Author Topic: The Good Morning Thread  (Read 1514775 times)  

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
  • madhouse escapee #671
    • View Profile
Re: The Good Morning Thread
« Reply #33950 on: August 31, 2020, 01:23:16 pm »
Happy Monday!
It's hot.
I got some wonderful news today.  A good friend of mine who retired last year is coming back to work for a while as a contractor.  She does purchasing and we have been hurting since she left.  So maybe now they will be able to get caught up.  (State purchasing rules are very complicated and sometimes rather silly.)  Of course I won't see her since we are all teleworking, but we can chat more easily.
We got new hardware to hang the hammocks.  Of course, now we have to wait a while for it to cool off enough to be pleasant outside...  But at least we have what we need.
Stay safe.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • DH and me
      • View Profile
      • Origami Turtle's photostream
    « Reply #33951 on: September 01, 2020, 12:47:27 am »
    good morning from finland.

Lhetetty minun SM-G960F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Welcome and Good Morning!

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • DH and me
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33952 on: September 01, 2020, 01:32:26 am »
    A very early good morning from northeastern Arizona. The skies are mostly clear and I can see the stars. :)

DH and I are helping get some property ready to sell for a relative who cannot travel. Due to road closures it now takes us over 4 hours, one way, to get here. Therefore, instead of our usual drive up and then stop at our daughter's house on the way back home to spend the night before finishing the drive the next morning, we figured that we would get more accomplished by sleeping in the car on the property.

Our daughter was a bit skeptical of our plan. "Mom and Dad, you are no longer 19. Wouldn't you be much more comfortable in a hotel, or even a nearby campground?" Well, both DH and I figured that it would be fun to see if we could make it work. Besides, it would be much cheaper and we would have more time to get stuff done.

Fortunately, we decided to take both vehicles, DH's pick-up truck for transporting stuff and my Prius for trips to the local town and for sleeping in. We figured that we could probably both fit in the back of the Prius with the back seats folded down. If that didn't work, because DH is taller than I am, then DH could recline in the front passenger seat. Well, DH is too tall to fit in the back and the dashboard has a blinking red light when the car is off. So, he is sleeping in the cab of his truck and I am in the back of the Prius. We went to sleep not long after sunset. I woke up a bit after midnight and spent some time admiring the stars and the moon. Then I decided that this would be a fun time to post. ;)

I am going back to sleep. I am sure that the sun will wake me up so that I can get an early start pulling more weeds and doing more cleanup before we leave here this afternoon. DH will be taking stuff to Tucson in the truck while I will be headed to our daughter's house to deliver a monitor stand DH made and also check out the patterns for the Journey to Nebula  sew-a-long that my daughter and I are both doing. The first video is being released later today but I won't be cutting fabric until I get back home tomorrow.

Update: Just woke up to bright pre-dawn sky. The sun will rise behind a group of pinyon on the hill. :D I like watching sunrise but, as a night owl, I don't do it often. :)

I hope your days are wonderful. Have fun safely and be excellent to each other.
    « Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 04:33:16 am by Annalog »

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33953 on: September 01, 2020, 06:08:28 am »
    Good morning.

Thunder in the area although the weather widgets say rain not expected until later in the morning. We have the potential for thunderstorms for the next 3 days with a flash flood watch in effect until sometime Thursday.

II's relief was to be late this morning. Don't really know exactly when he'll get home. I do know he will sleep most of the day as he works again tonight.

I'm headed to Trader Joe's shortly. Maybe I'll make it between storms. Otherwise, a day spent being quiet with maybe a load or two of laundry to be done.

Hope you have a good day. Stay safe.

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33954 on: September 02, 2020, 04:57:25 am »
    Good morning.

Flash flood watch still in effect until tomorrow. Thunderstorms likely today with the possibility of another inch and a quarter of rain or so. There is hope that some of this will not occur. It was supposed to storm overnight but I haven't seen any evidence that it did.

I awoke way too early this morning. Counting on the coffee to make me a little more alert.

Definitely getting a little lonely in this corner.

Have a good day. Stay safe.

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
    • Member #1600 since January 15, 2009
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33955 on: September 02, 2020, 08:19:42 am »
    Morning.  I'm still in an almost daily funk and don't really see it changing anytime soon, but I'll try to check in a little more often. 

LL, this corner is getting a little lonely!  I still read this thread every day even if I don't post and there are definitely some missing "regulars".

Stay safe, be well.

Online mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33956 on: September 03, 2020, 01:22:08 am »
    Good morning.

I went to internist/annual physical doctor appointment Wednesday afternoon. I'm pretty good except for having gained 20 pounds since late March. The scale there weighs heavy! I should not have told her what has happened with my brother over the past year, because she focused in on his having clots in November. This was after he had stage 4 bladder cancer and he'd stopped taking X anticoagulant the summer when he thought his cancer symptoms were side effects. He told me the clots were from the cancer (and it is a frequent risk after cancer). My doctor is also an oncologist. So then I told her "he always drank too much, seriously!" and my other brother who died in 2016 did too. I told her I was more concerned about whether I would take after my mother who'd had dementia in her last 8 years. Maybe it's because they don't have a medical prevention for that while they have drugs for heart and artery problems.

Her office is on Broadway almost to 74th Street, and there is Fairway, so I made an unplanned visit there. They had out front with the produce bags of peanuts in the shell for baseball games. I bought the New York Mets ones. They also had the Yankees. I shlepped two shopping bags on my shoulders to walk home. Later I went out again to buy wine and headed over to Amish Market and just to get more steps in to Broadway. My phone has a total of 4.7 miles for the day.

Tom Seaver died! Wouldn't mean much unless you grew up with the Mets. I started watching them in 1968 and he was a rookie in '67. Our Mets channel (SNY) had commentary about it for a few hours with phone calls to Mets from that era and baseball announcers who had worked with him. He made the Hall of Fame in 1992. Mets traded him away in 1977 (?).

It is becoming more humid but high temp was 79. Sweaty day for me.

Health clubs in NYC started opening Wednesday. Mine hasn't announced a date yet, but the pool cannot open (no classes either). This is beginning to look like it will go on forever, and I will have to keep using my Lifecycle and take long walks. Two evenings this week I managed to do both cycling and walking. Tuesday evening I was in Riverside Park South just as it got dark. The pier is amazing then. When you get to the end you can look back and the water movement is very cool. I couldn't take any pics though. Phone was full and I need to learn more about using my new Nikon. There are some exits from that park that do not seem at all safe to me after dark, so I stick with the W. 68th Street ramp or stairs. Lots of people were leaving when I was. I didn't stay in there for long.

Hope you all are well for Thursday.
    New York, NY
    Flutist, retired legal word processing operator
    Readers:  Oasis 2, Kindle Fire 8 HD Plus, Paperwhite 2 (2013) (gave away), Fire HDX 8.9" (won't hold a charge now), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33957 on: September 03, 2020, 05:40:51 am »
    Good morning.

We were lucky yesterday to not get the amount of rain predicted. When the ground is as saturated as it is right now, we worry about shallow rooted trees falling over and taking the power lines down with them. Still a possibility of isolated thunderstorms today and tonight, but not much accumulation. At least sunshine is in the forecast for the weekend.

II working 3-11 today. I have a couple of projects in mind while he is gone. I need to get inside stuff done today as I will really need to mow as soon as it dries out enough.

I ventured out yesterday to bring lunch home, then we did homemade pizza for supper. Chicken pot pie soup (cooked in the slow cooker yesterday) for lunch so food prep should be at a minimum today.

Hope your day goes well. Stay safe.

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33958 on: September 03, 2020, 05:47:26 am »
    Good morning.

mlewis, Tom Seaver was a legend no matter which team you cheer for, RIP.  I particularly like the story I've heard of when he was traded to the Red Sox and the catcher asked him about going over the signs before the first game he was pitching.  Paraphrased, but Tom Terrific told him, "No signs.  You hold up your glove and catch whatever pitch I throw."

Everyone be safe, stay well.

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33959 on: September 03, 2020, 12:11:02 pm »
    I'm in a funk this week.  Yesterday would have been Daddy's 75th birthday and that has knocked me down.
    Glad to hear everyone is well.

Online mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33960 on: September 03, 2020, 02:44:13 pm »
    Good morning.

mlewis, Tom Seaver was a legend no matter which team you cheer for, RIP.  I particularly like the story I've heard of when he was traded to the Red Sox and the catcher asked him about going over the signs before the first game he was pitching.  Paraphrased, but Tom Terrific told him, "No signs.  You hold up your glove and catch whatever pitch I throw."

Everyone be safe, stay well.

Good one, Crebel. Thanks.
    New York, NY
    Readers:  Oasis 2, Kindle Fire 8 HD Plus, Paperwhite 2 (2013) (gave away), Fire HDX 8.9" (won't hold a charge now), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline telracs

• NYC
    • peace, love, justice.... and chocolate.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33961 on: September 03, 2020, 05:04:40 pm »
    i'm actually old enough and enough of a Mets fan to remember Seaver during his second stint as a Met. for all i know (memory is not great), i might have even seen him pitch. 

tuesday i used my outback GC and ordered on line and hiked there.  it's about 2 miles each way, and annoyingly hilly.  but i bought 2 steaks and a baked potato and a sweet potato and soup, so i have enough food for a few days. 

yesterday i went to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription.  i was going to walk to the grocery store after that, but the pharmacy had water on sale, and i had my backpack so i could carry it home, so i just got that and TP there.  i was going to go out today, but it's too hot and humid.

so instead, i started reading the Lord of the Rings.  Kindle says it should take me 25 hours....

Online mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33962 on: September 03, 2020, 09:51:10 pm »
    I dropped off laundry Thursday evening. What an exciting life! I brought the cart home and went out again to get some things at Rite Aid on 8th Avenue. Just now I saw two photos posted from a friend who lives on 8th near 55th Street of protest march about 9pm. I was there an hour earlier. It started raining when I went out the 2nd time. I've lost my umbrella (I think when I had to do prep for the exterminator's bedbug prevention 8/15), so I bought a new one at Rite Aid. It's very small though, so I should buy a larger one.

After I got home again, I used the exercise bike. Didn't finish in time to play flute (don't want o bother neighbors late). i was reading Hilary Mantel's Mirror & the Light and listening to the Wolf Hall soundtrack while using the bike.

Hope everyone is well and enjoys Friday.
    New York, NY

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • DH and me
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33963 on: September 04, 2020, 05:22:59 am »
    Good morning from southern Arizona.

Yes, this corner is a bit lonely. I hope that those who are not currently posting are safe and well.

Tuesday morning, after watching sunrise, I got out of the car, used the restroom in the trailer, and started pulling more weeds while DH kept sleeping in the cab of the truck. After he woke up, I drove to the nearby town to buy breakfast and get supplies (a couple plastic totes and more gallons of water for flushing the toilet in the trailer). I ate my breakfast while in town and picked up food for DH on the way back. It started raining as I was driving back. While DH ate, I finished packing the last of the personal stuff in the totes and put them in my car. After DH ate, we loaded some heavy stuff in the truck and some more stuff in my car. The light rain had stopped but the clouds were looking worse. Someone came by and made an offer on the trailer which we accepted but will need to return to complete when we have the title with us and he has the cash.  We left a little after noon with DH headed to Tucson to drop some stuff off before heading home and me headed to our daughter's house to shower, visit, and spend the night. Wednesday morning I headed to Tucson to drop off other stuff before heading home.

Just before leaving the lot on Tuesday, I was bitten by what was probably red ants as they were active during the rain. I have three bites on the front of my right hip that were very painful and swelled quickly. I headed to the Safeway in the town closest to the lot and bought CamphoPhenique and Benadryl Gel to put on the bites. That helped a lot on the drive! I reapplied as necessary. At its worst the inflammation and swelling area was the size of my hand with the fingers spread. Now the swelling is gone and the inflamed area is about the size of my palm. I only had local reactions, not systemic ones. I only needed the CamphoPhenique the first day and I hope today is the last day for the Benadryl Gel. This has been typical for when I get red ant bites. Now I have the CamphoPhenique and Benadryl Gel in the overnight bag with my meds instead of just in the medicine cabinet.

Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday, messages and phone calls with the realtor and us occurred. A potential buyer had made an offer on the lot Tuesday afternoon that we had to respond to by Wednesday afternoon. (DH has POA for his relative.) It was an extremely low offer and we rejected it but I had to get home in time to help DH with the printing, scanning, and transmission of the rejection paperwork. Laundry and more text messages and phone calls transpired. I got to spend some time in the garden and my craft room.  :)

Thursday was more of the same: laundry, phone and text messages, garden, crafts. We also did some packing for another trip to northeastern Arizona again today, this time with the title for the trailer. Today we are just taking my car and I will be driving. We should only be at the lot for less than an hour before leaving to visit with our daughter and spend the night before driving home tomorrow.

I did pack a craft project to work on this evening at my daughter's house since it is part of a sew-a-long that she asked if I wanted to do with her and a few thousand other people around the world. ;D The Journey to Nebula officially started on Tuesday with the Seaside table runner.) I expect that we will have fun laying out pieces of fabric in various arrangements to choose which will work best. I am also taking some material from my stash that my oldest granddaughter would like. I think that it will be for some masks and she didn't say how much she wanted. (Organizing my fabric stash on bookcase shelves and then having photos on my phone has been so very convenient.  ;D)

« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 05:55:54 am by Annalog »

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33964 on: September 04, 2020, 05:39:11 am »
    Good morning.  Another day with no specific plans, but weather should be lovely and no rain in the forecast before next Tuesday.  I may ask MIL to take me to the grocery store so I can pick up some fresh fruit and veggies myself.

Everyone stay safe, be well.

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33965 on: September 04, 2020, 05:45:30 am »
    Good morning.

mlewis, boring is fine with me right now, although I really would like to feel comfortable traveling a bit or at least make some plans for travel.

A high of 85, the possibility of isolated thunderstorms this afternoon, and overnight lows in the 60s for the next few days. It might be September, after all.

News on Covid-19 continues to be depressing but I find it impossible to totally ignore. I prefer to make bread when it isn't quite as humid as it has been. Making some today or tomorrow might be therapeutic. Not sure what we'll get up to today. II is off, then works 11-7 tomorrow and Monday. That schedule makes it hard to do anything major around the house. I think I'd rather he had been scheduled to work 2 nights in a row over the weekend.

I will say this week has flown. It doesn't seem like it could be Friday already. Hope your day is a good one and you have a little something planned for the 3-day weekend. Stay safe.

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33966 on: September 04, 2020, 06:44:50 am »
    Happy Friday! It is 73 and rainy here today. It is a nice change to have some cooler weather again. I am enjoying the rain since I don't have to drive in it.
    Have a great day. Stay safe.

Offline Jane917

• Ridgefield, WA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33967 on: September 04, 2020, 08:59:53 am »
    I enjoy reading your posts every morning and learning how people are coping with all this strangeness in the rest of the country. It shows how resilient we can be. I have lived in the west all my life, and hearing about everyday NYC living is entertaining. Visiting NYC is on my bucket list (it is a long list). For now I am not even visiting our beautiful Oregon and Washington beaches that are only an hour away. However, I manage to get out everyday, even if only to take a drive. I have kids and grandkids 30 minutes away, but we rarely visit, and only in the backyard with social distancing. The grandkids have started school (K, 1st, 2nd grades), but are in learning pods at home with hired teaching assistants, who are all not employed with the school district due to remote teaching. I feel very fortunate that they all have their devices, good internet connection, and are very smart kids. If they skip the whole year of school, they will still do well. As a former educator, I know this is not true of all families, perhaps most families.

Stay healthy, stay safe, and if you are in the west/SW, stay COOL! I talked to a friend in Sacramento today who expects the temps to rise to 113 this weekend......and the skies are still smokey due to all the fires.  Jane
    Words with Friends: Jane917

(Make your own reading bar)

Online mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33968 on: September 05, 2020, 04:08:33 am »
    Good morning.

Hi Jane. One of two trips that I was going to make this year was to Portland, OR to visit a friend from high school. She was in Tucson for many years and moved up there about two years ago. The other trip was going to be the flute convention in Dallas. Next year it will be in Washington, DC.

Instead of picking up laundry, I took a walk in Riverside Park South. Got there just at the time of sunset (7:22) and there was a nice pink sky. Took some photos with the phone. There is a pier that goes out into the river that lines up with 70th St. I walked out there after dark (lighted and enough people around). I do not know how long the pier is but it seems like it's about 1/4th of the way to New Jersey. I observed the outdoor tables and people on West 72nd Street after I left the park.

Earlier I used the indoor bike and later i played my flute. Had the Mets game on for a few minutes.

Although it has been quiet here, I think this is the most consistent ongoing thread on kboards. On second thought, maybe not. "Change one word" is busier, but of the ones I follow it has always been here for me.

Hope everyone is well.
    « Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 04:11:14 am by mlewis78 »
    New York, NY

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33969 on: September 05, 2020, 05:55:26 am »
    Good morning.

67 degrees with an expected high of 87 and some sunshine. Probably not enough to dry out the yard enough for mowing, though. Maybe by tomorrow.

Tweaked the seeded bread recipe a bit more yesterday. Much closer to what I was wanting in consistency. The first two tries resulted in slices that fell apart in the middle when you spread butter or mayo on them. I changed the wheat and white flours to be equal amounts and that seems to have worked. I don't mind soft bread, but I do prefer it staying in one piece as I eat it. Guess I might continue to make bread a little more often. I do plan to throw in a loaf of white bread on occasion, also.

II working 11-7 tonight so there won't be much activity around here. Food will be some of those items I froze for future use. Now to decide on what we're eating tomorrow. I think I have too many choices.

Hope your weekend is going well. Stay safe.

Offline Jane917

• Ridgefield, WA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33970 on: September 05, 2020, 08:47:28 am »
    mlewis78, I do hope you get to visit Portland some day. All the reports you read about Portland being a mess right now are not really true. The protests are in about  4 block area downtown. I would not venture downtown right now, but the rest of the area is peaceful and beautiful. We live about 20 miles from downtown Portland and our kids live another 10 miles south of downtown. There is no disruption to their lives, other than COVID.

loonlover, I am also a bread baker, but have eased up in the hot weather. In recent years I have resorted to No Knead Bread because it is pretty idiot proof. However, I started making bread back in the 70s and moved on with Tassajara bread (even grinding our own wheat). We lived in Montana at the time, so sourcing whole wheat grains was not an issue.

Have a good weekend all, and stay safe. We usually have large family gatherings, sometimes out of town, on Labor Day weekend, but that is a moot point this year.
    Words with Friends: Jane917

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33971 on: September 05, 2020, 11:11:29 am »
    Good afternoon!  Last load of laundry is in the dryer and pork tenderloin chops are thawing to grill this evening while having our weekly cribbage games with MIL.

I did get to the store yesterday, in and out in 15 minutes with no shopping expect down the produce aisle which ends at the specialty cheese case.  Exciting stuff -- 2 onions, 2 cucumbers, 2 zucchini, 2 avocados, 1 yellow squash, a bag of baby spinach, 2 pears, a bag of grapes, already cut watermelon, fresh mushrooms, and corn on the cob, so I also picked up cohita cheese to make street corn.

I'm not sure why right now, but the pickings were slim in the produce - no asparagus, tomatoes, or lettuce of any kind (except the spinach). No garlic except minced jarred  :o.  There was only one choice of apples, no melon besides the watermelon, peaches were gone, no oranges, etc. Maybe the truck did not come in, I didn't ask, just got what was available and high-tailed it out of there.

Our daughter, who is the athletic director at a Division 3 school in the midwest is in home quarantine until September 15th.  Her test came back negative, but her whole staff along with the men's soccer team and women's volleyball team had to go into quarantine after contact with several students who tested positive and came in before getting their school-given-and-required test results. Sigh ... 

For months in setting up protocols, she tried to get administrators to require test results before letting students move into dorms, but she was overruled.  They didn't even make it to the first day of classes before quarantine. At least she and the now-quarantined students are already set up and prepared to teach and receive instructions via Zoom.

Stay as safe as you can, be well.

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • DH and me
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33972 on: September 06, 2020, 06:24:27 am »
    Good morning from southern Arizona.

The trip to northeastern Arizona went as expected. We arrived at our daughter's house in time to eat dinner and visit. My granddaughter had wanted the fabric for masks so I left 1/3 yard of each one which will be enough for 8 mask fronts.

Our cats were happy to see us when we got back home yesterday afternoon. Dusty got caught up with petting, and Sylvester ate his canned cat food eagerly. Fixing his canned food was my first activity after entering the house. Sylvester deliberately ate dry cat food while watching me prepare his canned food. I am not sure exactly what he was trying to tell me. "I survived eating this dry stuff." "Can you hurry? I waited for you but I'm still starving!" "I will believe that you fixing the good food for me only when you place it in my regular eating area." "I am not letting you out of my sight until real food is placed in front of me!" Later in the day, Sylvester napped with DH in his recliner. That was unusual for Sylvester as he usually prefers to nap on his cat tree or on an empty chair.

I worked in my craft room a bit but was tired from all the driving and went to bed early.

Laundry, gardening, mask making, and other crafting is on today's agenda.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 06:26:10 am by Annalog »

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33973 on: September 06, 2020, 06:49:24 am »
    Good morning.

A very pleasant morning at 67 degrees, but it is supposed to be in the 90s this afternoon.

II going to try to sleep for a few hours this morning, then he'll stay up until around 3 AM as he works 11-7 again tomorrow. I'd still rather he have worked 2 nights in a row, although I imagine the guy who made up the schedule thought he was doing him a favor by giving him a day in between.

Crebel, I have noticed the produce stock at the different stores varies from trip to trip, even if I am there on the same day of the week. I assume that the stores may be having to vary their sources more than has been normal in the past. And sorry to hear about your daughter's quarantine. I know a lot of the places seeing a rise in cases here in Arkansas are the college towns.

Jane, I'm not sure I would ever go to the work of grinding my own grain, but I can see the appeal. I began baking bread in my teens with assistance from my father and both grandmothers. I still use one of the big crockery bowls that was a wedding present to my grandmother in 1915. Do wish I could find a recipe for cracked wheat bread like that we bought in Canada when we lived there. Still the best whole grain bread I remember eating.

I have no plans for the day other than being lazy, reading the papers, and doing the usual cooking.

Do enjoy the day. Stay safe.

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33974 on: September 06, 2020, 07:57:39 am »
    Good morning.  I was up before sunrise and am on my 2nd pot of tea already, but still not feeling very awake.  There may be an early nap in my future.

DH and MIL are on the golf course this morning.  When they return, and before it gets too warm, we will be out painting newly replaced wood in our walk-way on the front of the house.  Nothing else planned after we are done with that, every person for themselves with leftover food, no cooking.

Tomorrow the 3 of us will have an extra cribbage games day.  Ribs, potato salad, spinach salad, and watermelon will be the Labor Day menu.  After last night's meal and cribbage we enjoyed grilled pears which I had marinated in a butter/cinnamon jelly mixture, then sliced and drizzled with salted caramel sauce.  That was a new experiment which was delicious, easy, and will be made again.

LL, yes, most college towns are huge hot spots right now.  I do feel blessed that both of our adult children have tested negative after close contact with positive testers.  A couple of weeks quarantine for each of them is a small price to pay for safety and avoiding more spread.  I am also thankful they are each able/were able to work from home during their quarantines.

Everyone stay safe, wear a mask in public, keep washing your hands often, and be well.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement