Kindle Forum banner

Introducing... KB Search

7K views 41 replies 28 participants last post by  Dragle 
#1 ·
Some of us use Amazon's advanced search for finding books in the Kindle Store. But you have to remember to set the format to "Kindle", and you don't have the capability of searching by price.

We've created a page for KindleBoards members, to search the Kindle Store using a variety of search parameters. Check it out at the link below, or click on the graphic. We've got one for our UK members, too, that searches the UK Kindle Store.

http://www.kboards.com/search

http://www.kboards.com/uksearch

See less See more
#9 ·
This is awesome!

And the ability to sort by price will really come in handy. A lot of the time I just want the free version of a classic book from the 1800s -- and Amazon pulls up dozens of knock-off "paid" versions of those books instead! 

#10 ·
Me and My Kindle said:
This is awesome!

And the ability to sort by price will really come in handy. A lot of the time I just want the free version of a classic book from the 1800s -- and Amazon pulls up dozens of knock-off "paid" versions of those books instead!
Not to undermine the KB search because it is useful but you can sort by price without any third party search. When the results come up, there's a drop down box on the right where you can change the sorting options, two of them are "Price: Low to High" and "Price: High to Low".

What the KB search does do that Amazon doesn't is offer a max price to the search and you can choose "free" so you don't even have to bother sorting by price.

#12 ·
Awesome tool, thank you so much.

Yeah, since I purchased a book or two on human relations; now for my "recommendations for you," Amazon pumps me forty-four pages of business books, mainly marketing which I have no interest in, rendering the service useless to me.

So now I have another means of narrowing down what it is that I am looking for.

Thanks again.

#13 ·
NightGoat said:
Yeah, since I purchased a book or two on human relations; now for my "recommendations for you," Amazon pumps me forty-four pages of business books, mainly marketing which I have no interest in, rendering the service useless to me.
But you can fix that! :D Go to "Improve your recommendations" and, for any purchases you don't want included, mark them 'Don't Use for Recommendations' on the right side. It's a good thing to do, also, when you pick up a 'free' book that is on the fringe of your usual interest range. . . . .

#14 ·
I would recommend making it another "button".
The (advanced search) string is not obvious as a function.
Now that I know it exists and how to invoke it, it is clear to me.
But I suspect that others would not realize that it is a function the way that it is.
Just MO.

#23 ·
Thanks for reporting that. As I was testing kb search I noticed a few anomalies like that, where non-matching items would sometimes show up in search results. It was puzzling because the query syntax seems correct.

In most cases I could recreate the same anomalies in Amazon's own advanced search, so I'm concluding that strict filtering of search results is not being applied in all cases - perhaps for performance reasons - by Amazon.

Anyway I'll keep my eyes open for opportunities to improve those search results. Thank you for your post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.