Author Topic: Snippet from Little White Lies  (Read 1083 times)  

Offline Aimee Laine

• That's me for real!
    • View Profile
    • Aimee Laine
Snippet from Little White Lies
« on: July 11, 2011, 05:30:10 pm »
Little White Lies Book 1 in the Mimics of Rune series by Me! :)

... a breath of fresh air to my paranormal experience. Once Upon a Chapter

When the government needs a body double for a covert operation, they hire shape-shifter Charley Randall. For two centuries, she's played every part from foreign dignitary to office drone. The role she wants most, though, is one she's denied herself three times already.

FBI Agent Wyatt Moreland believes Charley's photographic memory is the key to his latest assignment. He's oblivious to the true extent of her abilities, but he can't deny the sense of dj vu at their introduction.

Unlike Wyatt, Charley knows this isn't their first meeting.

It's their fourth.

The girl he vowed to love, sixteen years before, stands in front of him in her true form one he'll never recognize.

With each reconnection, Charley loves him more though she realizes this is her last chance to explain. Only absolute truth can bring them happiness, but can Wyatt forgive her deceptions? Or will lies tear them apart forever?

It's immediately intriguing and captivating and held me from the first page. The Bawdy Book Blog

Action, excitement, a paranormal twist ... and years of romance. This must-read sates from start to finish. J.A. Belfield, author Darkness & Light

Amazon USA
Amazon UK
Amazon.de

Thank you for reading/looking/viewing/perusing/liking/loving ... all of the above!
Aimee

[merged with existing Book Bazaar thread...    --Betsy]
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 08:16:24 am by Aimee Laine »
Aimee Laine

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Aimee Laine

• That's me for real!
      • View Profile
      • Aimee Laine
    Just how many LITTLE WHITE LIES has Charley Randall told?
    « Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 06:58:26 am »

As a math major, I should be able to do that simple calculation, but my guess is that once I hit 'Post' it'll be some other number... because WOW(!) these boards move fast!

So ... um ... my name is Aimee Laine, and I'm a Christian, wife, mom of 3, full-time workerbee, part-time photographer and part-time author (well 100% author since my first book Little White Lies, just released July 1, 2011).  I guess I'm 100% all the other things, too. Who knew?

This is my official bio which my Mother loves to laugh at because it's soooo true.
    Aimee is a romantic at heart and a southern transplant with a bit of the accent (but not a whole bunch). She's married to her high school sweetheart, and with him, she's produced three native North Carolinians, two of whom share the same DNA. With an MBA and a degree in Applied Mathematics, theres absolutely no reason she should be writing romance novels. Then again, she shouldn't need a calculator to add two numbers, either ... but she does.

I've just joined and spent some time over in the big 'Introductions' forum, getting the lay of the land and such. So much to learn and so much to do!

Anyhoo ... I look forward to hanging out 'round here!

Aimee
    « Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 09:38:18 am by Aimee Laine »
    Aimee Laine

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Alexandria, VA
    • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey.
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    Re: Woohoo! I am poster #320616+1 :)
    « Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 04:04:10 pm »
    Aimee-

Welcome to KindleBoards and congratulations on your book!  

KindleBoards is a Kindle fan and reader forum.  As you browse KindleBoards, keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed in the Book Bazaar. (You've posted your book thread in the right place; this is just our standard reminder. :))

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information.  You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days.  Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then. You may modify the latest post to reflect new information.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link.  Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows.  This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles!  Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post.  For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
    Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum: https://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,36.0.html.  Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing:  be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . .there are details there about how you can be listed so that our readers can find you.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards!  Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
    Book Bazaar Moderators
    Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
    Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX    KB Member #72
    Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline Aimee Laine

• That's me for real!
      • View Profile
      • Aimee Laine
    Re: Just how many LITTLE WHITE LIES has Charley Randall told?
    « Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 09:53:24 am »
    @Betsy the Quilter Thank you very much for all the great information. :) I feel so blessed to be here at all, so I'll follow those rules to the best of my ability! :)
    Aimee Laine

Offline Aimee Laine

• That's me for real!
      • View Profile
      • Aimee Laine
    « Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 07:19:51 am »
    Thought I'd add in a few links to current interviews including one with the main MALE character. ;) That one was a fun one (though I only participated as the conduit of words from character's mouth to screen). ;)

There's all sorts of goodies in there ... more than just about me!

De's Stories: Interview With Aimee Laine: Author of Little White Lies

{Author Interview} Aimee Laine talks shape-shifters

Author InterviewAimee Laine (Little White Lies) at The Word Busker

Who Art Thou Thursday: Aimee Laine with Reena Jacobs

AN INTERVIEW WITH ... WYATT MORELAND

If nothing else, I hope these little interviews give you ideas for marketing of your own books! :)
    Enjoy!
    Aimee
    Aimee Laine

Offline Aimee Laine

• That's me for real!
      • View Profile
      • Aimee Laine
    Aimee Laine

Offline Aimee Laine

• That's me for real!
      • View Profile
      • Aimee Laine
    « Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 07:37:56 am »
    ebook Giveaway at the Bawdy Book Blog!

Guest Post + GIVEAWAY by Aimee Laine
    Aimee Laine

Offline Aimee Laine

• That's me for real!
      • View Profile
      • Aimee Laine
    Re: Guest Post + GIVEAWAY by Aimee Laine for Little Whites Lies 8/8 - 8/10
    « Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 08:54:06 am »
    Tomorrow, August 16th, there will be an interview with my main character, Charley Randall, here:

The Scribbles of Joce Adams

Hope you enjoy!
    Aimee
    Aimee Laine

Offline Aimee Laine

• That's me for real!
      • View Profile
      • Aimee Laine
    Re: Guest Post + GIVEAWAY by Aimee Laine for Little Whites Lies 8/8 - 8/10
    « Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 09:58:04 am »
    Interviewed by Kim Jewell today (from right here on the Kindle boards)!

Behind The Scenes With: Photographer and Debut Author Aimee Laine

Thanks, Kim!
    Aimee
    Aimee Laine

Offline Aimee Laine

• That's me for real!
      • View Profile
      • Aimee Laine
    Snippet from Little White Lies ...
    « Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 08:15:54 am »
    Here's a little snippet from within Little White Lies:

Do you make promises?

Be careful. Charley stood on the threshold, Wyatts back to the outside. She held his hands at her sides, her fingers entwined with his.

Ill be back in time, I promise. He laid a kiss at the edge of her lips.

Never promise what you cant guarantee, Wyatt.

See? Even some characters are smart!
    Aimee Laine

Offline Aimee Laine

• That's me for real!
      • View Profile
      • Aimee Laine
    Re: Snippet from Little White Lies
    « Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 09:25:03 am »
    Book 2 is written! Yeah! I'm so excited. :) If you liked Little White Lies, I hope you will like Surrender (or whatever the title becomes) maybe sometime next year? Hopefully? :)

What are the best words ever when written together?

Happy Monday!
    Aimee
    Aimee Laine

Offline Aimee Laine

• That's me for real!
      • View Profile
      • Aimee Laine
    Re: and today, a short based on the Mimics of Rune releases!
    « Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 08:08:21 am »
    My short, Misguided, a little 'extra' AFTER Little White Lies ends, released in the Anthology called Into the Unknown!

Into the Unknown releases today!!! #giveaway

And yes, there's a giveaway! :)
    Aimee Laine

KBoards.com

• Advertisement