Kindle Forum banner

The Good Morning Thread

2M views 36K replies 570 participants last post by  *DrDLN* (dr.s.dhillon) 
#1 ·
A thread just to say hello and good morning.

Rainy and miserable here in Maine today. The wind is howling! 39 degrees...at least it isn't snow.

L

See less See more
#301 ·
sem said:
Good morning from very southern California. It is 46 here now and we expect it to get to 80 later. This is great weather for us because in the summer, it can be as high as 123! You folks in colder climes might think that is great but it can get very old.

Hope everyone has a great day - off to work now - see you later!
To be honest, I'd rather be cold than blazing hot. I can always put on another sweater or pair of gloves. Going naked in public is, unfortunately, not acceptable, except on a few beaches. And I can't spend all my time at the beach! LOL.

L

#302 ·
Good morning, everyone.  54 degress on the treasure coast when I got up this morning and already 79.  I've de-layered twice and it's time to change completely.

After lunch, I'll be running to coinstar to get in on the holiday bonus before it ends tomorrow.  I already got one myself.  My daughters and mother are doing the same for me for Christmas, but I'm taking the money to the machine myself. 

#306 ·
:)  Good Morning from Texas!  :)

It was 37 degrees here when I got up (about 8:30). Probably won't warm up much today... maybe 55 degrees. Nice and sunny, but breezy again, so it will feel colder.

I read for a few hours last night on my new Kindle, and also bought about 3 more books.  :-[ :-[ This machine makes it too easy to load up books... I could go bankrupt at this rate.  ;)

#311 ·
Gables Girl said:
Okay, I'll be he dissenter I would rather be hot then cold, why I live in South Florida. I can always find a way to get cool but getting warm can't be achieved in some places.
Yes, you are different. Either situation is miserable. The way I see it...If I'm cold, I can always put on more clothes. If I hot, once I'm naked, there's not much else to do. It also limits where I can go. ;D

Glove and foot warmers are great things. If I can keep my hand and feet warm, I am usually okay. They might help all of you that can't get warm.

#312 ·
sebat said:
Yes, you are different. Either situation is miserable. The way I see it...If I'm cold, I can always put on more clothes. If I hot, once I'm naked, there's not much else to do. It also limits where I can go. ;D

Glove and foot warmers are great things. If I can keep my hand and feet warm, I am usually okay. They might help all of you that can't get warm.
I'll agree both can be miserable, but I'll still stick to being hot rather then cold. The glove and foot warmers only work for about 5 minutes and then I'm cold again. I lived in cold too long to ever go back. One of the reasons I love Hawaii, is that it never too cold and never too hot. ;D

#313 ·
Gables Girl said:
I'll agree both can be miserable, but I'll still stick to being hot rather then cold. The glove and foot warmers only work for about 5 minutes and then I'm cold again. I lived in cold too long to ever go back. One of the reasons I love Hawaii, is that it never too cold and never too hot. ;D
Yes, I'll take hot over cold any day. I've lived in SoFla for 50 years and it's too late for me to get used to cold. I'd probably never get used to it at all since even as a kid, I hated snow and cold weather.

#316 ·
sebat said:
Sorry, I don't mean to tease. I haven't had a coconut boba. What's that?
You've never had a boba. They have it in hawaii, in Vegas you can only find it in China town area. Its a blended ice drink with big round pieces of mochi (or something like it) on the bottom. The place I go in Vegas makes theirs with real fruit. There are a lot of place in both hawaii and vegas that make most of their mixes with syrup or flavoring. Its also fun to drink.

#317 ·
I'm usually a pretty adventurous eater but I don't like mochi or azuki beans.  I went to Waiola Shaved Ice and Bakery, finest shaved ice I've ever had, but I wasn't able to eat my azuki bean shaved ice with mochi .

I'll try a boba, if I can pick around or leave out the mochi.  I'll have to look around for it.

I love Poke.  When I order it, I always get a strange look and they say, "You know thats raw fish don't you?"  Next time it happens, I just might lose my aloha! ;)

#318 ·
sebat said:
I'm usually a pretty adventurous eater but I don't like mochi or azuki beans. I went to Waiola Shaved Ice and Bakery, finest shaved ice I've ever had, but I wasn't able to eat my azuki bean shaved ice with mochi .

I'll try a boba, if I can pick around or leave out the mochi. I'll have to look around for it.
You're making me hungry, boba and shave ice. Here we have tres leches and black beans.....