Author Topic: The Good Morning Thread  (Read 1440474 times)  

Online loonlover

• Arkansas
    • View Profile
Re: The Good Morning Thread
« Reply #33325 on: April 16, 2020, 07:19:02 am »
Good morning.

We were chilly again this morning at 38, but will warm up nicely into the 70s.

II just went to bed; I'm to get him up at 1:00 so he can make his PT appointment. I plan on driving him again so will get in some reading while I wait. We'll probably bring supper home. Then I'm going to try to make myself do some mowing. The yard wasn't dry enough yesterday to attempt it.

Have a good day. Stay safe.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • Goodbye, Mr. Milquetoast
      • View Profile
      • Origami Turtle's photostream
    « Reply #33326 on: April 16, 2020, 07:31:21 am »
    Good morning from southern Arizona.

Andra, Mod Pizza is one of the few places where the GF pizza crusts did not cause me intestinal upset. They have regular crusts, GF crusts, and now GF cauliflower crusts. They have nutrition and allergen info online. The pizzas are priced by the size and crust option. Then you choose the toppings, as many as you want, with no additional change to the price. They have a nice online ordering app. I have been impressed by how they started dealing with the current situation before it was mandated. The first time that I ordered a double set of pizzas, I asked how best to freeze them. I was told to let them cool in the box, then freeze them in their boxes, and follow the reheat instructions on the side of the box. The instructions said to preheat oven to 550F, put pizza on a baking sheet, and bake for 3 minutes. My oven only goes to 500F and I bake them for about 5 minutes. My husband gets a more normal pizza with regular 11 inch crust, red sauce, mozzarella,  parmesan, pepperoni, and mushrooms. I go overboard with 11 inch cauliflower crust, garlic rub, red sauce, asiago, gorgonzola, mozzarella, parmesan, grilled chicken, pepperoni, spicy chicken sausage, roasted corn, roasted garlic, red onion, tomato slices, and roasted broccoli, if it is in season. That 11 inch pizza can be two or three meals for me, although I have been known to eat the entire pizza for a single meal.

I will be watching more sewing machine repair videos today. Now my machine is jamming every few inches while sewing masks but not when sewing two test pieces of fabric. I will pick up mom's machine from my sister on Saturday when DH and I go to Tucson to help my sister with moving stuff out of mom's house in preparation for a nephew and his family moving in. They are moving back to Tucson after being away for many years. We will be focusing on making the house safe for an inquisitive and active two year old. In other words, moving household chemicals to the storage room and breakable stuff elsewhere.

I hope your day is full of health, joy, and wonder. Be excellent to each other, even if from a distance.

Offline telracs

• NYC
    • peace, love, justice.... and chocolate.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33327 on: April 16, 2020, 12:07:52 pm »
    *staggers in*
    okay, i just managed to pull myself out of bed... i did something stupid yesterday, around 10 PM I started reading a new anthology of short stories....
    and reading... and reading....  and reading....
    finally went to bed at 7:30 AM.  oy... i'm going to pay for this later.

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
    • Member #1600 since January 15, 2009
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33328 on: April 17, 2020, 04:04:25 am »
    Good morning.  We have 8" of snow already on the ground and it is still snowing this morning!   :o  I can remember being in the family car during a blizzard in early April of 1973.  A normal driving time of 90 minutes took my dad over 6 hours to get home.  I don't remember there being this much snow when that one was all over.  Judging from tree and bush branches bent to the ground, it is a heavy and wet snow.  No electric outages, though! *knock on wood*  I should go back through my good morning posts since 2010 and see if I mention April snow any other time, maybe I've blocked it from my memory banks.  :D ::)

Even crazier, the weather persons say the snow is likely to be completely gone some time tomorrow with temperatures climbing to almost 70.  It does not sound like flooding is a concern this go round, so that's another plus!

Stay safe. Be well.

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33329 on: April 17, 2020, 05:57:39 am »
    Happy Friday!!!  (Yes, it's really Friday.  I checked several sources that verified it.)
    It's 61 and sunny here this morning.  I have meetings all day - what a surprise - and then a grocery order to pick up between 3-4pm.  We'll see how that goes.  They cancelled my last order an hour before I was supposed to pick it up.  If that happens again, I'm boycotting Walmart's grocery service until all this virus mess is over.  Governor Abbott is supposed to have a conference at noon to talk about opening the state back up.  I'm curious to hear his plan.
    Have a great day and stay safe!

Online loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33330 on: April 17, 2020, 06:15:48 am »
    Good morning.

48 degrees heading to 68 with maybe some rain this afternoon and evening.

Sure glad I made myself mow last night. Don't think the yard will ever look very good this year but at least for the moment the weeds aren't quite as tall.

I mailed a package on 4/7 via guaranteed overnight delivery to our youngest in Texas. It was supposed to arrive on Tuesday, but didn't get there until Thursday. I knew it was in trouble when I saw it went to Shreveport instead of Dallas. So, yesterday I went back to the Post Office and got a refund. Much easier process than the actual mailing had been. We are in close proximity to 3 Post Offices - don't think I will use this one again.

No specific plans for the day except the allergy shot. I'm sure I can find something to do, however.

Hope your day goes well. Stay safe.

Offline Jane917

• Ridgefield, WA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33331 on: April 17, 2020, 07:31:22 am »
    It is 40 here in the southwest WA, but heading into the 70s today. I have bread ready for the oven soon so that I don't heat up the house later today. Tomorrow the rain is supposed to start again, and I will go back to mask making. Today I will try to be outside and get some exercise. I am grateful for very good walkability and little traffic where I live. Stay well and be excellent to one another.
    Words with Friends: Jane917

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline NapCat (retired)

• Lighthouse Ranch, Nevada
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33332 on: April 17, 2020, 10:05:08 am »
    Good Morning

Partly cloudy 60s with high wind in the desert.  I am glad I went to "town" yesterday and got it over with.  I drove through the Wildlife Refuge which is beautiful in Spring bloom, but it was sad to see all the Trailheads and Boardwalks chained closed with warning signs.  There was NO line at the CVS drive up which surprised me and shopping in the grocery store was pretty much normal. Gas is under $2.00/gallon !

Coming home was beautiful with the snow-capped Sierra Nevada Mountains clearly visible and wildflowers in the valleys.

Judging from the variety of protective garb folks are wearing, we are still very much afraid and confused...hopefully our leadership is on the right track with "reopening" plans.

Keep Well and Happy, My friends
    'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33333 on: April 17, 2020, 10:59:03 am »
    Good morning from southern Arizona.

Sylvester is becoming more adjusted to house cat life but still wants outside. Isolating him inside and separated from Dusty when they are not very closely supervised is letting us verify that he is definitely not blocked, drinking plenty of water, and eating the correct food. Dusty still is hissing at Sylvester and Sylvester is his stoic self. Dusty is a drama king and a bit more needy than usual. All is going well.

Readjusted the needle bar a bit lower, oiled my machine, and changed the needle again. My sewing machine much closer to normal! I am hoping to get a full day of sewing in today.

I hope your day is full of health, joy, and wonder. Be excellent to each other, even if from a distance.

Offline telracs

• NYC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33334 on: April 17, 2020, 12:37:00 pm »
    l wanted to check my bank balances, mail a check and pick up some goodies, so I went out for a bit of a walk to a different store today. 
    Looks like my stimulus check posted, and my not doing something last year is actually working to my advantage this year...

Store I went to did not have the two things I wanted, so i was a bit disappointed.  and fortunately, i had a scarf with me, so I could "cover" my mouth and nose and be allowed in the store.  The "Arab" supermarket had a LOOOOOOONG line outside, since they are only allowing 15 people in their store at a time.  But people.... if you are waiting on line, you need to stay apart from each other. 

Looks like the bank near me has reopened the branch, and taken one of the ATMs out of service, but allowing multiple people into the ATM lobby.

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33335 on: April 17, 2020, 11:38:33 pm »
    *staggers in*
    okay, i just managed to pull myself out of bed... i did something stupid yesterday, around 10 PM I started reading a new anthology of short stories....
    and reading... and reading....  and reading....
    finally went to bed at 7:30 AM.  oy... i'm going to pay for this later.

I've been doing a lot this -- getting to bed between 6-8AM. The worst thing is when I still cannot get to sleep! That happened Friday morning and I had to look at the phone for a while. Got up at 5:00. Colored my hair. I was growing out for 2-1/2 months and I thought I might leave it until this time of unpleasantness is over. Something came over me when I got up that this would be a very easy thing to do for myself, and it was.

44 and rainy here now. I did not get out at all on Friday and that was fine. Thursday evening I picked up laundry and with my face covered felt short of breath walking uphill and up the 4 flights of stairs.

Received a few group texts from family. Nephew had a tailgate pizza party with his two daughters and posted a photo. Niece was having hot dogs and chicken with her daughter.

Good morning and hope everyone stays well. Thanks for being here!
    New York, NY
    Flutist, Legal Services Professional
    Readers:  Paperwhite 2 (2013), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33336 on: April 18, 2020, 04:12:47 am »
    Good morning.  We ended up with a final total of 10" of snow yesterday.  After temperatures made it into the 40s, much of it is already gone.  Today it's supposed to be sunny and 70 so what's left will disappear shortly. 

I can hear the spring songbirds this morning - I think they were pretty confused yesterday.  I did put out extra birdseed yesterday and the feeder stayed very busy.  That was enjoyable to watch through the windows.

No interesting plans for the day.  Everyone stay safe and be well.

Online loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33337 on: April 18, 2020, 05:58:10 am »
    Good morning.

We should have a pleasant day with sunshine and a high around 64. I haven't checked the rain gauge to see if what rain fell late last evening was even measurable. Thunderstorms move in tonight and may be possible for most of tomorrow.

I'm trying to figure out how much work I want to do to fix breakfast. I may just bake a couple of biscuits and say that's enough for this morning.

No plans for the day.  This was a weekend where a show had been scheduled all 3 days. Really seems strange to not be going to work when April and May are usually the 2 busiest months at the arena.

Everyone stay safe.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33338 on: April 18, 2020, 09:23:10 am »
    Good Morning

Cloudy with rain showers in the desert.  The creosotes have bloomed putting out a wonderful perfume.  The  humidity is over 95% which is rough on this old arthritic desert cat...so I will likely spend most of the day in front of the fireplace.

Hope everyone is doing well this weekend
    'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

Offline telracs

• NYC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33339 on: April 18, 2020, 02:15:29 pm »
    I've been doing a lot this -- getting to bed between 6-8AM. The worst thing is when I still cannot get to sleep! That happened Friday morning and I had to look at the phone for a while. Got up at 5:00. Colored my hair. I was growing out for 2-1/2 months and I thought I might leave it until this time of unpleasantness is over. Something came over me when I got up that this would be a very easy thing to do for myself, and it was.

44 and rainy here now. I did not get out at all on Friday and that was fine. Thursday evening I picked up laundry and with my face covered felt short of breath walking uphill and up the 4 flights of stairs.

Received a few group texts from family. Nephew had a tailgate pizza party with his two daughters and posted a photo. Niece was having hot dogs and chicken with her daughter.

Good morning and hope everyone stays well. Thanks for being here!

i went to bed around 1 this morning.  Well, i got INTO bed, but tossed and turned until 4 AM...

staying in today, as my allergies are acting up and today's weather is yucky.

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33340 on: April 18, 2020, 05:19:13 pm »
    Good afternoon from southern Arizona. Today DH and I went to Tucson to help my sister move some heavy boxes from mom's house to a storage unit.

I volunteered to reassemble bowling trophies that my mother and father received when we were kids. Both my parents had bowled perfect games in their time. (Mom, in her early seventies, still bowled a great game. I could never bowl that many strikes and spares in a row! I could rarely turn a split into a spare!) The decades have not been good to the adhesives. When they are repaired, they will be distributed to various interested family members.

While we were in Tucson, I stopped at Sprouts to get some items not available in Benson. We also stopped at a Mod Pizza restaurant to pick up two pizzas each (6 meals for each of us). We find ourselves splurging on foods that we enjoy. I am just glad that my weight is staying fairly stable. ;)

We got home just after the predicted hot, dry winds arrived. DH's allergies are acting up while mine have subsided. (Mine are more affected by damp air.)

Now that I am home, I am back to sewing masks. I am so glad for Phantom of the Opera available from The Shows Must Go On! this weekend. Wonderful for making masks to. I can move my Fire easily from cutting table to sewing table as needed. I suspect that I will see it at least 5 times before it is unavailable for free or donation.  ;D

« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 05:21:02 pm by Annalog »

Offline telracs

• NYC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33341 on: April 18, 2020, 06:31:39 pm »
    Good afternoon from southern Arizona. Today DH and I went to Tucson to help my sister move some heavy boxes from mom's house to a storage unit.

We got home just after the predicted hot, dry winds arrived. DH's allergies are acting up while mine have subsided. (Mine are more affected by damp air.)

Now that I am home, I am back to sewing masks. I am so glad for Phantom of the Opera available from The Shows Must Go On! this weekend. Wonderful for making masks to. I can move my Fire easily from cutting table to sewing table as needed. I suspect that I will see it at least 5 times before it is unavailable for free or donation.  ;D

I tried watching POTO, but I hate being forced to watch where the cameras are pointing.  And some of the camera work/backgrounds were making me dizzy.
    As per the comment, you have until 11 am Pacific time Sunday to watch it....

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33342 on: April 18, 2020, 09:05:14 pm »
    I tried watching POTO, but I hate being forced to watch where the cameras are pointing.  And some of the camera work/backgrounds were making me dizzy.
    As per the comment, you have until 11 am Pacific time Sunday to watch it....
    Maybe it was good then that I spent most of the time watching my cutting and sewing and just listening to the music. ;D

Online loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33343 on: April 19, 2020, 05:44:00 am »
    Good morning.

Had some thunder during the night, but don't think much rain fell. It is supposed to start raining again this afternoon. An expected high of 63 for the day.

Just a normal Sunday in store for us.

Have a peaceful Sunday. Stay safe.

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33344 on: April 19, 2020, 07:14:27 am »
    Good morning.  The snow is gone and things should start drying out today.  A quiet day on the agenda here too.

Did anyone watch the One World concert last night?  I thought the final number of The Prayer with Celine Dion, Andrea Bocelli, Lady Gaga, Lang-Lang, and John Legend was magnificent.  I could listen to it over and over.  Someone with better YouTube linking skills than I have should link it here.

Stay safe. Be well.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33345 on: April 19, 2020, 08:36:31 am »
    Good Morning

We have a beautiful day in the desert...sunny 80s.  I am going to do some off-roading with my camara and try to capture the Spring desert bloom.  I may wash the car when I get back (of course, that will bring on a typhoon !!)

Keep Well and Happy, my Friends
    'da NapCat

Online loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33346 on: April 20, 2020, 05:59:09 am »
    Good morning.

We ended up getting another 3/4 inch of rain yesterday evening. Back to soggy ground. But,once the morning fog lifts, we're to be in the 70s with sunny skies today.

II has PT this afternoon and he is working tonight. I'll be heading to Kroger while he has therapy for a pickup order. I was sort of surprised Saturday that I was able to get a slot for when I wanted it this afternoon. Anyway, it'll combine the trip with another necessary one, and II won't have to drive home after they wear him out at therapy.

Hope your day is a good one. Stay safe.

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33347 on: April 20, 2020, 07:36:52 am »
    Good morning.  It's 62 and cloudy this morning and we are heading to temps in the mid 80s this afternoon.  We got some rain over the weekend, but none of the storms that were predicted for our area.  I'm fine with that.  Things are weird enough now without throwing bad weather into the mix.
    I have definitely come to the conclusion that I don't want to work from home full-time.  I think it might be good occasionally and I don't miss my daily drive across Austin, but I miss being around other people.
    Stay safe.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33348 on: April 20, 2020, 07:39:03 am »
    Good Morning

Nice desert sunrise but with some clouds, wind and rain moving in later. 

One of the problems with knowing no one is going to drop by, is a case of the "Why Bother"s (why bother putting the vacuum away?, why bother folding the laundry?, Why bother rolling the garden hoses up?, Etc...).  So today will be a catch up cleaning/de-cluttering day both in & out.

Hope everyone is doing well as we enter another week of strangeness....
    'da NapCat

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33349 on: April 20, 2020, 10:51:23 am »
    Good morning from southern Arizona. We are headed to a sunny day in the low 80s with a fire alert warning.

I spent yesterday sewing masks and will be doing that for as long as necessary. Crebel, I will see if I can find the One World program to listen to. Most will be for the hospital but some will be for others. Yesterday I saw a pattern for a quilted Plague Doctor mask. I plan on making one of those after I stop making practical ones. I am saving all my fabric scraps from mask makiing for projects after this is over, many of the scraps are shaped like leaves, petals, or stems. Maybe one of the projects will be a flower quilt.

Sylvester is doing very well inside. He is mellow and seems to want to be friendly with Dusty. Dusty,  however, still hisses and growls at Sylvester. We are still on supervised visits between them.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement