Author Topic: The Good Morning Thread  (Read 1476926 times)  

Offline tecwritr

• Wichita, KS
    • View Profile
Re: The Good Morning Thread
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2008, 08:30:01 am »
Good morning all.  The weather here in Wichita (KS) is beautiful.  I'm on vacation this week and enjoying every minute of it.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Vampyre

« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2008, 08:31:01 am »
    Puppys on their first ice is priceless.

Offline Suzanne

• N. Huntingdon, PA
    • No. 336
      • View Profile
    « Reply #52 on: November 26, 2008, 09:34:46 am »
    Good afternoon! It's a lovely cold day with about 4 inches on the ground and it looks beautiful, so white & clean. It'll be a fairly quiet day, just making two pumpkin pies today. Tomorrow is FeastDay! Have a wonderful holiday everyone and for you souls brave enough to face those 4 a.m. Black Friday sales, I hope you get some real deals!!!

Offline chynared21

• Phew...Teninx found his tinfoil hat!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #53 on: November 26, 2008, 12:52:11 pm »
    Good afternoon...chilly in NYC and it feels like snow ;-p

My turkey is happy in his brine...amazed that I could fit a 5 gallon pail into the refrigerator. Boy, the three of us will be eating turkey for days to come!!!

Ah...I love Thanksgiving! It's my favorite holiday and it kicks off the season :-)))

Offline Vegas_Asian

• Sin City
    • I know KungFu and 50 other dangerous words!!!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #54 on: November 26, 2008, 12:55:08 pm »
    I woke up this morning and was doing quite well, but when I walked out the door i realized it was raining. I live in Vegas and it only rain rains at a couple of times a year. I've done well to avoid driving in the rain here, but today I had to go to class and take my quiz. So I had my best friend on speakerphone (my family was still sleeping) as moral support and I made my way to school. I have NEVER driven in the rain before until this morning.

Offline chynared21

• Phew...Teninx found his tinfoil hat!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #55 on: November 26, 2008, 03:33:53 pm »
    I woke up this morning and was doing quite well, but when I walked out the door i realized it was raining. I live in Vegas and it only rain rains at a couple of times a year. I've done well to avoid driving in the rain here, but today I had to go to class and take my quiz. So I had my best friend on speakerphone (my family was still sleeping) as moral support and I made my way to school. I have NEVER driven in the rain before until this morning.
    Glad you made it safely Vegas. I've driven in blinding rain, black ice and blizzard conditions...never easy but you get used to it if you have to.

Offline Vegas_Asian

• Sin City
    • I know KungFu and 50 other dangerous words!!!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #56 on: November 26, 2008, 05:28:12 pm »
    It was sad I had to call family in Hawaii to find where my windsheid wiper thingy was.

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #57 on: November 26, 2008, 05:36:32 pm »
    It was sad I had to call family in Hawaii to find where my windsheid wiper thingy was.
    Guess it doesn't rain much in Hawaii, either ... except for hurricanes.  Glad you made it safely.  I've had to drive in Tropical Storm conditions and it isn't fun, especially with my mature eyes. 

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
    • Global Moderator
    • Maine, USA
    • Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies available now!
      • View Profile
      • Maine Desk
    « Reply #58 on: November 26, 2008, 06:33:03 pm »
    I have driven through everything and then some, but thankfully, this holiday, I only have to drive 6 miles to pick up my parents and bring them to dinner!

I went and saw Australia today. I'd recommend it for good, fun old-fashioned movie entertainment. If you like big pictures (think Titanic) I would say go for it. I had a great time.

L

Leslie Nicoll

Vampyre

« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2008, 03:51:18 am »
    Happy Thanksgiving day everyone.  I just had a nice big breakfast at the Huddle House while wearing my spiffy new Kindleboards tee shirt.  Now I am at work until 1430.  Then I'll be off to my sister's for the feast.

It looks like it's going to be a very bright sunshiny day with temps in the high 60's, low 70's.  Perfect fall weather,  I love it.

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #60 on: November 27, 2008, 03:59:38 am »
    It's 46 here on the Treasure Coast of Florida, but going up in the high 70s.  I've been up since 5am, but not because I have to get an early start on cooking.  It just seemed like the thing to do at the time.

I roasted the sweet potatoes last night.  They just have to be peeled and sliced and layered with apples, spices and apple cider.  Green bean casserole is a snap to throw together, and then the potatoes au gratin which is the time consumer.

Looking forward to Thanksgiving with friends and family.  Hope everyone has a great day.  May your turkey be moist and your stuffing plentiful.

Offline Dori

• Indiana
    • Dori is #10 x 10
      • View Profile
    « Reply #61 on: November 27, 2008, 04:01:16 am »
    Happy Thanksgiving.  It is 27 on the way to 57 here in So. Indiana.  I will spend a quiet morning then off to SI L's house for the feast and fun and games with niece and nephews and gr8 niece and nephews.

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Administrator
    • Alexandria, VA
    • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey.
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #62 on: November 27, 2008, 04:18:12 am »
    For the first time in years, we've got nowhere to be and no one coming in on Thanksgiving.  Everyone, including my sister-in-law, whom we typically spend the day with, is heading out of town.  We may go for a walk.  (That I can be going for walks 3 weeks out from knee surgery is waht I'm thankful for!)

Betsy
    Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
    Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX    KB Member #72
    Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
    • Global Moderator
    • Maine, USA
      • View Profile
      • Maine Desk
    « Reply #63 on: November 27, 2008, 05:00:36 am »
    Good morning,

It is 24 degrees here and everything is covered in frost. I do see the sun so hopefully it will be a nice day.

Okay, so now I need some advice. My daughter went to NYC for the holiday to see her friend and apparently, in her first 6 hours there, so got pickpocketed  >:( So...she lost her cash, debit card (call the bank), bus ticket home and passport. She had her passport because she doesn't drive and thus needs the passport for ID.

So, does anyone know what the protocol is for a stolen passport? Who do I call?

L

Leslie Nicoll

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #64 on: November 27, 2008, 05:02:10 am »
    For the first time in years, we've got nowhere to be and no one coming in on Thanksgiving.  Everyone, including my sister-in-law, whom we typically spend the day with, is heading out of town.  We may go for a walk.  (That I can be going for walks 3 weeks out from knee surgery is waht I'm thankful for!)

Betsy
    I'd wish you a quick recovery, but it seems like you're already having one.  Keep it up. 

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Administrator
    • Alexandria, VA
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #65 on: November 27, 2008, 05:05:35 am »
    Good morning,

It is 24 degrees here and everything is covered in frost. I do see the sun so hopefully it will be a nice day.

Okay, so now I need some advice. My daughter went to NYC for the holiday to see her friend and apparently, in her first 6 hours there, so got pickpocketed  >:( So...she lost her cash, debit card (call the bank), bus ticket home and passport. She had her passport because she doesn't drive and thus needs the passport for ID.

L

She must report it immediately.  Here's the link:
    http://travel.state.gov/passport/lost/lost_849.html

Or call us toll free at: 1-877-487-2778 (TTY 1-888-874-7793)  Although it says not open on Federal Holidays.  hmmmm

• Administrator
    • Alexandria, VA
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #66 on: November 27, 2008, 05:07:24 am »
    She must report it immediately.  Here's the link:
    http://travel.state.gov/passport/lost/lost_849.html

Or call us toll free at: 1-877-487-2778 (TTY 1-888-874-7793)  Although it says not open on Federal Holidays.  hmmmm

This also has good info:
    http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_830.html

Sounds like she must apply in person for a new one...

Betsy

• Administrator
    • Alexandria, VA
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #67 on: November 27, 2008, 05:09:12 am »
    Good morning,

L

See my previous posts for info, but now I just want to say she must be sooo upset.  This happened to the daughter of another friend, same way, happened immediately I think in the train station.  I'm sorry to hear it for you and her!!!  Keep us posted in between working on it.

Betsy

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #68 on: November 27, 2008, 05:10:59 am »
    Good morning,

L

I don't know about other states, but Florida issues a photo ID card at the DMV offices.  Then she wouldn't have to carry around a passport, although it's always a good idea to have one. 

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
    • Global Moderator
    • Maine, USA
      • View Profile
      • Maine Desk
    « Reply #69 on: November 27, 2008, 05:25:16 am »
    See my previous posts for info, but now I just want to say she must be sooo upset.  This happened to the daughter of another friend, same way, happened immediately I think in the train station.  I'm sorry to hear it for you and her!!!  Keep us posted in between working on it.

Betsy

Thanks, Betsy. Yes, she is upset and I am too. Oh well, we'll figure it out. Thanks for the link to the passport info. We also talked to her friend's parents and they are going to contact the police and file a report with them.

L

Leslie Nicoll

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
    • Global Moderator
    • Maine, USA
      • View Profile
      • Maine Desk
    « Reply #70 on: November 27, 2008, 05:26:53 am »
    I don't know about other states, but Florida issues a photo ID card at the DMV offices.  Then she wouldn't have to carry around a passport, although it's always a good idea to have one. 

Yes, they have that here in Maine but we've never really looked into it because she is hoping to get her driver's license one of these days. She has been abroad several times so she has had a passport since she was a baby.

L

Leslie Nicoll

Offline Anne

• Queens New York
      • View Profile
    « Reply #71 on: November 27, 2008, 05:46:12 am »
    Happy Thanksgiving.It is 40 degrees here in NewYork. I hope everyone has a Great Thanksgiving.

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
    • Global Moderator
    • Maine, USA
      • View Profile
      • Maine Desk
    « Reply #72 on: November 27, 2008, 05:49:46 am »
    I am trying to find the silver lining in this stolen passport fiasco and I think I have: she didn't take her Kindle with her on her trip. I suggested it several times (I mean, she was riding for hours on the train) but she didn't want to. So Catalyst is here, safe and sound, wearing her lovely Oberon coat.

Phew!

L

Leslie Nicoll

Offline Anne

• Queens New York
      • View Profile
    « Reply #73 on: November 27, 2008, 05:55:43 am »
    Good morning,

L

L: I am so sorry about your daughter getting pickpocketed. The important thing is that she is okay. I had that happen to me about 7 years ago :(

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
    • Global Moderator
    • Maine, USA
      • View Profile
      • Maine Desk
    « Reply #74 on: November 27, 2008, 06:00:57 am »

L: I am so sorry about your daughter getting pickpocketed. The important thing is that she is okay. I had that happen to me about 7 years ago :(

Thank you, Anne. I suppose is just one of those life lessons thing but it is upsetting.

L

Leslie Nicoll

KBoards.com

• Advertisement