Author Topic: THE VAULT now available on Kindle  (Read 50706 times)  

Offline boydm

• Seattle
    • View Profile
    • Boyd Morrison author site
Los Angeles!  I can get there!  Do I wait to get my signed copy then?

If you can make it, I'd love to see you there. I'll be in LA the week of May 17.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline jpmorgan49

• Joliet, IL
      • View Profile
    Bummer, nothing close to the Midwest....  Maybe I'll have to take a trip to LA!!!  Very, very happy for you Boyd.. ;) ;D
    jp

Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/jpmorgan49/
    Kindle Touch July 2012
    I'm really one of a Kind...le!

Offline 911jason

• Simi Valley, CA
      • View Profile
      • Kindle Screensavers
    Hmmm... I live in Los Angeles... and Boyd's would be the perfect autograph for the back of my Kindle... but am I willing to sacrifice my USC skin?

Offline 911jason

• Simi Valley, CA
      • View Profile
      • Kindle Screensavers
    Boyd

GREAT Books.

I read the first on the suggestion of my sister over a day or two but when I realized there were two more she'd sent me, they both got read in single sittings (much to the detriment of getting my chores done). Captured me and carried me from beginning to end.

THANK YOU

Just curious, but how did you get these books from your sister? They haven't been available for quite some time, I thought...?

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    I'm so happy for your success, but perhaps this thread should be renamed?  I thought maybe the books were once more available for Kindle!
    New York, NY
    Flutist, retired legal word processing operator
    Readers:  Oasis 2, Kindle Fire 8 HD Plus, Paperwhite 2 (2013) (gave away), Fire HDX 8.9" (won't hold a charge now), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    I'm so happy for your success, but perhaps this thread should be renamed?  I thought maybe the books were once more available for Kindle!

Good idea. I've changed the thread title, but it appears that it only changes the title on the first post. Still, that should be enough to minimize confusion because that's what appears in the Book Bazaar.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    Re: My novels The Ark, The Palmyra Impact, and The Adamas Blueprint coming soon
    « Reply #381 on: December 18, 2009, 06:07:39 am »
    Just curious, but how did you get these books from your sister? They haven't been available for quite some time, I thought...?

Richard's Kindle is on my account. . .and I'd purchased all 3 books when Boyd first announced them here months ago. . . . .so he had access to my archive.
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline Richard in W.Orange

• Suburban NJ outside NYC
    • at Westminster Arts, Bloomfield NJ, May 15-23
      • View Profile
      • When I'm not reading -- The Musical's the Thing

My kindle share's Ann's account so Archives are good!!! (I'm going back there today to search for more to read)

Ann--note that Boyd is going to be in NYC at some point ... I live 20 miles from there....

Richard

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #383 on: December 18, 2009, 08:47:21 am »
    Yeah. . . . I saw that. . . .will have to see what the timeline looks like.  ;)
    My Kindles
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline 911jason

• Simi Valley, CA
      • View Profile
      • Kindle Screensavers
    « Reply #384 on: December 19, 2009, 02:56:44 am »
    Richard's Kindle is on my account. . .and I'd purchased all 3 books when Boyd first announced them here months ago. . . . .so he had access to my archive.

How come you never offered that to me Auntie Ann? ;D

Offline dablab

• York, PA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #385 on: December 19, 2009, 05:12:13 am »
    Boyd,

Here is another one that would love to see you come to the east coast, like baltimore area.  My husband just finished reading The Ark, after I talked it up so much, and of course he loved it!!  I guess for now I will going to the signedpage website for a signed copy.  You should feel good, I have never gotten a signed copy of a book before. 

Dot

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #386 on: December 19, 2009, 05:37:48 am »
    How come you never offered that to me Auntie Ann? ;D

;D

He bought his own Kindle. . . . .having done that and knowing we frequently read the same sorts of books, it made sense for it to just be on my account. . . . .
    My Kindles
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline Richard in W.Orange

• Suburban NJ outside NYC
    • at Westminster Arts, Bloomfield NJ, May 15-23
      • View Profile
      • When I'm not reading -- The Musical's the Thing
    « Reply #387 on: December 19, 2009, 05:54:21 am »
    ;D

He bought his own Kindle. . . . .having done that and knowing we frequently read the same sorts of books, it made sense for it to just be on my account. . . . .

And as a means to an end...if she's relatively sure I'll like it, she can always use my credits on her account to get herself books ... so long as they appear in my world too...speaking of which, with the books all on her acccount, its not updating my recommendations so I have to figure out how to make Amazon suggest things to me that I'd like based on my reading habit...hmmmmm  (I'd give the 10 i've read at this point all 4 or more stars!!)
    Richard

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #388 on: December 19, 2009, 06:01:40 am »
    I think. . . . . .you can go to "Improve your Recommendations" and there's a way to enter titles that you've read but not purchased at Amazon. . . .been a while since I've done it though. . . . .

My Kindles
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline KimmyA

• SC
    • Member 1001
      • View Profile
    « Reply #389 on: December 21, 2009, 05:22:48 pm »
    Thanks for keeping us updated Boyd. I'm so happy for you!!  ;D

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #390 on: January 02, 2010, 10:52:06 am »
    I wanted to share my first appearance in a US magazine article! In the January issue of American Airlines' in-flight magazine American Way, I get a nice mention in a story about self-publishing titled, "The End" is just the Beginning. Kindleboards also got a deserving mention for being instrumental in supporting my work.

If you're not flying on American this month, you can find the article at the following link:
    http://www.americanwaymag.com/boyd-morrison-industrial-engineer-serious-energy-published-author

I'm also excited about appearing in the same issue as Jim Parsons, who stars as Sheldon in one of my favorite series, The Big Bang Theory. Geeks rule!

Offline geoffthomas

• Derwood, Maryland
    • Member 2434
      • View Profile
    « Reply #391 on: January 02, 2010, 10:54:44 am »
    While I really like Sheldon (yeah I know - real name Jim), you are the real story there.
    IMHO - and we are real proud of you Boyd.

And there is also a mention of our own Chris Marks (archer here) in the article.

Just sayin.....
    « Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 11:00:38 am by geoffthomas »

Miss you, Dona, Jeff & Harvey! | Member since 02/27/2009 | e-books by Lynn Abbey, CJ Cherryh, & Jane Fancher
    TANSTAAFL (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch)

Offline marianneg

• Dallas, TX
      • View Profile
      • Mariannerisms: my ramblings about books, TV, and life
    « Reply #392 on: January 02, 2010, 12:35:46 pm »
    Really nice article!  I didn't know the whole story, about putting your wife through med school and all.
    Read my blog about books, TV, and my life at mariannerisms.wordpress.com
    Follow me on Twitter
    Follow me on Pinterest
    Friend me at Goodreads

Offline R. M. Reed

• Glendale, CA
      • View Profile
      • Barstow Productions
    « Reply #393 on: January 02, 2010, 09:47:01 pm »
    I was scheduled to fly American a few days ago, but I got sick and canceled. Somehow I missed this thread until now. The first I heard of you was over at the Amazon discussions a couple of hours ago. They said you have a publisher. Congratulations! Is that May 2010 you have a book signing in L.A.? You may see me there.

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
    • Bellingham WA
    • Love all, moderate all.
      • View Profile
      • KBoards
    « Reply #394 on: January 02, 2010, 10:36:00 pm »
    I wanted to share my first appearance in a US magazine article! In the January issue of American Airlines' in-flight magazine American Way, I get a nice mention in a story about self-publishing titled, "The End" is just the Beginning. Kindleboards also got a deserving mention for being instrumental in supporting my work.

If you're not flying on American this month, you can find the article at the following link:
    http://www.americanwaymag.com/boyd-morrison-industrial-engineer-serious-energy-published-author

I'm also excited about appearing in the same issue as Jim Parsons, who stars as Sheldon in one of my favorite series, The Big Bang Theory. Geeks rule!

Congratulations, Boyd! And thanks for mentioning KindleBoards!
    Flint and Flame: 15%

Authors: set up your own work-in-progress bar with our Author Sig tool.

Offline Daisey31

• View Profile
    « Reply #395 on: January 03, 2010, 12:31:12 am »
    Boyd,
    I have to tell you, I was raised in Hawaii, and i LOVED reading the Palmyra Impact. It was so good, my Father couldn’t finish it. It freaked him out. I was raised with tsunami warnings, so I know the apathy that some of the locals have when one is issued. You represented it all very well. I can't wait for your next book!

Gina :)

PS: Congratulations on your success. You DESERVE it. I hope Palmyra Impact gets optioned for a movie, it really should.
    « Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 12:32:57 am by Daisey31 »

Offline Christopher Meeks

• View Profile
      • Christopher Meeks Homepage
    « Reply #396 on: January 03, 2010, 12:53:00 pm »
    Henry Baum sent me an interview he did you with (at http://www.selfpublishingreview.com/blog/2009/07/14/a-kindle-success-story-how-to-promote-a-kindle-ebook/), which I found interesting and helpful. Since then, I've seen another mystery writer, Eric Christopherson with his book "Crack-Up," following many of your footsteps. There may be many more writers, too, as Christopherson put a list of the Top 25 independently published mysteries on Kindle at https://www.kboards.com/index.php?topic=14250.0. One of your advantages was you had an agent first who believed in you and used your sales to gain interest.

No one, of course, is likely to re-create the kind of lightning in a bottle you've found, but it sure inspires, and it reinforces the growing notion that ePublishing and POD can act as a farm team, and smart publishers can cherry pick some wonderful books.

The American Airlines magazine article is fabulous and the ten suggestions at the end should also motivate those who want to market their book efficiently (see http://www.americanwaymag.com/author-keith-ogorek-youtube-christine-marks). The one thing--a big thing--missing from the article is HOW to get one's manuscript in strong enough shape to market it. Most people are in a such rush to publish and don't want to spend the money on a good editor or a class to get their books up to truly professional standards that they're marketing sow's ears.

The article, too, reinforced how patient you were--nine years--and I bet in those nine years you were writing and improving your craft. Do you have any other recommendations for people on what to do before self-publishing in any form?

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #397 on: January 06, 2010, 07:05:40 am »
    That's a great idea for a blog, Chris. I'll do a post with my recommendations soon and put a link to it here.

BTW, I just received copies of my Advanced Reader's Edition of THE ARK that goes out to reviewers and booksellers, and it looks AMAZING!

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #398 on: February 25, 2010, 11:00:26 am »
    Sorry to have dropped out for a while. I've been proofreading The Ark for the fourth time, and it is now on the way to production. I've also been deep into revisions on The Palmyra Impact, which I think is much stronger now for the changes. I've also been working on Tyler Locke 2 and cranking up the publicity machine for The Ark.

But I DO have title news. S&S wanted shorter, punchier titles for The Palmyra Impact and The Adamas Blueprint, and I think we've got two that fit the bill. THE PALMYRA IMPACT will now be titled ROGUE WAVE and is coming out in December 2010. I like that Rogue Wave sounds sinister and hints at the out-of-nowhere nature of the tsunami. We have a tentative new title for THE ADAMAS BLUEPRINT, which is coming out in December 2011, but it still could change, so I can't share it yet. Believe me, titles are difficult; THE ARK was originally titled THE NOAH COVENANT.

No news yet on the ebook edition, but I'm confident that S&S will work out their differences with Amazon before The Ark comes out. I wish I had more insight into what's going on, but you agree to give up a certain amount of control when you sign a publishing contract (otherwise, no contract), and I'm happy to let S&S deal with all of that stuff.

Simon and Schuster has put together a fantastic web page for me on their site. It lists my book tour stops (I hope I will see some of you at them), it has a book club guide, and it has some factoids and interview questions if you're interested in that kind of thing (beware--the interview contains some spoilers). Here's the link: http://authors.simonandschuster.com/Boyd-Morrison/68927785

Finally, if you're looking for a great action/adventure to read, I'd recommend Graham Brown's Black Rain. Full disclosure: he's a friend of mine, and we're represented by the same agency. But don't take my word for it. Black Rain has been getting awesome reviews on Amazon, and they're well-deserved.

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #399 on: February 25, 2010, 11:07:30 am »
    Boyd, our own Maureen Miller has a book out entitled Rogue Wave published 3/1/09.  I don't know if you can have the exact same title or not, but I just thought I'd give you a heads up on that.

Keep up posted.  Sounds like it's getting better and better.

Oh, and for the record, I love the titles The Palmyra Impact and The Adamas Blueprint.  Very Robert Ludlum and gives the reader an idea what to expect.  Just my 2 cents. 

« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 11:10:31 am by Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake' »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement