Author Topic: BoxWave ClearTouch Anti-Glare screen protector for K2  (Read 5259 times)  

Offline JennSpot

• View Profile
BoxWave ClearTouch Anti-Glare screen protector for K2
« on: March 31, 2009, 07:26:10 am »
I was worried about accidentally scratching the screen of my K2.  So I ordered the BoxWave ClearTouch Anti-Glare screen protector via Amazon for $12.95 plus shipping.  You have the option of purchasing a single screen protector or a pack of three. 

The screen protector arrives on a clear plastic backing with a lint free cloth and a small plastic applicator that you use to press out any bubbles.  There are step-by-step directions on the back of the package with illustrations to help.

The application was super easy and only took a few minutes. 

Once applied, the screen protector is completely invisible and anti-glare. 

I would highly recommend this product for anyone who is concerned about scratching their kindle screen.

Jenn

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Kind

• View Profile
    Re: BoxWave ClearTouch Anti-Glare screen protector for K2
    « Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 09:49:14 pm »
    How does this thing work in the sunlight? Effective

Kindleholic - Addicted since Summer 2008.
    Original Kindle x 2  Woot Woot

Offline aaco

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 01:50:09 pm »
    Thanks for the recommendation.  I'm going to order this right now!

Offline JennSpot

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 11:03:24 am »
    Kind,
    I haven't actually had an opportunity yet to try reading in the sunlight.  I live in Pittsburgh and sadly, we rarely see the sun!   

We are headed to a beach in Florida in May and I sure do hope that the sun peeks out while we are there.  Will update on the effectiveness of the screen protector after our trip.

Jenn

Offline Rhiathame

• Happiness is a pretty pup
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 08:51:57 am »
    I have this as well and it works great inside and outside. It took me a few times of applying it to get a dog hair free application but it is wonderful now. I find that I have even less smudging on it than I did on my screen before.
    Alli aka The Chicken
    ~currently reading lots of books!

Offline geoffthomas

• Derwood, Maryland
    • Member 2434
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 09:12:39 am »
    I agree that this is a great product.
    Glare is no worse than without the protector.  I think it improves upon the K2 screen.
    Most screen protectors are made for back-lit glass devices and don't have to worry about glare so they are very shiny.
    This one is not.
    We have extensive discussion on this in another thread where DD had convinced many of us that this is a great product.
    But multiple threads increase the chance of the product being heard about.

Miss you, Dona, Jeff & Harvey! | Member since 02/27/2009 | e-books by Lynn Abbey, CJ Cherryh, & Jane Fancher
    TANSTAAFL (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch)

Offline tylerdurden51

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 02:23:26 pm »
    thanks for the recommendation!
    Knowledge is power!

Offline ghum

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 08:28:26 pm »
    Also recently installed the Boxwave protector.  I was initially reluctant to use any screen protector because of the following concerns : 1) increase in glare upon the screen  2) obscuring the clarity of the font 3)residue left by the screen protector upon removal and lastly 4) whether there was actually a real need for a protector if the Kindle is always used in a cover.

After much thought I and a bit of research on all the more popular protectors I decided that if I could find a screen protector that essentially protects the screen but does not change the optics in any way I would go ahead.  I bought the Boxwave. Glad I did.  It met all my above criteria.  Can't even tell its there.

The only caveat is that I had previously read that others had found that the installation can be frustrating and difficult since any lint/dirt that is on the screen or adheres to the protector will cause a air bubble.  This I found to be absolutely true.  Having said that, after 3 tries I was able to install the protector so there is only a very (almost imperceptibly) small bubble on the periphery where there are no words.  Although I am usually a perfectionist when it comes to this kind of stuff I decided to leave well enough alone and I am very happy with the product.  Like the others, would definitely reccommend. 

Also remember it took me 3 tries.  After the first two tries I looked for residue on the Kindle screen and found none.  However if I removed the protector a couple of months from now I wonder if there would be any residue...don't know ...don't intend to find out... maybe someone else has experience with this question.

Offline boxwave

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 01:48:42 pm »
    Jen, Glad to hear the ClearTouch Anti-Glare worked well for ya!

I was worried about accidentally scratching the screen of my K2.  So I ordered the BoxWave ClearTouch Anti-Glare screen protector via Amazon for $12.95 plus shipping.  You have the option of purchasing a single screen protector or a pack of three. 

The screen protector arrives on a clear plastic backing with a lint free cloth and a small plastic applicator that you use to press out any bubbles.  There are step-by-step directions on the back of the package with illustrations to help.

The application was super easy and only took a few minutes. 

Once applied, the screen protector is completely invisible and anti-glare. 

I would highly recommend this product for anyone who is concerned about scratching their kindle screen.

Jenn

Offline boxwave

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 04:52:02 pm »
    I am sorry to hear that the installation process was particularly frustrating!  Just a little tip...  The closest you may get to a dust/lint free environment in your daily routine would probably be in the bathroom after a hot shower.  In a steamy room, this drops all the dust particles in the air and eliminates static which attracts dust/lint to the protector. 

Also, if you are still having problems with your screen protector, please do not hesistate to contact customer service.  They will have some great tips for you as well. 

Also recently installed the Boxwave protector.  I was initially reluctant to use any screen protector because of the following concerns : 1) increase in glare upon the screen  2) obscuring the clarity of the font 3)residue left by the screen protector upon removal and lastly 4) whether there was actually a real need for a protector if the Kindle is always used in a cover.

After much thought I and a bit of research on all the more popular protectors I decided that if I could find a screen protector that essentially protects the screen but does not change the optics in any way I would go ahead.  I bought the Boxwave. Glad I did.  It met all my above criteria.  Can't even tell its there.

The only caveat is that I had previously read that others had found that the installation can be frustrating and difficult since any lint/dirt that is on the screen or adheres to the protector will cause a air bubble.  This I found to be absolutely true.  Having said that, after 3 tries I was able to install the protector so there is only a very (almost imperceptibly) small bubble on the periphery where there are no words.  Although I am usually a perfectionist when it comes to this kind of stuff I decided to leave well enough alone and I am very happy with the product.  Like the others, would definitely reccommend. 

Also remember it took me 3 tries.  After the first two tries I looked for residue on the Kindle screen and found none.  However if I removed the protector a couple of months from now I wonder if there would be any residue...don't know ...don't intend to find out... maybe someone else has experience with this question.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement