Author Topic: The Good Morning Thread  (Read 1512945 times)  

Offline Angela

• Texas
  • aka: tx_angel, A Wayt, Babe, Mom, Grandma, Hey YOU
    • View Profile
Re: The Good Morning Thread
« Reply #350 on: December 07, 2008, 01:56:35 am »
Good Morning! It is almost 4am CST and I can't believe I am still up! I am always too wound up to sleep after traveling. Anyway, it is clear and 33 degrees here in NE Texas. According to weather.com we will have a beautiful sunshiney day with a high of 61. I am headed off to bed for a couple of hours before church and might be back online later. In any case, I hope you all have a wonderful and restful Sunday!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Vampyre

« Reply #351 on: December 07, 2008, 03:47:39 am »
    Happy Sunday Kindleteers!  The sun is about to pop up any minute now.  It's a brisk morning but not too bad.  I'd guess its about 47 out if I looked it up. 

Once the sun decides to get up, it should be in the up 60's or low 70's today.

Normally this would be my last work day until next Saturday but I get an extra shift Monday night weee!  T'is the season for extra shifts!!

Have a funfilledexciting day!

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Administrator
    • Alexandria, VA
    • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey.
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #352 on: December 07, 2008, 04:50:07 am »
    Happy Sunday! 

Vampyre, extra shifts are good!

My goodness, we have 942 members on Kindleboards, hard to keep up!

Have a great one, everybody!

Betsy
    Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
    Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX    KB Member #72
    Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
    • Global Moderator
    • Maine, USA
    • Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies available now!
      • View Profile
      • Maine Desk
    « Reply #353 on: December 07, 2008, 04:58:48 am »
    Good morning everyone! Happy Sunday. 29 degrees here in southern Maine and it is SNOWING! First snow of the season. It looks like Christmas card snow. White and fluffy and just sprinkling down. No wind at all.

L

Leslie Nicoll

Offline Dori

• Indiana
    • Dori is #10 x 10
      • View Profile
    « Reply #354 on: December 07, 2008, 05:09:04 am »
    Howdy, and have a blessed Sunday.   It is 16F in So. Indiana with a little sun. 

Offline Teninx

• View Profile
    « Reply #355 on: December 07, 2008, 05:22:48 am »
    Snowing for the first time here at NH's seacoast. Guess I don't have to finish raking the fall leaves after all :)

Offline Anne

• Queens New York
      • View Profile
    « Reply #356 on: December 07, 2008, 05:53:46 am »
    Good Morning  It is 38 here in New York today. I put my Christmas Tree up  yesterday. I will put the rest of my Christmas things up today.

Offline katiekat1066

• Roanoke, VA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #357 on: December 07, 2008, 06:04:12 am »
    Good morning!  It's all of 30 today in western VA with a high of 32 expected and lots of wind chill.  We had some snow yesterday, but thank goodness it was very light and went AWAY.  Far away is where snow belongs, I sometimes wonder why I moved this far north and this high into the mountains, but then I look out my window and remember how lovely it is here.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Katiekat

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #358 on: December 07, 2008, 06:06:34 am »
    Good morning.  It is 63 and sunny on the treasure coast.  That means it will probably hit close to 80 this afternoon. 

I took The Mom and grandkids to the park to see the Christmas lights and Santa last night.  One was too old to see Santa and the other was too scared. 

The lights were beautiful and I enjoyed the music, although Mom didn't care for the Jimmy Buffet type songs.  They had a horse and carriage, but neither one wanted to go on it.  Maybe when we go back next week. 

Since we were in a park, they felt they should run and roll around on the grass.  The boy ended up playing football with some kids and the girl decided to walk on top of the walls.  They had a blast.

Today is the last day for the coinstar promotion, so I'm going to Albertson's to get a couple of final e-certs from my family.

Offline Wisteria Clematis

• Pacific Northwest
      • View Profile
    « Reply #359 on: December 07, 2008, 06:32:34 am »
    Good Morning  It is 38 here in New York today. I put my Christmas Tree up  yesterday. I will put the rest of my Christmas things up today.

Ack! More like 16 up in the northern part of NY! You southerners down there in NYC don't know what true winter really is  ;)

Offline Gables Girl

• I'd rather be on Maui!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #360 on: December 07, 2008, 06:35:31 am »
    Good Morning it is 68 and sunny here is South Florida.  It is supposed to reach the mid 70's today, I love Florida in the winter. :)

I'm headed out to the grocery and to do my weekly bookstore visit for books to get on my Kindle.  Have a good one everybody.
    GG

Vampyre

« Reply #361 on: December 07, 2008, 06:42:58 am »
    I just came in from outside and must revise my earlier weather report.  I just checked via my Kindle and it's just 45 out with a wind chill of 35!  It feels colder now then when I came to work this morning.  The wind picked up a bit and it's very cold.  I may have to break out my jacket!

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #362 on: December 07, 2008, 06:43:55 am »
    Good Morning it is 68 and sunny here is South Florida.  It is supposed to reach the mid 70's today, I love Florida in the winter. :)

That's the beautiful thing about Florida in the winter ... the sun shining in a blue sky, birds flying overhead. 

Offline Gables Girl

• I'd rather be on Maui!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #363 on: December 07, 2008, 06:45:06 am »
    That's the beautiful thing about Florida in the winter ... the sun shining in a blue sky, birds flying overhead. 

Snowbirds crowding the roads and beaches..... ;D
    GG

Offline tessa

• long island ny
      • View Profile
    « Reply #364 on: December 07, 2008, 07:01:45 am »
    on Long island its 33 and 3 inches of snow.

New puppy loves snow. She better learn to go outside by her self (fenced in back yard).

Offline tessa

• long island ny
      • View Profile
    « Reply #365 on: December 07, 2008, 07:04:29 am »

Grass to be cut, weeds to be pulled, Northern family or friends coming to stay for weeks on end.

Offline Linda Cannon-Mott

• Assignment #118
      • View Profile
    « Reply #366 on: December 07, 2008, 07:50:09 am »

I'm headed out to the grocery and to do my weekly bookstore visit for books to get on my Kindle.  Have a good one everybody.

Gables Girl, please share your bookstore list with us. Good morning all, it is a beautful sunny day here in Alabama & 34. We're supposed to warm up to the mid 50's today. Have a good one!

Linda

Offline Suzanne

• N. Huntingdon, PA
    • No. 336
      • View Profile
    « Reply #367 on: December 07, 2008, 08:00:00 am »
    Good morning all. It's 20 degrees in North Huntingdon, PA and very windy. We have already shoveled the driveway & steps. The roads were atrocious last night. Icy. Lots of accidents.

Offline KeyboardKat

• View Profile
    « Reply #368 on: December 07, 2008, 08:01:13 am »
    :) :) Good morning from N. Texas!  :) :)
    It's sunny here and slightly breezy. Cold front is on the way for tomorrow afternoon.

My dog got skunked last night, so I have to get that off before the cold front comes.  ::)

I started a new book last night (Rings of Allah, part of a trilogy). So far, I want my money back, but I haven't gotten far enough to make a fair judgement... too sleepy to read much of it yet.

Housework awaits.

Offline Sandpiper

• Chicago 'burbs
    • How could you not smile back at Bonnie?
      • View Profile
    « Reply #369 on: December 07, 2008, 08:22:23 am »
    Good morning?  Waaaaaaa.  It's only 10 degrees here in the 'burbs west of Chicago.  :(  I don't like that.  At least it's kinda sunny.  I will be going out today.  My BFF is coming from a little ways away.  That is good.  :)

My bro beagle (1954-1966).  I still miss him big time.
    His last collar hangs on my bedpost.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #370 on: December 07, 2008, 08:41:30 am »
    Sunny and 34 here in Arlington.  But there's wood for the fire and the 'Skins play this afternoon. . .so we'll be fine.

Good Morning, er, almost afternoon. . . .:)
    Ann
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #371 on: December 07, 2008, 10:25:17 am »
    Snowbirds crowding the roads and beaches.....  :)

Gables Girl, that is why I got out of Miami/Ft. Lauderdale and moved a few miles up the road.  Hollywood Beach in the winter is pretty bad. 

Grass to be cut, weeds to be pulled, Northern family or friends coming to stay for weeks on end.

Tessa, Larry Lawnmower cuts my lawn.  I just have to head him in the right direction and push the button.  Then I can relax and Kindle.

Family and friends stay with my Mom.  She's nicer and a better cook.  I could be too, but then they'd want to stay with me as well.  I do have a reputation to maintain.

Offline Spiritdancer

• View Profile
    « Reply #372 on: December 07, 2008, 11:13:15 am »
    Good morning...oops, I mean afternoon!

A chilly 59 here in North Florida.  Weather report says that's our high today...going down to 33 tonight...brr!

Just back from church and lunch...and about to head to St. Augustine to drop something off for my daughter who is at Flagler College.

Hope everyone is having a beautiful day!

Offline Gables Girl

• I'd rather be on Maui!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #373 on: December 07, 2008, 11:17:45 am »
    Gables Girl, that is why I got out of Miami/Ft. Lauderdale and moved a few miles up the road.  Hollywood Beach in the winter is pretty bad. 

Tessa, Larry Lawnmower cuts my lawn.  I just have to head him in the right direction and push the button.  Then I can relax and Kindle.

Family and friends stay with my Mom.  She's nicer and a better cook.  I could be too, but then they'd want to stay with me as well.  I do have a reputation to maintain.

Why I live in the Gables, they don't venture over here much and if they do they go to the Miracle Mile and shop.  On the weekends we are just a small town surrounded by big Miami.  

Bookstore here is Books and Books and Jospeh-Beth Booksellers when ever I get to Lexington, KY or any other place they are.  Love both of them.  They are independent and not the usual chain stuff.
    GG

Offline tessa

• long island ny
      • View Profile
    « Reply #374 on: December 07, 2008, 12:25:21 pm »
     Gertiekindle  That pretty much how I get my husband to cut the lawn too, plus I have to serve lunch.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement