Author Topic: K3 Cover Envy: New Amazon Basic and Touch Covers; Suggest a K3 alternative???  (Read 1076 times)  

Offline rotipom

• View Profile
Hello folks,
I bought a Kindle Basic and matching Amazon leather cover for my dad and I am getting a major cover envy. The cover is beautiful, high quality, extremely well designed and fits the new kindles like a glove. I don't know why anyone would want to buy other branded covers! The leather feels very high quality and sumptuous to the hands and the new molded snap-in tray is ingenious and keeps the kindle slim and pocketable! The best thing about these new covers is that it disappears into the background.

I wish Amazon would make a similar cover for the K3. The current covers are ugly and bulky, IMHO.

Does anyone have a recommend a similar product for the K3? For a long time I coveted the handsome bookbindery cases available out there for k3 but have found them recently to be too bulky and the wood color distracting on the kindle when reading. Some suggestions for slim, disappearing covers for K3 would be much appreciated!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Cardinal

• View Profile
    I like my Oberons for my K3, I find them easy to hold, but they sound different than what you are looking for.

Offline rotipom

• View Profile
    Cardinal,
    Thanks for the tip! I think Oberon's tooling is gorgeous and I like their pewter elastic clasp a lot. However, I find any corner straps, leather or elastic for holding the Kindle a HUGE distraction in design. I have a Tuff-luv leather cover that is extremely well-made and after a few months of using it, any leather straps/pieces that come too close to the kindle or the keyboard becomes a MAJOR ANNOYANCE with prolonged use, so unfortunately until Oberon comes up with a custom-fit cradle (see www.fieldfolio.com for an example in ipad case design, or even Amazon's new touch and basic covers) they are sadly, not an option :(

I find custom-fit cradles or side grips (like Noreve's) offers better side protection to the kindle, but most importantly the design is such that nothing overlaps over or interferes with the top surface of the kindle. I find this to enhance Kindle usage and take advantage of the Kindle's clean design, especially in the latest models.

I ordered both a Portenzo case (time will tell if the light bamboo cradle is distracting) and a custom Treegloo case (www.treegloo.com) which ebonizes their wood frame so it matches my graphite kindle. Will review those when they come in!

-AT

« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 10:43:16 am by rotipom »

Offline rotipom

• View Profile
    Update.
    Just wrote a review on a FAB new custom-fitted case for the K3, affordable, light, slim and distracting free!
    https://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,100109.0.html
     ;D ;D ;D

Offline hudsonam

• View Profile
    I've never had one of the Amazon covers, so I'm not sure if this fits the bill, but for slim, attractive, well-made and light weight, I love my Octovo cover:

http://www.amazon.com/OCTOVO-black-leather-Kindle-Keyboard/dp/B0056WJ4A4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1326997674&sr=8-3

Offline dax123

• View Profile
    Hello folks,
    I bought a Kindle Basic and matching Amazon leather cover for my dad and I am getting a major cover envy. The cover is beautiful, high quality, extremely well designed and fits the new kindles like a glove. I don't know why anyone would want to buy other branded covers! The leather feels very high quality and sumptuous to the hands and the new molded snap-in tray is ingenious and keeps the kindle slim and pocketable! The best thing about these new covers is that it disappears into the background.

I wish Amazon would make a similar cover for the K3. The current covers are ugly and bulky, IMHO.

Does anyone have a recommend a similar product for the K3? For a long time I coveted the handsome bookbindery cases available out there for k3 but have found them recently to be too bulky and the wood color distracting on the kindle when reading. Some suggestions for slim, disappearing covers for K3 would be much appreciated!

Why I choose another brand of cover..I have the lighted cover for the basic kindle or baby kindle and I didn't like it. Light was pretty good, not perfect but good..but the cover isn't that nice..the front feels flimsy, no closure to keep it closed when in a purse or bag..and most annoying to me and why I took it off again..the leather is too slippery..they should have added some texture to the leather like with the K3 covers, then it would be easier to pick up and hold..now it's just too slippery to my liking. When picking it up I have to really be careful not to let it slip from my hands and it doesn't make holding it comfortable either..which is why when I switched to a Touch kindle I gave the lighted cover a slip and ordered the Marware Atlas in pink, that has an elastic strap to keep ot closed and has a nice grip on the inside so when you flip the front cover to the back you can slip your hand in for a comfortable grip. I guess Everyone has his own tastes. No amazon cover for me as long as they have the butt ugly colors and in the form it's now. Why they haven't released the beautiful bright yellow and orange I saw on a pic from the Live event introducing the new kindles is beyond me.

On my wishlist is to own an Oberon cover someday, as soon as I can make a choice in design and color which is so difficult. LOL

KBoards.com

• Advertisement