Author Topic: DecalGirl and Tego skin side by side  (Read 7459 times)  

Offline Lynn

• Lake Wales Florida
  • Member #356
    • View Profile
DecalGirl and Tego skin side by side
« on: May 30, 2009, 05:04:39 pm »
I received my DecalGirl skin yesterday and applied it to my K2. It went on easily and was not hard to reposition. I ordered on May 21st and it arrived on May 29. It had to go from Delaware to Florida.

I have had my Tego since April 13. It was sent from Canada on the 7th. I think the time from my order to the time they shipped was about 10 days, but it is a custom skin.

Personally I don't see much difference in the two. There is a gloss finish to both, they are about the same thickness. Both were not difficult to put on or reposition. The Tego does have a visible texture to it but I can't feel it when holding my Kindle. I did remove a small dot of Velcro from the Tego skin- it stretched the skin and took off the gloss in that spot. It shrank back to normal with some heat from the hair dryer.
I would order from either company again. I like the Tego for my KK because it covers the entire back and even though my Kindles are usually in their covers I do take them out on occasion to read only in their skins.
Here are links to pictures posted in the accessories thread:

https://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,5755.msg139147.html#msg139147
https://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,5755.msg175562.html#msg175562

Lynn L
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 12:58:44 pm by Harvey »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline kindlevixen

• Las Vegas
      • View Profile
      • Kindle Vixen
    Re: DecalGirl and Tego skin side by side
    « Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 05:18:16 pm »
    very nice!  I got my custom Tego yesterday... it came quickly! I was prepared to wait a month but I think it was only 2 weeks.  Anyway, I did notice the texture, but you are right, it doesn't feel any different than my Decal Girl one did. I am very happy with it... I found it easier to put on than my Decal girl...but that was ONLY because of the buttons.  The buttons on my DG K1 skin were difficult and on the Tego they seperated easily.

Offline jesspark

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 07:23:32 pm »
    Thanks for posting this, Lynn! I love my custom Tego skin, but I don't have anything from Decalgirl to compare it to, so I really appreciate your review and your photos -- and not just for my own reference! If people continue to ask me how skins from mytego.com compare to those from Decalgirl, now I know just where to point them for the answer.  :D

Both of your Kindles look great, BTW!

Offline Lynn

• Lake Wales Florida
    • Member #356
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 07:37:02 pm »
    Thanks Jesspark, I thought the Winged pattern would be good since it has so many colors it should match lots of covers ;D

I thought it was kind of interesting to compare the 2 screesavers also. The KK is darker appearing. It is hard to see in the photo but in person I think the darkest spot on both is the same, it is just the additional shading makes for less contrast on the K2

Lynn L
    « Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 07:41:46 pm by Lynn »

Offline koolmnbv

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 07:32:50 pm »
    Thanks for the side by side comparison and review. I have been interested in a Custom Tego but so far I have only tried 3acp (NEVER again) and DG. I really like my DG skin and I'm glad to know the tego is similar in quality etc.

Offline booknut

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 08:22:35 pm »
    I have ordered from mytego 3 times and its never taken them more than 2 business days to put it in the mail. Usually took about 10 mailing days though to arrive once in the mail. I have had both and really like mytego. I think because they make it so easy to make a custom skin. I have other new ideas too for the next time I get a skin so I will be using them from now on. I personally feel that the tego skins have better grip and are less glossy and reflective than decalgirl.

Offline Rasputina

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 05:18:22 pm »
    Thanks for posting the pic I think yours is the best one I've seen that captures the texture of the tego.

Offline PhillipA82

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 02:08:15 pm »
    Nice :)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement