Kindle Forum banner

The Good Morning Thread

2M views 36K replies 570 participants last post by  *DrDLN* (dr.s.dhillon) 
#1 ·
A thread just to say hello and good morning.

Rainy and miserable here in Maine today. The wind is howling! 39 degrees...at least it isn't snow.

L

See less See more
#183 ·
Good Morning!  36 here and the rain has stopped for the moment.  I-81 was a nightmare last night as we were trying to get home - a 2 hour trip took us nearly 4 hours.  I, too, am dreading going back to work - Fiscal end of year here and it will be really nasty for the next 3 weeks.  Starting sometime next week, I'll be putting in 12 hour days for a while :-\  So I'm getting in all the Kindleboarding I can for now!  Hope everyone's day is good!

Katiekat

#184 ·
36 and raining in the heart of the nation  So. Indiana.   Bah!   Going to school this morning and wrap caramels for our Christmas fundraiser.  Neighborhood Christmas Party tonight at Black Buggy Amish Buffet.  Have a great day all!

#185 ·
Good morning,
Waking up to a chilly 38 and an empty house without the grandkids.  It's amazing how big this place feels without their two little bodies running around.  Hope everyone has a great and productive Monday.

#186 ·
Still rainy and overcast here in Maryland. 43 degrees right now, so not too chilly.

Back to the routine this morning. Get lunches ready and kids out the door to school. Then exercise, shower and work. But only 5 more days till we leave for Disney World! :D

#187 ·
Leslie said:
Morning all,

33 degrees and back to work today. Ugh. My daughter finally got home from NYC safe and sound. My son is back at college. Time to get back to the routine.

L
Leslie--

glad your daughter is home safe! Yes, time to get back to the routine. I'm going to do some quilting today.

It's 43 here in Nothern VA, warmer than it has been, we're getting out the shorts, LOL! but it's going to get cold again this week. Yuck.

Betsy
(I like it when folks put some sense of where they are in their post, I don't know where everyone lives! Is it 23 in California? 72 in Minnesota, LOL!)

Betsy

#190 ·
drenee said:
Betsy,
I agree. It's nice to know where people are. 38 in Northern West Virginia.
Drenee,

You've snuck in here and have been quietly posting here there and everywhere and I never welcomed you to Kindlboards! Welcome, where in northern West Virginia are you? Driven around WVa a lot!

Did I read that you are a court reporter or am I confusing you with someone else? Thanks for all your good posts in the Book Corner!

Have you had snow up there yet? I went to college in Western Maryland (Frostburg) and we always had snow by October. Didn't stay long but then in November-December, just in time for finals, lookout!

Betsy

#193 ·
Good Morning from South Florida, it is 65 and raining.  The trip back on I-75 and the Florida Turnpike was super slow because of all the rain yesterday.  Back to the normal work schedule today.  I need a day of vacation to recover from the last 4 days. :)  Too much family, food and travel and not enough sleep.

#194 ·
Good morning all, from Bellingham WA. It's 45 degrees - and another day of rain. We got the Christmas lights up yesterday so this is the first morning that we get to see them lit up.

The girls just woke up so it's time to get 'em fed and ready for school. Have a great morning!

#195 ·
Spiritdancer said:
Good morning from North Florida...51 and sunny here. I had to be at the hospital at 6:30am with one of my church members...so I'm getting ready for my 2nd cup of coffee so I won't be tempted to sneak back to bed.

Leslie, so glad your daughter made it home safe and sound!
Good thoughts to your church member feeling better, and to you reaching your target heart rate! More coffee!

Betsy

#197 ·
It's 22 degrees here in Iowa..... we had snow yesterday with freezing and lots of accidents happening.  I read a DTB over the week-end from the library.... I had reserved it almost 6 months ago.... pre-Kindle.  I was SO glad to get it finished!!!  My Kindle has totally spoiled me!!  The DTB was awkward, heavy, my pages kept turning on their own.... and I couldn't believe how tired my eyes got from reading!!  Back to reading on my Kindle today, thank goodness!! 

#198 ·
Its somewhere between the 60's and 70's today. Back to the usually sunny weather with a light breeze. Perfect for a day of reading outside...if we actually had grass to lay across with a blacket to read. (sigh). Supposed to be studying for an exam which is in about.....3 hours, but I am here online surf around with my 75 lb lab laying across my feet keeping them warm. I also totally forgot the reason I jumped on the internet beside studying. I'm too afraid of grabbing my kindle knowing I am going to be fully engulf by is book-ness, which I love. Still jumpy for a 4 shot espresso pumkin spice latte. So I consider this my usual  decent morning between classes.

#200 ·
Good Morning from So. Indiana, Dori, and Genie.  It is 29 degrees F and a little sunny.

Hope you all have a kindling great day.
I am off to school again today to wrap homemade caramels for fundraiser.  90 batches of caramels is a bunch of wrapping.  I volunteered to wrap but told them that I did not feel called to the cooking ministry. (Did that last year.)