Kindle Forum banner

The Good Morning Thread

2M views 36K replies 570 participants last post by  *DrDLN* (dr.s.dhillon) 
#1 ·
A thread just to say hello and good morning.

Rainy and miserable here in Maine today. The wind is howling! 39 degrees...at least it isn't snow.

L

See less See more
#422 ·
Good morning from Northern VA!

Linda--Good Morning America said nationwide there were 12 reported Tornados nationally since Monday and showed the risk area in Georgia and Alabama, stay safe!

KatieKat--hope you're feeling better soon!  Glad you have your Kindle to keep you kompany!

Betsy

#424 ·
Leslie said:
They have a saying here in Maine, "if you don't like the weather, wait a minute" and it is certainly true today. Monday was 5 degrees and felt very cold. Yesterday it was 15 degrees and we had snow all morning. And today...at 6 am, it is 52 degrees and raining! So much for the winter wonderland white Christmas look.
Lol Leslie. Our weather in NY is paralleling yours. Monday here it was 2 degrees and this morning it is 51 and also pouring down rain. The sky has become schizophrenic.

#425 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
KatieKat--hope you're feeling better soon! Glad you have your Kindle to keep you kompany!
Betsy
drenee said:
Katiekat,
So sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope a good day of reading in bed is just what the doctor ordered.
debbie
Thanks for the good wishes! I've lost my voice entirely now, but NyQuil is working for the cough - I'm probably going to sleep most of the day away. But I just HAD to catch up on the boards.
<wandering sleepily off to bed>

Katiekat

#428 ·
ScrappingForever said:
Gorgeous morning here in sunny Orlando. It's 70 degrees now with a high of 84 today. Epcot, here we come! :)
Jan, have I told you lately that I hate you? ;) (Looking out at the rain).

Betsy

#429 ·
It's 69 going up to 80 on a cloudy, soon to be rainy, day in Jacksonville.  My daughter is home with something that sounds just like what you have, KatieKat.  I hope you feel better soon! 

I am off to lead a Bible study with some of my older (80+) church members.  They are great!  We have the most fascinating conversations.

Hope everyone stays warm and dry and safe from tornadoes!!

#430 ·
I predict a lot of people will be sick this weekend around here.  It was freezing the last two days and today it's 59 at 10:20.  Practically balmy.  But wet and breezy. . .people will get sick. . . . .it always happens. . . .I know they say that's not what causes colds, but there's a clear correlation in my mind.  It'll cool down again in the next couple of days and people Will Get Sick.  Mark my Words.  (Geez, I sound like my mother. . . .)

Good Morning, All!

Ann

#437 ·
Well, guys it appears that all the cold weather has gone south!! This time yesterday I was enjoying 78 degrees in Houston. As I was leaving there yesterday afternoon the cold front hit and the temps dropped 20 degrees in about 20 minutes! By the time I got home last night it was 40!! In Longview now it is currently 34 with a wind chill of 25. They are predicting a mixture of rain/sleet/snow today and tonight. BUT, they are saying sunshine and high 50's for tomorrow!