Author Topic: Bargain Books April 2009  (Read 22602 times)  

Offline love2read

• Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Bargain Books April 2009
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2009, 08:16:19 am »
A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks $3.99.

I missed it :( This book is already back to $9.99.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline drenee

• West Virginia
    • Member 527
      • View Profile
    « Reply #76 on: April 25, 2009, 11:35:58 am »
    3.99  4.99  4.74  4.99

I know we have some Nora Roberts fans here.
    Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life.

WwF  DRA60
    Miss you, Dona, Jeff and Harvey.

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #77 on: April 25, 2009, 01:41:23 pm »
    FYI, there is a third book in Nora Robert's Dream trilogy.  Deb probably didn't post it because it's $6.39, while the other two are "bargain" books.  I just wanted to let everyone know.

I can certainly recommend Honest Illusions

Thanks for the heads up, deb.  I think I'll stretch the April budget to get that one.

Offline Edward C. Patterson

• Allentown, PA
    • Author of 38 Published Books
      • View Profile
      • Dancaster Creative - Authors Page
    « Reply #78 on: April 27, 2009, 04:46:02 am »
    For a Limited time only, Edward C. Patterson's latest novel (March 2009) priced at $ .99 (NINETY-NINE Cents)

The Academician - Southern Swallow Book I

37 years in development, this tale of 12th Century China is finally here:

Description

"A bigger fool the world has never known than I - a coarse fellow with no business to clutch a brush and scribble. I only know the scrawl, because my master took pleasure in teaching me between my chores. Not many men are so cursed . . ." Thus begins the tale of Li Kai-men as told by his faithful, but mischievous servant, Ku Ko-ling - a tale of 12th Century China, where state service meant a life long journey across a landscape of turmoil and bliss. A tale of sacrifice, love, war and duty - a fragile balance between rituals and passions. An epic commitment between two men to define the indefinable in their own world and time. Here begins the legacy of the Jade Owl and its custodian as he holds true to his warrants.

The Academician is the first of four books in the Southern Swallow series, capturing the turbulence of the Sung Dynasty in transition. Spanning the silvery days under the Emperor Hui to the disasters that followed, The Academician is a slice of world events that should never have been forgotten. Still, there are things more important than invasions and empires. The worlds fate rests in the warrants of Li Kai-men, this young scholar from Gui-lin, called master by his faithful servant, but known as Nan Ya to the world.

Edward C. Patterson, M. A.
    « Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 05:50:30 am by edwpat »
    AUTHOR of 38 Published Books

Offline r0b0d0c

• Minneapolis
      • View Profile
    « Reply #79 on: April 27, 2009, 10:45:40 pm »
    I missed it :( This book is already back to $9.99.

Now back down to $7.19 - these Kindle book prices fluctuate faster than those at the gas pumps!
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count.
    It's the life in your years." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #80 on: April 28, 2009, 07:49:10 am »
    Now back down to $7.19 - these Kindle book prices fluctuate faster than those at the gas pumps!

As Len said about Ty and Chelsie's waltz on DWTS ... more rise and fall than a  bride's nightie.   ;)

Offline Carolyn Kephart

• View Profile
      • Carolyn Kephart: A Writing Life
    « Reply #81 on: April 28, 2009, 06:30:49 pm »
    I'm delighted to be able to offer both volumes of the Ryel Saga, Wysard and Lord Brother, for 99 cents now until the end of May. High fantasy at a low cost--enjoy!

Namaste,

CK

"Lord Brother, the stunning sequel (literally the second half) of Carolyn Kephart's beautifully crafted novel,Wysard, returns us not only to the quest of Ryel Mirai, but also to the art which is Kephart's prose.
         Kephart tells a great story. The scenes are vivid and detailed, real enough to envision. It's quite easy to lose yourself in the story; I had a hard time putting it down! I think one of the greatest accomplishments of the book is that you don't see the next thing coming. The story twists and turns, leaving you surprised and excited, but never startled (well, except once...). The ending, however, is surely the best part of the book. I had never even considered an ending like Kephart gives us in Lord Brother. And, to top it off, it's a Lady or the Tiger ending. The story is complete, but the ending leaves several things open. If Kephart does decide to publish further books about Ryel and his world, I'll be waiting eagerly. If not, then the ending of Lord Brother leaves a lot up to the readers, and should spark some interesting discussion among Kephart fans.
         I would wholeheartedly recommend Lord Brother, and if you missed it, Wysard. The two are a beautiful tapestry woven of exquisite prose and detail. The heroic fantasy is told anew with a flawed protagonist who learns and grows before your eyes."~Angela Silliman, Dark Moon Rising Magazine

Offline Sandy Nathan

• Santa Ynez, CA
    • Sandy Nathan, National award winning author
      • View Profile
      • Sandy Nathan's Official Web Site!
    « Reply #82 on: April 29, 2009, 01:29:09 pm »
    Hi. I've got both of my books on special for .99 cents for a limited time. Maybe until April 30, maybe a bit longer. (And I'm new to Kindle Boards and your formatting The preview looks a mess and I can't fix it. )

Numenon, A Tale of Mysticism & Money, is a 2009 Silver Nautilus Award Winner. The Nautilus Awards are dedicated to changing the world one book at a time. As a galley, Numenon won national awards in Religious Fiction & Visionary Fiction. Numenon is about the richest man in the world, a Silicon Vally billionaire,  meeting a great Native American shaman. "Don Juan meets Bll Gates," someone said.

Stepping Off the Edge: Learning & Living Spiritual Practice was turned into a Kindle within the last week. Stepping Off the Edge has won 6 national awards.  The Kindle edition of Stepping Off the Edge is absolutely gorgeous: The Native American themed interior and cover converted to the Kindle format better than I hoped. All of my pen and ink drawings are included and look beautiful. This is the book that proves spiritual studies do not have to be boring. Stepping Off the Edge is part memoir, part self help, part riding lesson (horses play a big part), and all amazing. This book was written during a period of my life that Im glad is over. Though it provided great material and a way of illustrating everything useful I learned earning two masters degrees and a lifetime of spiritual practice.

http://www.sandynathan.com/stepping-off-the-edge.htm
    --fixed the formatting of your links, Sandy.  Betsy
    « Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 06:31:51 pm by Betsy the Quilter »

Offline myeugene

• View Profile
    « Reply #83 on: April 29, 2009, 05:55:44 pm »
    Hello, everyone. Jane of Chelsea is available at $0.99, children, adventure, and historical fantasy.

Having wearily returned from Whitehall Palace, eight-year-old Jane wouldn't dream another journey to court let alone a strange world. She had never seen talking storks, never heard of Lily's Creek, and known nothing of Ambrosia before the clearing of the mist; inexplicably marooned with her cousin on a land where she'd never known before, Jane's desperate quest for returning home, however, went awry. Unknowingly drawn to her surroundings, Jane before long realizes that her quick and unflinching adaptation to that precipitously walled castle left her cousin to bitter dismay. Walking on the bridges, running up the corridors, and swimming in the lake, Jane neither minds the unusual names stigmatized on her nor a dawning secret of her own that she couldn't, wouldn't reveal to her estranged cousin. But when she lost a bottle of ancient mistletoe and a ring, which made Jane quickly unpopular among people who once seemed friendly and supportive, Jane realizes that life in Chelsea has made a wrong turn with unraveling plots revolving her. With gradual awareness of being surrounded by unseen enemies, knowing that her innocent mistakes spiral her down the roads of doom, Jane faces a moment of ultimate decision.

http://www.amazon.com/Jane-Chelsea-Lady-Amaranth-Shallot/dp/B0023W61D8/ref=ed_oe_k

Offline vlapinta

• View Profile
    « Reply #84 on: April 30, 2009, 05:17:04 am »
    Thank You Sandy I have purchased both of your wonderful books!

Vicki

Offline Seamonkey

• Fountain Valley, CA
      • View Profile
      • TV Clubhouse
    « Reply #85 on: April 30, 2009, 02:53:37 pm »
    Thanks, Sandy, picked up both of your books.

Turns out I bought Jane of Chelsea a week or so ago, but here's a pretty clickable link for you:

(Make your own reading bar)

SeaSnork on Words with Friends

Offline Edward C. Patterson

• Allentown, PA
    • Author of 38 Published Books
      • View Profile
      • Dancaster Creative - Authors Page
    « Reply #86 on: April 30, 2009, 03:22:15 pm »
    My autobiographical novel about my life in the Army in 1967, Surviving an American Gulag is now only $ .99 (NINETY-NINE CENTS)

Description:
    "Welcome to Ft. Gordon, Ga - the Special Training Unit. It's 1967, the height of the Vietnam War and Private Winslow Gibbs has been drafted. He's two-hundred and seventy pounds and a bundle of nerves. He also has issues of a different nature, but in these days before the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy, these are dealt with in the American Gulag, the Army's answer to the problem. What they don't count on are the ones like Private Gibbs, who want to survive it and serve.

Based on the author's own experiences, Surviving an American Gulag is a story that the military would prefer remain a footnote. However, it is a defining moment and should not be lost to posterity. Also included with this work is "A Dime a Dip," a tale of the author's grandmother and her considerable efforts on behalf of thousands of migrant worker children."

Here's what readers say about it:

What Readers say about
    Surviving an American Gulag
    "Well written, with descriptions that make you feel you are right there in Georgia. A universal journey of being forced to face your fears, no matter what they are or how they paralyze you and working through them to become the best person you can be."

"A Unique Perspective on Military Life"

"An education of human nature in its purist form."

"This story is a diamond . . . in the rough"

"Mr. Patterson has proven with this novel what a superb story teller he is."

"Gibb's struggle for identity and courage to go after his goals motivated me to go after what I want. American Gulag was an inspiration to become more than what I am."

"This is a story of what it means to be both human and a soldier. Courage, compassion, honor and the innate need to pursue happiness, regardless of where that path takes you. A thoroughly enjoyable read!"

"I ache to see this story up on the big screen. Some of the most endearing and inspiring characters, set against the backdrop of a rabidly homophobic bootcamp."

"This is a poignant novel about how the military treated it's gay recruits and how a rag tag group struggled to overcome substantial obstacles. I found myself cheering for Gibbs in the novel's closing chapters as his confidence and abilities grew along with his self discovery."
     ========================================
    For complete reviews and even a snippet of an online reading see the Amazon page.

Come into the Gulag . . .

Edward C. Patterson
    AUTHOR of 38 Published Books

KBoards.com

• Advertisement