Author Topic: The Good Morning Thread  (Read 1440558 times)  

Online Andra

• Austin, TX
  • madhouse escapee #671
    • View Profile
Re: The Good Morning Thread
« Reply #33350 on: April 21, 2020, 06:50:38 am »
Good morning.  It's 67 going on 85 in Central Texas today.
We just got back from taking Ginger for a walk around the block.  I haven't been walking because of my back, so this was the first time in a week that I've been any distance from the house.  I am tired...  My back is better since I started using the doclofenac patch during the day and stretching in the morning and evening.  I swear, the next time I go up to the office, I'm taking DH's truck so I can bring my desk chair home. 
Have a wonderful day and stay safe.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline NapCat (retired)

• Lighthouse Ranch, Nevada
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33351 on: April 21, 2020, 07:45:57 am »
    Good Morning

Cloudy with rainshowers in the desert....we had heavy rain overnight so everything is soggy again.

I hope everyone is doing well...
    'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33352 on: April 21, 2020, 08:48:11 am »
    Good morning.

We're to have a high in the 80s today with lots of sunshine and more rain moving in overnight.

Pickup ordering and I don't seem to do well together. After sitting for an hour waiting for my order, I called and asked how much longer it might be. She checked, said it shouldn't be much longer so I asked if I left to pick up my husband from PT, would I not lose my order. She stated it should be waiting by the door when I got back. We still waited for a few minutes, then were told the delay (by this time almost 1 1/2 hours since my arrival) was due to not being able to find the gatorade that had been pulled for the order. It seems to me pulling another item would have been better than making customers wait while they hunted the original one down would have made more sense. (I know, inventory control and all that enters in.) But, there weren't that many people there, but it was usually 10-12 minutes between orders being brought to cars. I just can't see this being the way most people will continue to shop.

But, this morning I ventured to Fresh Market and Trader Joe's with much speedier results and only one thing on my list wasn't available. I also stopped for bird seed at TSC. Everyone at all 3 places was being pretty good about social distancing and we should be in good shape for quite a while. Now, the only thing left to do is venture out this afternoon for my allergy shot once II wakes up.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Stay safe.

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • Goodbye, Mr. Milquetoast
      • View Profile
      • Origami Turtle's photostream
    « Reply #33353 on: April 21, 2020, 10:28:21 am »
    Good morning from southern Arizona. It is currently sunny and in the high 50s and headed to the low 80s.

Something upset Sylvester and he spent most of yesterday in various hiding places. I am not sure if he is upset with me giving him meds every day, stopping him from going outside through a window that DH left open about 3 inches, or if he is in pain. He gets his pain meds today (every 3 days). He was in one of his hiding places this morning. I laid down on the floor nearby where I could just reach in to pet him. He started purring. When I stopped and got up, he left that hiding place and is now up in his cat tree, staring out the window. He is eating and drinking ok but he didn't eat or drink much yesterday. Maybe he is just tired of his enforced Stay at Home Inside.

I listened to many performances from One World: Together At Home on the Global Citizen channel on YouTube while sewing. I started crying during the video of Taylor Swift performing "Soon You'll Get Better" as I was thinking of my own mom's fight with cancer. Then I thought of my brother's battle with anaplastic thyroid cancer, my dad dying of undiagnosed Epstein Barr virus, and all the other friends and family who have died over the years. The loss of them all still hurts. I am more determined than ever to ensure that my actions help others as much as possible. Even more, I do not want any of my actions to cause grief for others.

I hope your day is full of health, joy, and wonder. Be excellent to each other, even if from a distance.

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33354 on: April 22, 2020, 05:40:03 am »
    Good morning.

Rain and a high of 70 is the forecast for the day.

Some food prep and laundry on my agenda for today. At least we don't have to go anywhere in the rain.

Make your day a wonderful one. Stay safe.

Online Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33355 on: April 22, 2020, 05:48:42 am »
    Good morning.  69 and cloudy here with an 80% chance of thunderstorms today.  If the forecast is correct, we may have some decent weather this weekend.  That would be nice because we are still trying to get stuff together to go over to the storage unit.

When we were in California last October, one of the highlights of our trip was the Monterey Bay Aquarium.  I don't usually like aquariums, but I could have spent all day in the room with the jellyfish tanks.  Yesterday we discovered that they now have live cams in the aquarium, including one of the jellies!  It's only live 9am-8pm (Pacific time), but they do have a shorter pre-recorded look that they play after hours.  If you need something to help you relax, give it a try:
    https://www.montereybayaquarium.org/animals/live-cams/jelly-cam

It's also available on YouTube during live hours:
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gHKDHmgVlU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gHKDHmgVlU</a>

Have a great day and stay safe.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33356 on: April 22, 2020, 06:51:15 am »
    Good Morning

Well, the "Weather-Guessers" were not even close yesterday as we had some heavy rain...now they are calling for sunny 80s-90s for the next week....we will see...if true I hope to wash the car and windows.

I hope everyone is doing well.
    Be safe

Andra:  I could not agree more about the jellyfish tanks (sort of like huge Lava Lamps).  I have been to the Monterey Bay Aquarium several times and surprisingly, the Mandalay Bay Hotel in Las Vegas has an excellent full sized aquarium with a jellyfish room.

Thanks for the link.
    'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33357 on: April 22, 2020, 08:57:37 am »
    Good morning from southern Arizona. Same forecast as yesterday: sunny in the low 80s. At least the fire alert is gone.

I hope to do some gardening and food prep today.

I hope your day is full of health, joy, and wonder. Be excellent to each other, even if from a distance.

Offline telracs

• NYC
    • peace, love, justice.... and chocolate.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33358 on: April 22, 2020, 11:40:20 am »
    afternoon.  i had planned to do my weekly shopping yesterday, but by the time i was ready, the rain had moved in....

got up at a decent hour today, put myself together and started to go out.  got downstairs and saw a big box with my apartment number on it.  also checked my mailbox and there was a nice envelope in it (thanks Anna).  took my candy delivery and new masks upstairs then went out to the supermarket sporting my new Frozen face mask.

market was well stocked and not too crowded. 

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33359 on: April 23, 2020, 05:40:45 am »
    Good morning.

53 degrees and heading to the 70s with hopefully some sunshine this afternoon. Between 1 1/2 and 2 inches of rain fell yesterday. I need my boots out in the backyard for more reasons than avoiding fire ants right now.

II has PT this afternoon. Haven't decided yet where he'll get our supper from.

Otherwise, no particular plans. I really need to change that mindset, just haven't been successful.

Have a good day. Stay safe.

Online Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33360 on: April 23, 2020, 05:49:45 am »
    Andra:  I could not agree more about the jellyfish tanks (sort of like huge Lava Lamps).  I have been to the Monterey Bay Aquarium several times and surprisingly, the Mandalay Bay Hotel in Las Vegas has an excellent full sized aquarium with a jellyfish room.
    Thanks for the link.
    NapCat, I've been to Mandalay Bay in Vegas, but I don't remember jellyfish.  I'll have to put it on the list if we ever get out that way again.  There was a method to our madness last year in CA, but if we go back I want to spend more time in Monterey.

Good morning.  It's 59 right now and we should be sunny and mid-80s by this afternoon.  We got lucky yesterday and the bad weather missed us.  We stayed under a tornado watch until 5:00pm, and I was really glad when it ended.
    We are actually making some small steps towards some of the cleaning up that we wanted to do.  We are going to hang the bicycles in the garage and put DH's big BBQ pit in the garage where they were sitting.  He has decided that he wants a small propane grill to keep on the patio instead.  I have to admit that I think he'll use the propane more since it's faster.  Using wood or charcoal is a more time-consuming process.
    I have to make a run out to the pharmacy today to pick up a prescription that was filled locally instead of mail order for some reason.  I don't really care how they fill it as long as I get my 90-day supply, but it's curious and I really need to find out what happened.
    Work is going well, but I am ready to be back in the office.

Stay safe.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33361 on: April 23, 2020, 06:37:47 am »
    Good Morning

Yesterday we reached 97 !  Went from Fireplace to Air Conditioning in less than 12 hours.  It felt good to work in the sun and dry out these old bones.  I am restoring a rock garden slope that the cats have been digging in chasing lizards, so that is today's project. 

Take Care and Keep Your Spirits Up, my Friends
    'da NapCat

Offline Jane917

• Ridgefield, WA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33362 on: April 23, 2020, 07:36:42 am »
    It is 48 now, working its way up to mid 60s later today. No rain in the forecast, but I expect it will be cloudy all day. Our puppy Jovi gets to go on her first walk in public, staying off grass and soil. She has one more booster shot to go. Fortunately we live in a quiet neighborhood in a semi rural area. Next to our housing area is an undeveloped housing area. The streets are in, but no houses or people yet. It is backed up to green space (forested), so it is a very quiet and serene area to walk. That will change as soon as houses are built, but it is perfect now for walking dogs.

We have FaceTimed kids and grandkids. Just not enough contact.  Have a good day. Hope you can all get outside a bit to breathe the air. My brother and I were talking about the first Earth Day yesterday, and he commented that the Los Angele (where we were 50 years ago) skies were more clear now than they were 50 years ago for the first Earth Day.
    Words with Friends: Jane917

(Make your own reading bar)

Online Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33363 on: April 24, 2020, 05:26:41 am »
    Happy Friday!  This weeks feels like it was a month long!  It's 62 now, but our high is supposed to be in the 90s this afternoon.

Jane, I've heard news reports from all over the globe that things are much less polluted since so many people are staying at home.  I think the one that impressed me the most was watching a jellyfish swimming in the canals of Venice.  (I think I'm on a jellyfish kick for some reason)  There's a lesson in this for all of us, but I don't know how we can keep things cleaner once we go back to work.  There is too much of my job that depends on in-person interactions for me to work at home full-time.  And with summer coming, my 2nd floor office will get harder and harder to keep comfortable in the afternoons.

I've got an appointment for someone to look at my back today since it's been almost two weeks and I'm still not completely out of pain.  Other than that, it's just one meeting after another.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Stay safe.

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33364 on: April 24, 2020, 05:57:49 am »
    Good morning.

We're heading to a high around 75 with the possibility of more thunderstorms late this afternoon and overnight. I really need to mow. Maybe it will dry out enough to get that done by Monday before more rain rolls in.

Allergy shot this morning. Depends on what time we go whether we might bring something home or have our leftover homemade pizza for lunch. We have discovered that putting two slices together and reheating them on the Griddler makes a sort of panini style sandwich.

No matter what we do, though, bread baking needs to happen today.

Have a good day. Stay safe.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33365 on: April 24, 2020, 06:38:15 am »
    Good Morning

Beautiful desert sunrise.....headed to the 90s.

I know I am not the only one old enough to remember the days of the Friday Afternoon Office Party...where as closing time approached, work started disappearing from desks to be replaced by paper cups of wine, cheese trays appeared and the boss's special scotch arrived with good cigars!!  Of course modern rules do not allow such frivolity, however, those of you working at home these days do not have HR and Safety looking over your shoulder, so PARTY ON ! and HAPPY FRIDAY !

Keep Safe and Happy this weekend.
    'da NapCat

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33366 on: April 25, 2020, 05:41:35 am »
    Good morning.

It looks like it will be a pretty day with a high in the 70s again. Had a thunderstorm roll through late last night, but the worst of it stayed to the south of us. Maybe we'll dry out a bit today.

II working tonight so not much in the works for today. The bread recipe I used yesterday was the one I used almost 50 years ago to catch a husband. Where has the time gone. It still worked well except now I let the stand mixer do the kneading.

Hope your weekend is a good one. Stay safe.

Offline Jane917

• Ridgefield, WA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33367 on: April 25, 2020, 07:31:01 am »
    NapCat, I am also old enough to remember the Friday afternoon office parties. I was an educator and no one gave another thought to the bottle that was poured in the punch. We also had occasional staff breakfasts with spiked punch. What were we thinking?

loonlover, I am also a bread baker, but have switched to sourdough starters and long ferments. I don't knead anymore, but do a few stretch and folds. My last grocery trip even scored me some flour. I was running low and too many people are hoarding it.

It is a drizzly 53 in Ridgefield (just north of Portland, but on the WA side of the river). We will have temps in the 60s all week with showers periodically. We are breaking in a new puppy, so are doing our best to wipe off wet paws. The paws are winning.

Stay safe and be excellent.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 07:32:49 am by Jane917 »
    Words with Friends: Jane917

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33368 on: April 25, 2020, 09:25:23 am »

The bread recipe I used yesterday was the one I used almost 50 years ago to catch a husband. It still worked well....

...another husband ?
    'da NapCat

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33369 on: April 25, 2020, 10:32:54 am »
    Good morning from southern Arizona. Another sunny day.

Early Thursday morning, DH and I drove to Kartchner Caverns State Park so that I could do a virtual Everyone Runs/Everyone Walks Catalina State Park 5.3 mile trail race. DH came as race assistant. I used the change from cement to trail at the parking lot as the start and finish line. We took trails to the trail head of Guindani Trail #398 in the Coronado National Forest. We did that loop trail and returned to the finish line. I apparently picked a more difficult trail than the usual race trail as it took me 5:27:54 to cover 5.54 miles. My usual time for the race is around 2.5 hours. We had a wonderful time. I made my Facebook post with photos public and it should be at https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10213986605013911&id=1674040643.

Yesterday I woke up early and had a shower followed by a long Epsom Salt bath. Then I sewed masks. I will be sewing more today.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 07:07:00 am by Annalog »

Offline telracs

• NYC
    • peace, love, justice.... and chocolate.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33370 on: April 25, 2020, 12:36:09 pm »
    60 degrees and sunny here, and i just could not stay in another day.  decided to walk in a slightly different direction today and see if a local bakery was open and support them.  well, they were open, but because they are a small store, they were only allowing a couple of people inside at a time.  i sat on a bench for a while to wait, but the line got longer and people were slow, so just decided to head home.  maybe i'll try again during the week, should be fewer people then.

on the way there i walked on the avenue where all the (mostly closed) stores are, but on the way back, i went along the residential streets.  saw lots of pretty tulips in bloom, and a gorgeous magnolia tree. 

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33371 on: April 26, 2020, 06:40:16 am »
    Good morning.

Sunny skies and a high in the 70s again.

II will sleep awhile this morning, then we'll do whatever interests us later in the day. Nothing particular in mind at the moment. He is only scheduled to work 3 days next month. Maybe that will mean we'll get some things done since we won't have the sleep schedule interrupted every 4-5 days.

Hope you have a peaceful Sunday. Stay safe.

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33372 on: April 26, 2020, 07:14:43 am »
    Good morning from southern Arizona. It is going to be hot here soon.

Today I am going to help my sister clean the floors at mom's house and deliver some masks in Tucson. Then I will come home and sew more masks that I hope to mail tomorrow. I will do what I can to help keep our postal workers busy and employed.

When I worked as a computer programmer, we had Pizza Fridays at work. No alcohol was involved and lunch was followed by even more programming! We enjoyed the pizzas and they were eaten throughout the day. Happy memories!

« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 10:51:07 am by Annalog »

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33373 on: April 26, 2020, 07:29:47 am »
    Good Morning

Mostly cloudy and dead calm in the desert....it is so quiet you can hear the lizards walking in the sand !  Headed to the 90s.  I am roasting a couple batches of coffee and the house smells wonderful !!

I plan to putz in the gardens until it get too hot.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Keep Well and Safe my Friends
    'da NapCat

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33374 on: April 27, 2020, 02:05:01 am »
    Good Morning! 41 and cloudy in NYC at 4:45 AM. It was very rainy on Sunday, so I stayed in. Telracs, 1am is an early to bed time for me and I haven't seen that in a long time. But Friday was a sick day for me. Couldn't sleep early in the AM and my throat was so sore. I had a lot of anxiety thinking it could be the virus. Got up during the morning to sign tax return PDF, but it was not fillable. Called the CPA office and they will send it to me in the mail to sign and send back. They are only an hour away in NJ, but I was warned that the priority mail would take about a week due to all the problems at USPS.

Same Friday, I went back to bed at noon and got up at 5, went back to bed from 8pm-midnight and got up and watched TV and went online. Felt MUCH better. Was drinking tea with real ginger. Felt well on Saturday but woke up with earache Sunday (been stuffy for weeks), dry throat, so I stayed in and drank a lot of tea. Made chicken noodle soup in the evening. Had to text the super about there being no heat while 49 degrees outside. Some heat came up later. Never any heat overnight, so it's cold cold in the AM.

Saturday I went out to shop at Westerly Natural Market on 8th Ave. 54th St. (Telracs, do you know this one?). I took a walk first down 9th Ave. as far as 51st and it was very strange. There were more people out than I've seen in a while and several not wearing masks. Seems that all Chinese restaurants are completely closed, no take-out, same for diners. Route 66 Cafe, Harachi (Indian), Won-Dee Siam (Thai)  and a few other places are open for take-out. I have only cooked at home, just as I've done almost every day since retirement two years ago. My favorite Thai place, Yuqi, is shut down.

At Westerly there was a line outside, about 6 people, very well spaced with markers (yeah, stand on markers where others before me have coughed and sneezed). About a 10 minute wait, not bad, but i was surprised at how many people were inside. They have narrow aisles. I was very clumsy scooping almonds into a produce bag and lost some on the floor. They were prompt in sweeping it up. Embarrassing. I'm used to the pre-packaged almonds at Whole Foods (a place I've been avoiding for a month). Bought some groceries and some nice verbena bottled hand soap for $3.

I'm using some dust masks I had under the kitchen sink. Still waiting for disposable masks and one cloth mask that I ordered a month ago (Amazon Prime) that shipped two weeks ago. The disposable ones were scheduled to be here between April 24-mid May and now it says May 15th. How could anything be in the mail that long, even if it is from Asia? The cloth mask to arrive between May 15-28th. Ordered at the same time and that also shipped two weeks ago.

Hope you all stay well and calm.
    New York, NY
    Flutist, Legal Services Professional
    Readers:  Paperwhite 2 (2013), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

KBoards.com

• Advertisement