Author Topic: The Good Morning Thread  (Read 1440537 times)  

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
  • Goodbye, Mr. Milquetoast
    • View Profile
    • Origami Turtle's photostream
Re: The Good Morning Thread
« Reply #33500 on: May 30, 2020, 12:00:07 pm »
Good morning from central Arizona.

We are celebrating our daughter's 40th birthday with a Disney-At-Home. Breakfast was Mickey waffles, scrambled eggs, egg bites, and fresh fruit outside at the Jolly Holiday.  Lunch with be Jungle Skewers at Bengal Barbeque. Dinner will be Monte Cristo sandwiches from Blue Bayou. My youngest granddaughter is the main chef for all the meals. Desserts at Pooh Corner include homemade churros, Tigger tails, Mickey apples, Mickey blondies, and some other stuff. Games will include Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster.

I hope your day is full of health, joy, and wonder. Be excellent to each other, even if from a distance. Remember to be excellent to yourself as well.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 10:14:44 am by Annalog »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline telracs

• NYC
    • peace, love, justice.... and chocolate.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33501 on: May 30, 2020, 02:57:12 pm »
    *wanders over to Pooh Corner (singing Kenny Loggins) and snitches some goodies*

yesterday started out great, nice weather, went for a walk to the greek bakery and got some greek bread, baklava and cookies (they call them sugar cookies, but that are long oval sandwich cookies with raspberry jelly inside and dipped in chocolate and sprinkles). 

day went downhill when i got home, thanks to a couple of e-mails.  my endocrinologist is moving from a location that i can walk to, to one that is NOT easily accessible at the best of times, and is really not where i want to go right now.

AND.... fraud alert e-mail on my amazon credit card.  FOUR charges (fortunately declined), and now i have to wait for the new card.

and.... my godiva chocolate has been out for delivery for 2 days in 77 degree weather.  hope it's not soup by the time i get it.

Offline spotsmom

• Sunriver, Oregon
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33502 on: May 30, 2020, 07:52:54 pm »
    My day was highlighted by backing up my car and sideswiping a tree. Proximity alarm didn't work. Then a big black sky and a thundering storm. I think I'll just stay in and hope for a better tomorrow.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• Lighthouse Ranch, Nevada
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33503 on: May 31, 2020, 06:28:32 am »
    Good Morning

Sorry to hear about bent fenders and melting chocolates...hope things improve.  I know the cookies you are talking about TELRACS, I used to get them in a bakery in Rockaway Beach as a kid....found them a few years ago while working in Jersey.....yummmm

Nice day in the desert.  I plan to putz outside until the wind kicks up, then it will be NapTime.

Hope everyone is having a restful Sunday.

Be careful out there, my Friends
    'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33504 on: May 31, 2020, 06:56:21 am »
    Good morning.

Looks like a pleasant day weather wise. I was able to get the mowing done yesterday except for a couple of places II had to spread more fire ant killer. I am ever vigilant anytime I move around the yard.

Hope you have a peaceful Sunday. Stay safe.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33505 on: June 01, 2020, 06:14:52 am »
    Good Morning

Partly cloudy, windy 90s in the desert.  Actually very pleasant.

I have a few friends around the world who have resisted Internet, so today I am going to stay connected by writing some actual letters. While I am in "manual mode", I will finish my absentee ballot.  Tomorrow I will drive over to the Post Office and get all OF that going in "snail mail".

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start.

Be Safe my Friends
    'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33506 on: June 01, 2020, 10:13:54 am »
    Good morning from southern Arizona.

Telracs, glad you stopped by for goodies. We had plenty. Hope the rest of your day and yesterday was better.

Spotsmom, I hope your yesterday was better as well.

No one touched the medjool dates or the little cups of Jelly Belly jelly beans. The order of disappearance was Tigger tails, Mickey apples, churros, and Mickey blondies. So much food was eaten and so much fun was had that the Blue Bayou Monte Cristo sandwiches were put off until Sunday and dinner was Pizza Planet pizza instead while I ate leftovers from the Bengal Barbecue.

Yesterday, after breakfast, we packed the car and the truck. We loaded the treadmill that my daughter had hoped to sell at the cancelled yard sale and delivered it to her best friend in Tucson. We then ate lunch and drove home. I took what I thought would be a short nap but I slept for over four hours. I was still able to get a full nights sleep after that!

Today will be laundry and other home stuff.

I hope your day is full of health, joy, and wonder. Be excellent to each other, even if from a distance. Remember to be excellent to yourself as well.
    « Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 02:01:24 pm by Annalog »

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33507 on: June 02, 2020, 05:59:29 am »
    Good morning.

We'll be a little warm this afternoon with an expected high of 86 and sunny skies.

II had a heart cath yesterday. Not enough blockage to require a stent. He is supposed to make dietary changes, take a cholesterol drug, and a low dose aspirin every day. Those dietary changes will have to happen gradually since there are things he just really doesn't want to give up. I plan on taking it one day, maybe even one meal, at a time.

Allergy shot day so I scheduled a Walmart pickup for while we are out. Their pickup orders must be slowing down as I didn't schedule it until yesterday afternoon. We did actually go 2 weeks between grocery purchases, but I really should have gone somewhere for produce before today. Traffic was certainly up when we were out yesterday. I fear people are rushing back to normalcy too quickly. We plan on continuing to be cautious.

Hope your day goes well. Stay safe.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33508 on: June 02, 2020, 07:07:45 am »

Good Morning

Please join 'da old NapCat for a Birthday Cupcake and enjoy the day with me.

'da NapCat

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33509 on: June 02, 2020, 11:56:08 am »
    Happy Birthday NapCat! Have a wonderful day.
    « Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 05:14:43 am by loonlover »

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33510 on: June 03, 2020, 05:24:19 am »
    Good Morning

Partly cloudy and Triple digits for us today.  I was sitting on the deck in the middle of the night when MommaCat brought two of her latest kittens around...I expect to see the rest soon.

Hope everyone is doing well in our troubled times.

Be safe out there, my friends.
    'da NapCat

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33511 on: June 03, 2020, 05:25:28 am »
    Good morning.

A high of 89 expected with the possibility of a popup shower.

Walmart canceled my order yesterday a little over an hour before scheduled pickup. They said the demand was too high to fulfill the order. Please reorder and pick a different time slot. So we'll see if I get to make that trip today. If not, a trek to Trader Joe's will occur and we'll do without the items I normally order from Walmart a little longer.

What else I do today will depend on where I end up going when I get out.

I also need to respond to the bosses email about whether I will return to work once concerts are allowed. I'm still undecided, and do have a couple of concerns I'll mention in the email. II's niece works in marketing at an arena in another location and has heard concerts may not occur until at least late next year. We've been saying we think it would be sometime next year before people would feel safe attending. We'll see. He is continuing to work because of the limited contact he has with people.

Have a wonderful day. Stay safe.

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33512 on: June 03, 2020, 06:36:28 am »
    Good morning.  It's 75 and sunny in Austin today.  I am at the office for the day to help with setting up some new computers.  It's a nice change.

NapCat, I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

I understand the need to open things back up, but I think people are not being as cautious as they should.  Entire families are going to the grocery store again.  Parents are wearing masks that don't cover their noses and the kids don't have masks at all.  I don't know that I'm quite ready for that.  We still have just one person go in if we can't get a pickup order for what we need.

Stay safe everyone.

Offline telracs

• NYC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33513 on: June 03, 2020, 10:04:22 am »
    good news on the chocolate front, my order finally arrived yesterday and although the ice packs were now water, none of the chocolate seems to have melted. 
    *passes assorted godiva cube chocolates.... *

it is high 70s and thunderstorms forecast for today, so i will be staying in and trying to catch up on e-mails and earn some swagbucks.

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33514 on: June 03, 2020, 01:24:56 pm »
    Good afternoon from southern Arizona.

Happy belated birthday Napcat.

Glad the chocolate wasn't melted, telracs.

LL, I hope that II's health and dietary changes go well.

I do wish that more people wore masks and took the appropriate precautions. The stores in this rural location do not have pickup orders as a possibility. I went to Walmart early yesterday at the end of senior shopping and got everything that I needed and most of what I wanted. I had wanted to make a version of the Bengal Barbecue but beef wasn't available. I will make it with chicken instead.

Edited to add: At Walmart, I was able to buy the brand and size of the toilet paper that we usually buy. For our weekend visit for our daughter's birthday, we took a house guest gift of our last full roll of Pre-COVID-19 toilet paper. Even if I hadn't bought a package of Scott brand TP last week, we would have been able to just make it to yesterday. ;D

We will be waiting to see when we can visit our daughter and granddaughters again, but I know that it will be at least two weeks away.

Edited to add: I am back to sewing masks for the Navajo and Tohono Nations.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 07:01:42 pm by Annalog »

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33515 on: June 04, 2020, 01:42:22 am »
    Belated Happy Birthday, Napcat. Hope you enjoyed your day.

I am glad that Telracs got the chocolate and thanks for offering it around.

I didn't get out in time to get a few necessities at CVS. Due to 8pm curfew, they'd closed at 6:30. D'Agostino's food market was still open until 8 and I got some things for dinner. Checked on the Duane Reade, also on 10th Ave. and they'd closed at 7. I'm a night person and not cut out for this. Will have to get out earlier today if I go out at all. Looters go out past curfew, so I do not know what the point is. My friend in Portland, Oregon told me last night that they cancelled the curfew there because it has been ignored.

68 degrees now and going up to 85. I suppose it will continue to be humid.

Good Morning, everyone. Hope everyone is well and be kind to one another.
    « Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 12:38:35 am by mlewis78 »
    New York, NY
    Flutist, Legal Services Professional
    Readers:  Paperwhite 2 (2013), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33516 on: June 04, 2020, 05:26:37 am »
    Good morning.

Warm today with a high of 90.

Walmart pickup went well yesterday. Only one item I didn't get so guess I'll be making bread today. A family in the area sets up a produce truck on one of the roads we travel. I think it must be great grandchildren of the couple that owns it doing the selling now, we've been buying from them for so long. They were set up yesterday so I was able to add to my varieties of fruit and vegetables. It isn't always locally grown, but is fresher than what is in the grocery stores. I know the originator does sometimes drive to Texas to stock the stand.

I don't plan on going anywhere today. A second trip to the pharmacy had to be made yesterday as the cardiologist didn't order II's cholesterol medicine until II emailed a reminder. Of course I didn't receive the notice it was ready until long after we were home from an earlier stop there.

I do feel people are abandoning social distancing too quickly and too many are not wearing masks. There have been enough new cases the governor has not authorized moving to the next phase of reopening. Thus I don't intend to head into some stores for quite some time.

Hope your day goes well. Stay safe.

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33517 on: June 04, 2020, 08:13:03 am »

Today we will be driving to Tucson to pick up an old, but working, dishwasher from my sister's house and take it to my mom's house to replace the broken one there. DH will also replace the shutoff valves under the sink that are stuck open. We will be wearing masks the entire time even though I am sure that my nephew and his family will not. We are taking every clean mask we have so that DH can change to a fresh mask every time he leaves Home Depot.

My daughter, who is diligent about mask wear and distancing, is saying that she even sees mask fatigue in health care workers. It is sad.

Offline telracs

• NYC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33518 on: June 04, 2020, 10:08:18 am »
    Belated Happy Birthday, Napcat. Hope you enjoyed your day.

I am glad that Telracs got the chocolate and thanks for offering it around.

I didn't get out in time to get a few necessities at CVS. Due to 8pm curfew, they'd closed at 6:30. D'Agostino's food market was still open until 8 and I got some things for dinner. Checked on the Duane read, also on 10th Ave. and they'd closed at 7. I'm a night person and not cut out for this. Will have to get out earlier today if I go out at all. Looters go out past curfew, so I do not know what the point is. My friend in Portland, Oregon told me last night that they cancelled the curfew there because it has been ignored.

68 degrees now and going up to 85. I suppose it will continue to be humid.

Good Morning, everyone. Hope everyone is well and be kind to one another.

you and i are in the same boat....  i am definitely NOT a morning person, and trying to figure out how to do things early is not in my wheelhouse. 

i got another delivery yesterday (surprisingly not left in the lobby but actually delivered to my door) of goodies.  this time it's from sugarfina, a bouquet candy place.  i got A LOT of stuff from them, about 3/4 of it free or discount without knowing exactly what i'd be getting.

they seem to have had a partnership with pressed juicery for a while and must be overstocked with the pressed juicery gummies, because i got five different bottles of them.  also got 3 packs of their coffee gummies (which are actually caffienated) which they made in connection with Alfred's coffee.  Anyone ever hear of them?  I also got a bunch of caramels, fuji apple flavored, maple bourbon flavored, and sea salt caramel.  one of the freebies was their "gin collection." nothing alcoholic in that, it's more gummies (gimlet flavored and gin fizz bears) and a pack of gin and tonic filled chocolates.

there WAS one alcoholic treat in the two boxes i got, vodka filled chocolates.

i hadn't realized how much candy i still had from my last order, so now i have enough for quite a while and an willing to share all these virtually....
    (BTW, this even a full list of everything i got...)

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33519 on: June 04, 2020, 12:15:45 pm »
    Well apparently I didn't hit Post this morning...
    We started out warm and humid today.  It's 90 now, but I haven't been outside for a while.  In normal times, this would be a good day to go to the pool.
    We have a Target order to pick up after work  For some reason I can get a wider variery of things for Ginger there than I can at HEB or Walmart.
    Our meat market run last weekend was a partial success.  DH got steaks and hamburgers, but they were out of bacon!  So yesterday we called and paid for some and our friends in Hamilton went and picked it up.  Guess what we are doing Saturday?  They have a large enough backyard that we can sit on opposite sides and still have a nice visit.

Stay safe.

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33520 on: June 05, 2020, 09:16:53 am »

As I expected, DH and I were the only ones masked during our time at mom's house to replace the dishwasher. DH had put the tools he thought that he would need in a wooden tool tote that he had inherited from his dad.  (His dad had built a set of these tool totes back when he was foreman for the electrician crew building a power plant last century [1980s?]. At the beginning of the day, he would fill a tote for each person in his crew with the tools and materials that person would need for the tasks for the day.) DH has always thought of it as the task toolbox. The nephew living in the house asked DH to teach him to install the dishwasher. Over the course of the morning, the nephew needed to fetch his own toolbox, and then later a tool set that had beloged to my dad. The two great nieces and the great nephew were fascinated with the sight of the kitchen floor covered with toolboxes, tools, and towels! There were a few issues involving water, leveling, and old wire pipe clamps. DH did not make any trips to Home Depot! However, when we left, the drain line connection was not finished because they had to scavenge that pipe clamp to replace a leaking one under the dishwasher. The nephew took the job of going to buy a new pipe clamp and installing it after lunch. Since I need to be gluten free,  DH and I left to get lunch on our way home. We received a text about the time we got home that the dishwasher was working perfectly. While the old broken dishwasher was removed and the old working dishwasher was being installed, I visited with the family while working on making a hair bun cover. Nalbinding, like crochet and knitting, is a great way to keep hands occupied and maintain a bit of social distancing. Air hugs were exchanged. Sometimes the kids would stand beside me but all was ok. One of the great nieces requested bun covers for herself (mermaid), her sister (unicorn), and her brother (unspecified). I  suggested that I make a belt with pouches for his toy vehicles. Their mom agreed that would be good. I wrote down the requests and favorite colors for each in my bullet journal. The mom and I talked while she was sitting on one side of a table working on a jigsaw puzzle and I sat on the far end working on my bun cover. The kids, of course, were all over the house. I did do a quick tour of parts to the house seeing how they were making it their own. It would be nice if they decide to buy and remodel it. In the meantime, they seem comfortable there.

Today my plans are laundry, working on masks and bun covers, and cooking.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 02:50:01 pm by Annalog »

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33521 on: June 05, 2020, 09:50:08 am »
    Happy Friday.
    It's hot and steamy in Central Texas today - looks like that is the trend for the next few days.

Nothing new to report here.
    Stay safe.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33522 on: June 05, 2020, 11:38:49 am »
    Good Morning

105 with wind in the desert, but cooling significantly over the next few day (70s !).  I sat outside for a couple of hours before sunrise on the front porch.  MommaCat brought her 4 new kittens out and let me hold them.  3 Calicos and 1 Yellow tiger.  I built the porch with very large red sandstone slabs, so they all stay under there in the heat of the day.

My grand adventure today will a trip to the Post Office.

Happy Friday.  I hope fun, but safe plans are in the making...
    'da NapCat

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33523 on: June 05, 2020, 12:06:23 pm »
    Good afternoon.

We made a run to Trader Joe's during senior hour this morning followed by a haircut for me. I brought lunch home after that.

It is 91 degrees at the moment. Think we'll stay inside the rest of the day.

Hope you have plans that will make the weekend seem a little different than the previous weekdays. Stay safe.

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33524 on: June 06, 2020, 01:11:27 am »
    you and i are in the same boat....  i am definitely NOT a morning person, and trying to figure out how to do things early is not in my wheelhouse. 

i got another delivery yesterday (surprisingly not left in the lobby but actually delivered to my door) of goodies.  this time it's from sugarfina, a bouquet candy place.  i got A LOT of stuff from them, about 3/4 of it free or discount without knowing exactly what i'd be getting.

they seem to have had a partnership with pressed juicery for a while and must be overstocked with the pressed juicery gummies, because i got five different bottles of them.  also got 3 packs of their coffee gummies (which are actually caffienated) which they made in connection with Alfred's coffee.  Anyone ever hear of them?  I also got a bunch of caramels, fuji apple flavored, maple bourbon flavored, and sea salt caramel.  one of the freebies was their "gin collection." nothing alcoholic in that, it's more gummies (gimlet flavored and gin fizz bears) and a pack of gin and tonic filled chocolates.

there WAS one alcoholic treat in the two boxes i got, vodka filled chocolates.

i hadn't realized how much candy i still had from my last order, so now i have enough for quite a while and an willing to share all these virtually....
    (BTW, this even a full list of everything i got...)

Good morning at 3:50 AM on the east coast. It is 72, cloudy with 96% humidity. Forecast says high of 87 today. Guess I will have to remove the covers on the AC that helped to block cold air during the winter.

Telracs, I am familiar with Sugarfina stores but never thought of ordering online from them. I am having a lot of hard candy (Werther's Original hard caramels) and ginger candy (lately soft kind -- ginger chews) that I buy from Amazon. I do not know where to buy ginger candy around here, except maybe in Chinatown.

Reason for sucking on candies is that it has relieved the pain of the ear infection that I've had for so long. Two rounds of antibiotics did not cure it and the ENT doctor I spoke with on the phone with last week said the ear problem should go away on its own now and if not to call his office in two weeks (next Friday) to schedule an audio hearing test. I had one of those 4 years ago and my hearing was fine and that doctor couldn't find anything wrong except for bubbles in my nasal passage, so she prescribed an antibiotic.

I have a stash of sweet goodies in my refrigerator. I figured if I kept the peanut-butter pie Oreos in the freezer and don't eat them, I would not buy more. They were on sale at D'Agostino's recently, so I bought more. Now i have two packages of them and one small package of chocolate covered Oreos in the freezer (the freezer does not deter me from eating them, but my consumption of hard candies and my recent weight gain does). Thursday I added to that two small boxes of Raisinettes and one box of malted milk balls that were 3 for $3 in Rite-Aid.

My main reason for going out Thursday was to buy Vicks Vapo Rub (CVS) which is pretty amazing for my earache, but I also needed hard candies and ventured over to Rite-Aid on 8th Ave because their selection and prices are better than CVS. Also got some $5.00 8-oz. hand sanitizer at CVS. I haven't been using this even though I have a small bottle purchased in January. I wear disposable gloves when out, but now that the weather is hot, the sanitizer might be a good substitute. I took out two slices of plain pizza from Justino before I went home. Ate one Thursday and one on Friday. I stayed home on Friday. Got up too late to accomplish anything outside while we have the 8pm curfew.

Interesting that on 10th Ave. very few stores are boarded up (only independent Bowen Pharmacy which I found out later was looted). They only had the plywood boards on the part that was broken and the rest of the glass is still exposed. Over on 9th and 8th Avenues, a lot of stores, shops and restaurants were boarded up, even the ones that were open. Rite-Aid was boarded up too but the doors on 50th Street were not.

Wishing everyone a safe, happy and satisfying day and much kindness.
    New York, NY
    Flutist, Legal Services Professional
    Readers:  Paperwhite 2 (2013), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

KBoards.com

• Advertisement