Author Topic: Little Buttons Covers  (Read 2044 times)  

Offline Candace

• View Profile
Little Buttons Covers
« on: April 23, 2009, 06:11:39 am »
To let those of you who may be interested in the Little Buttons covers on Etsy know: there are now 16 (as of last night) covers available... well, 15, since I ordered the cutest ever cowgirl cover! These one-of-a-kind covers were mentioned earlier on KB but I haven't seen any follow up. At the time of that mention, I think there were only 4 available. As soon as I receive mine, I will post a review, but check them out in the meantime. I was torn between the one I chose and a really cool murder mystery one with a hot chick daring anyone to "ever love" her! HA! I can identify! Several are vintage pulp book covers, some are old-time comic book covers, others are just cool, unique designs that you're gonna love. They are hand-made by a mother of three who works at home, and you can sorta tell that she's got a terrific eye for design. The actual mechanism is very simple. The Kindle is held by four elastic bands, and the cover opens like a book. From what I could tell, the cover itself is a laminated paper board, possibly of an actual book cover, with no closure device. Not cheap at $42, but you'll have a unique cover for sure. I'll post more details when I receive mine, but in the meantime, go to etsy.com and see for yourself.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline dollcrazy

• View Profile
    Re: Little Buttons Covers
    « Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 09:20:56 am »
    She has some cute and unique items.
    Here is the link for anyone who like to check them out.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5163284&&ga_search_query=kindle+cover&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=2&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Offline sem

• Very Southern CA
    • I read therefore I kindle!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 12:51:00 pm »
    I looked at the covers and liked some of them but I have a KK and didn't see any for him. Price is a bit steep but I might be persuaded.
    SEM

Offline Candace

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 02:30:27 pm »
    In an email from the maker, she said that one person had ordered a cover for her Kindle 1 with the understanding that if it didn't fit, she would refund her money promptly and then they would know if the covers would work for a KK. Unfortunately, it didn't work. So I just wanted to let you know. I'm sorry... Luckily, there are so many other really nice covers out there.

Offline Candace

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 03:59:37 pm »
    Just received my Kindle 2 Cowgirl cover, and it's cute as can be! It's going to make my Kindle reading even more fun! The decoupage cowgirl book cover is outlined by a red rick-rack paper "frame" and that is backed by very cool snake-skin leather-like soft fabric (not sure what it is, but it's very nice) which continues to the inside. On top of the snake-skin material, on both sides on the inside are flat sturdy boards covered in leopard fabric, the right one of which has four elastic holders for the Kindle. They fit snugly and are positioned so that they don't interfere with any buttons or ports. There's no closure device, but this is probably not a cover that you're going to drag around outdoors or even in a backpack. I'll be keeping mine at home for good-time, fun reading! The cover is really cool retro fun and just the thing when you need a change of pace from your heavy-duty, protect-the-screen, save-the-world cover (although I think this cover will do a fine job of protecting the screen: those leopard boards  are solid). It's just that the handmade quality of the cover itself is really not something you'd want to subject to rough treatment. As for the fit, mine fits fine, and the cover folds back easily and on the first try. The front cover doesn't lie completely flat when closed right at the moment but I'm confident that it will. I plan to put a heavy book on it tonight. All in all, I'm very pleased with the craftsmanship, the cleverness, and the uniqueness of this one-of-a-kind cover for my Baby Kindle! I wouldn't recommend it as your only cover, but for a too-cool-for-school switcheroo, it's the bomb, baby! Check it out on etsy.com by searching Kindle 2 covers.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement