Author Topic: Pound-A-Week Club  (Read 99226 times)  

Offline NapCat (retired)

• Lighthouse Ranch, Nevada
    • View Profile
Re: Pound-A-Week Club
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2011, 12:42:39 pm »
Please keep up your enthusiasm. But as we know diet and exercise have failed to lower weight. All kind of diets, exercise programs and other solutions have not worked even though it has become a billion dollar industry. If it did, we will not have all these grim statistics and over-weight people walking around.

I will not be able to discuss further or give any advice because it is against the KB rules.

Wish you all the very best.

Thank you for your encouragement and support Doc....and we understand the KB guidelines......that said, if any of us choose to seek your advice. That can be easily done.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B003T9UX9M/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=133140011&s=digital-text
'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #76 on: June 03, 2011, 12:45:48 pm »
    It went pretty well.  I only got to about 9.000 because I had to stop and make a card for a coworkers birthday today.  I just walk/jog in place in my bedroom.  I don't really like walking around our neighborhood by myself, especially at night. I have a Fitbit.  It's a great step-counter (very accurate), but it's so much more.  It tracks calories burned, recent activity level (the flower on the display grows between 1 and 11 leaves depending on how active you have been in the past 3 hours), miles walked.  When you sleep, it tells you how long it takes you to fall asleep and how many times you wake up during the day.  It syncs wirelessly with your computer when you're within 15 feet...I just LOVE my fitbit.  Plus, unlike the BodyBugg or GoWhereFit, it's small and the software is free. (You can get a premium service, but that's still only $50 a year.)  Ok, sorry, I'll stop now.  I REALLY love my Fitbit.  I love it as much as we all love our Kindles.  :D

That is an impressive device which I will research more....Thanks for the tip !
    'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #77 on: June 03, 2011, 12:50:09 pm »
    "... Yep.  That was my plan..."   
    Yup you are in the right place ! giggle.....

if we hold hands, we can not reach for that candy, cheesecake, jambalaya, etc  Right?
    'da NapCat

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #78 on: June 03, 2011, 12:51:52 pm »
    I'd like to join in also please!  My first goal is to drink more water.  I seem to get busy around the house and forget the water or a healthy snack and then here comes the afternoon and I seem to graze until suppertime and then eat too much.  I'm also an emotional eater - oh who am I kidding - I'm a continuous eater!  Whether I'm happy, sad, mad, sick or whatever I use it as an excuse to eat!  I'm going to try and make my second goal to come to the computer and post to y'all before I pig out!  LOL!

Thanks for starting this NapCat and thanks to everyone else for being here!

Kathy in NC

Glad you are here !....the water goal is a great baby step.....betcha lose that one pound this week, just doing that.
    'da NapCat

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #79 on: June 03, 2011, 12:53:45 pm »
    "...and what are cookies with no milk..."

Tell Me !!
    'da NapCat

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #80 on: June 03, 2011, 01:06:46 pm »
    I know how you feel...I've always "rewarded" myself with food for being good and ended up worse off than before.  That's no reward.  My new reward for being good: crafting supplies.  Maybe a stamp, or a die that I've really been wanting, or a handfull of Copic markers.  Let's see if I can hold on to that resolve.  :-\

Be strong, you can do it! 

Ah Yes, the "Reward System " Ha ! I like your solution !  Thanks for Sharing
    'da NapCat

Offline spotsmom

• Sunriver, Oregon
      • View Profile
    « Reply #81 on: June 03, 2011, 01:50:12 pm »
    My periodic reward for quitting smoking was peppermint ice cream cones.  Don't think that will work in this case. ;D

Offline lpking

• The Wet Coast
      • View Profile
      • Azarimba
    « Reply #82 on: June 03, 2011, 01:58:07 pm »
    One of the toughest things about dieting is the feeling you have to do everything at once, totally alter what you eat. If your diet is full of fatty, salty, over-processed foods, that's probably not a bad idea.  :-[ However, it's hard! Do any of you have strategies for changing diet gradually that have worked for you in the past?
    I base my fashion taste on what doesn't itch. (Gilda Radner)
    www.azarimba.blogspot.com

Offline *DrDLN* (dr.s.dhillon)

• Mtn House, CA
    • Self-help and Spiritual Living
      • View Profile
      • "HEALTH and LOVE is your birth-right" Series
    « Reply #83 on: June 03, 2011, 05:51:28 pm »
    I can personally attest that a good diet and exercise do lower weight.  (And I can also personally attest that a bad diet and no exercise causes weight gain.)
    A good diet and exercise works.  The hard part, and why they fail, is because it's hard to stick to doing it.
    You're right on both swolf. But my reference was  to your 2nd point and the hurdle to overcome. No one can dispute healthy life style including food and exercise that had worked, is working and will work. And you're absolutely right on that. I can personally attest to that. Thanks.

Offline *DrDLN* (dr.s.dhillon)

• Mtn House, CA
    • Self-help and Spiritual Living
      • View Profile
      • "HEALTH and LOVE is your birth-right" Series
    « Reply #84 on: June 03, 2011, 05:53:42 pm »
    Thank you for your encouragement and support Doc....and we understand the KB guidelines......that said, if any of us choose to seek your advice. That can be easily done.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B003T9UX9M/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=133140011&s=digital-text
    Thanks NapCat. I do appreciate your comments and information. I was advised and warned earlier. All the best.

Offline ellesu

• View Profile
    « Reply #85 on: June 04, 2011, 05:45:46 am »
    I did fine yesterday but the weekend with all its temptations is upon us! Wishing everyone a weekend filled with sensible healthy choices.   :)

Offline David M. Baum

• The Netherlands
    • Don't call me a peck!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #86 on: June 04, 2011, 06:54:43 am »
    I did fine yesterday but the weekend with all its temptations is upon us! Wishing everyone a weekend filled with sensible healthy choices.   :)
    Yes, weekends are hard.  :(
    Thanks, and good luck to you as well.
    Aspiring writer.
    Very good at aspiring, not so much at writing.

