Author Topic: FEED: Worldbuilding  (Read 2384 times)  

Offline fadedrainbows

• Tampa, Florida
    • View Profile
    • Goodreads
FEED: Worldbuilding
« on: August 01, 2011, 05:59:25 am »
I am about 4 chapters in right now and very intrigued. I find the life after zombies and the world that has been made to be very interesting. I can't wait to see what develops as I read more of the book.

*****PS- If you guys share a spoiler, please be sure to use the spoiler tag up above! Thanks so much! -Meagan*****
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 06:07:40 am by fadedrainbows »
My usual genre: Paranormal Chick Lit Steampunk Historical Romance Fantasy novels

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Geoffrey

• Dallas, Texas
    • Live! Live! Live! Life is a Banquet!
      • View Profile
    Re: FEED: Worldbuilding
    « Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 06:46:41 am »
    I'm at 27% and it is an interesting world.  She's covering a lot of the minute social details changed by the Rising.  I'm curious, though, about the rituals around death.  Like if gramma is on her last legs, I guess passing at home with the family gathered around is either out of the question or with additional security measures - like a handgun or axe.  I'm sure we'll get to it but that's my current point of curiosity.

I like the new aversion to red meat.

I wonder, though, if there are still those stupid boys who video themselves jumping off the roof - do they go zombie baiting in this world or are have they already been removed from gene pool?

Offline fadedrainbows

• Tampa, Florida
      • View Profile
      • Goodreads
    « Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 06:48:59 am »
    I wonder, though, if there are still those stupid boys who video themselves jumping off the roof - do they go zombie baiting in this world or are have they already been removed from gene pool?

I think those boys grow up to become Irwins, like Shaun, haha.

And I wonder about the rituals as well, I think the changes are my favorite part of Post-Apocalyptic/Dystopian books. I have to read more of this book because I want to know so much more!
    My usual genre: Paranormal Chick Lit Steampunk Historical Romance Fantasy novels

Offline Basilius

• Hillsboro, OR
      • View Profile
      • Contact Information
    « Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 07:18:32 am »
    I think my favorite part of the world Grant has created in these books is the way blogging came to the fore vs. traditional news media. Of course, the Steve Irwin references are great.

Some of the tech side references are good, too. Apple makes the top-of-the-line blood testing kit, for example. And I do love the voice-controlled home automation.

Offline Geoffrey

• Dallas, Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 09:43:57 am »
    I think my favorite part of the world Grant has created in these books is the way blogging came to the fore vs. traditional news media. Of course, the Steve Irwin references are great.

Some of the tech side references are good, too. Apple makes the top-of-the-line blood testing kit, for example. And I do love the voice-controlled home automation.

The John Stewart references make me smile as well ....

Offline fadedrainbows

• Tampa, Florida
      • View Profile
      • Goodreads
    « Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 01:08:50 pm »
    After finishing, I really liked the world she has built. I love the power of bloggers. I love the way the virus came to be. I love how there are no public gatherings and how most people born after the Rising don't like people or crowds. I think the way she portrayed the world post-zombie apocalypse. I think the way the zombies interact is really well done as well. They way that you have register with the CDC to travel on the interstates was interesting as well.

Offline Geoffrey

• Dallas, Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 05:15:47 am »
    I finished the second book last night and it gets more into the worldbuilding - more details to flesh it out - and it's more of a bio-medical thriller than political thriller like the first book.  It definitely gives a different perspective on the over world.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement