Author Topic: The Good Morning Thread  (Read 1440525 times)  

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
    • View Profile
Re: The Good Morning Thread
« Reply #33375 on: April 27, 2020, 05:46:42 am »
Good morning.

Around 50 degrees and heading to 77 with cloudy skies.

I got most of the yard mowed yesterday, but had to avoid one area when I saw ant hills. I'm thinking II may be the one to mow the front yard since that is where we're seeing ants more frequently. I'm sure we're going to have to venture out to get ant killer before long. We'll probably get something to treat the whole yard as well as some more of the spray for individual ant hills. It has been so wet, though, that spreading anything over the yard hasn't seemed feasible.

II has PT this afternoon. I'm thinking he may be through with it in another couple of weeks.

Hope your week goes well. Stay safe.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33376 on: April 27, 2020, 05:56:32 am »
    Good morning.  It's 63 and cloudy this morning and our high should be in the 80s.
    We had a decent weekend - finally made a run to the storage unit.  The masks that DH ordered from Etsy arrived.  They fit me, but are too small for him (they have elastic loops for the ears instead of ties and they just aren't long enough).  So I need to see if I can possibly put ties on his instead...
    I am the designated shopper for our family so I ended up in HEB and Target on Sunday.  HEB actually had hand sanitizer - so that was something different.  I only got two bottles since we are not leaving the house much.  But we can use these to fill our little bottles that stay in the vehicles.
    Have a great day and stay safe.

Offline Jane917

• Ridgefield, WA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33377 on: April 27, 2020, 08:09:52 am »
    52 now headed up to mid 60s. Yesterday we took a drive up the Kalama River (feeds into the Columbia). It was a beautiful drive. We took our own sandwiches, knowing we would not be able to find food available. The Port of Kalama (on the Columbia) has a very nice waterfront park. The playgrounds and bathrooms were closed, but lots of people walking the paths, most with dogs. It was a beautiful day in the low 70s. I love this port because there are a lot of freighters lined up waiting their turn to exit the Columbia at Astoria and journey on to where ever they are headed, mostly to Asia. We did not get out and walk the puppy because she is not yet finished with all her puppy shots.

Today I am zooming a San Francisco Asian Art Museum docent tour. My brother (now in Hawaii.....can't get back to SF) is the docent. Last night I zoomed with my cousin in San Jose.

Have a good day and be excellent.
    Words with Friends: Jane917

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline NapCat (retired)

• Lighthouse Ranch, Nevada
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33378 on: April 27, 2020, 08:23:56 am »
    Good Morning

Beautiful desert day on queue with sunny 90s and light wind...me and the cats will be putzin' in the gardens.

Hope everyone has a good week
    'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • Goodbye, Mr. Milquetoast
      • View Profile
      • Origami Turtle's photostream
    « Reply #33379 on: April 27, 2020, 11:13:03 am »
    Good morning from southern Arizona.

Our house cleaning (floors, bathrooms, etc.) at my mom's house was to get it ready for my sister's youngest son and family to move back to Tucson from Las Vegas. They had been wanting to come home for a few years and a job opportunity opened up. There was only the kitchen floor left when my nephew texted his mom to let her know that he had hired a cleaning person to come on Wednesday. ;D She phoned him to let him know what we had done. He said he would still have her come to do the windows and whatever else as she cleaned for his mother-in-law, was a good person, and needed the extra money. He also said, "Mom! I told you that we would take care of cleaning! You don't need to be doing that with your knee replacement and broken toes!" We also moved most of the rest of the stuff that they wouldn't be using out of the house.

I finished more masks, mailed them, and will sew more. My next big batch will be going to the Navajo Nation.

I hope your day is full of health, joy, and wonder. Be excellent to each other, even if from a distance.

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33380 on: April 27, 2020, 11:25:05 am »
    ...  The masks that DH ordered from Etsy arrived.  They fit me, but are too small for him (they have elastic loops for the ears instead of ties and they just aren't long enough).  So I need to see if I can possibly put ties on his instead...
    If you have something to use for ties (3/8" grosgrain ribbon works well), an easy way is to cut two pieces 36" to 38" long (twice as long as a tie plus the height of the mask where the ties are attached.

If the mask has an opening where the elastic slides, thread a tie through that opening and center it. Sew in place. Repeat on the other side.

If not, put the center of a tie at the center of one side  sew the center section of the tie along the side of the mask. It should be sturdy enough that when you tug on the ties, they stay put. Repeat on the other sides.

If the ends of the ties can unravel, tie an overhand knot near the end of each tie.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33381 on: April 28, 2020, 07:30:32 am »
    Good Morning

Sunny and it looks like we are going to make our triple digits today.  I have to go to the Post Office to pick up two fairly large packages....I am debating whether to run into "town" while I have the car out...not desperate for anything, but I opened the last gallon of milk yesterday and am out of produce.

I hope everyone is doing well.

'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33382 on: April 28, 2020, 07:49:19 am »
    Good morning.

We're to have thunderstorms this evening, but at the moment it is very pleasant outside.

We were up and out early to make another grocery run. I kept telling myself I really didn't need to go, but it was sale day at Fresh Market for a couple of things we use a lot of and we did need produce. While some things we purchased cost a little more than I usually pay, we preferred to get everything in one stop. And I am stocked up on yeast now.

Allergy shot the next thing on the agenda. We'll take II's car for that since he needs to fill his gas tank. Then, I really need to make myself vacuum today. I haven't been very good at keeping that done.

Hope your day goes well. Stay safe.

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33383 on: April 28, 2020, 09:19:00 am »
    Good morning from southern Arizona. Forecast sunny and hot for the foreseeable future.

Went shopping during the Senior Shopping Hour (6 a.m. to 7 a.m.) at our local Walmart. I hadn't been at that time before and arrived at 6:30. I bought toilet paper for us for the first time since before the shortages began. We were down to the last four rolls and I bought a 12 pack of Scott brand. That should hold us for another three months. :D I did a regular grocery trip and found what I needed.

I then went to the craft section. Craft pipe cleaners, narrow grosgrain ribbon, seam binding, and most large spools of thread are still out of stock. However there was some cotton material! I bought about $80 in solid colors and gender neutral prints. I plan to use my Stimulus money on craft materials for donated items, whether that be masks now, or chemo hats, premie hats, blankets, etc. later. (That was one of the reasons for my Retirement Crafting Account, i.e. stash, pre pandemic and it will continue to be a  major retirement crafting goal in the future.) Now I can make a variety for my next big donation. I will be trying a simpler pattern my sister uses to see if my machine can handle the pleats on that one. If so, then I will be faster.

I hope your day is full of health, joy, and wonder. Be excellent to each other, even if from a distance.
    « Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 12:09:20 am by Annalog »

Offline telracs

• NYC
    • peace, love, justice.... and chocolate.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33384 on: April 28, 2020, 12:48:54 pm »
    *wanders in and passes out baklava and greek easter bread*
    i took a walk today and managed to get to the local greek bakery, then grabbed a few things at the grocery store.  a lot of people out and about, and while most are wearing masks, a lot of people are not keeping their distance. 

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33385 on: April 28, 2020, 02:08:34 pm »
    Good afternoon!

Telracs, I saw a number of people without masks walking dogs on 10th Ave. yesterday. I'm not judging but can't help but wonder sometimes if they couldn't get a mask or they don't care.  I am so glad to have sunshine today.

I wish everyone well.
    New York, NY
    Flutist, Legal Services Professional
    Readers:  Paperwhite 2 (2013), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline Josette

• View Profile
    « Reply #33386 on: April 28, 2020, 11:51:54 pm »
    My hubby and I took an evening stroll, enjoying the "warmer" evening temperature.  We didn't see a soul but we still wore our masks.  ;D

Happy Spring everyone!
    If you can't find Josette Sona's books on Amazon for free, please try Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/JosetteSona
    My books are always free!

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33387 on: April 29, 2020, 06:09:33 am »
    Welcome, Josette.

Good morning.

Lots of thunder, lightning and wind as a thunderstorm roared through late last night, dropping close to 2 inches of rain. It looks like today will be a nice day, however.

Nothing specific on the agenda for today. Shouldn't have to venture out anywhere.

Hope your day is a good one. Stay safe.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33388 on: April 29, 2020, 07:13:55 am »
    Good Morning and Welcome Josette.

Sunny triple digits and wind today...

I went to the Post Office yesterday then decided to run into "town".  I was surprised how much traffic there was. Gas was $1.79/gallon. The parking lot in Home Depot was full.  Home Depot is "pet friendly", so people have turned it into a dog park...very annoying.  The supermarket was not crowded and was well stocked.  They made all the aisles one-way and have 6-foot marks on the floor.  Excellent idea !  Took all the congestion out of the entire store.  No line at the check out. Most people were wearing masks....about half were home made.

The desert is in full bloom and is breath-taking.

Have a good day.  Take Care and be safe my Friends.
    'da NapCat

Offline Jane917

• Ridgefield, WA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33389 on: April 29, 2020, 07:54:44 am »
    A sunny day starting in the low 50s and heading to low 70s. I must get out for a walk today. Yesterday we had an unexpected visit to the vet with our 16 week old pup, Jovi. On Monday she apparently stepped in a hole or jumped off a wall and hurt her shoulder. She made a fuss for a while, then seemed better. Yesterday afternoon she started fussing again. A trip to the vet, X-rays, blood work, all confirmed that she probably pulled something. She is still plenty sore, but is now on inflammatories. This is her second month with pet insurance, and we are mighty glad we purchased it. The reimbursement we will get back from this one trip will cover most of this years premiums.

Have a wonderful day!
    Words with Friends: Jane917

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33390 on: April 29, 2020, 07:58:11 am »
    I missed a whole day!
    Good morning.  It was 62 and stormy when we got up this morning.  Ginger was very upset that there was thunder and lightning keeping her in the house.  She rousted both of us out around 9am for a walk since things cleared up.  It was really nice out and we only saw two people at a distance.  We don't wear the masks in the neighborhood since it is easy to maintain distance.  Anna, I'll try your suggestion on DH's mask.  I think I have ribbon in one of my boxes.
    Nothing much to report from here, except that the governor is going to let our stay at home order expire tomorrow.  I don't know exactly what that will mean for us, but I expect it will be smart to keep practicing the social distancing thing for a while yet.
    I have a meeting - gotta go.
    Have a beautiful day and stay safe.

Offline telracs

• NYC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33391 on: April 29, 2020, 12:41:36 pm »
    glad i went out yesterday as today is grey and gloomy.  got my godiva chocolate delivery yesterday, so i now have plenty of yummy snacks (chocolate from godiva and assorted gummies and caramels from sugarfina). 

as has been happening a lot, after a day out, my allergies are acting up and i'm sneezing and my eyes are tearing...

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33392 on: April 29, 2020, 01:23:07 pm »
    as has been happening a lot, after a day out, my allergies are acting up and i'm sneezing and my eyes are tearing...

When I picked up prescriptions the last time, the pharmacist told me that my allergy eye drops are available over the counter now.  I don't know if they would help you, but I can't do without them during cedar and oak pollen seasons.  They are callled Pataday if you want to look into them.

Offline telracs

• NYC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33393 on: April 29, 2020, 01:41:37 pm »
    When I picked up prescriptions the last time, the pharmacist told me that my allergy eye drops are available over the counter now.  I don't know if they would help you, but I can't do without them during cedar and oak pollen seasons.  They are callled Pataday if you want to look into them.

thanks, but i'm not big on eye drops, they usually actually make my eyes tear more.
    (yes, i'm weird)

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33394 on: April 29, 2020, 04:45:45 pm »
    Andra, I remember seeing in one video how if the elastic is too short on a mask, try adding a rubber band to each side by looping it over the elastic and then pulling through itself to connect it. Then loop rubber band over ears instead. Worth a try if you don't find the ribbon.

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33395 on: April 29, 2020, 04:52:43 pm »
    Good afternoon from southern Arizona. DH let me sleep late. We have been to Tucson to look at mom's house for the other garage remote that was there 20 years ago when DH installed a used garage door opener that his parents had taken out when they installed a new one. They had gotten the original garage door opener from Sears in 1977. It is still working fine at my mom's house but the switch on the remote is now broken. We did not find the spare. I suspect that it broke and mom was using the spare.

Now I will be looking for how to repair the remote if we cannot find a replacement.

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33396 on: April 30, 2020, 05:40:10 am »
    Good morning.

We are to have abundant sunshine today with a high around 77. I'll take it.

II has PT today; otherwise not much going on. He did spend some time out in his shop yesterday. A good thing as he hasn't been inclined to do that since quite a while before the surgery.

Nothing else on the agenda. I've been enjoying all the birds at the feeders this spring. There are still quite a few goldfinch hanging around and the indigo buntings and rose-breasted grosbeaks are making their annual appearance. A few days ago a summer tanager visited. That was the first time I'd seen one of those in our yard.

Hope your day goes well. Stay safe.

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33397 on: April 30, 2020, 06:13:05 am »
    Good morning.  It's a nippy 56 here in Central Texas.  It's already a little sunny and we are heading to the mid 80s again.
    I am dragging today.  My fitbit claims I got over 7.5 hours of sleep last night, but I am pretty sure I was waking up every couple of hours...  So I don't feel very rested.  So far my day is pretty light on meetings, so that's a good thing.  Maybe I can grab a cat nap at lunchtime.
    Thanks for the additional suggestion for DH's masks, Anna.  I think he said something about getting his sewing machine out over the weekend to see what he can do.  He is much better at patterns than I am, so maybe he can either fix one that we have or make one himself.  I have trouble with my sewing machine now because of my eyes and glasses.  I can't get it the right distance away so my glasses work, but I also can't get close enough to use it without them...  I am afraid that this year's visit to the eye doctor is going to make me go to bifocals.
    Have a wonderful day and stay safe.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33398 on: April 30, 2020, 08:24:19 am »
    Good Morning

Partly cloudy 90s in the desert today.  I have a few outdoor projects and a trip to the Post Office and Dump planned for this morning, then Napcatcatnappin' this afternoon.

Today I celebrate 31 years without a drink or cigarette.  Of course I do not celebrate the 50+ pounds I have gained.....giggle

I hope everyone is doing well...Be Safe my Friends
    'da NapCat

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33399 on: May 01, 2020, 04:27:31 am »
    Good morning.

I woke up way too early this morning, but decided there was no reason to stay in bed, just looking at the ceiling and trying not to disturb II so I finally got up about 5:20. That doesn't mean I dove into the day by accomplishing anything.

Today's allergy shot is the last one of getting them twice a week. Maintenance mode will mean only getting stuck every 2 weeks. Progress, but I don't see the allergist or get re-tested until December.

Nothing else specific planned for the day.

Be good to yourself and enjoy the day. Stay safe.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement