Kindle Forum banner

The Good Morning Thread

2M views 36K replies 570 participants last post by  *DrDLN* (dr.s.dhillon) 
#1 ·
A thread just to say hello and good morning.

Rainy and miserable here in Maine today. The wind is howling! 39 degrees...at least it isn't snow.

L

See less See more
#344 ·
A belated good Morning from Western VA!  It's taken me 5 hours to work my way down to this thread.  Enjoying the Army/Navy game here - GO NAVY!  I'll be watching the SEC championship later on also - I'm in a quandary, my Volunteers 2 major rivals are playing and I don't know who to root against!  It should be a rip-roaring game, though.  The REAL National Championship  ;)  I think I'm going to have to root for Alabama so that another SEC team can take the National Championship for the 3rd straight year - SEC football rules!  Now that I've probably enraged half of the football fans on here, I'll shut up now. ::)

Katiekat

#346 ·
I am a big Auburn fan and Bama is our biggest rival but I will be Roll Tide Roll today! I think it is going to be a good game, two great SEC teams playing. What more could a girl want? I have to mention that #85 Preston Dial is my cousin. He is a sophomore and has seen a lot of playing time this year and hopes to be a starter next year.

Good afternoon all and I am off to make a pot of chili.

Linda

#347 ·
Hey Linda!

Wow...an Auburn girl going for Bama...who would have thought it possible!  But then you mentioned your cousin...so I can understand.  I am a Gator Girl (graduated from UF in 1989...wow...almost 20 years ago...aaaarrrggghhh!).  I think it will be a good game too...although I mostly like the games where the biggest worry we have is whether the other team will get a touchdown at all.  ;D

#348 ·
Spiritdancer said:
Hey Linda!

Wow...an Auburn girl going for Bama...who would have thought it possible! But then you mentioned your cousin...so I can understand. I am a Gator Girl (graduated from UF in 1989...wow...almost 20 years ago...aaaarrrggghhh!). I think it will be a good game too...although I mostly like the games where the biggest worry we have is whether the other team will get a touchdown at all. ;D
Congrats on the win and being SEC champs Spiritdancer. It was a good game. Let me assure you I was only pulling for Bama because of Preston!

#349 ·
Leslie said:
I need to get out more. Holiday parties now include audiovisual presentations? LOL.
It's the Holiday Party for one of the organizations I'm in; they made a DVD of the year's activities and wanted to show it. It is a fun party though! Late breaking weather report: It's snowing in northern VA and it was in Annapolis, MD when we left there!

Betsy

#351 ·
Good Morning! It is almost 4am CST and I can't believe I am still up! I am always too wound up to sleep after traveling. Anyway, it is clear and 33 degrees here in NE Texas. According to weather.com we will have a beautiful sunshiney day with a high of 61. I am headed off to bed for a couple of hours before church and might be back online later. In any case, I hope you all have a wonderful and restful Sunday!

G
#352 ·
Happy Sunday Kindleteers!  The sun is about to pop up any minute now.  It's a brisk morning but not too bad.  I'd guess its about 47 out if I looked it up. 

Once the sun decides to get up, it should be in the up 60's or low 70's today.

Normally this would be my last work day until next Saturday but I get an extra shift Monday night weee!  T'is the season for extra shifts!!

Have a funfilledexciting day!

#353 ·
Happy Sunday! 

Vampyre, extra shifts are good!

My goodness, we have 942 members on Kindleboards, hard to keep up!

Have a great one, everybody!

Betsy

#358 ·
Good morning!  It's all of 30 today in western VA with a high of 32 expected and lots of wind chill.  We had some snow yesterday, but thank goodness it was very light and went AWAY.  Far away is where snow belongs, I sometimes wonder why I moved this far north and this high into the mountains, but then I look out my window and remember how lovely it is here.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Katiekat

#359 ·
Good morning.  It is 63 and sunny on the treasure coast.  That means it will probably hit close to 80 this afternoon. 

I took The Mom and grandkids to the park to see the Christmas lights and Santa last night.  One was too old to see Santa and the other was too scared. 

The lights were beautiful and I enjoyed the music, although Mom didn't care for the Jimmy Buffet type songs.  They had a horse and carriage, but neither one wanted to go on it.  Maybe when we go back next week. 

Since we were in a park, they felt they should run and roll around on the grass.  The boy ended up playing football with some kids and the girl decided to walk on top of the walls.  They had a blast.

Today is the last day for the coinstar promotion, so I'm going to Albertson's to get a couple of final e-certs from my family.