Author Topic: The Good Morning Thread  (Read 1455310 times)  

Offline NapCat (retired)

• Lighthouse Ranch, Nevada
    • View Profile
Re: The Good Morning Thread
« Reply #33700 on: July 12, 2020, 09:18:38 am »
Good Morning

Another ungodly hot day in the Mojavi....hopefully we will have some wind this afternoon.
Keep Well and Safe everyone and have a restful Sunday
'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
    • Goodbye, Mr. Milquetoast
      • View Profile
      • Origami Turtle's photostream
    « Reply #33701 on: July 12, 2020, 12:45:15 pm »
    Good afternoon from southern Arizona. Hot here but we actually got rain late yesterday afternoon. The clouds dropped just over an inch of rain in about 20 minutes. It cooled off for a bit but it is back to hot again today.

I did laundry yesterday and started sewing masks again. I need to finish a few more so that I can deliver them tomorrow after a scheduled maintenance service on my Prius. I will also be delivering a couple bottles of 70% alcohol to my sister who hasn't been able to get it on her pickup grocery orders. Since there is no grocery pickup in Benson, I stop by the locations for alcohol, disinfecting wipes, hand sanitizer, etc. each time I am in the store. Hopefully my sister's grandkids will be able to get enough of those supplies before school starts.

Laundry, mask sewing, and other tasks at home so that I can be ready for another four days of jury service.

I have a Zoom origami meeting about 15 minutes after I post this. It may be the fun highlight of the week.

I learned late on Friday that my ex-son-in-law (father of my granddaughters) has tested positive for COVID-19. As far as I know, he is isolating at his home. Hopefully he will recover soon. While he is relatively young, early 40s, he does have some health issues that could cause a problem.

Hope your day is wonderful. Be safe and be excellent to each other.
    « Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 12:49:43 pm by Annalog »

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33702 on: July 13, 2020, 01:51:02 am »
    Good morning.

I think it was sunny all day Sunday but cloudy when I went for a walk in the evening before sundown. It was supposed to be a Manhattan Henge evening with the sun being exactly between streets to the west before sundown, but the sun was hiding. I took my new camera with me. I don't know it very well but I took more than 80 pictures on auto, some with flash and with the 16-50 mm lens that I adjusted on each photo. I found out that I don't even know how to start a video. There is a switch to do video or still photo but after that there must be a way to start and stop the video. I wanted to get the moving water of the Hudson River. Have to sit down with the manual and Nikon videos. It is a Nikon Z50. I have had it just about two weeks and this was the first time I have taken any pictures.

The weather held out nicely until after dark while I was in CVS getting a prescription at 8th and 57th Street. It was pouring so hard when I wanted to leave. A lot of us waited a while. I left while it was still raining but bearable. Forgot to take an umbrella. 

I watched two episodes of Beecham House and one of Grantchester last night. Both on PBS. I will catch up on Perry Mason (HBO) tomorrow.

Hope your day is kind, safe and  . . . fulfilling.
    New York, NY
    Flutist, Legal Services Professional
    Readers:  Paperwhite 2 (2013), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33703 on: July 13, 2020, 05:48:22 am »
    Good morning.

Another warm day in store with mostly sunny skies and a high around 91.

I'm filling the bird feeders twice a day most days. Lots of young ones this year, it seems. I'll be making a trip to TSC for bird seed again this week.

No plans for me to go anywhere today. II is hoping to replace the battery in his old truck. Don't know if he'll go to Walmart or to the auto parts store closest to us. Wherever he goes, he will wear a mask.

Hope you find some joy in your day. Stay safe.

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33704 on: July 13, 2020, 06:24:51 am »
    Good morning from southern Arizona. The high at home yesterday was 108F and is expected to only be 103F today. I am headed to Tucson for various errands. Yesterday Tucson set a new high record for the date at 113F, breaking the previous high of 110F. Today it is only expected to get to 108F there.

I don't think that I will spend my waiting time walking around outside while my car is being serviced. ;) I will be wearing a new mask that I made from a slightly smaller pattern size using the same pattern that I was testing for running. I am hoping the fit is slightly tighter. After the car is serviced, a couple of the errands will be delivering masks in three different sizes. I really like the free PDF Jessie Mask pattern that has patterns based on face size using bridge of nose to ear and bridge of nose to chin measurements. Four masks, two each in two sizes, will be delivered to the wife of the race director of Everyone Runs. I added this year's Rooster to a couple of the masks. The other two masks are plain so that they can verify the fit before the Run with the Roosters race in late August. Another two masks are going to my old department manager at the Walmart where I worked. She has a small narrow face and hasn't found any masks that fit properly. She also has some breathing issues so I made one mask with the filter layer and one without. I will make her more masks after she lets me know if the fit is ok and whether she can breathe ok with the filter layer. I made a special pattern combining the nose to chin measurement of the smallest pattern and the nose to ear measurement of the next larger pattern.

I learned some nice models during the origami Zoom meeting. My favorite was "Blue Bird of Happiness" which I happened to fold using blue paper. :D

Friday DH took both cats, Dusty and Sylvester, to the vet for vaccinations and checkups. The vet was very pleased to see Sylvester in perfect health after his urinary tract blockage earlier this year. She told DH that, if Sylvester hadn't responded to the last treatment attempt, she was going to recommend euthanasia. She was delighted to see he was now a strong, vigorous, and happy cat. Dusty, on the other hand, is an aging cat. We had noticed that he was not as nimble as usual and had started deferring to Sylvester. The vet records showed that he had lost some weight. She thought that he appeared to be a bit dehydrated but nothing else specific was visible. She took blood for a full panel workup and gave him fluids. (DH didn't say if that was IV or subcutaneous.) Dusty seemed more energetic the past few days. Yesterday, DH told me the vet phoned Saturday with the test results. Dusty is fine except that he needs some supplements. :D DH will go in to the vets office to learn the details and pick up Dusty's supplements while I am in Tucson.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 06:27:50 am by Annalog »

Online Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33705 on: July 13, 2020, 06:36:07 am »
    Good morning.  It's 80 degrees here this morning and we have an excessive heat warning in effect until 8:00pm or so.  I think we hit 104 yesterday - it certainly felt HOT in the back yard even with a fan blowing right on me.  We got some yard work done in the morning before it got too bad.
    Today Ginger is at daycare and the only thing on my list is calling my mom at lunchtime to go through some of the settings on her new phone.

Anna, all my kitties needed some sort of extra supplements when they got older.  Cosequin for joints was the most common.  It's good to hear that Sylvester is doing well.

We went ahead and cancelled our flight to Hawaii in September.  I just don't think I want to be on an airplane any time soon.  I was shocked to discover that even two months before our flight we can't get an actual refund.  Our only choices were two different types of flight credit.  We went with the one that gave us two years to use it.  I know it's the right decision, but I'm still bummed about it.

Take care and stay safe.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33706 on: July 13, 2020, 08:55:54 am »
    Good Morning

We hit 116 yesterday, but our overnight LOW was 96 !!  That is unusual.  Long range forecast has us in triple digits for at least the next two weeks.  I am moving hoses around to help the drip lines.  I hate to see everything so stressed in these high temperature and winds.  I need to do a Post Office run and go into town either today or tomorrow.  I will mostly be tweaking the settings on my new computer and following the COVIDIOT news. ( Andra:  I think you made the right decision canceling your trip.)

Have a Good Day, be Happy and be Safe my Friends.
    'da NapCat

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods...They have never forgotten this !!

Offline telracs

• NYC
    • peace, love, justice.... and chocolate.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33707 on: July 13, 2020, 05:09:39 pm »
    I've been off line a few days, just feeling blah and not wanting to talk to anyone (except occasionally crebel).

mlewis-  i know that It's Sugar! store well.  it used to be closer to Lincoln Center, then moved to near the TW building.  I just to patronize it for some specific chocolates, liquor filled ones (baileys, kahlua, jose cuervo) that i could only get at that chain.  unfortunately, their credit card readers were idiotic, and i had my credit cards declined and then locked a few times.  There's also one down near NYU.  I actually walked there a couple of times after work back when i was in my hiking mode.  the last time i went into one of the stores (the 3rd one i know in Coney Island) i was told the alcohol chocolates were seasonal.  and i just haven't gotten back to one of their stores since last year. 

and where was the farmers market?  in the triangle across from the LC stairs?  and are there any statues in the triangle now? there was a hippo from fantasia there the last time i remember.

i never managed to get a decent view of Manhattanhenge

i had to laugh at your comment about Humana giving you doctors that weren't anywhere near you.  After Superstorm Sandy, my friend called her insurance company trying to get a rental car.  Guess the person had no clue about NY, because the closest they told us was in Albany.....

LL- three words... "Artichoke Basil Pizza".  and no one ever thinks of Manhattan as hilly until they start walking it, am I right?

Andra-  i was surprised to find that a friend of mine actually flew to Florida a few weeks ago.  i can't contemplate getting on a bus in NYC, and definitely not getting on a plane or dealing with an airport.  but i am sorry you have to cancel Hawaii.  it is somewhere i want to go, but now doubt that i ever will.

i went on an Alexandre Dumas movie watching binge this weekend.  The Richard Chamberlain "Count of Monte Cristo" and "Man in the Iron Mask," then the Leonardo DiCaprio "Man in the Iron Mask," then the Charlie Sheen/Keifer Sutherland/Oliver Platt "Three Muskeeteers".  Finally, for a little variation, "Robin Hood, Prince of Theives".  I'm thinking "LadyHawke" or "Princess Bride" for my next treats...

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33708 on: July 13, 2020, 11:22:54 pm »
    Andra, as I read your post, I thought how nice it would be to go to Hawaii after this covid business is "over."

My plans for this year (before Covid) were to visit a friend in Portland, Oregon and go to the flute convention in Dallas. the convention was cancelled early on and the next one will be in DC in August 2021. That is where it was to be in '21 anyway. Dallas won't get the flute business for a while. When I go to the flute conventions in DC, I go by Amtrak train.

Telracs, you really know your candies. I have often looked into Sugar's windows (before they closed). The used to have plush Grumpy Cats. I have one of those that a friend gave me a while back. Lately I am still eating Prince of Peace Ginger Chews and Werther's hard caramels (good for ear pain, believe it or not). I have also recently discovered Werther's sugar-free chocolate/caramel hard candies, but I have not seen them in big bags. I went to Rite-Aid on 8th Avenue tongiht specifically for Werther's hard caramels. They had a sale, two 12-oz. bags for $5. Second time I have caught that sale. I get the Prince of Peace Ginger Chews at Amazon, but saw them in a store Saturday for the first time. Amish Market on 9th Avenue at 49th/50th Streets.

I have been recording old Seinfeld episodes to DVR on Channel 11 (syndication). I have watched two of them tonight. I just realized that I always have 7 episodes and that is because the DVR saves only 7! it has been deleting the oldest of 7 while it continues to record the newest ones. I am enjoying these and sometimes laugh out loud. When I was at the dentist last month, he had Seinfeld on Hulu in the room where I was getting fillings. He said that when he played some Seinfeld on his TV at home recently, his kids did not find it funny. Generational thing, I guess, but his kids must be very grown up. My dentist is around my age (late 60s). Perhaps he meant grandchildren.

Anna, I have not been to Arizona yet, but the one time I visited Las Vegas, it was for an August flute convention, and the temp got up to 108 almost every day. I am sorry that I missed the convention that was held in Phoenix in 1998. I went to Malta and London that year and thought that was enough for my budget. One of my great flute friends lived in Tucson for 30 years and then moved to Portland, OR. She didn't like the summer heat, and her daughter and son-in-law are in Portland.

Hope you all enjoy your day.
    New York, NY
    Readers:  Paperwhite 2 (2013), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33709 on: July 14, 2020, 08:11:44 am »
    Good morning.

We have a heat advisory in effect today. Heat index may make it to 113. Staying indoors looks like a good plan for the rest of the week.

I made an early morning run to Fresh Market. Hardly any shoppers there during senior hour. Wonder if more people are braving it later in the day or I just went at the right time. Tuesday is 2.99 ground chuck and chicken breast day so I'm used to it being busy no matter what time of day you go on a Tuesday. Walmart pickup went very smoothly yesterday. II did the pickup and said he didn't wait more than a minute before they were bringing it out the door. We should be set for food for a couple of weeks at least except for maybe produce. When I need that, I'll try to find one of the farmer's market type stands.

Allergy shot next up on the agenda.

Hope your day is a good one. Stay safe.

Offline telracs

• NYC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33710 on: July 14, 2020, 09:44:23 am »
    i'm trying to deicide if i'm being a scaredy-cat or cautious.  my sister wants to go to Brooklyn Bridge Park tomorrow.  that means a 30 minute train ride, then a lot of walking.  to go to a public park.  granted, it's a nice park, but if all we are going to do is walk, i can do that here, without getting on a train. 

all opinions greatly appreciated.

Online Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33711 on: July 14, 2020, 01:07:18 pm »
    Good morning?
    I thought I posted earlier, but I guess I didn't hit the button before I had to restart my computer.  My thermometer shows 100 right now.  It was 80 this morning. 
    Today's activity after work is clearing a path into the game room (dining room) so we can replace the AC filter.  If I keep saying that I am going to straighten my house out, do you think I'll really do it?  I don't...

telracs - fwiw I think you should skip the train ride for now.  I am hearing good things about cases going down in NY, but it's still out there.  It looks like we may be headed towards another partial shutdown - at least in Austin and the surrounding counties.  If I had to use public transportation, I would definitely be staying home.

Stay safe everybody!

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33712 on: July 15, 2020, 02:55:09 am »
    Telracs, are there any places close to nature or water in walking distance from where you are? Brooklyn Bridge Park sounds nice, but I haven't taken any trains yet either. Not even a bus. I realize that essential workers have had to take them all along. I saw a feature last week on NY1 about some new things added to Brooklyn Bridge Park, including water sprays.

I didn't get out at all on Tuesday and didn't use the indoor bike either. Got up pretty late and got a surprise call from a high school friend who lives in Seattle. I let the conversation go on too long, more than 2 hours. Even while using the speaker phone this is hard on my ear. I took more Advil when I finished and did not have time to play flute at a reasonable hour.

My brother Stan (lives in GA) had new stents put into his bladder on Monday. He had stage 4 bladder cancer last year and has been in remission since the chemo treatments that he finished up late fall '19. He had clots in his leg before Thanksgiving (cancer can do that). On Tuesday he sent a text to his grown kids and me that his recent hip problem that was thought to be a bruise is more serious and he needs a hip replacement. This sounds like a lot for one man to go through! He sounds very optimistic and says he feels great. He was going for physical therapy for the hip. His companion O. (who doesn't seem to have a last name!) had two hip replacements in 2018-19 and stayed at his place for recovery. He is going to have the same surgeon. O. is much younger by about 25 years. Stan is 73.

72 now, going to 80 degrees later, 78% humidity. I have had my AC on and off. I get cold and turn it off. Then put it back on when it feels too humid. Hope everyone has a good day.
    New York, NY

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33713 on: July 15, 2020, 05:55:14 am »
    Good morning.

As expected a heat advisory in effect from 11 AM to 8 PM. Probably going to be that way for a while. II turned the air conditioner on in his shop yesterday morning. That plus a fan allowed him to spend some time out there except when the sun was shining directly on the front of it.

Virus cases continue to climb in our county although not as rapidly as some others. I heard a woman at the allergist's yesterday say we should just abandon masks and let it run its course so we could attain herd immunity. I bit my tongue because I wanted to ask how many deaths she was willing to accept so that might happen. Oh well, all I can do is try to protect myself. I can't answer for other people.

No plans for the day.

Hope your day goes smoothly. Stay safe.

Online Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33714 on: July 15, 2020, 07:32:05 am »
    Good morning.  78 here and I think the high is only supposed to be 99 - we'll see.

I'm pretty sure that I've seen articles talking about herd immunity for Covid-19 and they didn't seem to think that was going to be a thing.  This was just an opinion piece and may not be totally accurate, but I also don't think anyone really knows a lot about this version yet.  It's still so new.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/13/opinions/herd-immunity-covid-19-uncomfortable-reality-haseltine/index.html

No major plans for today except maybe a little cleaning in my office.  I'd like to get my little fridge closer to my desk and move my fans around to be more effective.

Stay safe.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33715 on: July 15, 2020, 08:03:00 am »
    Good Morning

It has cooled off a bit (78 overnight) but still triple digits in the afternoon.  I went to the Post Office and dashed into town yesterday.  A fair amount of traffic; gas is  now 2.19/gallon.  I only went into one supermarket which was not very crowded.  Everyone was wearing a mask. 

No special plans, just putzin' in the gardens.

Everyone have a great day and Be Safe my Friends

Telracs:  Scardy Cat. Scardy Cat !!  That is me !  I am in the high risk group and am not taking any chances....Public Transportation looks like tubes of death to me right now.

'da NapCat

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
    • Member #1600 since January 15, 2009
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33716 on: July 15, 2020, 09:51:29 am »
    Sneaking in for a good morning with 10 minutes to spare in Central time!  Lots of storms and rain throughout the state overnight, but we just got some rain (there was thunder and lightening north of us).  There is no creek in my yard, so I am happy today.

We're supposed to have this one day of temperatures in the 70s before the heat wave returns.  I have the a/c off and the house opened up to air out, it is wonderful.

Everyone stay safe, be well.

Offline telracs

• NYC
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33717 on: July 15, 2020, 10:09:03 am »

Telracs:  Scardy Cat. Scardy Cat !!  That is me !  I am in the high risk group and am not taking any chances....Public Transportation looks like tubes of death to me right now.

Thanks NapCat.  I will wear my Scardy Cat badge with honor. 

Telracs, are there any places close to nature or water in walking distance from where you are? Brooklyn Bridge Park sounds nice, but I haven't taken any trains yet either. Not even a bus. I realize that essential workers have had to take them all along. I saw a feature last week on NY1 about some new things added to Brooklyn Bridge Park, including water sprays.

My daily-ish walks are in residential areas, so i'm not starved for nature or flowers or such.  i'm about a mile (downhill going, uphill coming home) from the Narrows (that give the Verrazano Narrows Bridge its name) and the pier for the NYC ferry.  there's a walking path between the water and the Belt Parkway, but once on it, you're kind of stuck for a while.  i have walked almost all the way to the pier but haven't been on the pathway because it's been too hot and there is no shade.  and because when i've usually been going in that direction i have my shopping cart with me. (the grocery store is along the way there, or on the way back if i go past the store to get in my steps).

i'm not sure if i am technically in a high risk category, but as a cancer survivor with a weird immune system, i'm not doing anything non-esential.

you mentioned getting the antibody test.  i thought about it, but as i said, i have a weird immune system.  i just don't titer.  Meaning, even after multiple mumps/measles/rubella vaccinations, and 2 series of hepatitis vaccinations, i don't show antibodies. 

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33718 on: July 16, 2020, 05:25:10 am »
    Good morning.  Back to heat warnings and high humidity here.  It was so nice (even with multiple rain showers) to have the house opened up all day yesterday and overnight.

I have no plans for the day, but some time soon DH needs to take me to the driver's license station to renew my verified license for ID only.  It will be the first time I haven't had a license to drive in 45 years.  :(

Online Andra

• Austin, TX
    • madhouse escapee #671
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33719 on: July 16, 2020, 05:34:18 am »
    Good morning.  Today seems a carbon copy of yesterday weatherwise - 75 now heading to a high of 99...

We had the AC guys come out yesterday to check the units since it's been so hot.  The house is 21 years old and those are the original AC units.  For the last two-three years we have been talking about replacing them, especially the upstairs one.  It looks like this may be the year we go ahead and do it.  I have to call and talk to a sales guy this morning.  They sent a quote over yesterday, but there are some things on there that are not clear to a non-AC person.  I also want to see a better breakout of parts vs labor...  They offer zero percent financing for 48 months, so I think we can manage.  I just didn't want to make any major purchases right now.  Here's where that refund from United Airlines would have come in very handy.
    I spent some time talking to a friend of mine who is a retired AC person.  He strongly suggested we go ahead and replace both of the units - so we can pick the time and get it done.  Otherwise one or both will decide to spazz out when it is most inconvenient.  I know he's right, but I still hesitate.  I guess we'll see what happens when I make the call today.

I hope you are all having a decent week.  Stay safe!

Offline loonlover

• Arkansas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33720 on: July 16, 2020, 06:01:52 am »
    Good morning.

Repeat of yesterday's weather with heat advisory, etc.

II working tonight and tomorrow night. He did buy some shorts to wear to attempt to keep cooler when he makes rounds. I don't think they are even air conditioning the administrative office area right now. They do have a portable air conditioner they use in the security office (at least it was in use the last time he worked). Hopefully he will do rounds on one level, then take a break before doing the other level.

No plans for me but keeping quiet this morning and making sure we are fed.

Hope your day goes well. Stay safe.

Offline NapCat (retired)

• View Profile
    « Reply #33721 on: July 16, 2020, 08:46:38 am »
    Good Morning

No surprise in the desert weather with no change in sight.....but gosh we are half way through July already !!  I am digging through some bookshelves looking through books, pamphlets, etc. from some of my travels...wonderful memories !!

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Be safe, my Friends
    'da NapCat

Offline Annalog

• Arizona, USA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33722 on: July 16, 2020, 01:13:59 pm »
    Good afternoon from southern Arizona. I am glad that my windshield wiper blades were replaced on Monday. When we left the courthouse on Tuesday, it had just finished raining. I stopped at the Boothill parking lot in Tombstone on my way home from Bisbee to eat yogurt that I had brought and to drink a can of Squirt. I had a headache and needed a mid-drive break. I also played Wizards Unite for a bit as there were a couple inns and a fortress there. I finished sewing a couple more masks that I added iron-on turtles that I had printed on my ink jet printer. I wore one in court yesterday and am wearing the other today. I am doing laundry as soon as I get home today.

It turns out that both of Dusty's supplements are medications. One specifically for his joints and the other for general pain and inflammation. His blood calcium levels were elevated which could be from a multitude of possible problems.

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33723 on: July 16, 2020, 08:34:19 pm »
    Thanks NapCat.  I will wear my Scardy Cat badge with honor. 

you mentioned getting the antibody test.  i thought about it, but as i said, i have a weird immune system.  i just don't titer.  Meaning, even after multiple mumps/measles/rubella vaccinations, and 2 series of hepatitis vaccinations, i don't show antibodies.

Telracs, not sure if you were referring to me, but I meant I was thinking of getting the Covid-19 test. I don't trust the antibody test since I've been hearing there are a lot of false results. I still haven't gone for it. Since it is not required and none of my doctors have even mentioned it, I don't feel a push towards it. The line I saw once discouraged me from going.

I used the Lifecycle today and had intended to get in a short walk outside and some flute practice. I didn't do those. I slept more than usual, since I got sleepy earlier than usual last night. I have pulmonary appointment Friday afternoon. I asked for it and want to find out if I am deficient in some way from the pulmonary embolism two years ago or otherwise. I've been told there was no damage. Also want to find out why I don't have as much air to get through a musical phrase in my flute playing. I have to wait until Monday to see the ENT doctor.

My father's birthday was July 16, so I've been giving some thought to him and posted a photo on facebook of him at work when he was a draftsman before WWII. He got his architect's license in 1954 (according to my brother in a text today). He was born in 1918, so he would have been 102. Died on the same day 30 years ago (1990). He was 72. My brother Stan was the first man in our family to make it to 73 (this April). Actually the first of any of us siblings, since I am now 68. Our great uncle (grandfather's brother) made it to 81, which was pretty good considering he smoked almost all his life. Short Camels. He was single. We lived with him in his house. My grandfather was 65 when he had a fatal heart attack. I was 6, so I didn't get to know him that well. He lived two blocks from us.

We had great weather today, in the 70s, and I did not have the AC on all day. Heat wave is predicted for the weekend and beyond. Hope everyone has a good, kind and safe day.
    New York, NY

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33724 on: July 17, 2020, 06:33:41 am »
    Good morning.  Continuing hot and sticky here. 

The last few weeks we have spent Friday evenings having supper with MIL (she lives with us) and playing three double rounds of cribbage on a 3-person board.  We are maintaining running scores, and so far I have stayed in the lead, woohoo (not a competitive bone in any of us ...  :P)!

Yesterday DH got a hold of some fresh trout fillets to grill.  I am very much looking forward to tonight's supper.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement