Author Topic: Make It Free  (Read 631719 times)  

Offline Michael Buckley

• Clemson, SC
    • View Profile
    • Author Websitie
Re: Make It Free
« Reply #5625 on: March 23, 2020, 08:25:31 pm »
If you want results send an email to amazon support and most likely they will make it free for you. Having others tell amazon takes to long.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline J Bee

• No matter the genre, it's all about heart.
      • View Profile

Offline Michael Buckley

• Clemson, SC
      • View Profile
      • Author Websitie
    « Reply #5627 on: April 05, 2020, 02:34:28 pm »
    Fastest way to make free is email amazon kept with the links where it is free and within a few days they will make it free. They will send you an email telling you its their decision to make it free. They usually make it free right away as long as it is not sold for a price on another site.

Offline Jena H

• North Carolina
    • Desperate character
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5628 on: July 05, 2020, 04:01:19 am »
    Wow, has it really been a YEAR AND A HALF since someone used this thread?  Let's see if we can get it back in ciruculation.

I have a book which somehow "fell off" the free status, and I need to get it back.

Amazon book:

Elsewhere:
    https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/501627

Thanks!
    Jena

Offline Kathy Dee

• View Profile
    « Reply #5629 on: July 05, 2020, 04:37:40 am »
    Wow, has it really been a YEAR AND A HALF since someone used this thread?  Let's see if we can get it back in ciruculation.

I have a book which somehow "fell off" the free status, and I need to get it back.

Amazon book:

Elsewhere:
    https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/501627

Thanks!

Why don't you simply contact Amazon?

Offline Jena H

• North Carolina
    • Desperate character
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5630 on: July 05, 2020, 06:09:21 pm »
    Why don't you simply contact Amazon?

If contacting Amazon was easier and generally reliable, that would be a go-to tactic. However, in one way or another, it appears my book is free again, so.....  yay!!

(BTW, when I posted on this thread earlier today, I assumed it was the zillion-page thread for "making it free."  I didn't realize it was a single-post thread.   :o )

Jena

Offline Kathy Dee

• View Profile
    « Reply #5631 on: July 06, 2020, 04:26:47 am »
    If contacting Amazon was easier and generally reliable, that would be a go-to tactic. However, in one way or another, it appears my book is free again, so.....  yay!!

(BTW, when I posted on this thread earlier today, I assumed it was the zillion-page thread for "making it free."  I didn't realize it was a single-post thread.   :o )

So far, Amazon have always made books free when I asked. I just publish them first on Google Play, set the price to free and then send Amazon a polite request including the Google link.

Anyway, I am glad to hear your problem is sorted :)

Offline notjohn

• View Profile
      • Notjohn's Self-Publishing Guide
    « Reply #5632 on: July 06, 2020, 06:39:32 am »
    My experience is that Amazon doesn't do this any longer, and that freebies are madness unless you're giving away the first book in a well-developed series or (as in my case) the "book" is actually a teaser for a fair-priced one.

People do download freebies, usually several at a time (from one of several freebie-of-the-day websites). They might read the most promising, then go back and download several more possibilities a few days later.

There are so many of these websites that Amazon long ago introduced a policy that Associates have to actually SELL more books than they give away, in order to ensure that Amazon makes some money from the process. Really, there are people who buy books and people who take freebies, and seldom do the two overlap.
    Notjohn's Guide to E-Book & Print Formatting: http://viewbook.at/notjohn

The blog: http://notjohnkdp.blogspot.com

Offline Becca Mills

• Global Moderator
    • California
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5633 on: July 06, 2020, 02:59:09 pm »
    I've merged in a new thread. Please make all "make it free" requests here. Thanks!

Welcome! :)
    Read about using the Writers' Cafe here. Our larger "forum decorum" is here. The site's overall terms of use are here. Please be aware of this material.
    Troubleshooting: If you're having difficulties with advertising on KBoards, the contact email is [email protected] You can also use our PM system to contact the site's owners via the vsAdmin account. The Link-Maker and Author Signature Tool long longer function. There's a manual version of the former here and a workaround for the latter here.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement