Kindle Forum banner

The Good Morning Thread

2M views 36K replies 570 participants last post by  *DrDLN* (dr.s.dhillon) 
#1 ·
A thread just to say hello and good morning.

Rainy and miserable here in Maine today. The wind is howling! 39 degrees...at least it isn't snow.

L

See less See more
#1,201 ·
Good morning, it's 40 and overcast here in Little Rock. Projected high is 47. All you northerners keep warm, hear?

#1,203 ·
chocochibi said:
I'm in Little Rock too.... cold wind out there.
Actually, I'm in Shannon Hills, but didn't think anybody from elsewhere would have heard of that.

#1,206 ·
Good Morning!  Its a warm 22 degrees here in the Blue Ridge Mountains with a predicted high of a whopping 27 with snow showers!  Time to get out the bathing suits  ;D  I think maybe this is a day for taking the Suburban to work - if I take the mini van we'll have impassable roads and if I take the Suburban, none of the snow will stick ;)  I think this is a day for my nice, warm Scottish wool sweater with the Loch Ness monster on it.  All I have to do is find out where I squirreled it after the last snow last year.  

Katiekat

#1,209 ·
Good morning!!!!!!!!! It's 34 degrees here in Eastern NC, and I woke up to SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the most snow I'v'e seen in over 3 years! Yes, I am excited. lol

Let me add that this is just 30 minutes after it started snowing- and it's still coming down. :)

#1,211 ·
ScrappingForever said:
Happy Inauguration Day everyone! It's a chilly 17 degrees here this morning. Oops, just turned 18. ;) High of 31 today. It's gonna be a chilly inauguration today. I'm perfectly happy to watch it from the warmth of my home. :)
Happy Inauguration Day!

Cold, cold, cold, Single digits, my heated birdbath just died. J

an--me and my still recovering knee are also happy to watch in the warmth of our home, but I just got off the phone with a friend who was heading down. She ahd her husband were on a bus to the metro station in Alexandria. I'm expecting full reports from her. (BTW, she got to be part of the Lincoln Memorial concert, part of the gospel choir singing backup for Bruce Springsteen--she said he was very cool.) From the pictures on the local news, I think it's already full down on the Mall. This hometown girl loves watching the pictures of the monuments standing watch over the crowds!

Congratulations on your snow, Theresa!

San Diego minus 12 days.

Betsy

#1,213 ·
LuckyRainbow said:
I lived in Shannon Hills for several years. Now I live in Broadmoor, across from UALR.
Good morning everyone and especially to my fellow Arkansans. 35 and overcast today. have to go to the doctor today and out about having shoulder surgery. Oh well, most everything else still works!

#1,215 ·
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Good morning/afternoon! It was 24 this morning with snow flurries in Alabama. Happy Inauguration Day everyone! We had a couple of TV's at work so we got to watch President Obama sworn in. I love watching history in the making.
Tell us about Boutwell Hall, Linda! (I hope I have that spelled correctly...)

Aren't you in/near Birmingham?

L

#1,216 ·
Leslie said:
Tell us about Boutwell Hall, Linda! (I hope I have that spelled correctly...)

Aren't you in/near Birmingham?

L
Yes I am near B'ham and from work it was about 4 blocks. They had a HUGE inauguration party. I am not sure about this but I think it cost $50,000. The Mayor said it was a gift to B'ham from B'ham.There were people bused in from all over the USA, all Jefferson Co. schools were closed. They had to close the doors, more people than room. It is Boutwell Auditorium and is used for concerts, a huge circular building. It was a great idea IF Jefferson Co. wasn't on the verge of bankruptcy. ??? ???

Birmingham or I should say AL has some bad history from the 60's that people can't forget and rightfully so. I was a young teen then but I remember. I don't know if Lankford was wanting to show that progress has been made or he did it becasue history was made today.

I live in Shelby Co where things are less complicated.