Author Topic: Pound-A-Week Club  (Read 106010 times)  

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
  • DH and me
    • View Profile
    • Origami Turtle's photostream
Re: Pound-A-Week Club
« Reply #1625 on: February 27, 2020, 05:25:55 am »
Welcome Annalise!

I am glad you are joining us on our journey to better health through small lifestyle changes.

I was away from home and a scale this past weekend as I was attending Matsuri (Japanese Festival) in Phoenix. I had fun teaching origami in the Arizona Origami Society booth, walking around the festival, eating at the festival (yummy mochi and onigiri), as well as eating and folding with origami friends. Did I mention eating? I weighed myself yesterday and the scale showed that I am a couple pounds heavier than when I left but my heart and spirit is several pounds lighter from enjoying time with friends, old and new. While I frequently break the informal rule about not posting while traveling or on vacation, I will wait until next week to return to normal posting. ;)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • DH and me
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1626 on: March 03, 2020, 07:16:01 am »
    For the week ending 2 March 2020: NO by the scale, NO by the trend line, YES for weighing less than DH.

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
    • Erm .....
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1627 on: March 03, 2020, 10:33:27 am »
    Still pretty much treading water at the moment - neither losing nor gaining more than a pound or so either way.

It could be worse, but it's frustrating. I can do better, but seem to have lost my inspiration for the moment. *sigh*

P.S. I'd say my new avatar was a self portrait - but it's been a long while since I could kick my leg that high!
    Linda

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • DH and me
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1628 on: March 04, 2020, 08:06:15 am »
    Linjeakel, for me those periods of time with little change in either direction seem to be where my body seems to be consolidating and setting a new normal high point before starting a new downward trend. That way I see those regular plateaus as more positive than negative. I am currently on one of those as well.

P.S. i have never been able to kick or hold my leg that high. I was able to sit in full Lotus however. I can't do that any longer either.
    « Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 08:10:06 am by Annalog »

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • DH and me
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1629 on: March 16, 2020, 09:13:31 am »
    For the week ending 16 March 2020: NO by the scale, NO by the trend line, YES for weighing less than DH.

Take care of yourself and others in this stressful time by doing what you can to stay healthy and flatten the infection curve. I am not currently worrying about flattening my personal curves but am working to stay fit.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• Lighthouse Ranch, Nevada
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1630 on: March 16, 2020, 09:44:26 am »
    Weigh in for week ending 3/15/20: YES
    'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • DH and me
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1631 on: March 20, 2020, 12:46:23 pm »
    This morning I weighed 1.1 pounds less than yesterday morning.  I donated a pint of blood to the Red Cross. The old saying "a pint is a pound the world around" might apply. I'll see if that weight loss is still in effect on Monday. ;D

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
    • Erm .....
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1632 on: March 21, 2020, 09:39:21 am »
    W/E Mar 21st - Yes. :)
    Linda

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • DH and me
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1633 on: March 21, 2020, 11:10:51 am »
    W/E Mar 21st - Yes. :)

Wonderful!

As expected, I once again weigh exactly what I did before donating blood. ;)

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #1634 on: March 21, 2020, 10:57:28 pm »

The Good:    Weigh in for week ending 3/21/20: YES

The Bad:     "Social Distancing" has me separated from my Milk & Cookies.....sigh
    'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1635 on: March 23, 2020, 01:07:47 am »
    I slowly lost 5-6 pounds between Jan. 15 - March 1. This week I put it all back on, being home mostly.  I am taking walks but it's not enough. Health club (swimming) closed one week ago.

Hope everyone is well.
    New York, NY
    Flutist, retired legal word processing operator
    Readers:  Oasis 2, Kindle Fire 8 HD Plus, Paperwhite 2 (2013) (gave away), Fire HDX 8.9" (won't hold a charge now), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • DH and me
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1636 on: March 23, 2020, 10:04:22 am »
    Mlewis, I have done the same but still weigh less than this time last year. I look at that as progress. Also, the more we all shelter at home, the sooner this will be over.

For the week ending 23 March 2020: NO by the scale, NO by the trend line, YES for weighing less than DH. Weighing less than DH will be easy as long the stores are well stocked with Cadbury Mini Eggs. After the Easter supply is over it will be more difficult. ;D

Take care of yourself and others in this stressful time by doing what you can to stay healthy and flatten the infection curve. I am not currently worrying about flattening my personal curves but am working to stay fit.

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1637 on: March 27, 2020, 02:08:18 am »
    Thank you. I took a substantial walk in Riverside Park Thursday. I think I kept a good distance but there are a lot of runners and bikers. I'll use the indoor bike today.

Everyone stay well, please.
    New York, NY
    Readers:  Oasis 2, Kindle Fire 8 HD Plus, Paperwhite 2 (2013) (gave away), Fire HDX 8.9" (won't hold a charge now), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #1638 on: March 30, 2020, 08:38:00 am »
    Weigh-in for week ending 3/30/20: YES
    'da NapCat

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • DH and me
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1639 on: March 30, 2020, 12:18:44 pm »
    For the week ending 30 March 2020: NO by the scale, NO by the trend line, YES for weighing less than DH.

My weight hasn't changed by even a tenth of a pound the last four times I stepped on the scale this week. Considering that I have spent most of the week sitting at a sewing machine, I am counting that as very positive. :D

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #1640 on: April 05, 2020, 09:19:33 am »

Weigh-in for week ending 4/5/20: NO

....grocery store restocked thier bakery...drat
    'da NapCat

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
    • Erm .....
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1641 on: April 06, 2020, 06:55:05 am »
    The twin hazards of the lockdown - comfort eating and lack of exercise - do not a happy partnership make. *sigh*
    Linda

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • DH and me
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1642 on: April 06, 2020, 09:21:54 am »
    For the week ending 6 April 2020: NO by the scale, NO by the trend line, YES for weighing less than DH.

The comfort eating hazards have affected DH the most even though he has been much more physically active than I have. I attribute this to the fact than I cannot eat salty, oily, or sticky snacks while sewing masks to donate to the local hospitals and others in essential jobs. So my primary comfort foods are apple slices, carrots, and GF tortillas with cream cheese. OK, that last one is a bit hazardous but I am trying to stretch out both the cream cheese and the tortillas due to intermittent shortages of cream cheese and GF tortillas. I cannot get my favorite GF tortillas as those were purchased at a farmers market that is now closed. I have yet to find a recipe for them that works for me. At least one brand at a local store is ok and doesn't give me intestinal issues if I don't eat more than one a day. ;)

Also, I never got around to baking my birthday GF butterscotch brownies. Not enough time to make it high enough on the essential activities list! Probably a good thing as that would probably add 6 pounds.  :o

Stay safe and healthy!
    « Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 09:26:15 am by Annalog »

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1643 on: April 08, 2020, 02:48:02 am »
    I am afraid to get on the scale. I am already noticing that I've lost some muscle tone and strength while not swimming and walking less, even though I do get out to walk some days. Those days completely at home are hard on the body but good for not catching the virus.
    New York, NY

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #1644 on: April 19, 2020, 08:39:21 am »

Weigh-in for week ending 4/19/20: YES
    'da NapCat

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
    • Erm .....
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1645 on: April 19, 2020, 10:38:51 am »
    I am continuing to overeat and under-exercise so this week is a very definite NO.  >:( :-[

And I was doing so well before the lockdown.  :'(
    Linda

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • DH and me
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1646 on: April 22, 2020, 08:34:33 am »
    For the weeks ending 22 April 2020: NO by the scale, NO by the trend line, YES for weighing less than DH.

If PAW stood for gaining instead of losing, I would be on course the past couple weeks! ;D

I figure that if we are staying well, that is good enough for now!
    « Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 10:04:21 am by Annalog »

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #1647 on: May 04, 2020, 08:56:50 am »
    Weigh-in for week ending 5/3/20: YES
    'da NapCat

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • DH and me
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1648 on: May 04, 2020, 10:10:22 am »
    May the Fourth be with you!

Congratulations, NapCat!

For the week ending 4 May 2020: NO by the scale, NO by the trend line, YES for weighing less than DH.

I am spending too much time sitting at the sewing machine and consuming calories. However we are both still well as far as we can tell.

Stay healthy!

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • DH and me
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1649 on: May 12, 2020, 09:19:08 am »
    For the week ending 12 April 2020: NO by the scale, NO by the trend line, YES for weighing less than DH (but not by much).

I have gained bach all the weight that I lost this year and now weigh what I did in early December. However, my weight is still staying within a 9 pound window over the last six months. Considering that the past 12 months covered an 18 pound range and this past six months is the lower half of that, I am happy. My eating is balanced and I know that I am not getting enough exercise to cover the extra desserts. However, eating ice cream in the evening with DH is definitely worth it. So is being able to donate masks to the Navajo and Tohono O'odham Nations. So, sewing and sharing more time with DH is staying on my schedule. But I will try to get more exercise as well. :D

KBoards.com

• Advertisement