Author Topic: The Good Morning Thread  (Read 1456281 times)  

Offline NapCat (retired)

• Lighthouse Ranch, Nevada
    • View Profile
Re: The Good Morning Thread
« Reply #33650 on: July 02, 2020, 08:38:40 am »
Good Morning

Lovely desert day !  Sunny and breezy in the 90s. I don't know how I managed to run out of milk and a few other basics, so I better run into "town" today.  I do not want to get caught up in the Fourth of July nonsense.  It is  such a pretty day, I think I will take the Off-Road route.

Thanks for pointing out the Masked Lions....I played on them as a kid....that gave me a giggle and brought back good memories in these strange times.

Hope everyone is having a good week.  Be happy and safe out there.

'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33651 on: July 02, 2020, 08:56:59 am »
    Good morning.  It's 84 and muggy here (I can definitely see a pattern).  It finally got nice in the back yard around 7pm yesterday.
    Things are getting even more scary around here since number of cases are going crazy.  The city of Austin was cold-calling people yesterday to tell you to stay home. 
    We've got an HEB order to pick up tomorrow morning.  They let me order chlorox wipes - hope I actually get some.
    We are both off Friday and Monday - but are just going to stay home.  I hope the neighbors go easy on the fireworks.
    Stay safe.

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33652 on: July 03, 2020, 05:28:39 am »
    Good morning.

Mother nature put on her display of fireworks last night. A storm with lots of lightning and thunder, some rain, and some wind went through late evening into early morning. More forecast for today with a possibility of thunderstorms in the forecast for the next 7 days. Hope they're wrong again.

Finally made an angel food cake yesterday. II was disappointed when I didn't also make the cake using the egg yolks. Figured I'd not add the cholesterol to the diet this time around.

Hair cut on the agenda but not much of anything else actually planned out. Lunch may or may not come home with me after the haircut. 

Enjoy the day. Stay safe.

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
    • Member #1600 since January 15, 2009
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33653 on: July 03, 2020, 07:21:08 am »
    Good morning. Still hot and steamy here, not likely to hear me say anything different for the next week at least.

A seafood "boil" is on the evening agenda while DH, MIL, and I play cribbage - smoked sausage, corn on the cob, potatoes, shrimp, and mussels with some Cajun seasoning. A no-bake cheesecake decorated like a flag with whipped cream and cherry pie filling stripes and blueberry pie filling in the corner for dessert. We aren't going to any gatherings and won't have anyone else here for the holiday weekend.  Such is life for the foreseeable future.

Everyone stay safe and be well.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33654 on: July 03, 2020, 07:58:01 am »
    Good Morning

Sunny with light wind....hopefully it will stay that way while folks are playing with their fireworks.  The desert is just dry kindling, making for high fire risk.  Fourth of July celebrations very scary.

I made a quick trip to "town" yesterday.  Gas was $ 2.18/gallon. Home Depot was crowded, so I only went in the garden center for bird seed.  All they had was open and broken bags of off brand. The grocery store was also crowded so I just did my list and got of out of there !  Nevada has now mandated mask-wear in all buildings and only one or two were balking...one fellow was trying to start trouble by being crude and offensive, but he was so drunk that it came off comical instead.

Be safe this weekend

'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • Goodbye, Mr. Milquetoast
      • View Profile
      • Origami Turtle's photostream
    « Reply #33655 on: July 03, 2020, 08:57:06 am »
    Good morning from southern Arizona.

Watching Hamilton is on the agenda for today. Fortunately, laundry can easily happen at the same time. I really need to stop folding paper and work on making masks for Jury Duty next week.

I hope your day is full of health, joy, and wonder. Be excellent to each other, even if wearing a silly looking mask or a somber one.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33656 on: July 04, 2020, 05:36:52 am »
    'da NapCat

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33657 on: July 04, 2020, 05:55:20 am »
    Good morning and Happy 4th of July.

Thunderstorms in our forecast - not sure I believe it.

A quiet morning as II works tonight.

Enjoy your day. Stay safe.

Offline Jane917

• Ridgefield, WA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33658 on: July 04, 2020, 08:29:01 am »
    Good morning and Happy 4th from the PNW. It should be a lovely day here, partly cloudy and temps in the 70s. We are forgoing our annual party with kids and grandkids....all sticking home this year. I plan to make a shrimp boil later in the day. Apple pie and peanut butter cookies are on the menu. At some point we will watch Hamilton this weekend. Bought a new Roku just so we could get Disney+ on our smart tv. Apparently our TV was only smart enough until 2015, but Disney+ takes 2016 smartness. Oh well....I saw Hamilton on stage in Chicago last Fall. I will appreciate having a better seat and better acoustics. I might even turn on closed captions. Have a great weekend, everyone!
    Words with Friends: Jane917

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33659 on: July 04, 2020, 01:30:35 pm »
    Good afternoon from southern Arizona. Looking out my window, it is partly cloudy. The weather app on my phone says sunny all day and clear tonight. High temperature around 100.

This evening, DH and I plan to watch the Benson firework show through our living room window from our recliners. Until then, I will be working on masks for jury duty and the Run With the Roosters race.

I hope your day is full of health, joy, and wonder. Be excellent to each other, even if wearing a silly looking mask or a somber one.

Offline telracs

• NYC
    • peace, love, justice.... and chocolate.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33660 on: July 04, 2020, 03:13:41 pm »
    happy July 4th.

i'm staying in today because i jut don't want to be around people.  i got a massive candy shipment yesterday, so i kind of want to organize it a bit.

anyone want some chocolates or gummy candies?  i've got loads...
    (and some even have alcohol in them....)

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33661 on: July 04, 2020, 04:02:15 pm »
    Happy 4th of July!

I have not been out since Wednesday, but I must go and buy a few essentials now. I have no vegetables, diet Pepsi or wine. This morning I finished reading the John M. Barry book The Great Influenza. It was good but almost more of a bio of the scientists who researched viruses and pneumonias. They came out with effective vaccines for pneumonia, but the ones for the flu did not work. There were, I think, a total of 3 rounds of often-deadly flu. 1918-1920. I just need to finish looking at the pictures and some notes and will send it electronically back to the library. Another book (a novel) came through on my holds yesterday.

I am still consuming Prince of Peace Ginger Chews and Werther's hard caramels as therapy for my sore ear. Also a few cough drops, but I am not coughing. I just ran out of the ginger candy but expect a delivery from Amazon Monday.

Hope you are enjoying this day. It is not as hot as the two previous days here when it was 91. 80 degrees now at 7pm.
    « Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 02:51:33 am by mlewis78 »
    New York, NY
    Flutist, Legal Services Professional
    Readers:  Paperwhite 2 (2013), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33662 on: July 04, 2020, 06:38:34 pm »
    Happy Independence Day!
    It was pretty much just another day for us. We have gone upstairs early and turned on the noise boxes to mask the sounds of the neighbors and their illegal fireworks. They don't really "bother" Ginger but she barks at them - and she has surprisingly loud pipes for a smallish pup.

Telracs, I'll try a chocolate please - nothing with fruit or alcohol :)

It was pleasant in the yard this morning when we still had a breeze. By the time DH fired up the grill at 5pm it was pretty still and hot.

We watched a movie called My Spy. It was entertaining.

Take care and stay safe!
    « Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 06:40:07 pm by Andra »

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33663 on: July 05, 2020, 07:31:39 am »
    Good Morning
    Last night was beautiful under a bright full moon.  Headed to triple digits with wind today.
    Laundry, vacuum, reading and napping is on the agenda.

Keep well and safe
    'da NapCat

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33664 on: July 05, 2020, 08:31:23 am »
    Good morning.

Yesterday's thunderstorms did not materialize, hope the same goes for today. A high only in the upper 80s, which is nice.

I made an early morning run to a store for guacamole ingredients. We suddenly had a desire to make some so I chose a store I feel more comfortable actually going into. Then some laundry while II takes a nap. He said work last night was not the chore the last few times were. He is on the schedule for 7 nights through the first of August so he shouldn't feel  overwhelmed by his schedule.

Hope your Sunday is a peaceful one. Stay safe.

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33665 on: July 05, 2020, 08:38:04 am »
    Good morning.  Another hot and steamy day in southeast Iowa.  No plans for in or outdoor projects today.  Laundry and minor cleaning were accomplished yesterday by me, partial installation of gutter guards (still waiting for materials to complete) and mowing were accomplished by DH.

No fireworks were seen, some were heard.  DH, MIL, and I enjoyed a meal of steak, baked potatoes, Caesar salad, and flag-decorated cheesecake while watching Hamilton on Disney+ as our stay-at-home/no visitors tribute to the 4th.

Everyone stay safe, be well. 

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33666 on: July 06, 2020, 01:08:38 am »
    Good morning.

Late Sunday after I used my indoor bike (Lifecycle) for first time in over two months. I am hoping to regain my fitness level that I'd lost from not swimming for 3-1/2 months. The last time I attempted to use it I got out of breath at 4 minutes. That scared me off of it. I wasn't using it much since retirement two years ago but used to do 20-30 minutes before getting ready for work. Retirement brought with it easier access to lap swimming at the pool. You know the rest. I was also thinking about my annual cardiologist visit coming up Tuesday afternoon. i did 28 minutes and took a lot of breaks. Did some reading and listening to music during it.

I found that I could leave my apartment at 8:30pm and still make it to Whole Foods and shop before they close at 9. I did that tonight. I went Saturday but they'd closed early for the 4th and put no sign outside. There were other disappointed people who showed up when I did at 8:30.

At 4AM it is 79 degrees, 63% humidity and going up to 89 later today.

Have a safe and kind day.
    New York, NY
    Readers:  Paperwhite 2 (2013), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33667 on: July 06, 2020, 05:34:24 am »
    Good morning.  With temperatures in the high 80s to mid-90s and humidity levels the same, muggy is the best descriptor for our current weather.  I have no plans for the day other than staying in the basement man cave where the temperature remains pleasant.

mlewis, good on you for getting back to the indoor bike!  I had been pretty faithful about using our treadmill to try and maintain/build up some sort of exercise level, but stopped when we had the minor water back-up in the basement that took a week to clean up.  I really need to start again, but my apathy level keeps getting in the way.

Everyone stay safe, be well.

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33668 on: July 06, 2020, 05:40:16 am »
    Good morning.

We're at 78 and heading to 90 today. As always in July, a popup thunderstorm is possible.

Laundry and vacuuming are possible chores that get done today.

I've got to decide this week if I am ready to go to the dentist. Lots of opinions out there on whether to proceed with routine appointments or not. One of the reasons I feel safe getting a hair cut is it is a one person shop and she only allows one client in at a time. I've also seen her sanitation routine. The dentist has multiple hygienists and the stations are not completely enclosed which would seem a little more risky. I know they would be doing everything they can to keep everyone safe.

Hope your week is off to a good start. Stay safe.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33669 on: July 06, 2020, 06:04:59 am »
    Good Morning

Almost chilly on the deck this morning at 60 degrees, but 105 is predicted for this afternoon.  Maybe I can putz outside for a while before it gets too hot.  Hope everyone has a good and safe week.

'da NapCat

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33670 on: July 06, 2020, 07:30:15 pm »
    Good evening from southern Arizona.  It was 105F at home and over 108F in Tucson.

I had an unexpected trip to Tucson to help my sister with activities related to the memorial service for her husband's brother. My sister is making the programs and 15 memorial masks for family members. Her computer was having issues with opening some files and printing. Also, I had sheets for printing on an ink jet printer and ironing on dark material. I fixed the printing problems, wrote down the procedure for converting corrupted Word files, and set up and printed the mask labels while she was sewing masks.

I got home in time to do the last two loads of clothes needed before jury duty in Bisbee tomorrow. (The last load will go in the dryer soon.) I didn't get as many masks finished as I wanted but I have enough for at least a couple days.

I hope your day is full of health, joy, and wonder. Be excellent to each other and stay safe.

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33671 on: July 06, 2020, 09:46:54 pm »
    Thanks, Crebel. I used the bike again on Monday. 28 minutes on Sunday and 26 on Monday but with many breaks. I feel much better tonight. Good luck in getting back to your treadmill. I thought that outdoor walking would be enough for me, but I lost so much fitness by not swimming and before all of this I was swimming a mile or 6/7 of a mile 4-5 times a week.

We had very dark thunderstorms late in the afternoon Monday. I did not go out at all. My weather.com app is telling me that there may be more of t-storms soon.

I got an Amazon delivery of 3 separate packages today, as scheduled but missing are the Prince of Peace Ginger Chews. Then I saw on Amazon site "delivering by 8pm today" when it was already 9. Clicked on the tracking and it said it wasn't shipped yet. Delayed. Should get an email when it ships. I love those ginger chews and ran out Saturday night. The packages I received were a bit wet from all the rain but not damaged.

I am watching Lucy Worsley from Sunday evening about Marie Antoinette.

Thinking about getting Disney+ for Hamilton for a month but have been hesitating. I have much more than I can watch. I saw the show in 2018. The friend who I saw with it emailed me today that she has been watching it. She is pushing me towards the edge of signing up for it.

Now at 12:45 AM it is 73 degrees F with 84% humidity. Going up to 82 later today and possible thunderstorms. I heard that it had gotten up to 96 degrees on Monday before it clouded up and stormed.

New York, NY

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33672 on: July 07, 2020, 05:34:15 am »
    Good morning.

73 degrees, heading to 87 with maybe some thunderstorms midday.

II working tonight so don't imagine I'll do much but feed us today. I don't seem to get motivated to do much by the time lunch is cooked and eaten.

I noticed our county's virus count has risen by 48 over the last couple of days. Certainly encourages me to keep on doing what we're doing. Leaning more and more toward postponing the dental appointment next week and the mammogram scheduled for early next month.

Stay safe, everyone.

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33673 on: July 07, 2020, 06:51:42 am »
    Good morning.  My weather comments are on repeat, hot, muggy, heat index around 100.

I'm with LL about keeping on with a reclusive life to stay as safe as possible.  I'm very thankful I do not have to go out to work to keep food on the table and bills paid.

Stay safe, be well, wear a mask if you have to be out, keep washing your hands, and keep social distance as much as possible.

*edited to add a missing word
    « Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 10:01:19 am by crebel »

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33674 on: July 07, 2020, 09:24:51 am »
    Good Morning

Another hot and windy day on queue.  Nothing special on the agenda and grateful that I do need to go out in "the world".
    Be Safe, My Friends.

'da NapCat

KBoards.com

• Advertisement