Author Topic: The Good Morning Thread  (Read 1531442 times)  

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
Re: The Good Morning Thread
« Reply #550 on: December 16, 2008, 07:24:15 am »
Woke up to 64 degrees on the treasure coast and should hit 80 this afternoon.  Somewhat foggy when I took the garbage out, but not as bad as our usual fog.  It must have been pretty overcast because we saw a hot air balloonist and couldn't see any colors on the balloon; just gray.  It was coming down when we saw it. 

Got my Christmas pacakge in the mail today.  Only two people ahead of me in line.  Then I went to the Home Depot to look for a new tree topper.  They didn't have anything, but I got a really nice 6" Frosty nightlight for my granddaughter.  Half off. 

Off to WalMart (again). 

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline SongbirdVB

• Crystal, Minnesota
      • View Profile
      • Songbird's Nest
    « Reply #551 on: December 16, 2008, 07:37:19 am »
    It was -11 when I left the house this morning, but the windchill made it feel like a brisk -27.  We are expected to have a high of 6 today, but with the windchill it will still feel like it's below zero.  Yep, I love living in Minnesota in the winter.  ::)
    Those that cannot forgive others break the bridge over which they must pass themselves; for every person has need of being forgiven.

Offline KindleJaneRRT

• View Profile
    « Reply #552 on: December 16, 2008, 07:42:28 am »
    Good Morning, 54 degrees wet and cold here in "sunny" AZ today!  ;D
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?  We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us.  And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. ~Marianne Williamson

Offline Spiritdancer

• View Profile
    « Reply #553 on: December 16, 2008, 07:50:56 am »
    Sunny and warm in Jacksonville...

I'm afraid I've caught what everyone around me has had and have that sore throat/headache/achy all over stuff.  Unfortunately, pastors don't have time to be sick the week before Christmas!!  So, I've loaded up on drugs and am working on the youth Christmas play details and Christmas Eve stuff...

Hope all of you stay well...and warm!

Offline Vegas_Asian

• Sin City
    • I know KungFu and 50 other dangerous words!!!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #554 on: December 16, 2008, 08:20:18 am »
    it feels warmer than yesterday and its sunny. that's all I can say. according to the forecast it may snow again tomorrow. i'll let my mother drive her adult son to work tomorrow

Offline KBoards Admin

• Bellingham WA
    • Love all, moderate all.
      • View Profile
      • KBoards
    « Reply #555 on: December 16, 2008, 08:22:50 am »
    It's 18o in Bellingham, and about 3 inches of snow leftover from the weekend. Our ski hill finally opened this week - a very late opening. The girls are off to school and time for me to retreat to my office and return a bunch of calls from work. Have a good day all.  
    Flint and Flame: 15%

Authors: set up your own work-in-progress bar with our Author Sig tool.

Offline bkworm8it

• Pacific Northwest
      • View Profile
    « Reply #556 on: December 16, 2008, 09:39:41 am »
    Good morning., I'm cold cold cold... our office has yet to warm up this morning. We are supposed to get a snow storm tonight and Wednesday. I'm sooooo glad I no longer ride the cold sounder to work.

I think I'm going to start saving up for a home some place warm during the cold winter months.. OK so it's not -11 but I have no circulation so it feels even colder than that to me. People here stay away from me. They are afraid I may touch them. My boss calls me a reptile women LOL. Says he's going to buy me a heat rock and lamp to sunbath on so I warm up, just like the reptiles do!  ::)   well if it warms me up......

theresam
    So many good books, so little time!

Offline durphy

• View Profile
    « Reply #557 on: December 16, 2008, 10:30:04 am »
    People here stay away from me. They are afraid I may touch them. My boss calls me a reptile women LOL. Says he's going to buy me a heat rock and lamp to sunbath on so I warm up, just like the reptiles do!  ::)   well if it warms me up......

lol
    The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity.
    Dorothy Parker

Offline kim

• Minnesota, USA
    • Member #701
      • View Profile
    « Reply #558 on: December 16, 2008, 10:13:19 pm »
    I'm off to bed.  But since it's after midnight I thought I'd be the first to wish everyone a good morning and a great day.

Betsy - I didn't see another post from you...  Is the knee OK?

Offline Angela

• Texas
    • aka: tx_angel, A Wayt, Babe, Mom, Grandma, Hey YOU
      • View Profile
    « Reply #559 on: December 16, 2008, 10:23:12 pm »
    Good morning... sort of! I was out all day and this evening so I am just now getting to the boards. Since it is after midnight here in Texas it is technically tomorrow!  :D

Anyway, it is currently around 39 which is warmer than it was this morning. We had no sunshine today and don't expect any tomorrow/later today either.

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
    • Moderators-10003
    • Maine, USA
    • Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies available now!
      • View Profile
      • Maine Desk
    « Reply #560 on: December 17, 2008, 03:18:25 am »
    Good morning,

20 degrees here and we have snow...but not enough to cancel school. I am taking the afternoon off and going to see Milk with my daughter. I'll report back!

L

Leslie Nicoll

Offline katiekat1066

• Roanoke, VA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #561 on: December 17, 2008, 03:47:10 am »
    Good Morning!  Rain, rain, rain here in western VA, I'm very thankful it's not snow.  Remember, snow is a 4 letter word.  My boss is taking us all to Carraba's for lunch today for Christmas, she's the best about underwriting great luncheons.  Betsy, I'm hoping that no news is good news on your knee.

Katiekat

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Alexandria, VA
    • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey.
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #562 on: December 17, 2008, 04:28:53 am »
    Good morning!

Thanks for asking about my knee!  I went to bed last night and remembered I forgot to post.  Dr. says I shouldn't worry, but I was sort of bummed out anyway, everything had been going so well!   They took it a little easier at therapy.  And at therapy, the woman next to me was someone who had arthroscopic surgery for a torn meniscus like I did but had to subsequently have cartilage replacement surgery.  And her therapy regime is going to take a LOT longer this time.  The cartilage replacement is kinda cool in theory...when the doctor does the initial surgery, he takes some cartilage cells and send them to a company in New England where they clone it and grow knew cartilage.  Then, if you need it, it's ready.  The doctor did that with me, too (same doctor).  We'll know in another month or so if I need to do this.  But watching what the other woman has to do for therapy is kinda depressing.  But I'm trying not to borrow trouble.

At any rate, I'm hoping the roads here aren't too screwed up.  I have to go out and do tech support for a lecture being give to a quilting group I'm in (http://www.quiltartists.com)

Leslie, let us know about Milk--my husband and I want to see that!  We were in San Francisco not long after he was killed, the papers were still full and I've been interested in the story ever since.

Spiritdancer, hope you're feeling better.  My sister-in-law is a retired Presbyterian minister; we well know the demands on a pastor ALL the time, let alone the holidays!

Betsy
    Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
    Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX    KB Member #72
    Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline SongbirdVB

• Crystal, Minnesota
      • View Profile
      • Songbird's Nest
    « Reply #563 on: December 17, 2008, 04:47:56 am »
    Good knee news, Betsy.   ;D

We are having a total heat wave in MN.  It's 11 degrees ABOVE zero!   :o  Had some snow last night, it's the dry powdery kind... not good for snowballs but easy to brush off of the car.   8)

Those that cannot forgive others break the bridge over which they must pass themselves; for every person has need of being forgiven.

Offline Gables Girl

• I'd rather be on Maui!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #564 on: December 17, 2008, 04:59:19 am »
    Morning, it's 71 here in Miami.  Today I'm taking my department out to lunch, my company canceled the Christmas party this year.

Sounds like good news Betsy, congratulations and I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you don't have to use your cloned cartilage.
    GG

Offline Jeff

• McGregor, Texas
    • Member 95
      • View Profile
      • J. Hepple, Inc.
    « Reply #565 on: December 17, 2008, 05:07:41 am »
    Good morning all you nice people. The temperature deep in the heart of Texas is 37 degrees with an expected high of 57.

Offline drenee

• West Virginia
    • Member 527
      • View Profile
    « Reply #566 on: December 17, 2008, 05:11:33 am »
    Good morning,
    36 and rainy in northern WV.  Hopefully I get to stay in today and get caught up on work.  Laid out all of my christmas gifts last night and my goal is to wrap a little each evening.  Oh yeah, and I moved to the shipping soon status.  WOO HOO!!
    debbie
    Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life.

WwF  DRA60
    Miss you, Dona, Jeff and Harvey.

Offline Linda Cannon-Mott

• Assignment #118
      • View Profile
    « Reply #567 on: December 17, 2008, 05:14:59 am »
    Good morning everyone, it is a muggy 68 here in AL this morning & very stormy looking. We are in for some storms because the temp will be 29 on Sunday. Betsy so glad to hear the knee is good. :)

Happy Wednesday!
    Linda

Offline Linda Cannon-Mott

• Assignment #118
      • View Profile
    « Reply #568 on: December 17, 2008, 05:16:18 am »
    WOO HOO Debbie, happy to hear your Kindle will ship soon!  :D

Offline drenee

• West Virginia
    • Member 527
      • View Profile
    « Reply #569 on: December 17, 2008, 05:20:24 am »
    WOO HOO Debbie, happy to hear your Kindle will ship soon!  :D

Thank you, Linda.  I am very excited.  And that excitement is completely due to reading the kindleboards and sharing everyone else's excitement. 
    debbie
    Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life.

WwF  DRA60
    Miss you, Dona, Jeff and Harvey.

Offline tessa

• long island ny
      • View Profile
    « Reply #570 on: December 17, 2008, 05:26:31 am »
    37 and last nights snow melting so every thing is wet  which means black ice tonight.

We may not have ornaments on tree this year puppy likes to play fetch with them.   She keeps walking around tree not sure what it is and why its blocking her window.

Offline Anne

• Queens New York
      • View Profile
    « Reply #571 on: December 17, 2008, 06:34:31 am »
    Good Morning it is 45 here in New York today. It is raining today. Yesterday we had rain and ice. It was horrible walking home from the subway last night.

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #572 on: December 17, 2008, 06:45:46 am »
    61 degrees on the treasure coast. The sun isn't really out yet so it's still damp.  I was supposed to take Mom to the doctors this afternoon at 1:30 for follow up after our fall.  They called and asked if we could make it at 11:30.  Then they called again and asked us to come in at 11:00.  There goes my plan for this morning, but as I've known for a long time ... I plan, He laughs. 

Offline bkworm8it

• Pacific Northwest
      • View Profile
    « Reply #573 on: December 17, 2008, 08:22:08 am »
    Good morning, I don't know the temp but its SNOWING!! Loving every minute of it, wishing I wasnt working today  :o I hope the snow stays around for Christmas but with our luck here in tacoma, wa it will rain before then and melt all the snow away  >:(

Hope your all having a good day.

TheresaM
    So many good books, so little time!

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
    • Moderators-10003
    • Maine, USA
    • Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies available now!
      • View Profile
      • Maine Desk
    « Reply #574 on: December 18, 2008, 03:49:58 am »
    Morning all,

9 degrees this morning. It snowed all day yesterday and we had an accumulation of a few inches. Light, fluffy Christmas card snow. The nice stuff.

Hannah and I did see Milk and it was excellent. Sean Penn was incredible. My money is on him to win the best actor Oscar on Feb 22.

I have a little game I play with myself. After I see a movie, I read a bunch of reviews and try to decide which one I would have written, if I wrote movie reviews. I haven't read all of the reviews out there, but I think the one at Pajiba comes pretty close to summing up my opinion:

http://www.pajiba.com/milk-review.htm

L

Leslie Nicoll

KBoards.com

• Advertisement