Author Topic: Lendle.me: New Kindle book lending site  (Read 5341 times)  

Offline jcroft

• View Profile
Lendle.me: New Kindle book lending site
« on: February 14, 2011, 01:40:41 pm »
Hey guys-

This looks like a terrific forum for Kindle readers, and I thought you all might like to know about a site that has just launched. It's called Lendle (http://lendle.me), and is a Kindle book lending and borrowing site. Now, you guys, being the Kindle experts that you are, have probably seen some of these sites before. Ours is similar to the others, but we think it's better in a few keys ways:

1. At Lendle, we are 100% transparent about what books our users have and don't have, and which books are lendable and which aren't. Other sites don't tell you how many members own the book you're requesting to borrow, so you have no indication if you're likely to actually receive that book anytime soon or not. And some sites don't even let you know which books have been deemed "not lendable" by their publisher, so you may request a book that it's impossible to get! On Lendle, you'll know what you're getting into before you request a book. So far, the biggest complaint about Lendle is that people are getting the the books they request TOO fast -- which is not such a bad problem to have. :)

2. Lendle does everything humanly (and roboticly!) possible to protect your anonymity. No one has to know what books you own, no one has to know you're the one who lent a particular book, and no one has to know which books you want to borrow. And while borrowing a Kindle book requires your e-mail address be shared with the person lending you the book, we do it in the safest, securest way possible.

3. Book-sharing sites like Lendle can't work unless people are willing to lend, not just borrow. Lendle rewards you for being willing to lend books, and ensures that "mooches" don't deplete the available supply of books.

Lendle has only been open to the public for two days, but we've already got over 650 books available to borrow right now, and we're growing very fast. We'd love to have you KindleBoard folks check us out.

I sincerely hope this message comes across as it's intended, and not as spammy or douchey. We think we've got a good service that you can all benefit from. And we KNOW we've got a service that would benefit from having you guys involved.

If it sounds interesting, check it out. If not, sorry to have bothered you.

Thanks, all!

Jeff Croft
http://lendle.me

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline jbruner123

• View Profile
    Re: Lendle.me: New Kindle book lending site
    « Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 12:08:34 pm »
    Cool! Just signed up. Will you be adding a forum section?

Offline moluvsdisneymagic

• SE VA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 07:11:50 pm »
    I signed up.  Looks like some good books available.  Hope the site does well.

Offline jbruner123

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 06:59:04 am »
    Well. That didn't last long.   :-[

Offline pnwtoc

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 06:56:55 am »
    Already up to almost 6,000 books.  Here's hoping amazon doesn't kill it. They probably will though.

Offline Steph H

• North Texas
    • K1, K2, KDX, K3, KFire, K4, KPW1, KFireHD, KV, KO
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 06:01:31 am »
    Interesting, as recently as yesterday they had a message on the home page that they *had* been shut down by Amazon (thus, jbruner's post from 3/22). Must've gotten the issue worked out at least for now.
    Currently active Kindles:                                                  Swag Bucks - Earn Amazon GCs for free!
    KFireHD - Draco                                                              I'm in the fight! - Support Liver Disease Awareness
    KV - TARDIS
    KO - Merlin

Offline caseyf6

• View Profile
      • Passages-- On the Brink and Diving In
    « Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 06:53:09 am »
    I had so many TBR books on my Kindle that I didn't really look at the site much, but it looks amazing-- I hope they are able to come to some agreement.

Offline kmmkiwi

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 09:32:24 am »
    I'm happy to see this site is back. Just made 3 loans using Lendle to other kindle users this morning! Such a great service.

Offline jbruner123

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 09:49:41 am »
    I'm glad it's back up. I guess the problem they ran into was the easy way you could input (sync) your books from the Amazon website. You have to manually input them now. Luckily I had already synced them up so I should only have to add a book at a time as I buy one.

I was reading voraciously up until a couple of weeks ago so I don't know when I will borrow one to read. I keep getting tons of requests for Mockinjay, but I'm only about 1/3 of the way through with it. I'm finding it hard to trudge through it - the first 2 books were so much better.

Offline Bryan R. Dennis

• Las Vegas, NV
      • View Profile
      • Indie Snippets
    « Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 09:05:35 am »
    Looks like a great site. I wonder if I can put my book on there for free to let people start lending it. I'll look into it...

Also visit my book blog at Indie Snippets

Offline rittsi

• Antwerp, Belgium
      • View Profile
      • My goodreads profile
    « Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 11:38:05 am »
    Signed up yesterday, made my first request and someone already lent the book to me today. :D That was a lot faster than I expected!

Offline robertk328

• Northern Virginia
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 05:57:59 pm »
    Nice site and well organized. Need to have more books myself to contribute :-)
    robert
    goodreads

KBoards.com

• Advertisement