Author Topic: Runner-up for Best New Fiction Novel by Ames Tribune (and only .99 cents)  (Read 2125 times)  

Offline seventhcross

• View Profile
Cross-Winds, a Seventh Cross Novel, Book I.   Excellent read for fantasy enthusiasts.  At only .99, you can't go wrong!  Cross-Winds was listed as runner-up for Best New Fiction Novel of 2008 by the Ames Tribune!

The Seventh Cross series has the best elements a fantasy can offer: magic, demons, dragons, witches, and warlocks. Combining all of these elements into one story makes for a very powerfully written novel. ~ReaderViews.

The world of Stowe's Seventh Cross series is made for adult fantasy enthusiasts who are yearning for a new approach to the genre, a more sophisticated one that embraces the spiritual side of magic and mysticism.  It has the best elements a fantasy can offer: magic, demons, dragons, witches, and warlocks. Combining all of these elements into one story makes for a very powerfully written novel.  Every character is well-drawn and fascinating. ~Ames Tribune.

Stowe's Seventh Cross series includes provocative narrative. While fending for himself in an imaginary country, Kaleb discovers his inner strength and recognizes his potential to stand up to the darkness that is blotting out the light. ~Waverly Democrat.

A wondrous world of wizards and witches...a mystical place about a war of magic, and a prophecy fulfilled! ~North Scott Press

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Steph H

• North Texas
    • K1, K2, KDX, K3, KFire, K4, KPW1, KFireHD, KV, KO
      • View Profile
    I bought this about 10 days ago after I read about it somewhere else (not KB as I don't see it before today on any threads in a quick search) but I'm afraid I haven't read it yet.  It's there waiting for me, though! :)

Here's a text link (no image yet on the Kindle version):

Cross-Winds, A Seventh Cross Novel (The Seventh Cross)

Welcome to Kindleboards! :)
    Currently active Kindles:                                                  Swag Bucks - Earn Amazon GCs for free!
    KFireHD - Draco                                                              I'm in the fight! - Support Liver Disease Awareness
    KV - TARDIS
    KO - Merlin

Offline seventhcross

• View Profile
    Not sure why there is no image on the kindle cover yet.  For a view of the cover and also a peek at the trailer, go to:

http://www.amazon.com/Cross-Winds-Seventh-Brian-L-Stowe/dp/1606105949/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1239935375&sr=8-1

Offline seventhcross

• View Profile
    The cover art is now available on the referenced page.  Amazon fixed the problem. 

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Moderators-10003
    • Alexandria, VA
    • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey.
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    Here's the link with picture:

Betsy
    Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
    Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX    KB Member #72
    Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline seventhcross

• View Profile
    Book II to this series, Wounds and Scars, will be available on Kindle in the near future.

Offline seventhcross

• View Profile
    Steph, I look forward to your review.  :)

Offline seventhcross

• View Profile
    Here is a link to the trailer too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mSJlxc6IG4

Offline Angela

• Texas
    • aka: tx_angel, A Wayt, Babe, Mom, Grandma, Hey YOU
      • View Profile
    sounds interesting... I went ahead and got it, thanks!

Offline seventhcross

• View Profile
    Angela, I hope you enjoy it, and I always welcome feedback whether it be positive or constructive criticism.  Thanks again.

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    Sounds like a multi-generational saga of lust and power (my favorite kind) set in a fantasy world.  My book budget can't stand anything over 99 cents right now, so I sampled. 

Since I'm actually starting to catch up on my reading, I'm sure I'll get to the sample in the next day or two. 

Offline seventhcross

• View Profile
    Gertie, I hope you enjoy it!  :) 
    « Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 03:47:53 pm by seventhcross »

Offline seventhcross

• View Profile
    Gertie, I too find multi-generational sagas fascinating.  Do you recommend any others?

Offline seventhcross

• View Profile
    Can anyone tell me what to look for when buying a used Kindle?  Is there an easy way to "test" it?

KBoards.com

• Advertisement