Author Topic: The Good Morning Thread  (Read 1440532 times)  

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
    • View Profile
Re: The Good Morning Thread
« Reply #33450 on: May 15, 2020, 06:28:54 am »
Good morning.

We'll be warm again today at 83 but it looks like the rain will get here later than expected.

II works tonight, then will be off for a couple of weeks. As usual, not much in the plans today. Errands yesterday went smoothly; brought barbecue home for lunch which meant supper didn't have to require a major effort.

Hope your day goes well. Stay safe.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline NapCat (retired)

• Lighthouse Ranch, Nevada
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33451 on: May 15, 2020, 06:36:45 am »
    Good Morning

Beautiful desert sunrise to be followed by a beautiful day.  Dare I wash the car and windows ??

Hope everyone is doing well and being safe
    'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • Goodbye, Mr. Milquetoast
      • View Profile
      • Origami Turtle's photostream
    « Reply #33452 on: May 15, 2020, 08:02:00 am »
    Good morning from southern Arizona.

We moved the shed to what we hoped would be its final location. DH moved the truck to be ready to remove from the back yard. However, while trying to remove one of the logs used as rollers (our fence rails), the shed decided to roll and pivot. This meant that we would need the truck again to move the shed. DH got the truck close to the correct position. He hopped out of the truck to check but forgot to put it in park.  :o The truck started forward and hit an awning support before DH could get back in and stop it. Fortunately that was the only damage done.

Today we will try to correct the position and lower it to sit on the pavers.

I hope your day is full of health, joy, and wonder. Be excellent to each other, even if from a distance. Remember to be excellent to yourself as well.

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33453 on: May 15, 2020, 01:38:56 pm »
    Happy Friday!
    I've been at the office the last several mornings running mock meetings to practice for next week's real Commission Meeting.
    I am ready for it to be over.
    Take care everyone.

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33454 on: May 16, 2020, 07:08:45 am »
    Good morning.

70 degrees with some rain expected for the next couple of days.

Enjoy your day. Stay safe.

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33455 on: May 16, 2020, 07:39:56 am »

The shed has landed on the pavers. Yesterday morning Raymond decided that the best thing to do was to park the truck backed up against the one corner of the shed that was still in the correct position and use the lever on the opposite corner to move the shed back to where it belonged. That worked! Then he got supports under all four corners. Then I used the lever at a spot closest to a roller that needed to be removed and Raymond removed the roller. We then moved to the next roller and repeated the process. Raymond was able to use a hydraulic jack in the back to lift the shed and get the back corner supports out. Then I used the lever near one front corner support so Raymond could remove it. Then Raymond used the lever by the final corner support so that I could remove it.  Finally, Raymond lowered the final shed corner. We were done with that stage of the project. Raymond and I got one workbench into the shed and stopped for lunch. After lunch the other work bench went in and Raymond started moving the rest of his stuff back in. 🙂 Not too bad for a couple 66 and 67. 😉

I sent more masks to the Navajo Nation yesterday. I  was able to fit 22 into the large flexible envelope. Once again I  arrived at the post office with just a few minutes to spare.

I am hoping to take it easy today.

I hope your day is full of health, joy, and wonder. Be excellent to each other, even if from a distance. Remember to be excellent to yourself as well.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33456 on: May 16, 2020, 09:18:51 am »
    Good Morning

I could not sleep last night (Trying to solve the world's problems...sigh) so I made a pot of coffee and went outside. The temperature was just right with crystal clear starry skies and so quiet you could hear the insects crunching in the undergrowth.

After a few hours, I remembered that there is a Power much greater than me taking care of things.

Hope everyone is having a healthy and safe weekend.

Be careful, my Friends

'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33457 on: May 17, 2020, 06:05:27 am »
    Good Morning

Partly cloudy with 50 mph winds in the desert. (remember the windows I was going to wash ?)  Obviously an indoor day.

Hope everyone is doing well.
    Be Safe my Friends
    'da NapCat

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33458 on: May 17, 2020, 06:14:40 am »
    Good morning.

There is at least 3 inches in the rain gauge this morning with more to come later this morning. I am looking forward to drying out for a few days.

Nothing specific planned for today. I'd love to go out for breakfast, but not quite comfortable with the idea yet.

Hope your Sunday is peaceful. Stay safe.

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33459 on: May 17, 2020, 08:07:10 am »

Not only did I take it easy yesterday, I took a three hour nap instead of having lunch. ;) Meanwhile, DH took the evaporative cooler that used to be on the chicken coop and put it on the west end of the shed. It will be a welcome addition in the summer heat after the water and electricity are hooked up. ;D

While fixing dinner last night I found some potatoes that had sprouted. Those are getting planted this morning.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33460 on: May 18, 2020, 05:25:17 am »
    Good Morning

Another very windy day in the desert....beautiful sunrise, but going outside is like walking in front of a sand-blaster.

Happy Monday...I hope everyone's week is off to a good start.

Keep Well and Safe, my Friends
    'da NapCat

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33461 on: May 18, 2020, 05:27:03 am »
    Good morning.

Looks like a nice day in store with sunny skies and a high of around 80. That should allow the yard to dry some after the 3 1/4 inches that fell this weekend. We were planning on trying to do some work around the bird feeders today, but it will probably be too wet to do anything before tomorrow. Yesterday morning I sunk in 3-4 inches one of the places where I stepped near them.

Not sure what else we might get up to today. Tomorrow will be my first maintenance allergy shot preceded by a pickup order at Kroger. It is a good thing they allow you to modify orders after placing them as I always think of something else I need. 

Hope your week is off to a good start. Stay safe.

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33462 on: May 18, 2020, 05:53:34 am »
    Good morning.  It's 65 and sunny here today.  We are heading to highs in the 90s all week.
    Yesterday we pulled the travel trailer to McKinney Falls SP so I can stay near the office during the craziness of this week.  We had to get creative to get it level and I'm not sure exactly how we are going to get it back on the truck - but that's a worry for Friday.  We also discovered one of the slide seals that was replaced during the last large maintenance has slipped  off the track again.  Sigh.  I know Jayco is a good brand, but we didn't get one that was put together worth a darn.  I'm going to think really hard about switching brands if there is a next time purchasing a trailer.
    Stay safe.

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33463 on: May 18, 2020, 12:14:26 pm »

I spent yesterday sorting through boxes of craft supplies and emptied three totes. One is ready to be filled with costumes as I sort through costume totes today to get them more organized. The craft/cutting table is filled with fabric from the emptied and consolidated craft totes from yesterday. Then I will start on masks again. Some personal masks will be made to go with the costumes for an upcoming activity.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33464 on: May 19, 2020, 05:54:14 am »
    Good Morning

Brrr...Me and the cats had breakfast on the deck at 47 degrees with high wind.....this is the fourth day of wind around 50 mph  (Honest !  I only washed four windows !)  We could get some rain later.....I may have to do some Napcatcatnappin' next to the fireplace.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Be safe my Friends
    'da NapCat

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33465 on: May 20, 2020, 05:31:45 am »
    Good morning.

53 degrees heading to 78 with sunny skies.

We tried combining errands yesterday - made it to a regional grocery that carries the salad dressing I prefer. We were able to buy that and some meat. Made the stop at Kroger for the pickup order followed by my allergy injection. 5 minutes after we arrived home, CVS sent a text stating a prescription was ready. So, I ended up making another trip. Sometimes you can't win.

Maybe some yard work today, maybe not. I really need to be more willing to plan the day so things actually get done.

Have a good one. Stay safe.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33466 on: May 20, 2020, 06:41:51 am »
    Good Morning

40 degrees !...but the wind has stopped.  New snow on the mountains on May 20th !  Good Grief...

No special plans...

Keep Well and Safe, my Friends

'da NapCat

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33467 on: May 20, 2020, 02:13:26 pm »
    Good afternoon from southern Arizona. It has been hot and windy here.

Day before yesterday DH finished building the long narrow table to go behind one side of our daughter's sofa between it and the wall. I will be the one to do the sanding, staining, and finishing after he gets the cooler working. We still need to choose an outlet/USB desktop power grommet to add to the center of the table. The main purpose of the table will be charging electronics, as well as holding food and drinks. DH needs to find a quad junction box before he can finish adding electricity to the shed so that we can use the cooler he added. Therefore, we are headed to Tucson tomorrow to go to Home Depot as today we checked all the places in Benson (Ace Hardware, Walmart, Tractor Supply, and the lumber yard) with limited success. We will also stop at PetSmart to get our favorite kitty litter, Dr. Elsey's Precious Cay Ultra Unscented Clumping Clay Cat Litter, Multi-cat Strength, in the 40 pound bag.

Next weekend we will take the table to our daughter's house as a slightly late birthday present. We are planning on staying the weekend. We will be expanding our exposure bubble temporarily but our daughter and granddaughters have about the same risk tolerance as we do. I will be making extra masks for us so that we can be masked all day, each day, if it seems appropriate. These masks will be more fun than most of the ones I make. I am going to attempt ones that look like faces, characters, or animals.

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33468 on: May 21, 2020, 05:20:35 am »
    Good morning.

It looks like another nice day in store with the slight possibility of a thunderstorm overnight.

Mowing on the agenda today. Hoping II will be able to do some trimming while I mow. I feel like I look like the eccentric old lady now while mowing in my rubber boots. But I will do whatever it takes to not encounter another fire ant.

Hope your day goes well. Stay safe.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33469 on: May 21, 2020, 07:19:05 am »
    Good Morning

Beautiful sunny day in the 80s with a light breeze.  I am off to "town" to get basic supplies then scramble back home.  I have to stop reading the news....not sure what scares me the most now....global killer virus or absolutely insane people.

Keep Well and Safe
    'da NapCat

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33470 on: May 21, 2020, 10:57:15 am »
    Good morning from sunny southern Arizona.

We ended up going to Tucson yesterday to get the needed electrical supplies. I went in PetSmart to get the kitty litter which was on sale (buy two 40 pound bags and save $4!). I drove back to the neighboring Home Depot to stand in line to get in to join DH. We got the rest of the supplies. So, DH is wiring the shed today.

Creative mask making for me until it is cool enough to sand and stain.

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33471 on: May 22, 2020, 03:59:54 am »
    Good Morning.

55/sunny now, going up to 73 possibly and will cloud up during the afternoon. I haven't been out at all since Tuesday. Saturday I foolishly injured my upper right arm by walking up to Fairway, forgetting my shopping bags and carrying two plastic bags home with my hands (a no-no for me) from 74th St. to 56th St. The bags were not that heavy but the distance and carrying with hands did me in. Sore on Sunday but figured I'd be well by Monday. No. Tonight I used a heating pad on it.

Also used the heating pad for my sore ear. I still have an ear infection or something after two rounds of antibiotics from phone calls with internist. I have an appointment with ear nose throat doctor Tuesday afternoon. I made the appointment Tuesday. It will be in person, which is something these days in NYC. My doctor referred me to an ENT practice that doesn't take my insurance. Had to ask around and search internet to find the one I'm going to. Online reviews say she treats opera singers.

Hope you all have a nice, safe day.
    New York, NY
    Flutist, Legal Services Professional
    Readers:  Paperwhite 2 (2013), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33472 on: May 22, 2020, 05:49:18 am »
    Good Morning

Beautiful sunrise in the desert...we are expecting partly cloudy 80s, but the wind is back...40+ mph.  I drove into "town" yesterday around mid-morning.  Gas is $1.97/gal. Both grocery stores were well stocked, people were polite, and most were wearing masks.  Other than employees, no one was wearing gloves. No check-out lines at either store.

Hope everyone is doing well (mlewis, take care of yourself and get well soon. When I work in cities I see a lot of folks using two-wheel shopping carts and even rolling suitcases to carry groceries...when your doctor is through with you, will you be able to sing us an Aria !? giggle)

Keep Safe, my Friends
    'da NapCat

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33473 on: May 22, 2020, 06:05:16 am »
    Good morning.

We're looking at the possibility of thunderstorms for 9 out of the next 10 days. Sure hope they have it wrong and glad we got the mowing done yesterday.

Mlewis, hope you get to feeling better.

We're fully stocked (probably overstocked) with groceries after our ventures out this week. Nothing on our agenda until the middle of next week. So surely I will get some things done inside the house.

Hope your day is a good one. Stay safe.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33474 on: May 23, 2020, 04:23:26 am »
    Good Morning

We have a beautiful day in the 80s on queue and I have a couple of fun outdoor projects planned.

With health restrictions loosening up a bit, I hope you all have fun weekend plans....but please be careful and continue taking precautions.

Keep safe, my Friends
    'da NapCat

KBoards.com

• Advertisement