Author Topic: Gaslight Arcanum: Uncanny Tales of Sherlock Holmes  (Read 7193 times)  

Offline Tony Richards

• "Richards is a master" RT Book Reviews f/sf column
    • View Profile
    • Tony Richards -- Dark Fantasy Author
Gaslight Arcanum: Uncanny Tales of Sherlock Holmes
« on: December 19, 2011, 03:33:14 PM »
Gaslight Arcanum: Uncanny Tales of Sherlock Holmes

MY NAME IS SHERLOCK HOLMES.
IT IS MY BUSINESS TO KNOW WHAT OTHERS DO NOT.

In the dark lurk horrible secrets. Long buried and hidden from prying eyes are the twilight tales of the living and the dead - and those that are neither. The stink of a Paris morgue, the curve of a devils footprint, forbidden pages torn from an infernal tome, madness in a dead womans stare, a lost voice from beneath the waves and the cold indifference of an insects feeding all hold cryptic clues. From the comfort of the Seine to the chill blast of arctic winds, from candlelit monasteries to the callous and uncaring streets of Las Vegas are found arcane stories of men, monsters and their evil...

Includes my tale 'The House of Blood,' the first of my Immortal Holmes stories, collected on Amazon Kindle: Here's the complete list.

I would read an entire novel of modern-day Holmes from Tony Richards Flames Rising.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 04:34:07 PM by Tony Richards »
My new crime novel THE TRIBE is now out from Cemetery Dance Publications. And there are now 6 Novels in my Raine's Landing supernatural thriller series, with a seventh on the way.

Here's the complete list of my eBooks on Kindle, some self-published, others from the likes of Eos/HarperCollins and CD Publications.      VISIT MY WEBSITE.

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
Re: Gaslight Arcanum: Uncanny Tales of Sherlock Holmes -- $2.99
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 06:45:42 AM »
Hi Tony, and congratulations on your book!  :)

Please note that KindleBoards is a Readers and Kindle Fan forum.  Authors are always welcome to post anywhere but, as you browse the 'boards, please keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows: (Note that this doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference, so post this note in every thread. :) )

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it and add to it when there is more information, as we ask that authors have only one thread per book.  You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days.  Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link.  Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows.  This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles!  Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post.  For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum.  Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards!  Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
AquaKindle
Godric's Hollow (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 04:04:45 PM »
There are interviews with me and several other Holmes authors in the new Journey Planet efanzine:
http://efanzines.com/JourneyPlanet/JourneyPlanet11.pdf
My new crime novel THE TRIBE is now out from Cemetery Dance Publications. And there are now 6 Novels in my Raine's Landing supernatural thriller series, with a seventh on the way.

Here's the complete list of my eBooks on Kindle, some self-published, others from the likes of Eos/HarperCollins and CD Publications.      VISIT MY WEBSITE.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 03:57:40 PM »
My signature (below) has my three Holmes ebooks so far on Kindle. Just click on the covers for more details.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 04:51:08 PM »
You can also check out interviews with me and others at the Gaslight Gallery blog:
http://gaslightgallery.blogspot.com/2011/12/gaslight-gallery-welcomes-tony-richards.html

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 10:33:42 AM »
This fine collection is pulling in good reviews aplenty.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 04:04:49 PM »
Let's hope there'll be a new one of these Holmes collections before too much longer.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 04:59:45 AM »
And once again I bring this collection to your attention.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 06:05:28 PM »
Read the reviews for this terrific collection here: http://amzn.to/OuNQKH

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
Re: Gaslight Arcanum: Uncanny Tales of Sherlock Holmes
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 01:42:14 PM »
And once again, I bring this book to your attention.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 05:45:23 AM »
At least give the reviews a look.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 06:50:06 PM »
There are now four 21st Century Holmes books available on Kindle (see a couple of the covers below).

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 04:36:40 AM »
Perfect reading for these cold, chilly evenings.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 06:14:59 AM »
Don't miss the chance to take a look at these excellent stories.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2012, 05:30:04 AM »
Stories by some terrific minds, the modern masters of dark fantasy fiction.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2012, 10:16:47 AM »
Happy Holidays to all my readers!

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013, 01:14:52 PM »
Have a great 2013!

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 02:16:33 PM »
Let's hope that there's another of these Holmes collections before too much longer.

Offline williammeikle

• Strong the force is...
    • View Profile
    • William Meikle
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 12:42:51 PM »
Hey, I'm in that one too :-)

Just helping you along with a wee bump, Tony. We Sherlockians have to hang together.

"One of the premier storytellers of our time" - FAMOUS MONSTERS OF FILMLAND
William Meikle | Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Free ebooks

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 04:35:14 PM »
Absolutely. Thanks, William.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2013, 12:52:28 PM »
And there's more Holmes fiction out there on Kindle. See my signature, below, for instance.

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
  • Love all, moderate all.
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 02:47:10 PM »
These look interesting, Tony! Checking out the first one. Any recommended reading order?
Flint and Flame: 15%

Authors: set up your own work-in-progress bar with our Author Sig tool.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2013, 04:17:34 PM »
Thanks so much, Harvey.

The first book on my signature is definitely the one to go for straight away ... it's a full-length novel, part of a series, and the next book in the line will be on Kindle within the next 2 weeks.

The second one is also a full-length novel, from Schusters/Pocket Books this time, and is only available to pre-order at the moment ... it's being released on 16 September.

Offline KBoards Admin

• Administrator
  • Bellingham WA
  • Love all, moderate all.
    • View Profile
    • KBoards
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2013, 04:21:18 PM »
Okay! Deadly Violet it is. Thank you!
Flint and Flame: 15%

Authors: set up your own work-in-progress bar with our Author Sig tool.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2013, 10:44:00 AM »
Hope you enjoy it. Let me know.