Author Topic: Mivizu Kindle 2 Case  (Read 8764 times)  

Offline kindle zen

• View Profile
Mivizu Kindle 2 Case
« on: June 10, 2009, 12:08:43 am »

http://www.amazon.com/Design-Leasther-accessory-package-reading/dp/B002BS4FZU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1244608981&sr=8-2
Just got this mivizu black stone case to try out and compare to my "book" style Tuff-Luv Kindle case which i rejected for use.  i also have the flip over tuff-luv case which i like better than the book style.

The Mivizu case has thicker /firmer padding under the leather compared to the tuff-luv.  Both have the form fitting pocket to slide the kindle in from the top.  The Mivizu has a little more covered area than the tuff-luv.

Another similarity is the magnetic button closure which i didn't like on the tuff-luv case since it didn't secure tightly but the Mivizu magnetic buttons are larger and hold more securely and works well enough for me. (the magnet doesn't cause any problems with the kindle)

The Mivizu cover is stamp with the company logo and as far as i'm concerned is a good example of how not to do a leather stamping.  it just doesn't look professional to stamp leather with that much padding under it.  The leather needs to be stamped on a hard surface before adding the padding otherwise this is what happens.  it doesn't bother me that much but i would recommend they work on a better method.

The Mivizu case includes this book light which is a lot like the Mighty Bright light but with only one LED bulb.  It uses 3 AAA batteries like the mighty bright and works plenty well enough.

The Mivizu and book tuff-luv both leave the top of the kindle uncovered, however on the mivizu, the kindles top sits approx 1/8 inch below the top edge of the cover.   on the tuff-luv the kindle is flush with the cover top which i rejected for my use since it virtually gaurantees the kindle top will impact the ground if it were to land top first if dropped.  at least the flip-over tuff' luv case has the thin cover skin to cover the kindle when closed which is better than nothing.

a potential danger with the mivizu or tuff-luv case is the kindle may slide out the top of the case unexpectadly unless secured somehow.  to solve that problem i used a small strip of velcro stuck to the inside pocket which mates with the velcro on the back of my kindle (for my velcro oberon cover).  This works very well on both the mivizu and tuff-luv case and ensures the kindle won't slip out even if shaken up side down vigorously.

another thing i didn't like about the tuff-luv case is the kindles bottom corners are too close to the covers outer edge like on the top.  in that regard the mivizu is also better because the corners of the kindle remains further away from the edge.  Just to note the main reason i use a case for my kindle is to protect it from accidents such as dropping so regardless of how nice or how much a case may costs it's not worth it to me unless it's able to provide an adequate degree of protection.  so far the Mivizu case does the best of my cases in protecting the kindle when open or closed.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001S52UK4/ref=ox_ya_oh_product
also got this oversize neoprene case which is made large enough to hold the kindle 2 with a case.  it also fits my larger oberon case and just barely fits my m-edge platform case.  it's a basic case which keeps my kindle/w case clean and dry and adds some padding as well.

The Mivizu is more compact compared to my oberon and is lighter as well.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 10:02:21 pm by Harvey »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Ruby296

• View Profile
    Re: Mivizu Kindle 2 Case
    « Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 07:46:50 am »
    What a great review!  Thanks for sharing such detailed photos too.

Offline Jesslyn

• Los Angeles Area, CA
      • View Profile
      • My Kindle Stuff
    « Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 08:10:44 am »
    What a great review!  Thanks for sharing such detailed photos too.

Echo!

Kindleboards Member #195 and Proud Kindler since 2008
    Samsung Note 3
    Nexus 5
    Kindle Fire 8.9 (rooted)
    Nexus 7
    Kindle Keyboard
    Kindle Touch
    Apple iPad mini

Offline jazzi

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 08:14:30 am »
    Yep, great review Kindle Zen.  Thanks for sharing that.

Kindle DX
    Oberon Bold Celtic

Offline Addie

• Texas
    • Hook 'em! <3
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 10:06:25 pm »
    Thanks for the great, detailed review! This helps a lot!
    "No man ever steps into the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
    -Heraclitus

Offline stacydan

• East Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 09:50:03 am »
    Thanks for this detailed review and the great pics, this is one of the cases I am considering and your review is very helpful!

Stacy

Offline drenee

• West Virginia
    • Member 527
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 01:14:06 pm »
    Very nice pictures.  Great detail. 
    Thank you
    deb
    Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life.

WwF  DRA60
    Miss you, Dona, Jeff and Harvey.

Offline kindle zen

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 10:29:35 am »
    thanks for the comments everybody.  this is the only case i've been using since getting it and i find it the best of them all things considered.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement