Author Topic: THE VAULT now available on Kindle  (Read 50615 times)  

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey.
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
Re: My novels The Ark and Rogue Wave coming soon
« Reply #425 on: April 06, 2010, 02:52:22 pm »
Good news!  Thanks Boyd.

Betsy
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX    KB Member #72
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline mamiller

• View Profile
      • www.maureenamiller.com
    « Reply #426 on: April 06, 2010, 03:03:21 pm »
    Congratulations, Boyd.  :D 

Offline Gayle

• New Mexico, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #427 on: April 06, 2010, 03:46:45 pm »
    YEAH ;D ;D I was hoping these would be available on Kindle soon.  I missed getting them before...they had already been removed from Amazon by the time I bought my Kindle and discovered Kindleboards. 

Congratulations, Boyd.
    We will be friends until we are old and senile; then we will be new friends.

ZiaStar on WWF

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
      • Boyd Morrison author site
    « Reply #428 on: April 13, 2010, 11:41:17 am »
    The new book trailer for THE ARK is up on Youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFRgn9bOTDA

Offline Carol Hanrahan

• So. Cal.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #429 on: April 13, 2010, 01:13:55 pm »
    AWESOME!  You must be thrilled - and we're thrilled right along with you!

Carol Hanrahan

Offline Dave Dykema

• Ohio
      • View Profile
    « Reply #430 on: April 13, 2010, 02:17:41 pm »
    I'm curious if some of that audio is from the audio book or was it made for the promo video? It's pretty well done and engaging.

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #431 on: April 13, 2010, 03:01:11 pm »
    The audio is just for the trailer. I think they did a great job.  I haven't heard the audio book yet.

Offline CegAbq

• Albuquerque, NM
      • View Profile
    « Reply #432 on: April 13, 2010, 05:08:40 pm »
    Great trailer.
    (Glad I got in on the beginning  ;), but I'm sure going to pitch this to friends who haven't read it yet)
    Carol in 'burque

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to Skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and shouting: Damn-What a ride!

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #433 on: April 26, 2010, 10:08:45 am »
    I'm happy to say that THE ARK is now available for pre-order on Kindle! It's not linked to the hardcover and audio versions yet, but I hope to get that fixed soon.

THE ARK (Kindle version)

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #434 on: April 26, 2010, 10:13:54 am »
    You all who have not bought this book must do so. . . it is worth the $11.99 the Publisher is charging. . . . .

And, Boyd, I'm gonna do my darndest to get to your signing in NY in July. . . . .
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #435 on: April 26, 2010, 10:23:21 am »
    You all who have not bought this book must do so. . . it is worth the $11.99 the Publisher is charging. . . . .

And, Boyd, I'm gonna do my darndest to get to your signing in NY in July. . . . .

Great, Ann! I hope to see you there.

Yes, I'm sure the price will be a turnoff for some people because I know pricing has been a big issue lately. As a debut author in a big organization, I don't have any say in the matter (part of the tradeoff for getting print books out there instead of self-publishing my ebooks), but I hope that the readers who do decide to try The Ark will feel like they've gotten their time and money's worth.

But I have to say, as much as I'm a fan of ebooks, the DTB looks very cool sitting on my kitchen counter!

Offline Edward C. Patterson

• Allentown, PA
    • Author of 38 Published Books
      • View Profile
      • Dancaster Creative - Authors Page
    « Reply #436 on: April 26, 2010, 10:24:32 am »
    I've been waiting for this book for an age. I missed it when it was floating in our Indie pool, and now that it's broken through to the top, I', so excited it's available. Just downloaded it. (well, preordered it)

Edward C. Patterson
    « Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 01:28:00 pm by Edward C. Patterson »
    AUTHOR of 38 Published Books

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    Re: The Ark now available on Kindle!
    « Reply #437 on: April 26, 2010, 10:29:04 am »

But I have to say, as much as I'm a fan of ebooks, the DTB looks very cool sitting on my kitchen counter!

I'm sure it does!  Rest assured if I get up there for the signing, I'll buy one for you to write in!
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline Steph H

• North Texas
    • K1, K2, KDX, K3, KFire, K4, KPW1, KFireHD, KV, KO
      • View Profile
    « Reply #438 on: April 26, 2010, 11:01:04 am »
    Boyd, did you have to make any/many revisions to the book for the new publisher?  I can't remember now and am too lazy to re-read the whole thread. :D

Just thinking that the original version I already have is probably 'good enough'....but then again I'll probably buy the new one eventually anyway.  ;D
    Currently active Kindles:                                                  Swag Bucks - Earn Amazon GCs for free!
    KFireHD - Draco                                                              I'm in the fight! - Support Liver Disease Awareness
    KV - TARDIS
    KO - Merlin

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #439 on: April 26, 2010, 11:20:42 am »
    Boyd, did you have to make any/many revisions to the book for the new publisher?  I can't remember now and am too lazy to re-read the whole thread. :D

Just thinking that the original version I already have is probably 'good enough'....but then again I'll probably buy the new one eventually anyway.  ;D

I didn't add or remove a single chapter, but we did edit to tighten things up a bit, so that it's even faster paced than last year's version. We also changed a few of the names. The most significant are the villain and his church. It's Sebastian Ulric now instead of Sebastian Garrett (we thought Garrett and Grant were too similar), and The Holy Hydronastic Church became The Church of the Holy Waters, which I like a lot better.

Offline geko29

• View Profile
    « Reply #440 on: April 26, 2010, 12:55:54 pm »
    Is it normal for the Hardcover and Paperback to be released on the same day?  Since I already have the indy release of the Kindle edition, I probably won't re-buy, but I may pick up a hardcover so I have a 1st edition piece of history!

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #441 on: April 26, 2010, 01:06:56 pm »
    Is it normal for the Hardcover and Paperback to be released on the same day?  Since I already have the indy release of the Kindle edition, I probably won't re-buy, but I may pick up a hardcover so I have a 1st edition piece of history!

I have no idea why Amazon lists a paperback release. The Ark won't be in paperback until next year. I've asked my publisher to remove it to avoid confusion.

Offline scottnicholson

• View Profile
    « Reply #442 on: April 26, 2010, 01:09:24 pm »
    Boyd, I am incredibly happy for you or any author who gets a nice deal, but I can't help noticing from your first thread, where your books are 99 cents, and now with a major publisher, they are $11.99. Is this accompanying editing and other factors worth the 1,200 percent markup? I am not judging your content in any way, just echoing a philosophical question I've heard over and over: "How much value does a publisher add?" I have no doubt to you they add the incredible value of getting you in bookstores, but how much better are they making the ebook?

Thanks and good luck. I can't wait to hear all the "Kindle author makes good" stories the press will love, and the resultant "rekindled" interest in e-reading. And I look forward to reading your book, though I will probably wait until the rush dies down. I also appreciate your continued interest and interaction with the emerging indie field. Well done.

Scott

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #443 on: April 26, 2010, 01:44:40 pm »
    Boyd, I am incredibly happy for you or any author who gets a nice deal, but I can't help noticing from your first thread, where your books are 99 cents, and now with a major publisher, they are $11.99. Is this accompanying editing and other factors worth the 1,200 percent markup? I am not judging your content in any way, just echoing a philosophical question I've heard over and over: "How much value does a publisher add?" I have no doubt to you they add the incredible value of getting you in bookstores, but how much better are they making the ebook?

Scott

This is a tough question, as everyone in the industry is finding out. What is the true value of an ebook? Is The Ark better now than it was last year, when I listed it for $1.99? I would say yes, but that's for each reader to decide. The cover is definitely better, although it's based on my design from last year. It's copyedited much better, as all the readers who helped me find typos in last year's version will attest. As with any economics question, we could turn it around and ask, was it priced too low at $1.99? Maybe not, based on the fact that I was an unknown author with no marketing or advertising support. If I'd had priced it higher, very few people would have taken a chance to try it out. There are a lot of factors that go into this equation, which makes my head hurt. That's why I was glad to get out of the publishing business and back to the writing business. My goal has always been to get my books in the hands of readers, in whatever format I could, and I felt that going with a publishing company was the best way to do that.

Regarding the price of a novel, whether it's ebook or pbook, every person has to decide how much something is worth to them (is it worth paying $200 for a ticket to see a U2 concert from the nosebleed section? for some people, yes; for others, no). In the end, I suppose it just comes to how much you value the time you spend being entertained by whatever medium it is, whether it's a book, song, movie, or video game.

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #444 on: April 27, 2010, 09:20:52 am »
    How this for timely? The UK Daily Mail is reporting that someone has found Noah's Ark!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1269165/Noahs-Ark-discovered-4-800-years--4-000m-mountain-Turkey.html

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #445 on: April 27, 2010, 10:10:47 am »
    How this for timely? The UK Daily Mail is reporting that someone has found Noah's Ark!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1269165/Noahs-Ark-discovered-4-800-years--4-000m-mountain-Turkey.html

Skeptic, here.

Boyd, I like your theory of The Ark better. 

Offline scottnicholson

• View Profile
    « Reply #446 on: April 27, 2010, 06:27:56 pm »
    Thanks, Boyd--makes sense. This is great news for e-books and writers, however it goes. I totally agree you did the right thing. It's still 5 to 10 years from the tipping point, and even then, I expect traditional publishers to still dominate due to the weight of their backlists.

Scott

Offline boydm

• Seattle
      • View Profile
    « Reply #447 on: May 11, 2010, 09:23:53 am »
    Today The Ark is available on the Kindle! Again! Thanks to all who took a chance on me and read my books last year.

One more cool thing: The Ark is the featured ad on the online book section of the NY Times!

http://www.nytimes.com/pages/books/index.html

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #448 on: May 11, 2010, 09:25:38 am »
    Today The Ark is available on the Kindle! Again! Thanks to all who took a chance on me and read my books last year.

One more cool thing: The Ark is the featured ad on the online book section of the NY Times!

http://www.nytimes.com/pages/books/index.html

Another home run, Boyd! 

Online geoffthomas

• Derwood, Maryland
    • Member 2434
      • View Profile
    Re: The Ark now available on Kindle
    « Reply #449 on: May 11, 2010, 09:33:14 am »
    Thanks for keeping us up to date, Boyd.

Now for those of you who have not read the Ark - go get it.

Just sayin.....

Miss you, Dona, Jeff & Harvey! | Member since 02/27/2009 | e-books by Lynn Abbey, CJ Cherryh, & Jane Fancher
    TANSTAAFL (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement