Author Topic: The Good Morning Thread  (Read 1440545 times)  

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
    • View Profile
Re: The Good Morning Thread
« Reply #33475 on: May 23, 2020, 05:51:57 am »
Good morning.

It has been raining since 1:30 AM or so and will continue until mid-morning. Then we'll only have a slight possibility of a pop-up thunderstorm for the rest of today. Then we'll go back to a forecast of thunderstorms for the next 8 days. I do hope the forecast is not all that accurate this time around.

There isn't a lack of stuff we can find to do inside, however. But sometimes it is nice to have some sunshine coming in while doing those chores.

Hope you do have something fun/special planned for the weekend while continuing to be safe.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33476 on: May 24, 2020, 04:43:53 am »
    Good morning.

We'll be warm today with an expected high of 88. A possibility of thunderstorms again this evening.

I woke up way too early this morning (a little after four) so a nap may be in order this afternoon. Planning on making biscuits for breakfast.

Have a peaceful Sunday. Stay safe.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• Lighthouse Ranch, Nevada
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33477 on: May 24, 2020, 06:09:11 am »
    Good Morning

Sunny desert day in the 90s here.  No special plans, just enjoying the day.

Hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday

Be safe my Friends
    'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • Goodbye, Mr. Milquetoast
      • View Profile
      • Origami Turtle's photostream
    « Reply #33478 on: May 24, 2020, 11:16:21 am »
    Good morning from southern Arizona.

I am still making masks but now I am sewing several for DH and myself so that we will have plenty for our trip next weekend to deliver my daughter's 40th birthday gift, as well as to spend some time with her and the granddaughters. My daughter and I will do a final family health update before we leave home but, as of now, we are all looking good.

Yesterday afternoon, DH got the cooler working in the shed so I that I could start finishing the sofa table. Then he decided to clear the massive weeds, mostly green tumbleweeds, that had taken over the neglected vegetable garden. I went out to check on him and joined in on the garden cleanup. I focused on the planting beds while he worked on the aisles. I also harvested the peas and some carrots.  We had those for dinner, along with some chicken nuggets. We continued in the garden this morning. I focused on filling an end of a long bed with partly finished compost with the new compost material while DH focused on providing me with more weeds and some tree trimmings. Now it is nap time!

I hope your day is full of health, joy, and wonder. Be excellent to each other, even if from a distance. Remember to be excellent to yourself as well.

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33479 on: May 25, 2020, 05:42:53 am »
    Good morning.

We have a flash flood watch in effect until Wednesday afternoon. Doesn't make the next couple of days sound like much fun. 2-4 inches of rain predicted on very saturated ground.

Three day weekends don't have quite the same meaning as when we were working full time. I've had to remind myself this is one all weekend long. That may be partially due to my May routine of the past 13 years working graduations not occurring. You knew that marathon was over when Memorial Day weekend arrived.

Let's do remember the reason for the holiday. Stay safe.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33480 on: May 25, 2020, 07:13:15 am »
    Good Morning....
                .....Don't Forget to Remember !!

'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33481 on: May 25, 2020, 09:50:11 am »
    Good morning from southern Arizona. Remembering those no longer with us on this Memorial Day.

Sanding and staining today followed by mask making.

I hope your day is full of health, joy, and wonder. Be excellent to each other, even if from a distance. Remember to be excellent to yourself as well.

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33482 on: May 26, 2020, 05:41:54 am »
    Good morning.

Cloudy but it isn't supposed to rain much until early evening. Then there is a chance of rain overnight and for most of tomorrow. We still have a flash flood watch in effect until tomorrow evening.

Nothing specific on the agenda today.

Have a good day. Stay safe.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33483 on: May 26, 2020, 06:08:19 am »
    Good Morning

Clear sunny skies will give us temperatures over 100 today and the rest of the week. 
    I need to start mulching over the gardens and get a good coat of wax on the car.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Keep Safe my Friends
    'da NapCat

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33484 on: May 26, 2020, 09:07:05 am »

Staining went well so today gets the finish coat. Made a mask with t-shirt yarn in place of ties. It works for me. Now to test it on DH! So much faster if it works on him also.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33485 on: May 27, 2020, 05:13:38 am »
    Good Morning

We reached 102 in the desert yesterday, could make it to 108 today....

The more important weather to watch today is Cape Canaveral, FL where SPACEX is standing by with the first US manned rocket since the Shuttle Fleet was grounded. 

Weather is marginal with possible thunderstorms at launch time (1633 EST).

Meanwhile, everyone keep well and safe. 
    'da NapCat

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33486 on: May 27, 2020, 05:54:56 am »
    Good morning.

We haven't received the amount of rain predicted. Yay! The flash flood watch no longer exists and only scattered and isolated thunderstorms predicted for another couple of days. Then some dry weather to look forward to.

I have a doctor's appointment in Hot Springs today. Should be an easy drive unless we run into one of those isolated thunderstorms. Our original plan had been to spend a couple of nights in Hot Springs but decided we weren't quite ready to stay in a hotel and figure out where to eat while not at home.

Hope your day goes well. Stay safe.

Online Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33487 on: May 27, 2020, 06:55:07 am »
    Good morning.  It's up to 71 here in Central Texas.  We've had cooler weather over night for a bit since we've had so much rain.  We have a chance of severe weather again this afternoon.
    Our Commission Meeting went really well last week.  By the time we were finished, my brain was toast...  I can't remember the last time I've had to learn so much so quickly and in a very public manner.  We had problems with the phone bridges during the public meeting on Thursday.  And I had a presenter share his desktop over what I was sharing...  I have a laundry list for our Microsoft rep about things that would make Teams Live Events much more user-friendly in a public event.  I don't know that I think they are going to listen, but I've got a list anyway.
    Our group also had to proceed as if the August meeting will also be remote.  There were some issues we need to look at closer.  If we switch to an in-person meeting, we can all do that pretty easily.  So it's better to continue working on the remote meeting option in case it's needed.
    We celebrated Ginger's 4th birthday over the weekend.  We don't know her actual birthdate, but she was about 8 weeks old when we got her.  Counting backwards, she was born around Memorial Day.  So that's when we celebrate.  She will have a cake and treats next Monday to share with her friends at daycare.

Stay safe.

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33488 on: May 27, 2020, 11:12:45 am »

DH loved the adjustable t-shirt ear loops! I no longer have to make special masks for him with a 1" parachute buckle (connectors like those on waist packs and back packs) that have to be removed and washed separately. :D

I just finished putting the third coat of Minwax Water Based Helmsman Indoor/Outdoor Spar Urethane on the top and front section of the sofa table that we are taking to our daughter's house on Friday for her 40th birthday (which is tomorrow). The can says to use three coats. However, since this table will be between the back of the sofa and the wall and will also have one end in a corner with a half wall, I only put one coat on the bottom supports and two coats on the legs on the end by the hals wall. Depending on how this coat looks when it dries, I might put a fourth coat on the top and top edges. When we get it to her house we will add button feet and drill a 3" diameter hole in the top one third in from front end section to drop in a power and USB port.

Now back to mask sewing.

Offline spotsmom

• Sunriver, Oregon
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33489 on: May 27, 2020, 08:51:17 pm »
    Hi folks,
    Not much to report from the cool Pacific Northwest except that the temps are finally moving upwards into the 80's for a few days. The Memorial Day weekend certainly brought out a whole lot of Covidiots, but nowhere near what I see in other parts of the country.

Still reading and knitting to pass the time. Our local library finally opened on Tuesday just for the drop off of books that people have had since mid March. Over 80,000 of them were out! People still like to read and I'm glad. I was especially grateful for the opportunity to download some new authors and ebooks during the closure. Not sure when we'll be able to actually walk in the doors again, but they will next start distributing the books we had on hold. It's a start.

Hope you all stay well, and that Gandalf got a good waxing!

Online Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33490 on: May 28, 2020, 05:32:41 am »
    Covidiots - what a perfect description!!

Good morning.  It's 62 in Austin this morning after a few stormy days.  We had thunderstorms, but I don't think we had hail or the high winds that were expected - that all went to one side of us.
    The problem with taking a few extra days off is that going back is hard.  My brain does not want to stay focused for more than 10 minutes or so.  Since I am trying to transcribe my notes about what happened right before, during, and after the meeting, I need more than 10-minute chunks...  I think I'll take a break and take Ginger for a walk and then try again.  That's a nice option that I don't typically have when going to the office.
    I've also just realized that the last time I got a steroid shot was back in January and the last B12 shot was in February.  We have a nurse who comes to the office monthly for the B12 - but that's not happening now.  I wonder if it's worth the trouble of going to the doctor to get one?  My allergies have been acting up some, but are still manageable, so I don't need the steroid shot yet.  That's a record for me.  Normally I am miserable while waiting to pass the 3-month mark so I can get a small shot.  I guess there are a few other benefits of mostly staying at home.
    They asked DH yesterday when he would feel comfortable going back to office.  We both agreed that the middle of June should tell us how things are going since most of the state has reopened.  We'll see how that goes.  I talked to my trainer at the gym yesterday - he is still furloughed and he wanted to know if anyone else had contacted me about training sessions.  I told him I didn't think I was ready to be at a gym quite yet.  Although when they get the outdoor pool open, that will be harder...  I am not good at it, but I really like going up and swimming.
    Have a great day and stay safe.

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33491 on: May 28, 2020, 05:36:33 am »
    Good morning.

Dark clouds overhead at the moment but it hasn't started raining yet. Thunderstorms possible for most of the day with a possibility of 1/2 inch of rain.

The drive to Hot Springs was uneventful. It is always nice when the doctor tells you to come back in a year. Maybe we'll spend a couple of days there next year.

Some housework to be done today. Don't think we need to get out at all.

Hope your day goes well. Stay safe.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33492 on: May 28, 2020, 07:21:00 am »
    Good Morning

We hit 110 degrees yesterday and will top that today.  I think I will fill the bird-feeders, then call it a day !!

COVIDIOTS !  Yup.....but what if they breed with TOURONS (tourist-moron)

No SPACEX launch yesterday, which was a disappointment.  Next opportunity will be this weekend.

Please stay careful out there, my Friends
    'da NapCat

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33493 on: May 28, 2020, 10:15:12 am »

I put a fourth and fifth coat on the top of the table. It certainly will be spill proof. It looked good this morning so the table was finished before my daughter's 50th birthday (today). We deliver it tomorrow. Her daughters have organized a small themed party for Saturday. I have made 10 themed face masks (one each for DH and myself and 8 unused ones). There will be 6 or 7 max people in attendance: my daughter, my two granddaughters, DH, me, and one or two close friends of my daughter. All have been very careful. I suspect that most of the celebration will be outside with just the food serving inside the house. We will be careful, masked, and maintaining social distancing during the party. We might not be masked when family only.

The party will be during the next SPACEX launch attempt so I might miss it. Florida weather is unpredictable.

I will be driving to Tucson after I post this to pick up gluten free flours for themed birthday party desserts.

I bake today and we drive tomorrow.  We plan to return home Sunday after breakfast. We have arranged for someone to feed our cats.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33494 on: May 29, 2020, 06:58:37 am »
    Good Morning

We made it to 112 degrees yesterday, but today we are in a "cooling trend" expecting a mere 106 with wind.  The only important thing on my agenda today is a Post Office run.

Happy Friday
    Be Safe
    'da NapCat

Online Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33495 on: May 29, 2020, 07:09:05 am »
    Happy Friday!
    It was 67 here this morning and highs should be mid-80s.
    We had a meeting this morning about opening our buildings back up and going back to work in the office.  We are authorized to work from home through the end of June at this point.  But we have new computers coming in that need to be distributed, so we are going to take turns going in to help with that.  I hope by the middle of June we can tell what's happening from opening up the state again.  I am now seeing entire families at the grocery store again - adults wearing masks that don't cover their noses or wearing no masks at all, kids without masks etc - I'd rather go to the office than the store.
    Today's project is taking the cable modem in to Spectrum for a replacement.  We got a letter saying that there were going to send us a new one and if we didn't replace it, they promised disruption in service around June 7th.  Of course that letter was dated over a week ago and we have heard nothing about a replacement.  So we made an appointment and will do it ourselves.  If we are lucky it will be plug and play, but that rarely works around here...
    A trip to the meat market in Hamilton is also on the books for the weekend maybe.  We are on our last package of good bacon and it will be easier to go get more than to deal with DH trying to cook grocery-store bacon again.  I did that in January and it was not fun.
    Stay safe and have a wonderful weekend.

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33496 on: May 29, 2020, 07:37:29 am »
    Good morning.

We're heading into the 80s today with hopefully enough sunshine to dry out the yard from the 1/2 inch of rain that fell yesterday. Maybe it'll be dry enough to mow by tomorrow afternoon.

Laundry and other chores in my future.

Stay safe.

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33497 on: May 29, 2020, 12:23:31 pm »
    Good afternoon from southern Arizona.

We will finish packing the car and the truck in a few minutes. We couldn't get everything in the truck safely so it will be a two vehicle trip.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33498 on: May 30, 2020, 03:47:57 am »
    Good Morning

Our temperature has dropped from 112 to 80 with lots of wind.  The first thing I did this morning was drop my Bodum French Press which shattered into a million pieces....not the end of the world as I have others, but still.

Looks like we will have high wind for the next few days so will be working on indoor projects

Cape Canaveral's weather does not look too good for launch this weekend...awww

Have a good, but safe weekend
    « Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 06:11:20 am by NapCat (retired) »
    'da NapCat

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33499 on: May 30, 2020, 06:05:48 am »
    Good morning.

We're looking at sunny skies with a high around 83. Should be able to get some mowing done. Think I'll set the mower a little lower than II had it set the last time. Maybe I'll be able to go a little longer between mowings that way.

II working tonight. With no events going on and 2 new Building Security staff hired in March, he isn't working nearly as much. We're enjoying not having to follow a schedule most of the time.

Have a good weekend. Stay safe.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement