Author Topic: Alsiso -- tales of suspense  (Read 9249 times)  

Offline Tony Richards

• "Richards is a master" RT Book Reviews f/sf column
    • View Profile
    • Tony Richards -- Dark Fantasy Author
Alsiso -- tales of suspense
« on: August 03, 2011, 03:05:02 PM »
Alsiso

Harriet has fled her dull suburban marriage with her brand-new lover, Beth. Now, they live a lazy, bohemian existence in the quiet town of Alsiso, on the Caribbean coast of Mexico. But when Harriet begins to fall under the spell of a handsome drifter named Cody, the scene is set for mystery, intrigue ... and maybe worse.

Includes the story 'Nine Rocks in a Row,' about a passionate couple who come across a terrifying prophecy.

By the author of Deadly Violet and Speak of the Devil.

And here's the UK link.

"Richards is a master" - RT Book Reviews.
"A terrific author. A unique and eloquent voice" - John Pelan.
"Man, this guy can write. He has the power to introduce you all over again to the pleasures of reading good prose" - Ed Gorman.
"A master of the art" - Black Static magazine.
"An amazing voice" - James A. Moore.
"Always first-class" - Ronald Chetwynd-Hayes.

I have more than twenty self-published ebooks -- fantasy, SF, mystery, supernatural, horror, and even Sherlock Holmes -- many of which are at the sample price of 99c: Find out more about them here.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Tony Richards is the author of 7 novels from HarperCollins, Tor, and Pan Macmillan and has seen more than one hundred short stories in print, most of them in magazines like Isaac Asimov's SF, Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery, F&SF, Postscripts, Weird Tales and Cemetery Dance. He has been shortlisted for both the HWA Bram Stoker Award and the British Fantasy Award.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 12:36:12 PM by Tony Richards »
My new crime novel THE TRIBE is now out from Cemetery Dance Publications. And there are now 6 Novels in my Raine's Landing supernatural thriller series, with a seventh on the way.

Here's the complete list of my eBooks on Kindle, some self-published, others from the likes of Eos/HarperCollins and CD Publications.      VISIT MY WEBSITE.

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
Re: Alsiso -- short erotic thriller 99c
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 04:05:07 AM »
Tony,

Welcome again to KindleBoards and congratulations on your book!  

KindleBoards is a Kindle fan and reader forum.  As you browse KindleBoards, keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed in the Book Bazaar. (You've posted your book thread in the right place; this is just our standard reminder. :))

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information.  You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days.  Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then. You may modify the latest post to reflect new information.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link.  Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows.  This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles!  Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post.  For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,36.0.html.  Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing:  be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . .there are details there about how you can be listed so that our readers can find you.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards!  Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
Re: Alsiso -- 2 adult suspense stories
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 10:49:57 AM »
You can see the complete details of all my books on Kindle, all 99 cents -- and even read quick, easy previews of them -- at The Indie Book Lounge: http://bit.ly/rsEOwl
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 12:56:58 PM by Tony Richards »
My new crime novel THE TRIBE is now out from Cemetery Dance Publications. And there are now 6 Novels in my Raine's Landing supernatural thriller series, with a seventh on the way.

Here's the complete list of my eBooks on Kindle, some self-published, others from the likes of Eos/HarperCollins and CD Publications.      VISIT MY WEBSITE.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
Re: Alsiso -- 2 adult suspense stories -- 99c
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 11:46:07 AM »
The cover for this book, as for most of mine on Kindle, is by the terrific Steve Upham. You can find out more about his artwork here: http://www.screamingdreams.com/artwork.html
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 12:58:30 PM by Tony Richards »

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 09:41:22 AM »
And you can find out more about my fiction at my website: http://richardsreality.com
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 12:59:09 PM by Tony Richards »

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 09:19:23 AM »
You can get full-sized collections of my work in hard print and on Kindle and Midnights Angels, the latest novel in my Raines Landing supernatural thriller series from Dark Regions Press:
http://www.darkregions.com
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 12:59:39 PM by Tony Richards »

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 02:53:49 PM »
Two more of my Dark Regions books will be out on Kindle before too long:
My latest collection of short fiction, Our Lady of the Shadows.
And Midnights Angels, the third in my series of supernatural thrillers set in the strange town of Raines Landing, Massachusetts, where the real witches of Salem fled.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:00:08 PM by Tony Richards »

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 09:43:52 AM »
Theres an interview with me in which I talk about my work on Kindle here:
http://www.monsterlibrarian.com/TheCirculationDesk/
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:00:36 PM by Tony Richards »

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 03:48:23 PM »
Here's the link for my blog: http://raineslanding.blogspot.com
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:01:09 PM by Tony Richards »

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 06:33:17 PM »
My latest collection -- Our Lady of the Shadows -- is getting rave reviews. You can find out more about it on my blog (above). I'll let you know as soon as it is out on Kindle.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:01:40 PM by Tony Richards »

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 09:45:59 AM »
And the same goes for my third Raine's Landing novel.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:02:08 PM by Tony Richards »

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 01:51:09 PM »
Busy with the fifth Raine's Landing novel at the moment. But I'll be publishing more on Kindle later in the year.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:02:38 PM by Tony Richards »

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 07:39:20 AM »
There'll be reviews for Alsiso soon, hopefully. It's started to sell, and this is a pair of stories I am very proud of.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:03:09 PM by Tony Richards »

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 04:20:58 PM »
I just published 2 new books on Kindle this week, and updated a third.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:04:25 PM by Tony Richards »

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 03:47:42 PM »
And a much bigger book of new Sherlock Holmes stories is coming soon.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:04:56 PM by Tony Richards »

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2011, 03:31:40 PM »
David Wingrove -- author of the epic Chung Kuo science fiction saga -- is the guest writer on my blog this week: http://raineslanding.blogspot.com
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:05:22 PM by Tony Richards »

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 04:05:43 PM »
Love this cover ... one of Steve Upham's best.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:05:49 PM by Tony Richards »

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 04:44:27 PM »
That terrific writer of suspense, Ed Gorman, has posted glowing reviews of 2 of my short story collections one of them available on Kindle -- on his blog, as well as publishing an interview with me. Click here:
http://newimprovedgorman.blogspot.com/2011/12/pro-file-tony-richards.html
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:06:17 PM by Tony Richards »

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 03:06:41 PM »
I might even ask Ed to be my next guest blogger, if he has the time.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:06:48 PM by Tony Richards »

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012, 03:43:46 PM »
Happy 2012, everyone!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:07:19 PM by Tony Richards »

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 04:11:07 PM »
There are interviews with me and several other suspense authors in the new Journey Planet efanzine:
http://efanzines.com/JourneyPlanet/JourneyPlanet11.pdf
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:07:50 PM by Tony Richards »

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, 01:10:27 PM »
I've recently been blogging about all 16 of my self-published titles on Kindle:
http://raineslanding.blogspot.com

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
Re: Alsiso -- exotic tales of suspense -- 99c
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2012, 08:12:23 AM »
And my 17th title went on just a couple of days back.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 11:45:13 AM »
I'll have a couple of new collections of short stories -- horror/supernatural/dark fantasy -- going on Kindle next week.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2012, 04:19:17 PM »
It's a Saturday evening so, g'wan, give these stories a try.