Author Topic: THE VAULT now available on Kindle  (Read 50715 times)  

Offline askenase13

• View Profile
Re: My novels The Ark, The Palmyra Impact, and The Adamas Blueprint coming soon
« Reply #400 on: February 25, 2010, 11:11:04 am »
Boyd-  you have many real followers here like me.  Might I suggest that you start a new thread on this,  It is easier for peoiple to find it and follow it.

Best of Luck.  Let me know when you get to Boston.  I'll have you sign my kindle.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
      • Boyd Morrison author site
    « Reply #401 on: February 25, 2010, 11:20:10 am »
    Boyd, our own Maureen Miller has a book out entitled Rogue Wave published 3/1/09.  I don't know if you can have the exact same title or not, but I just thought I'd give you a heads up on that.

Keep up posted.  Sounds like it's getting better and better.

Thanks, Gertie. As you can see, it's very difficult to come up with unique titles. Titles can't be copyrighted, so you see the same titles all the time. I remember that last year, in the same month, both Iris Johansen and Robert Liparulo had books come out with the title DEADLOCK. In fact, if you search for "deadlock" on Amazon, you'll find at least six different titles with that name.

That said, although both of our books take place in Hawaii, it sounds like the plots are very different. Besides, there are three other books called Rogue Wave, so we're all in the same boat <groan>.

Yes, I liked the old titles, too.

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #402 on: February 25, 2010, 11:22:02 am »
    Boyd-  you have many real followers here like me.  Might I suggest that you start a new thread on this,  It is easier for peoiple to find it and follow it.

Best of Luck.  Let me know when you get to Boston.  I'll have you sign my kindle.

Thanks, Askenase! I'm happy to start a new thread, but I'm not clear how it would help. Got any suggestions for what to call it?

Offline Steph H

• North Texas
    • K1, K2, KDX, K3, KFire, K4, KPW1, KFireHD, KV, KO
      • View Profile
    « Reply #403 on: February 25, 2010, 11:33:37 am »
    What? You're gonna be in Houston but not Dallas?  Sheesh.  How rood.
    Currently active Kindles:                                                  Swag Bucks - Earn Amazon GCs for free!
    KFireHD - Draco                                                              I'm in the fight! - Support Liver Disease Awareness
    KV - TARDIS
    KO - Merlin

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #404 on: February 25, 2010, 11:49:41 am »
    What? You're gonna be in Houston but not Dallas?  Sheesh.  How rood.

Yes, my friends in Dallas weren't happy about that, either, but the resources are limited for this debut (sort of) author.  :'(

But take a roadtrip to Houston, and we'll have a party there!

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Alexandria, VA
    • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey.
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #405 on: February 25, 2010, 12:12:27 pm »
    Boyd-  you have many real followers here like me.  Might I suggest that you start a new thread on this,  It is easier for peoiple to find it and follow it.

askenase13--

Our rule here is to not start new threads for books that have existing threads, so Boyd's playing by the rules (Thanks, Boyd.)

Note that, in addition to subscribing to be notified (when you post to a thread, below the box, you will have additonal options; one is to be  notified via email of new replies to the thread), you can always bookmark a thread if you want to go back to it often.

And you're right, Boyd has a ton of followers here!

Boyd, congratulations on all your success and thanks for remembering KindleBoards!

Betsy
    Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
    Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX    KB Member #72
    Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline geoffthomas

• Derwood, Maryland
    • Member 2434
      • View Profile
    « Reply #406 on: February 25, 2010, 12:31:42 pm »
    While I know that to S&S you are a "new" author, we know you are an accomplished, seasoned one.
    They will want to treat the three existing books as brand new material.

But we are waiting for new work (to us) from you.
    Any idea when they will let you get through with the promo for the first three and produce the next Tyler book?

Miss you, Dona, Jeff & Harvey! | Member since 02/27/2009 | e-books by Lynn Abbey, CJ Cherryh, & Jane Fancher
    TANSTAAFL (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch)

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #407 on: February 25, 2010, 01:05:56 pm »
    Any idea when they will let you get through with the promo for the first three and produce the next Tyler book?

I'm so glad everyone is eager for the next one. Tyler Locke 2 is due to come out next summer. I've got ideas for the next five Tyler Locke adventures, so I'll keep writing them as long as people keep reading them.   :)

Offline geoffthomas

• Derwood, Maryland
    • Member 2434
      • View Profile
    « Reply #408 on: February 25, 2010, 01:30:46 pm »
    Are these new books going to be published by S&S?
    Or indie?

Miss you, Dona, Jeff & Harvey! | Member since 02/27/2009 | e-books by Lynn Abbey, CJ Cherryh, & Jane Fancher
    TANSTAAFL (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch)

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #409 on: February 25, 2010, 01:32:09 pm »
    Are these new books going to be published by S&S?
    Or indie?

Tyler Locke 2 is the second book in my hardcover deal with Touchstone/S&S.

Offline 911jason

• Simi Valley, CA
      • View Profile
      • Kindle Screensavers
    « Reply #410 on: February 25, 2010, 04:22:03 pm »
    Boyd - just signed up for an e-mail reminder of your 2nd SoCal signing at the Encino B&N... I will most likely be working that night, but if there's any way I can make it, I will!

Also picked up Black Rain for only $4 just now, thanks for the recommendation!

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #411 on: February 25, 2010, 06:26:21 pm »
    Great, Jason! Hope to see you there.

Offline Steph H

• North Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #412 on: February 27, 2010, 03:19:43 pm »
    Hey, you're 'official' now! You're listed at Fantastic Fiction! :D

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/m/boyd-morrison/

I've rarely found an indie author that is listed there...but then again, you're not really indie anymore with The Ark and the rest of the book deal! No idea how it's decided what/when to list there, though.
    Currently active Kindles:                                                  Swag Bucks - Earn Amazon GCs for free!
    KFireHD - Draco                                                              I'm in the fight! - Support Liver Disease Awareness
    KV - TARDIS
    KO - Merlin

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #413 on: February 28, 2010, 06:15:33 am »
    Yay Boyd!  I want to echo Gertie that the original titles are fine. . . .I don't see how three words isn't short enough.  Geesh!

If you want to edit the title of the ORIGINAL post in this thread, it will show differently in the list but won't start a new thread.   You do that by going to the original post, clicking modify, and then changing the subject.  Then you can add new info in a new post at the end of the thread.  That'll draw attention to the thread for folks that don't just read everything :D

Looking forward to the new book too!
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #414 on: February 28, 2010, 07:20:32 am »
    Boyd, I didn't realize you were going straight to hardcover. That is truly awesome. 

Good luck with the book signings. 

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    Re: My novels The Ark and Rogue Wave coming soon
    « Reply #415 on: February 28, 2010, 09:57:07 am »
    Thanks for the tip, Ann.

Regarding the titles, my feeling is that no matter what they're called, at least the content of the books is the same. That's what I have control over, so that's what I focus on. The title is merely the enticement to get someone to pick up the book, so if Rogue Wave does that as well as The Palmyra Impact, then I'm happy with it. I did veto some other title ideas that just didn't work.

Gertie, in addition to hardcover, The Ark is also coming out in large print format and as an audio book. The audio narrator is a four-time Tony-award-winning Broadway actor, and his name is--get this--Boyd Gaines. What are the odds?

Steph, I'm not familiar with Fantastic Fiction, but it must be big over in the UK.

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #416 on: February 28, 2010, 10:25:12 am »
    Gertie, in addition to hardcover, The Ark is also coming out in large print format and as an audio book. The audio narrator is a four-time Tony-award-winning Broadway actor, and his name is--get this--Boyd Gaines. What are the odds?

Steph, I'm not familiar with Fantastic Fiction, but it must be big over in the UK.

We go to fantastic fiction when we're looking for the order of any series.

Online akw4572

• KY
      • View Profile
    « Reply #417 on: February 28, 2010, 01:46:34 pm »
    Hope it comes back to Kindle, this sounds right up my alley, not sure how I missed it first time around.

Offline Steph H

• North Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #418 on: February 28, 2010, 01:50:44 pm »
    I have to admit, that with the Hawaii tsunami warnings yesterday, I couldn't help but think of The Palmyra Impact....that, and I sure hope there aren't any such warnings when I'm there in two weeks! :D

Oh, and as Gertie said, Fantastic Fiction is used a lot around here to check the order of series by authors, as well as just seeing a listing of all books by authors. It's a good site.
    KV - TARDIS
    KO - Merlin

Offline jpmorgan49

• Joliet, IL
      • View Profile
    « Reply #419 on: February 28, 2010, 06:27:16 pm »
    This just all so exciting, I can't wait to buy the hardcover!  Tyler Locke next Summer, YAHOO..  Congratulations, again Boyd.
    jp

Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/jpmorgan49/
    Kindle Touch July 2012
    I'm really one of a Kind...le!

Offline griffin911

• View Profile
    « Reply #420 on: February 28, 2010, 07:41:00 pm »
    I tried to follow the first posts to buy the books, but got "cannot be found" notices from Amazon.  Any help?

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #421 on: February 28, 2010, 07:54:42 pm »
    I tried to follow the first posts to buy the books, but got "cannot be found" notices from Amazon.  Any help?

I've modified the original post to explain about my publishing deal. I also removed the Amazon links so new readers of this thread wouldn't be confused about why they were broken. Thanks for bringing to my attention.

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #422 on: March 03, 2010, 08:37:48 am »
    Some of you have asked how to get a signed copy of THE ARK if I'm not touring in a city near you. I've set up a system with a local proprietor here in Seattle called The Signed Page where you can order personalized, signed copies on the Web. It's great because the store is near me, and they take care of all the shipping to make sure the book arrives intact. It's a pretty slick setup.

http://signedpage.com/authors/morrison-ark.html

Offline jpmorgan49

• Joliet, IL
      • View Profile
    « Reply #423 on: March 06, 2010, 01:06:22 pm »
    I'll be putting my name on the list Boyd, to be personalized!! ;D ;D
    jp

Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/jpmorgan49/
    Kindle Touch July 2012
    I'm really one of a Kind...le!

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #424 on: April 06, 2010, 02:19:33 pm »
    I just found out from Simon and Schuster that The Ark will be available on Kindle on May 11! It's not available for pre-order yet, but I'm told it will be available at least two weeks before the book is released. No word yet on Kindle pricing. I know that's been a big issue lately, but unfortunately those decisions are made at a high level in S&S, way over my head.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement