Author Topic: Converting notebook cover to Kindle cover?  (Read 846 times)  

Offline kuklachica

• View Profile
Converting notebook cover to Kindle cover?
« on: April 11, 2011, 04:29:08 pm »
Does anyone have any thoughts on how to convert a cover like this to a Kindle cover?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/64659092/moleskine-notebooks-leather-cover-in

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline PG4003 (Patricia)

• Kentucky
    • A book is like a garden.....carried in the pocket.
      • View Profile
    Re: Converting notebook cover to Kindle cover?
    « Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 06:29:45 pm »
    Bethany, I'll tell you what I think.  My first thought was that Moleskine makes Kindle covers, why don't you just buy one made for the Kindle, but then I looked around and it looks like they don't have one for the K3.  Wonder why?

As far as modifying the portfolio case to use with a Kindle, unless you have it professionally done, I think you would be disappointed in the finished product.  I'm a great one for playing around with things, changing this and changing that, but for something this major and also beautiful, I think if you tried something and then weren't totally happy with it, every time you picked it up you would have that little nag in the back of your mind that it's not "just right."

The only other thing I would suggest is go to MobileRead.com and make a post there with your request.  I've seen some posts on there where people modified covers, or made their own.

I'm just curious, are you looking at this because you were unhappy with that replacement Oberon you got (saw this on another thread.)
    Good luck!
    Visit my Etsy store!  Kindle Bags, Sleeves, and Purses custom made to your order
    http://www.pg4003.etsy.com

Offline kuklachica

• View Profile
    Re: Converting notebook cover to Kindle cover?
    « Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 06:42:50 pm »
    Quote from: PG4003 (Patricia)

I'm just curious, are you looking at this because you were unhappy with that replacement Oberon you got (saw this on another thread.)
    Good luck!

Yes, and I like to tinker with things, and thought this might be a fun project. I like some of the new Octovo covers, but would like to do something cheaper.
    « Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 06:50:29 pm by kuklachica »

Offline pecan3.14

• North Alabama
      • View Profile

KBoards.com

• Advertisement