Author Topic: A Black Glass Slipper -- thriller with a paranormal twist -- 99c offer  (Read 7794 times)  

Offline Tony Richards

• "Richards is a master" RT Book Reviews f/sf column
    • View Profile
    • Tony Richards -- Dark Fantasy Author
A Black Glass Slipper

Owen Glazer is a young and single man with a bright, promising future. That is until, at his firm's annual party at a top London hotel, his life gets turned completely upside-down. There, in the bar, he meets Eva Elenescu, the most beautiful, beguiling woman he has ever seen. It quickly becomes obvious that she's a high-class call girl, but that's not the entire story. Eva is not doing it willingly -- she's the property of a vicious gang of low-life Russian mobsters.

Obsessed, Owen decides he's going to get her away from them, but nothing works -- the harder he tries, the deeper he finds himself sinking into a nightmarishly dark quagmire of corruption and violence.

And then Owen finally begins to see the truth ... there is one way to rescue Eva, but it might well cost him his immortal soul.

By the author of Deadly Violet and Speak of the Devil.

CAUTION: Adult themes.

"Richards is a master" - RT Book Reviews.
"A terrific author. A unique and eloquent voice" - John Pelan.
"A hell of a writer, one of today's masters of dark fiction" -- Mario Guslandi, Horror World.
"Man, this guy can write. He has the power to introduce you all over again to the pleasures of reading good prose" - Ed Gorman.
"A master of the art" -- Black Static magazine.
"An amazing voice" - James A. Moore.
"Always first-class" - Ronald Chetwynd-Hayes.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 07:35:14 AM by Tony Richards »
My new crime novel THE TRIBE is now out from Cemetery Dance Publications. And there are now 6 Novels in my Raine's Landing supernatural thriller series, with a seventh on the way.

Here's the complete list of my eBooks on Kindle, some self-published, others from the likes of Eos/HarperCollins and CD Publications.      VISIT MY WEBSITE.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
Re: A Black Glass Slipper - powerful supernatural thriller - 99c
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 02:52:49 PM »
Hi Tony, and congratulations on your book!  :)

Please note that KindleBoards is a Readers and Kindle Fan forum.  Authors are always welcome to post anywhere but, as you browse the 'boards, please keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows: (Note that this doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference, so post this note in every thread. :) )

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it and add to it when there is more information, as we ask that authors have only one thread per book.  You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days.  Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link.  Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows.  This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles!  Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post.  For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum.  Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards!  Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
AquaKindle
Godric's Hollow (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
Re: A Black Glass Slipper - hard-hitting supernatural thriller - 99c
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 04:38:40 PM »
You can find out more about my work, in print and on Kindle, at my website:
http://www.richardsreality.com
My new crime novel THE TRIBE is now out from Cemetery Dance Publications. And there are now 6 Novels in my Raine's Landing supernatural thriller series, with a seventh on the way.

Here's the complete list of my eBooks on Kindle, some self-published, others from the likes of Eos/HarperCollins and CD Publications.      VISIT MY WEBSITE.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
Re: A Black Glass Slipper - supernatural thriller - 99c
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 04:10:34 PM »
I've recently been blogging about all of my self-published titles on Kindle:
http://raineslanding.blogspot.com

Offline mrtajthompson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 05:12:39 PM »
congrats.  ;D i will be getting my copy to read.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 07:34:26 AM »
congrats.  ;D i will be getting my copy to read.

Thanks, friend.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 06:48:33 AM »
I'll have a couple of new collections of short stories -- horror/supernatural/dark fantasy -- going on Kindle next week.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 12:40:09 PM »
Thanks to those people who have bought A Black Glass Slipper so far.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 07:09:47 AM »
I've been talking about the process of writing a short story on my blog: http://raineslanding.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 08:38:43 AM »
ABGS is one of my most powerful novels.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 03:46:53 PM »
The terrific cover is by Steve Upham.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 02:51:58 PM »
I've more fiction uploading on Kindle all the time, including a massive new collection.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 03:25:00 PM »
Another week, another bump.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 03:07:24 PM »
Half the covers on my signature are by Steve Upham. To look at more of his artwork, check out his site here: http://www.screamingdreams.com/artwork.html

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 03:46:07 PM »
And once again, I bring this excellent book to your attention.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 03:53:37 PM »
It was first published in print by the award-shortlisted Pendragon Press.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2012, 01:06:01 PM »
And the current terrific cover is -- natch -- by Steve Upham.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 11:47:00 AM »
More news soon.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
ABGS has been reformatted for easier reading.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
My self-published ebooks are selling 10 times the number in the US that they sell in the UK, and so thanks to all of my American readers.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
Although just these last couple of weeks, I've started selling better in the UK too.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
My books on Kindle are starting to get reviews. It's been a long wait (18 months or so) but mostly worth it: http://amzn.to/m4ihme

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
Re: A Black Glass Slipper - thriller with a supernatural twist - 99c
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2012, 04:51:05 PM »
Unlike many low-cost kindle books, the author actually proofread the book and formatted it properly! -- http://amzn.to/MhGcEW

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 05:14:24 PM »
And here it is again.

Offline Tony Richards

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2012, 05:15:53 PM »
And again!