Author Topic: My usual bicycle ride  (Read 284 times)  

Offline Mike D. aka jmiked

• Terra firma
    • View Profile
My usual bicycle ride
« on: July 17, 2011, 12:48:43 pm »
This is pretty much the trail I go on 2-3 times a week. I didnt shoot this video, but it's a pretty well-done one. These guys go faster than I do, because I'm an old guy.  ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q0jp5-1mcU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q0jp5-1mcU</a>

Mike
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 06:45:14 pm by jmiked »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Carol (was Dara)

• View Profile
    Re: My usual bike ride
    « Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 05:40:45 pm »
    I'm impressed by anyone who can do that two or three times a week. I'm always resolving to take up bicycling for the exercise but after one ride I get hot and sweaty and that's the end of it. My walks go pretty much the same way.  :P

Offline geoffthomas

• Derwood, Maryland
    • Member 2434
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 06:05:55 pm »
    jmiked, I thought maybe it would be a Harley or something.
    But this is a nice off-road bicycle ride.
    Neat that you have a trail like that to use.

Miss you, Dona, Jeff & Harvey! | Member since 02/27/2009 | e-books by Lynn Abbey, CJ Cherryh, & Jane Fancher
    TANSTAAFL (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch)

Offline Mike D. aka jmiked

• Terra firma
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 07:22:51 pm »
    I'm impressed by anyone who can do that two or three times a week. I'm always resolving to take up bicycling for the exercise but after one ride I get hot and sweaty and that's the end of it. My walks go pretty much the same way.  :P

I hiked this park for a few weeks and then decided to get a bike. I'm 68 and needed to do something for a higher level of exercise to recover from surgery, and this seemed to fit the bill. I find I like it a lot and will continue now that I'm recovered.

This park is interesting. It has 12 miles of trails, and the majority of the bike trails (the twisty parts with lots of shade) were constructed by a local mountain bike club, if I have my facts right. The city wanted some trails, and the biking community stepped up and designed and built the trails themselves, under the nominal supervision of the park staff. Two or three times a year, the club members get together and spend a day or so doing maintenance... drainage, trash removal, etc.

Here's a map of the park:

Probably 80% of the thin lines are trails that the club built. Particularly the twisty ones.  ;D

There are beginner's trails and intermediate trails, not really any advanced ones. I stick to the beginner trails.

Mike
    « Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 07:25:04 pm by jmiked »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement