Author Topic: The Tea Thread  (Read 431963 times)  

Offline Lynn

• Lake Wales Florida
  • Member #356
    • View Profile
Re: The Tea Thread
« Reply #125 on: June 01, 2009, 05:33:04 pm »
There is a Teavana about an hour from me- may have to do that this next Thursday off. Would like to get the Zarafina too!
I noticed when looking at the Zarafina on Amazon, a Kindle 2 cover was listed in the Customers who bought this item also bought section. Maybe that is a sign I need to buy one!
Lynn L

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Cowgirl

• Member #291
      • View Profile
    « Reply #126 on: June 01, 2009, 05:37:00 pm »
    If you have a Tuesday Morning store near you they had the Zarafina last week for $39....$10 cheaper than Amazon... 

Offline Lynn

• Lake Wales Florida
    • Member #356
      • View Profile
    « Reply #127 on: June 01, 2009, 05:48:14 pm »
    There is a Tuesday Morning in the same city as the Teavana store- guess a road trip is in the future!

Lynn L

Offline Cowgirl

• Member #291
      • View Profile
    « Reply #128 on: June 01, 2009, 06:33:50 pm »
    The $39 price is amazing.  These were originally $149.

Offline MonaSW

• Hayward, CA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #129 on: June 01, 2009, 06:42:19 pm »
    The $39 price is amazing.  These were originally $149.

I know. I bought mine when it was $149.

Offline koolmnbv

• View Profile
    « Reply #130 on: June 01, 2009, 08:09:33 pm »
    I was wondering if anyone has tried or heard of Wu-Long tea.

My mom ordered some online. She heard it's supposed to aid in weight loss, help with blood pressure etc. Just wanted to know if any one has had positive results with it etc.

Offline MamaProfCrash

• View Profile
    « Reply #131 on: June 01, 2009, 08:15:53 pm »
    I have not heard of it. I tend not to buy into the hype on teas helping with weight loss. More likely then not if they do it is because people are drinking more water and that helps them stay full. I could be wrong, but that is my guess.

Offline Debra Purdy Kong

• Canada
    • BC Mystery Author
      • View Profile
    « Reply #132 on: June 01, 2009, 08:49:02 pm »
    I was wondering if anyone has tried or heard of Wu-Long tea.

My mom ordered some online. She heard it's supposed to aid in weight loss, help with blood pressure etc. Just wanted to know if any one has had positive results with it etc.

I've never heard of it. Does anyone know if there really is a tea that aids in weight loss?

Offline MonaSW

• Hayward, CA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #133 on: June 01, 2009, 09:05:04 pm »
    I've never heard of it. Does anyone know if there really is a tea that aids in weight loss?

Don't know, I just drink what I like. This morning was Wild Sweet Orange by Tazo. Yum.

Offline VictoriaP

• Rainy, dreary, gray Puget Sound
    • ^ ...wish I was back here...
      • View Profile
    « Reply #134 on: June 01, 2009, 09:30:43 pm »
    hmmm how to convince the fiance that flowering tea pots would be a good centerpiece...

Honey, I used to photograph weddings.  The fiance almost never has a say in what decorations are at the reception.  Heck, I never met a groom who cared! LOL

Now finding a decent price on that many clear glass teapots.......that could be an issue!  :D

I need to make a Teavana run tomorrow if I can swing it; I'm out of my favorites for iced tea.  The rooibos vanilla/orange mix isn't bad, but it's just not quite as good iced as it is hot, and it's just getting too hot outside to drink my usual amounts of hot tea.
    "If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real than people with bodies and heartbeats." -- Richard Bach, "Illusions"

Offline Rasputina

• View Profile
    « Reply #135 on: June 01, 2009, 09:40:41 pm »
    Last week the Zarafina was down to 41 dollars on Amazon.

Offline MamaProfCrash

• View Profile
    « Reply #136 on: June 02, 2009, 06:02:59 am »
    Honey, I used to photograph weddings.  The fiance almost never has a say in what decorations are at the reception.  Heck, I never met a groom who cared! LOL

Now finding a decent price on that many clear glass teapots.......that could be an issue!  :D

I need to make a Teavana run tomorrow if I can swing it; I'm out of my favorites for iced tea.  The rooibos vanilla/orange mix isn't bad, but it's just not quite as good iced as it is hot, and it's just getting too hot outside to drink my usual amounts of hot tea.

LOL. He cares. Kind of. He said that it sounds great and go for it. I think it was "It will save money on flowers" that won him over. He suggested glass bowls instead of tea pots, I said I wanted tea pots. He said OK. So maybe he doesn't really care and is only worried with the price. (grins)

Target sells Bobum glass tea pots for about $15. We are going to have 11 tables. I figure three boxes of flowering tea things will cost about $30. No one is going to drink the tea so I can get slightly cheaper tea then I would drink.  So we have our centerpieces.

Life is good.

And I am brewing a pot of Roobois Lemon to have with my oatmeal.

Offline SongbirdVB

• Crystal, Minnesota
      • View Profile
      • Songbird's Nest
    « Reply #137 on: June 02, 2009, 06:29:19 am »
    LOL. He cares. Kind of. He said that it sounds great and go for it. I think it was "It will save money on flowers" that won him over. He suggested glass bowls instead of tea pots, I said I wanted tea pots. He said OK. So maybe he doesn't really care and is only worried with the price. (grins)

Target sells Bobum glass tea pots for about $15. We are going to have 11 tables. I figure three boxes of flowering tea things will cost about $30. No one is going to drink the tea so I can get slightly cheaper tea then I would drink.  So we have our centerpieces.

Life is good.

And I am brewing a pot of Roobois Lemon to have with my oatmeal.

Those will make beautiful centerpieces, Crash!

I stumbled into work this morning and decided I needed the caffiene of a black tea instead of a Rooibos, so am drinking the Assam Mangalam I got from TG.  So far every tea I've had tastes better since I got the Zarafina.  Thanks for talking me into that one, Cowgirl and Crash!

I stopped at Tuesday Morning over the weekend and was a little sad that I had spent $25 extra for the Zarafinas I've purchased, but I'm over that now! It's worth it, and I know my daughter will love hers too.  Now the only problem will be putting it away until Christmas (once it gets here), then remembering WHERE I put it when Christmas rolls around!  ;D
    Those that cannot forgive others break the bridge over which they must pass themselves; for every person has need of being forgiven.

Offline Cowgirl

• Member #291
      • View Profile
    « Reply #138 on: June 02, 2009, 06:29:30 am »
    Crash...That's a pretty cheap centerpiece if you go with the Target option.  WE'll need pictures of course!

Offline Cowgirl

• Member #291
      • View Profile
    « Reply #139 on: June 02, 2009, 06:34:46 am »
    Songbird...you're welcome on the Zarafina.  It makes a world of difference in the taste of the tea. I bought an extra one just to have in case something happens to the one I got.  At the close out price at Tuesday Morning it sounds to me like they aren't going to make them anymore or at least not the present model.   

Offline SongbirdVB

• Crystal, Minnesota
      • View Profile
      • Songbird's Nest
    « Reply #140 on: June 02, 2009, 07:06:33 am »
    Songbird...you're welcome on the Zarafina.  It makes a world of difference in the taste of the tea. I bought an extra one just to have in case something happens to the one I got.  At the close out price at Tuesday Morning it sounds to me like they aren't going to make them anymore or at least not the present model.   

Ooooo... a BACKUP.  I don't have a backup Zarafina.  Maybe I'll stop by Tuesday Morning and get one!  Then I'll be Songbird-FOUR-Teas!  Maybe... if I can think of a place to put it.  AND I just realized I didn't spend an extra $25, I only spent an extra $16.72.  At Tuesday Morning I have to pay tax.
    Those that cannot forgive others break the bridge over which they must pass themselves; for every person has need of being forgiven.

Offline MamaProfCrash

• View Profile
    « Reply #141 on: June 02, 2009, 07:58:38 am »
    I have created monsters. (evil grin)

Offline MamaProfCrash

• View Profile
    « Reply #142 on: June 02, 2009, 08:00:17 am »
    I don't know if people care or not but...

I have been brewing my Darjeelings on the Oolong setting on my Zarafina. The labels for my Darjeeling's have the same temperature and time as the Oolongs. I am finding that I prefer the Darjeeling on the new setting.

More of an FYI

« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 12:20:57 pm by Harvey »

Offline Cowgirl

• Member #291
      • View Profile
    « Reply #143 on: June 02, 2009, 08:19:39 am »
    I don't know if people care or not but...

I have been brewing my Darjeelings on the Oolong setting on my Zarafina. The labels for my Darjeeling's have the same temperature and time as the Oolongs. I am finding that I prefer the Darjeeling on the new setting.

More of an FYI

Good to know!

Offline MamaProfCrash

• View Profile
    « Reply #144 on: June 02, 2009, 11:01:40 am »
    I just finished a pot of Sencha. It went surprisingly well with my Pepper and Salt Popcorn.

Offline MamaProfCrash

• View Profile
    « Reply #145 on: June 02, 2009, 11:55:14 am »
    OK. I tired Gschwenders Summer Romance herbal tea. It came in my 11 tea sampler of Gschwedner's winning and top three placing teas. It has raspberries, strawberries, apple, hibiscus, rose hips, elderberries, and vanilla. It sounds good but tastes really, really bland. I sure wouldn't want to spill it on anyone because it would leave a huge stain on their clothes. It is a deep, deep red color. It smells good but the taste is very weak. The package calls for two teaspoons for each 8 ounce cup. I used five teaspoons to make 16 ounces and brewed it on the herbal cycle once. Bland.

I am brewing it on the herbal cycle again to see if it gets any stronger.

It sounds good but the herbal teas just don't get enough flavor to make me happy. Looking at it I think you could eat it as a snack with all the dried fruit in it.

ETA: A second brewing made it stronger. Maybe a little sugar would draw out the sweetness of the fruit. It is not a tea I see myself drinking a lot of.
    « Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 12:23:59 pm by ProfCrash »

Offline SongbirdVB

• Crystal, Minnesota
      • View Profile
      • Songbird's Nest
    « Reply #146 on: June 02, 2009, 12:42:45 pm »
    OK. I tired Gschwenders Summer Romance herbal tea. It came in my 11 tea sampler of Gschwedner's winning and top three placing teas. It has raspberries, strawberries, apple, hibiscus, rose hips, elderberries, and vanilla. It sounds good but tastes really, really bland. I sure wouldn't want to spill it on anyone because it would leave a huge stain on their clothes. It is a deep, deep red color. It smells good but the taste is very weak. The package calls for two teaspoons for each 8 ounce cup. I used five teaspoons to make 16 ounces and brewed it on the herbal cycle once. Bland.

I am brewing it on the herbal cycle again to see if it gets any stronger.

It sounds good but the herbal teas just don't get enough flavor to make me happy. Looking at it I think you could eat it as a snack with all the dried fruit in it.

I have a couple of those teas and I'm thinking I'd enjoy them as a snack more than a tea.  Like you I prefer a stronger flavor.

Right now I'm brewing some white tea lychee.  Let's see if I don't dislike it as much from the 'fina.

Offline Cowgirl

• Member #291
      • View Profile
    « Reply #147 on: June 02, 2009, 01:25:34 pm »
    I love the fruity teas so I'd probably like the Summer Romance.

Offline Rasputina

• View Profile
    « Reply #148 on: June 02, 2009, 01:27:25 pm »
    I made a pot of rose black tea to drink iced.

Offline Cowgirl

• Member #291
      • View Profile
    « Reply #149 on: June 02, 2009, 01:30:10 pm »
    Well I just brewed a quick cup of black tea in the perfect teamaker instead of the zarafina...the phone rang, I forgot I was brewing the tea and 15 minutes later I had to throw it away!  It was horrible.  That's why the zarafina works for me.  I don't know why I just didn't do one cup in there....ugh

KBoards.com

• Advertisement