Kindle Forum banner

The Good Morning Thread

2M views 36K replies 570 participants last post by  *DrDLN* (dr.s.dhillon) 
#1 ·
A thread just to say hello and good morning.

Rainy and miserable here in Maine today. The wind is howling! 39 degrees...at least it isn't snow.

L

See less See more
#501 ·
63 when I got up this morning.  The sun came up a little late, or maybe I was up a little early. 

It was too early to get up and too late to go back to sleep, so I woke up Little Gertie and we settled down to read.  That's another Kindlevantage.  I never could read on first waking until I got Little Gertie.  My eyes just wouldn't adjust.  Now, it's not a problem.  I don't even have to adjust the size of the font. 

#503 ·
33 currently, with a high of 50 expected in northern WV.  Have a job to finish up, then I think I'll settle in for a day of cross stitching and old movies.  Hope everyone has a great day.

#506 ·
Good Morning!  33 now in Arlington, an hour later than Betsy's post. (for those of you who are not familiar with the area, in the real world we're probably not more than 10 miles from each other, if that.)  Supposed to make 50 today -- we'll see.  Though it is fairly sunny out.  Hubby got up and left at 7:15. . .had to do stuff at the church.  I stayed in bed until 8:30. . . .

Ann

#508 ·
Sunny and a whole 34 degrees here in the Blue Ridge mountains.  I've been sleeping almost non-stop since yesterday morning, but I think I'm almost over this nasty virus, YAY!  Today is laundry day, it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to go outside to get into the basement  :-\  I think I'll wait until it warms up a bit!

Katiekat

#511 ·
Right now it's gloomy, chilly, and windy.  High today supposed to be 52.  High tomorrow 19?!  I just walked a block to Ace Hardware.  On the way I found a $10 bill !  Good start to the day.

#514 ·
Sandpiper said:
Right now it's gloomy, chilly, and windy. High today supposed to be 52. High tomorrow 19?! I just walked a block to Ace Hardware. On the way I found a $10 bill ! Good start to the day.
Sounds like Wichita. High yesterday - 61. High to day - 44. High tomorrow - 31. And we have high wind warnings.

Isn't this just great, The forecast is now High to day - 38. High tomorrow - 26. With 11 to night and Ice/snow/wind. Driving to work tomorrow is going to be fun.

#519 ·
Cloudy and in the 60's in Jacksonville today.  Me and Brigit (my K) did three worship services this morning.  My oldest daughter, who's home from college, has started reading the first Southern Vampire Mystery on Brigit, and kept wanting to steal her during church!  Not a good idea since I was using my K for my sermon notes.  ;) 

Hope everyone is staying warm and keeping their electricity!

#520 ·
ITS SNOWING IN LAS VEGAS!!!!

Got up this morning and drove my brother to work this morning and all it was rain. Came home and crashed in bed for a while before having to pick him up for lunch. Then as I left the house I realized it was snowing. Immediately I went up stairs and told my mom that she had to pick mt brother up since I have NEVER driven in snow. No she told me to drive. So ended up doing what I usually do when I afraid driving. I call a friend or family member to stay on speakerphone with me as I drove. It was not fun.

The snow sticks on my side of town, but its barely doing so.