Offline spotsmom

• Sunriver, Oregon
      • View Profile
    « Reply #87 on: June 04, 2011, 09:09:21 am »
    Keep busy!  Lowers temptations for grazing...

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #88 on: June 04, 2011, 10:06:08 am »
    One of the toughest things about dieting is the feeling you have to do everything at once, totally alter what you eat. If your diet is full of fatty, salty, over-processed foods, that's probably not a bad idea.  :-[ However, it's hard! Do any of you have strategies for changing diet gradually that have worked for you in the past?

Yes....which is why I am setting a goal of only one pound a week.......any small change should show a result.  For me right now i am concentrating on eating on a schedule......breakfast is hard for me, so working on that.
    'da NapCat

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #89 on: June 04, 2011, 10:08:06 am »

Thanks from all of us !!
    'da NapCat

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #90 on: June 04, 2011, 12:01:07 pm »
    NapCat, I can't find the thread right now, but there is a Fitbit thread somewhere around here.  There are several of us who got them in the past year or so when they came out.
    I'm going to join in because I am really tired of being overweight and I need a support group since I really don't like to exercise.  And for me, if there is no exercise, there is no weight loss.
    Way to go Everyone!

Offline Holly

• View Profile
    « Reply #91 on: June 04, 2011, 02:05:04 pm »
    Can I join too?  I would be happy to lose fifty.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #92 on: June 04, 2011, 05:27:42 pm »
    NapCat, I can't find the thread right now, but there is a Fitbit thread somewhere around here.  There are several of us who got them in the past year or so when they came out.
    I'm going to join in because I am really tired of being overweight and I need a support group since I really don't like to exercise.  And for me, if there is no exercise, there is no weight loss.
    Way to go Everyone!

Wonderful !!  Glad you "jogged in" to join us !!
    'da NapCat

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #93 on: June 04, 2011, 05:29:45 pm »
    Can I join too?  I would be happy to lose fifty.

Glad you are here and of course you're in.....but don't look at 50 pounds (much too scary for me !).....just one a week !!
    'da NapCat

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • Goodbye, Mr. Milquetoast
      • View Profile
      • Origami Turtle's photostream
    « Reply #94 on: June 04, 2011, 09:22:32 pm »
    I stayed at my mom's house last night so that I could get up early to walk in the park with her. We did two trips around the park and lake for 5 K (3+ miles). I need to get back into shape for the Run with the Roosters (a 5 mile walk/run on 11 July that starts at 5 AM). With that, chores at my mom's house, working outside on tasks at my house, my pedometer now reads 13333. ;D

If I ate my mom's cooking all the time I would be happy and thin! Last night was spaghetti squash combined with quinoa spaghetti noodles, sauteed onions, and a little shredded cheese with vegetables (cauliflower, carrots, green beans) on the side and crustless sweet potato pie for dessert. Yummy! This morning was scrambled eggs, gluten-free waffles (from her own recipe which included brown rice flour and garbanzo bean flour), and half a fresh mango. She sent half a pie home so that DH and I could share it. It is probably one of the healthiest custards that I could eat as it is also her own recipe with no refined sugar. I need to get her recipe for sweet potato custard and she needs to make the waffles again so that she can figure out what she did to make them turn out so yummy. They can be eaten fresh without syrup or butter and only need a little after being frozen and warmed up in the toaster.

Offline spotsmom

• Sunriver, Oregon
      • View Profile
    « Reply #95 on: June 04, 2011, 10:07:29 pm »
    I did ok at the fundraiser tonight.  Until they served me tiramisu...  Sigh.

Offline Val2

• Spain
      • View Profile
    « Reply #96 on: June 05, 2011, 03:26:36 am »
    A pound a week is a wonderful goal to go for! I am rooting for you all the way!

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #97 on: June 05, 2011, 10:53:39 am »
    I stayed at my mom's house last night so that I could get up early to walk in the park with her. We did two trips around the park and lake for 5 K (3+ miles). I need to get back into shape for the Run with the Roosters (a 5 mile walk/run on 11 July that starts at 5 AM). With that, chores at my mom's house, working outside on tasks at my house, my pedometer now reads 13333. ;D

If I ate my mom's cooking all the time I would be happy and thin! Last night was spaghetti squash combined with quinoa spaghetti noodles, sauteed onions, and a little shredded cheese with vegetables (cauliflower, carrots, green beans) on the side and crustless sweet potato pie for dessert. Yummy! This morning was scrambled eggs, gluten-free waffles (from her own recipe which included brown rice flour and garbanzo bean flour), and half a fresh mango. She sent half a pie home so that DH and I could share it. It is probably one of the healthiest custards that I could eat as it is also her own recipe with no refined sugar. I need to get her recipe for sweet potato custard and she needs to make the waffles again so that she can figure out what she did to make them turn out so yummy. They can be eaten fresh without syrup or butter and only need a little after being frozen and warmed up in the toaster.

We  (of the PAW Club) would officially like to adopt your Mom !!!  Wow !  What a great example you are setting for all of us, Anna.  THANKS
    'da NapCat

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #98 on: June 05, 2011, 11:02:53 am »
    I did ok at the fundraiser tonight.  Until they served me tiramisu...  Sigh.

There is no known defense in the Universe against Tiramisu, so it was not your fault.....

'da NapCat

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #99 on: June 05, 2011, 11:03:39 am »
    A pound a week is a wonderful goal to go for! I am rooting for you all the way!

Thanks for the support, Val
    'da NapCat

KBoards.com

• Advertisement