Author Topic: The Dr Pepper Prophecies - Women's Fiction (Chick Lit) - Romantic Comedy  (Read 1646 times)  

Offline JGR

• North Yorkshire, England
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
A laugh out loud chick lit / romantic comedy novel.

Written with dry wit and just a touch of insanity. If you're a fan of Sophie Kinsella, Helen Fielding (Bridget Jones' Diary), Marian Keyes or Jane Costello, or just love your romcoms, you'll love this!

'From the moment I started reading this story I was hooked and I couldn't put it down. I was having a bad day and feeling a little depressed at the time but this book made me laugh so hard!'
-- Meredith's Rambles & Babbles

~~~~

"Sometimes I think how much nicer it would be if my life were a movie. Although I'd prefer it to last longer than two hours."

25-year-old Mel Parker has a few tiny problems:
* Her job is terrible
* She's been dumped yet again
* Her ex is now her boss
* Her parents think she's a loser compared to her perfect younger sister
* All her efforts to improve her life seem doomed to failure
* There just isn't enough chocolate in the world to make up for the above.

The one good thing in her life has always been her best friend Will, who has seen her through every crisis from lost toys to pregnancy scares. But his girlfriend (who's prettier, better-dressed, more successful and secretly evil) is determined to replace Mel as the woman in his life and how is Mel supposed to compete?

So what do you do when you've pretty much given up on your own life? Help others, of course!

After all, what's the worst that can happen?

~~~~

Praise for The Dr Pepper Prophecies:

'The Dr Pepper Prophecies is a riot. I confess I laughed [at] almost every page.'
-- bad*ss Book Reviews

'The more I read this book, the more I loved the story and the characters.'
-- Chick Lit Reviews and News

'This author has a fantastic way with words and knows how to engage the reader.'
-- Nicola Smith, What Nikki Read

'Like the titular beverage, The Dr Pepper Prophecies is sweet, frothy and immediately rewarding. It may not count as one of your five-a-day, but you'll feel a hell of a lot better for it afterwards.'
-- Best Chick Lit

~~~~

The Dr Pepper Prophecies is a British chick lit / romantic comedy book based (loosely) on Jane Austen's Emma.

http://bit.ly/18acLdD
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 10:17:56 am by JGR »

Women's Fiction/Chick Lit Author
Jennifer Gilby Roberts | Blog | Mailing List | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Google + | Goodreads | LibraryThing | Wattpad

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not really a moderator. :)
      • View Profile
    Re: The Dr Pepper Prophecies
    « Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 05:11:40 pm »

Welcome to KBoards, and congratulations on the book!  :)

This is just a friendly reminder that KBoards is a Readers and Kindle Fan forum.  Authors are always welcome to post anywhere but, as you browse the 'boards, please keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows: (Note that this doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference, so post this note in every thread. :) )

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information.  You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days.  Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link.  Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KBoards as time allows.  This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles!  Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post.  For information on more ways to promote here on KBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
    Authors: KBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum.  Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KBoards!  Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
    Book Bazaar Moderators
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline JGR

• View Profile
      • My Blog
    Re: The Dr Pepper Prophecies
    « Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 02:26:39 am »
    I will provide a free copy in .mobi, .epub or .pdf format to anyone willing to write a review (ideally including one on Amazon).

Anyone interested please PM me with your email and preferred format.

Thanks very much.

Jennifer Gilby Roberts | Blog | Mailing List | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Google + | Goodreads | LibraryThing | Wattpad

Offline JGR

• View Profile
      • My Blog
    Re: The Dr Pepper Prophecies - Chick Lit - Free Copies for Reviewers!
    « Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 02:43:54 pm »
    NB The epub file is giving me problems.  But then everyone here will have a Kindle, so it doesn't matter  :D.

Offline JGR

• View Profile
      • My Blog
    « Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 05:28:16 am »
    What people have said about The Dr Pepper Prophecies over on  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17924666-the-dr-pepper-prophecies:

"I do laugh out loud when I read some books but I never really had so many moments of hilarity while reading like with this book."

"Very enjoyable and light hearted read."

"This is the perfect feel-good read when you want to laugh out loud and spend some time with an amazing set of characters."

4* rating so far.

Offline JGR

• View Profile
      • My Blog
    « Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 01:53:12 am »
    I'm trying out a new cover over on Amazon.

I'd be grateful for any feedback.

Offline JGR

• View Profile
      • My Blog
    « Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 10:57:27 am »
    FREE on Amazon 30-31 October 2013.

Offline JGR

• View Profile
      • My Blog
    Now 122 reviews on Amazon.com, 36 on Amazon.co.uk (4.2 average on both).

Offline JGR

• View Profile
      • My Blog
    TDPP has now sold over 3,000 copies!

Offline JGR

• View Profile
      • My Blog

Offline JGR

• View Profile
      • My Blog
    I'm taking TDPP on a blog tour in the first week in May, to celebrate it's first anniversary.  Look out for me on some major chick lit blogs, such as Chick Lit Plus, Chick Lit Central, Chick Lit Reviews & News and Chick Lit Pad.

Offline JGR

• View Profile
      • My Blog
    I've got a whole load of giveaways and other offers going on this month.  See http://jennifergilbyroberts.wordpress.com/2014/05/01/the-dr-pepper-prophecies-anniversary-celebrations-2/ for more details.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement