed copy.
    And I want you to inscribe it :

"To Ed
    Those who wait are lost
    Boyd"

Ed Patterson

I'd be delighted to, Ed!

I found a fantastic local web site here in Seattle called The Signed Page, and you'll be able to order personalized signed copies of The Ark from their web site. It works great because it's near my house, and whenever they get orders, I can just head on down and sign, and they take care of the shipping. I'll let you know when the listing is up on their site.

By the way, the title in the UK market is The Noah's Ark Quest, and it's already listed on the Amazon.co.uk site! Though the titles are different for the US and UK markets, the manuscripts are identical.
    « Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 10:32:59 am by Harvey »

• Allentown, PA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #305 on: September 23, 2009, 11:23:33 am »
    I am looking forward, Boyd.

Ed Patterson

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #306 on: September 23, 2009, 11:24:56 am »

By the way, the title in the UK market is The Noah's Ark Quest, and it's already listed on the Amazon.co.uk site! Though the titles are different for the US and UK markets, the manuscripts are identical.
    How cool is that!
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline rho

• ny
    • aka rho1640 on Word with Friends member 1975
      • View Profile
    « Reply #307 on: September 28, 2009, 05:17:38 pm »
    ok I loved the Ark - and  I started The Palmyra Impact this afternoon and just finished it about 6 minutes ago  - can I just say  OMG - I swear my Blood Pressure rose just reading it - It was beyond fantastic.  Who do you have pictured for the characters when it is made into a movie - because it will be made into a movie for sure.  When it comes out in print I will be telling all my friends they HAVE to read it.
    rho

I've gotten over $125 in Amazon Gift Cards using this as my search engine

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #308 on: September 29, 2009, 08:10:57 am »
    ok I loved the Ark - and  I started The Palmyra Impact this afternoon and just finished it about 6 minutes ago  - can I just say  OMG - I swear my Blood Pressure rose just reading it - It was beyond fantastic.  Who do you have pictured for the characters when it is made into a movie - because it will be made into a movie for sure.  When it comes out in print I will be telling all my friends they HAVE to read it.

Thanks, Rho! Kai would be a hard character to cast, so I don't know who would fit the role. I think Nathan Fillion would be great as Brad (he'd also make an awesome Tyler Locke). Eva Mendes could play Teresa, and I could see several different actresses as Rachel. My film rights agent thinks The Palmyra Impact would make a good mini-series, so that might be an option if I get a publishing deal for it.

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #309 on: September 29, 2009, 10:10:33 am »
    Kevin Bacon should play some part. . .then we'll all be able to personally win the Six Degrees game:  We know Boyd and Kevin Bacon is in Boyd's movie . . . ;D
    My Kindles
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline EllenR

• Washington
    • Dale Chihuly exhibit, San Francisco 2008
      • View Profile
    « Reply #310 on: September 29, 2009, 11:20:39 am »
    Boyd, when the book comes out will you be doing a local book signing in our area somewhere?

EllenR

Offline rho

• ny
      • View Profile
    « Reply #311 on: September 29, 2009, 12:09:49 pm »
    Thanks, Rho! Kai would be a hard character to cast, so I don't know who would fit the role. I think Nathan Fillion would be great as Brad (he'd also make an awesome Tyler Locke). Eva Mendes could play Teresa, and I could see several different actresses as Rachel. My film rights agent thinks The Palmyra Impact would make a good mini-series, so that might be an option if I get a publishing deal for it.

First off Nathan Fillion would be a great Brad -- Nathan Fillion mmmmm (yes I am 56 and I have white hair but Nathan Fillion is HOT! - that's not creepy is it?)  and a mini-series - oh yeah - draw the suspense out longer.  How about Dean Cain as Kai
    rho

Offline 911jason

• Simi Valley, CA
      • View Profile
      • Kindle Screensavers
    « Reply #312 on: September 29, 2009, 12:29:09 pm »
    Nathan Fillion mmmmm (yes I am 56 and I have white hair but Nathan Fillion is HOT! - that's not creepy is it?)

Not for you or us... but you'd probably need to ask him! ;D

Offline Neekeebee

• View Profile
    « Reply #313 on: September 29, 2009, 12:41:52 pm »
    Kevin Bacon should play some part. . .then we'll all be able to personally win the Six Degrees game:  We know Boyd and Kevin Bacon is in Boyd's movie . . . ;D

LOL  ;D

N :)

Offline rho

• ny
      • View Profile
    « Reply #314 on: September 29, 2009, 12:44:53 pm »
    Not for you or us... but you'd probably need to ask him! ;D
    ;D
    rho

Offline stargazer0725

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #315 on: September 29, 2009, 01:41:18 pm »
    Just saw this and immediately thought of your book...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33075304/ns/world_news-asiapacific/?GT1=43001

Waiting patiently for my fix....

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #316 on: September 29, 2009, 06:55:44 pm »

Actually, you are all already linked to Kevin Bacon! My Bacon number is 3. I was in the play Noises Off with Rod Pilloud, who was in the movie The Prodigal with Jim Smith, who was in Mystic River with Kevin Bacon.

Ellen, I don't know what my book signing plan is, but I'm in NYC this week to meet with Simon and Schuster, so maybe I'll know more soon. I'll let you know when I have more info.

Stargazer, I saw the horrible news about the tsunami in American Samoa. Unfortunately, tsunamis will continue to be a threat, and the PTWC director said my story, while unlikely to happen soon, is not out of the realm of possibility. You'll notice in the story about the Samoan tsunami that they were actually hit by four waves, the number of waves to hit Honolulu in my novel.

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #317 on: September 30, 2009, 05:07:35 am »
    Actually, you are all already linked to Kevin Bacon! My Bacon number is 3. I was in the play Noises Off with Rod Pilloud, who was in the movie The Prodigal with Jim Smith, who was in Mystic River with Kevin Bacon.

But this would put us even closer!  :D

Actually, I was in a movie once with Rosanna Arquette, Willem Dafoe, Brad Johnson and Danny Glover . . . so I'm sure there's a connection to Kevin Bacon there somehow too!  (Flight of the Intruder, released in 1991, filmed partially on location on the Island of Kaua'i while we were stationed there.  Anyone who wanted to be an extra could be!)
    My Kindles
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline CegAbq

• Albuquerque, NM
      • View Profile
    « Reply #318 on: September 30, 2009, 06:38:45 am »
    Just saw this and immediately thought of your book...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33075304/ns/world_news-asiapacific/?GT1=43001

Waiting patiently for my fix....

Me too  ;D
    yet, I lived in Western Samoa for 13 months & my heart aches for them.
    Carol in 'burque

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to Skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and shouting: Damn-What a ride!

Offline EllenR

• Washington
    • Dale Chihuly exhibit, San Francisco 2008
      • View Profile
    « Reply #319 on: September 30, 2009, 08:09:42 pm »
    Boyd, I thought of your book as soon as I read the paper today. I have to say, if nothing else I certainly have a far better understanding of tsunamis now. My prayers are with those in the region hit by the tsunamis.

Please do post when you know where you will be headed. I'll bet I'm not the only one interested in buying a book and having you sign it!

EllenR

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    Hi everyone,

I'm excited to announce that The Palmyra Impact and The Adamas Blueprint will be published by Simon and Schuster! Both books will be published in the US as mass market paperback originals by the Pocket Books imprint sometime in late 2010/early 2011. FYI, the titles of the books may change.  Were still negotiating foreign rights. Ill let you know when I have more information. So now I essentially have a four-book deal with Simon and Schuster! Thanks to everyone who has read the books and were so supportive.

I will be at the Bouchercon writers conference in Indianapolis this Thursday through Sunday, so if anyone is there, please come find me. I'll be on an author panel on Thursday afternoon at 1:30PM titled "The Long and Winding Road to Publication."

The Ark is now listed on Amazon! It only lists the hardcover and audio versions, but my editor assures me that there will be a Kindle version as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Ark-Novel-Boyd-Morrison/dp/1439181799/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255100018&sr=8-2

Cheers,
    Boyd
    « Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 10:34:24 am by Harvey »

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    WOW, Boyd ... just WOW!!! 

Let us know if they change the titles.  I like them the way they are.  They sound very Ludlum to me. 

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    The Ark is now listed on Amazon! It only lists the hardcover and audio versions, but my editor assures me that there will be a Kindle version as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Ark-Novel-Boyd-Morrison/dp/1439181799/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255100018&sr=8-2

Cheers,
    Boyd

Just to be sure. . . .I went and clicked "I want this book on Kindle!"  ;D  
    « Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 10:34:56 am by Harvey »
    My Kindles
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline marianneg

• Dallas, TX
      • View Profile
      • Mariannerisms: my ramblings about books, TV, and life
    Wow, outstanding!  I also hope they don't change the titles.  I think they're great for thrillers, short and cryptic.
    Read my blog about books, TV, and my life at mariannerisms.wordpress.com
    Follow me on Twitter
    Follow me on Pinterest
    Friend me at Goodreads

• Allentown, PA
      • View Profile
    Boyd:  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Absolutely Fantabulous  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ed Patterson