Author Topic: The Good Morning Thread  (Read 1440543 times)  

Offline NapCat (retired)

• Lighthouse Ranch, Nevada
    • View Profile
Re: The Good Morning Thread
« Reply #33300 on: April 12, 2020, 07:25:58 am »
Good Morning

Have a Peaceful and Safe day, wherever you are.

'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • Goodbye, Mr. Milquetoast
      • View Profile
      • Origami Turtle's photostream
    « Reply #33301 on: April 12, 2020, 11:41:54 am »
    Good morning from southern Arizona. It looks to be a sunny day after a cool, rainy, windy day yesterday.

My main task today will be Dusty proofing the master bedroom, aka cat proofing for a large and high jumping cat who will figure out the most annoying way to get attention. After we bring Sylvester home tomorrow, Dusty will be restricted to the master bedroom and master bath whenever we cannot closely supervise the two of them together.

I hope your day is full of health, joy, and wonder. Be excellent to each other, even if from a distance.
    « Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 09:51:37 pm by Annalog »

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33302 on: April 13, 2020, 05:54:05 am »
    Good morning.

40 degrees heading to 55 with some sunshine later. We received 2 inches of rain Saturday night into late Sunday morning. The sun shone for a couple of hours before more storms moved in. Those blew through rapidly without much rain falling at our house. But there are people to the south of us that are probably still without power this morning.

II has a postop visit with the surgeon today. We're still debating whether I'll go with him or not. Otherwise, just doing our norm around the house.

Hope your day goes well. Stay safe.

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
    • Member #1600 since January 15, 2009
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33303 on: April 13, 2020, 06:26:59 am »
    Good morning.  We ended up with some rain yesterday, no snow and no severe weather - YAY!  This morning the sun is shining even though it will be a cool day with temperatures in the 30s.

No interesting plans for the day.  Everyone stay safe and well.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33304 on: April 13, 2020, 06:54:52 am »
    Good Morning

Sunny 80s in the desert and I plan to spend the day outside, putzin'. With all the rain and wind we have had the place really needs tidying up.

Stay safe and healthy
    'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33305 on: April 14, 2020, 03:33:26 am »
    Good morning.  I'm checking in early today.  Nothing new to tell here; still cold, mostly sunny expected, maybe some rain, maybe some light snow later in the day.

Stay safe and well.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33306 on: April 14, 2020, 04:58:53 am »
    Good Morning

I am up early and full of energy.....already have vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen, loaded the dishwasher and started the laundry.  Gasp !  I suspect it was my new tea shipment that I had to sample at bedtime......duh

Two beautiful days on queue.  Sunny 80s..two of my rose bushes are almost 8 feet high (I need a ladder to prune them) and are starting to bloom, the flowering plums are putting out fruit and other flowering trees are blooming. Hummingbirds and Goldfinches are back !!

Lots to keep me busy

Keep Well and Happy everyone.

Welcome Home, Sylvester !!
    'da NapCat

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33307 on: April 14, 2020, 05:29:29 am »
    Good morning.
    Anna, I'm glad to hear that Sylvester is doing better.  When my male kitties had problems with getting blocked, I switched to using distilled water for their drinking bowls.  Since they didn't go outside I could make sure that was all they drank.  It seemed to help.
    We have a return to cooler weather in Central Texas.  It's 42 degrees this morning and we aren't even supposed to break 60.  That's a big change from the 90+ temps we saw last week.  I did laundry wrong.  I washed all my shorts, but didn't do the sweats.  Guess what's in the washing machine right now?
    I hope you all had a good weekend.  Have a great day.
    Stay safe.

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33308 on: April 14, 2020, 06:01:21 am »
    Good morning.

We'll be a little cooler today with an expected high of 53 and are supposed to get down into the 30s the next couple of nights.

The surgeon told II he was doing well and could do anything he would normally do. The shoulder will tell him if he pushes it too hard. Strengthening is now the goal at PT.

Allergy shot and bread baking on the to do list today. At least having to go to the allergy clinic and therapy helps us keep track of what day it is.

Enjoy your day. Stay safe.

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33309 on: April 14, 2020, 08:03:42 am »
    Good morning from southern Arizona. It is currently 48F and headed to a sunny 75F.

LL, glad that the surgeon told II that he has no restrictions and is doing well!

Andra, thanks for the tip! We will start filling the kitty drinking fountain with distilled water. UPDATE: Our vet told us to not use distilled water.

NapCat, Sylvester says thank you for the Welcome Home!

We phoned the vet in the morning, heard that Sylvester was doing great, and that we were to pick him up at 4 pm so that they could go over discharge instructions with us. Later, while we were waiting, they put Sylvester in his carrier and set him behind the reception desk where he could not see us. Shortly after he heard our voices he started meowing loudly and with a lot of vocal variety. He was telling us that he wanted to come home and how he felt about the whole situation. At one point between patients, the vet walked past and stopped in shock. "Is that Sylvester? He didn't make a sound the whole time he was here! I didn't think that he was a vocal cat." We assured her that he was when he had something to say. ;D We bought the special food, both dry and canned, and were told that we should transition him to entirely prescription canned food. We will be giving him an antibiotic each morning and a pain medication every three days until the meds are gone. Sylvester was quiet during this time but complained during most of the drive home.

After we were home, DH put Dusty in the bedroom and we let Sylvester out in the dining room, which we never use for dining, where we had set up his litter box on one side and his food and water on the opposite side. After a very short exploration, Sylvester went to the kitchen door where he could see the door to the back yard, his domain, and started meowing to be let out. After we told him a few times that wasn't possible, he laid down while looking longingly at the outside door. He got up periodically to drink water, use the litter box, and investigate his part of the house. Meanwhile Dusty would be on the other side of whichever door, kitchen/laundry or bedroom/living room, was closest to Sylvester. We kept going between the two sections. Twice Dusty got past DH and hissed at Sylvester. The second time, while I had Sylvester on my lap and was petting him, Dusty hissed and growled at Sylvester until DH came to get him and give Dusty special attention.

This was the first night we let Dusty sleep in our bedroom. It went surprisingly well with only three or four zooming periods.  Five or six other times Sylvester would call loudly to say that he really wanted to be in his outdoor coop and pen. Didn't we remember that was where he should be? Both cats are currently quiet. This will work out OK.

It is now time for Sylvester's morning meds.

I hope your day is full of health, joy, and wonder. Be excellent to each other, even if from a distance.
    « Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 06:38:59 am by Annalog »

Offline telracs

• NYC
    • peace, love, justice.... and chocolate.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33310 on: April 14, 2020, 12:41:27 pm »
    Back from my weekly excursion to the outside world.  Picked up a prescription and am a bit depressed because the very cute (and nice) pharmacist wasn't even born when I graduated from college!

Good news is that the shelves at the grocery store were pretty well stocked.  In fact, there was a HUGE display of paper towel and toilet paper (although there was a limit of 5 rolls of TP), plenty of water on the shelves.  However, there seemed to be a shortage of prepared meats and packaged cold cuts.   

But, I did score a new "frozen dessert".  Haagen Dazs amaretto black cherry almond.

Offline spotsmom

• Sunriver, Oregon
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33311 on: April 14, 2020, 03:12:35 pm »
    Late again! Sounds like a great ice cream flavor, Telracs. You deserve it! We have no dessert in the house today.  :o

And a big WELCOME HOME TO SYLVESTER! Yay! Glad he's home where he belongs.

Not much going on here. People seem to be (or want to be) complacent about distancing. I'd say only about 20% of folks in the grocery store late last week had masks. But it seems to be working as Oregon is looking good.

Stay safe and watch out for the crazy people.

Offline telracs

• NYC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33312 on: April 14, 2020, 03:44:23 pm »
    Late again! Sounds like a great ice cream flavor, Telracs. You deserve it! We have no dessert in the house today.  :o

And a big WELCOME HOME TO SYLVESTER! Yay! Glad he's home where he belongs.

Not much going on here. People seem to be (or want to be) complacent about distancing. I'd say only about 20% of folks in the grocery store late last week had masks. But it seems to be working as Oregon is looking good.

Stay safe and watch out for the crazy people.

i have LOTS of desserts to share! 
    Haagen Dazs amaretto as noted above.
    Haagen Dazs vanilla/caramel trio ice cream
    Ben and Jerry's almond milk based almond brittle caramel crunch
    i also have a couple of chocolate bars (dark chocolate with raspberry or hazelnut butter, and a lindt dark chocolate/chili bar)
    oh, and i still have one of the cheesecake factory decadent dessert single serve.

i finally finished the godiva cube truffles i bought before the quarantine. 
    i'm considering ordering something from godiva on-line.

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33313 on: April 15, 2020, 06:22:29 am »
    Good morning.

A little chilly here at 33, but we should get to a high of 64 or so with lots of sunshine.

I took a Benadryl last night as that is supposed to relieve some of the itching around the injection site. I think I'll just put up with the itching. Don't really need the additional sluggishness it causes two mornings a week. I'm already sluggish enough.

II working tonight so I'll be quiet this morning. I should get the mower out this afternoon, but can't say that really appeals.

My oatmeal bread turned out well. Guess I'll put that recipe into the keeper file.

Have a good day. Stay safe.

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33314 on: April 15, 2020, 06:31:18 am »
    Good morning.  We are in a winter wonderland this morning with a couple of inches of snow overnight, sigh ...

I made a loaf of wheat bread yesterday with a new recipe.  It did turn out softer than my wheat breads have been in the past when using all wheat flour, but I'm not wild about the taste of the honey I used (and only the 1/4C that the recipe called for) coming through for a sandwich bread.  I'll try it next time with a different sugar. 

LL, I'd love for you to share your oatmeal bread recipe (here or in PM).

Everyone stay safe and well.

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33315 on: April 15, 2020, 06:36:29 am »
    Good morning.  41 and sunny in Central Texas this morning.  I am sitting in my office with a heating pad on my back.  I twisted wrong when I got up yesterday and it is not settling down like it should.  Normally at this point I'd get a massage, but that's obviously out of the question...  I balanced the chemicals in the hot tub last night so I can get in it today.
    Welcome home Sylvester!  Anna, he may never get over wanting to be outside.  One of mine was like that.  He was about 13 when he finally decided that he liked being inside.  You can google "cat run" to see some ideas of making him an outside "pen" where he is more controlled.  Something like that might help.
    I saw a t-shirt yesterday from Alamo Drafthouse in an email about a new Bill and Ted movie - really!  The front of it said "Be Excellent to Each Other."  I am seriously thinking about ordering one.

Stay safe.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33316 on: April 15, 2020, 06:57:22 am »
    Good Morning

Beautiful day in the desert, headed to sunny 80s.  I got a text from CVS that prescriptions are ready, but I really do not feel like driving the 100 miles today.  I have plenty so will likely put the trip off.

I saw a baby roadrunner by the gates yesterday....too cool

Everyone keep well and happy !!
    'da NapCat

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33317 on: April 15, 2020, 08:30:38 am »
    Good morning from southern Arizona.

Thanks for the Welcome Home messages for Sylvester. Yesterday and last night went even better than the day before. Andra, we already have two pens outside where we would put Sylvester at night in the past. However they are not connected to the house. When we move, eventually, we will take one of those pens and connect it to the house we move to.

Telracs, thanks for sharing your desserts.

NapCat, congratulations on seeing the baby roadrunner!

I see that I didn't post on the 13th and on the 14th I focused on Sylvester and Dusty. What I left out was that DH took me out to breakfast (drive thru window at McDonald's) for our 47th wedding anniversary! For our anniversary dinner, I pulled a couple Mod pizzas out of the freezer and put them in the oven. Our anniversary gift was getting Sylvester back and it cost less than the state tax refund that was automatically deposited that morning! It may not have been our most exciting anniversary but it was a very good one!  :D

Today I am back to making masks and fiddling with the sewing machine.

Offline telracs

• NYC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33318 on: April 15, 2020, 09:46:01 am »
    Hey, Annalog.... if you have an extra mask, can you mail one to me.  I felt kind of naked without one yesterday, but i REALLY hate them.  And happy belated anniversary.

Today is my weekly online unemployment claim day, so i took care of that, and as a friend had texted, there was an extra payment last week, so with that and my state income tax refund posted, i'm not stressing bill paying as much this month. 

I seemed to have overdone yesterday and pulled my back and am now in pain.  I have one last thermacare wrapper, i may use it later. 

Offline spotsmom

• Sunriver, Oregon
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33319 on: April 15, 2020, 04:34:55 pm »
    If I say good morning you may not catch exactly when I wrote this.

Hey, NapCat, CVS should be willing to mail those at no charge. Won't hurt to ask.

Annalog, if my DH was younger I would ask him to construct a "catio" for my indoor cat. There are lots of plans online. My cat has never been out, thankfully. Where we live that would not be a good thing.

Went and got cat litter today. The Petco guy brought it right to my car after I ordered and paid online. Then 100 lbs of sunflower seed for the birds. I did go in the store and things were more stocked than ever before. Even got Udderly Chocolate ice cream!

Crebel, you can have the snow. Nothing like spring weather.

Onward and upward.

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33320 on: April 15, 2020, 07:03:39 pm »
    Annalog, belated anniversary greetings. Glad you had a good day.

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33321 on: April 16, 2020, 01:28:50 am »
    Good morning. At 4:20 AM it is 46 degrees, going up to 51. It's been cold inside for me. No heat. 69 inside according to my digital clock. It was cold even when I played flute for 15 minutes last night, so I put a fleece pullover on.

Got my stimulus money by direct deposit on Wednesday. They are not going out all at the same time and the checks . . . well you know the story about the checks and the name on them.

I stayed in on Wednesday, except to take out garbage. Picked up mail and was happy to receive the New Yorker magazine almost on time. I went out Tuesday to drop off laundry. Will pick up tomorrow. Each errand now is a big deal and I do no more than one per day. I did stop off at CVS and wine store after I dropped off the laundry. The 7pm #clapbecausewecare went off when I got out of the laundromat on 10th Ave. Lots of pots and pans, maybe some were cow bells.

Last Saturday felt like Sunday. This was the 2nd Sunday in a row that my brother and his kids were going to do a zoom call with me, but there was none on Easter after all. Nephew Hunter in Birmingham was going to initiate it. His two girls arrived in the afternoon (after a stay with grandparents in NC for a few weeks), so I think he had his hands full. I missed the previous Sunday's zoom call that niece Nancy set up because I misread the text and thought it was going to be at 5:00. It was at 3:00. Felt stupid! Called my niece later and left message, but she never called back.

Hope you all have a good day and please stay well.
    New York, NY
    Flutist, Legal Services Professional
    Readers:  Paperwhite 2 (2013), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33322 on: April 16, 2020, 05:30:07 am »
    Good morning. We have cold temperatures this morning of 28 and dropping.  Yesterday's 2" of snow melted by late afternoon.  It is now snowing again, real snow, not flurries.  There is already a new inch of snow on the ground and we are in a winter weather advisory with 6-8" of snow expected by morning.  This is crazy and I am more than ready to jump into a new timeline.  ::)

On the bright side, everything will look beautiful through the windows and folks will be less anxious to congregate outside.

Stay safe and be well.

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33323 on: April 16, 2020, 06:45:01 am »
    Wow Chris!  I thought we were unusually cold in the 40s.  At least we don't have snow.  Although, come to think of it, now would be a perfect time.  We wouldn't need to shut down the city because we are already shut down.
    The sun is already shining and it looks like it will end up being a pretty day.
    I still have the heating pad on my back.  At least it didn't bother me last night.  I think I'm going to purchase a gift certificate from my massage therapist.  That way I have it ready once I can use it.
    Happy Anniversary Anna.  You keep mentioning Mod Pizza - I think we have one of those near the Target by our house.  I may have to check them out.
    Have a wonderful day.  Stay safe!

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33324 on: April 16, 2020, 07:13:17 am »
    Good Morning

Beautiful sunrise in the desert, but with clouds and rain showers moving in later.  I may run into "town" to pick up my prescriptions and any basics (read "catfood") I may be running low on.

Be Careful and Keep Well, My Friends
    'da NapCat

KBoards.com

• Advertisement